Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Im bitchy, I moan, I groan.....anyway.

Options

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited March 2012
    Options

WOW!!! Good for you Kathleen!! I have NO willpower so just don't keep bad stuff in the house. My problem is probably volume...sigh.

• lovinmomma
    lovinmomma Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2012
    Options

Prayers EWB! Those quilts are beautiful!!!! Kathleen...40 pounds?? That is amazing. I so need to loose it too, but like Barbe...NO willpower.

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited March 2012
    Options

Thanks everyone.  Its been a journey!  The only problem with losing weight at my age is, boy, do I have loose skin!

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012
    Options

Now I am really confused.  I met with a vascular surgeon yesterday.  For those just joining us I have been told that I need to have a "rotor rooter" job on my legs.  I went in for what I thought was resolution to this problem only to have the guy "map" my legs and do nothing to fix the problem!  And then I could not get anyone to call me back!  I finally got the report from my primary care doctor.  Guess what?  This one says it would have been an 'easy fix' but that with diet and exercise I probably didn't need it!  I have also been told that I need my carotid artery fixed - his tests showed that it wasn't bad enough to do anything about it.

I made an appointment with an orthopedist to inquire about a hip replacement - I see him on March 16th.  The pain in my legs is getting intolerable.  If he tells me I don't need a hip replacement I'm going to wave the white flag!

When I went to the ER for stroke-like symptoms at the end of October, they told me my CAT scan and MRI were normal.  The neurologist came in and said I had, in fact, had a stroke!  When I again went to the ER in January the ER doctor said there were significant changes in the CAT scan from October and ordered another MRI.  The neurologist said I did not have a stroke.  What the hell is going on?

• barbe1958
    edited March 2012
    Options

Holy crap Kathleen!!! I get that sometimes too, so you are not alone. One ER doc kept me overnight due to Long Q-T Syndrome in my heart, yet another doc pooh-poohed it!! So I get how you must be feeling. Like, who are you supposed to trust?????

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012
    Options

Barbe ... thanks ... sorry you have had to go through this too!  It gets more complicated but its not worth the time to write about.  I feel like my health care is being performed by committee!

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2012
    Options

Kathleen, you are seeing so many doctors that it is being performed  by committee, and they don't even meet or talk to each other!

Hope you get some resolution (and relief) soon.

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012
    Options

Thanks Pat.  I am really fed up with all of them!  What gets me is that two different doctors are saying something different about the same medical problem.  It just seems to me that if my legs are blocked, tests would say the same thing and there would be an agreement no matter who looked at the test - and the same test should have the same outcome no matter who read it.  I am going to have a hip replacement because that pain in getting intolerable - unless two separate sets of x-rays are interpreted differently!

• financegirl
    financegirl Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2012
    Options

Yep it sucks.  My gripe is my family.   I chose doctors and facilities for treatment a little over an hour away and their part  was to get my mail, cut the grass and check on the house during treatment the few days each chemo cycle I stayed with friends.  Rarely did it get done and I'd come back home to papers in the driveway, mail coming out of the box, etc.  Only thing missing was the sign saying "no one home, come on in".  Hell, one family member living near treatment promised to take me to a chemo session and slept right thru it and I could not wake her to take me so I drove myself.  She said she was sorry but she was so tired - - really, really!!!  Had I promised to take any cancer patient anywhere my ass would have been up unless I personally was in ICU myself.  

I am thru treatment (4 DD A/C, 4 T and 6 weeks radiation) and friends did everything for me.  I found that what they say is true - "Friends are the family you get to choose".   

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2012
    Options

When I read some of these stories about "families" it makes me cringe..........thank God for mine.............they were so attentive, they smothered me...............the hospital Dr.s and staff would laugh and say "she has her own entourage"............and this was every Dr. visit, surgery, biopsy, and even though I could drive 15 minutes to my Rad treatments (33)...........I never went to one alone....................what the hell is family for..........but I guess the old saying is true................One mother can raise 6 children......but 6 children can't take care of one mother.........I had 6..............some missed nothing.....others were there for most...............I am blessed.........

But your right about friends...........look what I found here.........I 'couldn't ask for better.....hugs.

• sueper13
    sueper13 Member Posts: 360
    edited March 2012
    Options

You lucky duck.

:O)

• BelaT
    BelaT Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2012
    Options

My family sucks except my daughter, she is 18 but such a sweetheart. My sister is a B***** and my brothers and their wives never come. my dad too old my mom cares but again too old.

yes I am mad and ....

bela 

• harley63
    harley63 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2012
    Options

I have been away for too long...   then I lost my password... so I had to re register...

Hope things are not too sucky for you all...

BTW, my 5 year cancerversary is tomorrow...   I guess I should be feeling very happy but I am not...

I just have been feeling blah and don't really know why.... 

HUGS

Harley

• jrh1953
    jrh1953 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Options

I, too just found this topic.  This last year has been awful.. I am so sick of people saying I love your hair, you look so good with gray hair. To me, It is a neon sign of the year I just got through.  I am on the generic of Arimidex and have the most awful shoulder aches.  Sometime I just want to cry. My energy is shot and I do not handle stress at all. I cannot sleep with out help and have heat attacks,  not flashes.  People who have not experienced this do not understand.  I try to be strong, but all I really want to do is curl up on the couch and stay there.  I know I am not going to die (at least not now) from this and I am thankful it was found early,but two little spots caused a mascetomy, chemo, and all this other crap.  BC is a witch!!!

• wishiwere
    wishiwere Member Posts: 934
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi all, just a quickie here, hoping this is finding the 'that sux' crew doing better than they can hope for? :)

HARLEY GIRL!  YEAH!!!!!!!!  Congrats on the biggun hon~ 

Wow...Jrh....chemo for DCIS...I've learned something new today...I have to tell you, I put up with arimidex for nearly 4 years and finally said enough already....I can't believe what I've put up for that long, feeling so horrible...........but I must say there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I've regained my spark in life finally this spring and for the first time in 4 1/2 years and back to nearly me again!  Just spent 4 hours attempting to make up for those lost years in the yard, and oh, what a mess I am presented with.  hang in there lady, the meds sux, but so does the alternative :)

Love and {{hugs}} to all I've missed lately~  Hang in there ladies.....

BTW, I do read the email updates, just don't post much~ But I think of you all often and pray that your angels are watching over you each :)

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012
    Options

Today I am consulting with an orthopedic surgeon about a hip replacement.  The pain in my hip and legs is getting to the point of extremely annoying!  I used to walk a mile or two (taking my sister's dogs for a walk) and lately I can't make it to the end of the driveway!  My conflicting medical needs are frustrating to say the least.  I have a diabetic foot ulcer that has stubbornly refused to close and I am told to put as little pressure as possible on it.  A vascular surgeon and my cardiologist tell me to walk 30 minutes a day.  My hip kills me walking any distance at all.  Would any other medical professional care to weigh in?

I'm sorry that there are so many problems out there.  Family does suck.  I learned very early in life that if I wanted to rely on anyone it had better be me!  My journey with breast cancer was no exception.

Harley ... congrats!

• harley63
    harley63 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2012
    Options

Wish,

Thanks for the warm wishes!  

Kathleen,

Thanks for the happy cancerversary!

I can't wait to finish Tamoxifen.  I still have til October.... UGH...

Having hot flashes at night...  it sux but it could be worse!

Harley

• Cyn0619
    Cyn0619 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2012
    Options

I love this forum. U go girls!

• Cyn0619
    Cyn0619 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2012
    Options

I love this forum. U go girls!

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446
    edited June 2012
    Options

So, what miracle ends this thread?? did everyone suddenly and dramatically get happy? do l need to regurgitate the last year of misery, heartache, medical mayhem and family horrors to get y'all bitchin again??? how bout the one where the car battery blows up? Oh, yeah.. In my sisters driveway. OOh.. The one where the old and very weird now-ex bf of DD1 stalked her apt eventually breaking in a third floor window at 7 am because a nice guy from work walked her home and they fell asleep talking. ...he was armed too. Wait.. The one where the elderly mom is so mean to one of her three kids that those grown up grandkids are afraid of her. Or maybe the one about the Major ins co canceling our 28 yr old policy because it had a $100 deductible & blamed it on some rust spots on the garage door, which we fixed. the computer crashed, the dog died, the test results were inconclusive .. But continue expensive treatment anyway.

IT NEVER LET'S UP! I figure when the drama/trauma ends - - I'll be a goner.

I think l missed my boat. You know, the one where you are all grown up and border on being financially successful? THAT boat. Can l get a do-over? My boat sank.

~Connie

• duckyb1
    edited June 2012
    Options

Connie.........honey.................good God, I can't top that, but I sure could come a close second..............as bad as it was reading it...............you had me peeing my pants.......................just hope it alol comes together for you........................hugs, and we will get this post going again...............we sure are good "bitchers, and complainers"................well at least that is what my 6 kids tell me..................lol...................hugs.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited June 2012
    Options

when i can't bitch, it will be over..  you go girl!

• Connie07
    edited June 2012
    Options

Oh good, that's better. This thread has kept me going thru all of the above and so much more, l use humor. And sarcasm to hide behind. It works most of the time. For the rest of the time l prefer Miller Lite.

I have been away from here for a while. congrats on births. We had a new baby girl in late Jan. she arrived with a dramatic entrance. everyone is settling down. the baby had awful colic, the daddy works a night shift. The house is tiny, only 2 bedrooms and with a 3 yr old someone was always trying to sleep. I regret not being as involved as with the first one, but sometimes one just has to step back, breathe and let them learn some things on their own.

barbe, last news on the ,,, I have so many adjectives for this pseudoMan who pretended to be normal but was really on drugs big time while he was cheating and eventually abandoned my DD2 & their beautiful baby girl... We were seeking a peace bond so he would behave. it was denied &referred to a different court. But he finally went to jail. First for about a month (first offenders defense). He got a job, paid child support for several months and returned to his first love: Cocaine. and shady women. They began to tag-team harass DD2 and eventually were seen fighting. Hitting, screaming, choking.. On the front lawn of his fathers house. A neighbor reported it at 2am and he was arrested & charged w battery. This stretch lasted 5 months and he was released 3weeks ago. has only asked to see the child one time.... To which he didn't show up. last week he missed two court dates & we haven't heard from nor seen him since. Hmmm, It still amazes me how many faces he has and that he is still alive. Can I take out a life ins policy on him? I would make the child the sole beneficiary.

And that's all l'm gonna bitch about tonight.

But I will be back.

It's my FIVE year cancerversary week. Whoop.

~Connie

• duckyb1
    edited June 2012
    Options

Connie...............congrats girlfriend................wow....5 years.............If for no other reason I wish I was 5 years (except at 77 I might not see 5 more years).........but if I do, I will be off Femara...................hate that shit, hate the aches, pains, LE, thin hair.............and finding myself "crying" at a hallmark commercial...............oh Lord, let me feel like my "old self" for just 1 day.......................1 day without pain somewhere................even I'm sick of listening to myself "bitch".....................hugs Connie, and congrats again......................here's hoping for many more cancerversary years for you.

• Connie07
    edited June 2012
    Options

Well thanks ducky, l had no idea you are 77. Seriously, you chat like you're at least 20 years younger!!!! I hope I have half yr spunk now. Sometimes I think all the illness and SEs and falling & surgeries have broken my spirit. Not one huge event but the accumulation of all this plus the kids, DH, house, the parents, siblings, the doctors, nurses, accounts people, it's just all draining. and I was an active adult who cared and gave back. it isn't just because I got a BC dx 5 years ago. But it seems like the whole downhill slide from then to now, well, it started about then.

I SWEAR I try to not be such a downer. Ask most any old-timer on here if I have mostly been either relaying the truth or my quirky version of it. generally prefer to have a good time and not hurt anyone doing it. {cue the opening sound from Jaws}.. ..duhDuh, DuDuh, my menacing mother lurks, waiting for a moment of unguarded enjoyment.... ( me, tonite at a dinner for my DD1s birthday).. She waits, DuDuh, . ...BAMM. She strikes, stealth has only opened a large wound. so quick the strike that no other but the victim knows it happened. Then she waits as i slowly bleed out. Then and only then is the fatal blow dealt, sonic speed and accuracy is achieved. A clean and vicious blow. leaving all those around her in shock. As if the strong and practiced predator had not struck at all. ... They turn and walk away, as if it were all a dream..

Ok, see, that's my humor describing an encounter with mother tonight.

If not for this outlet I could explode.

Connie

• duckyb1
    edited June 2012
    Options

Connie..................this website, and yo ladies have kept me from going off the deep end many times........face it, after everyone thinks "she's doing great" ..........................they have no idea...............If only they knew......................I think.....................look into my eyes...........do they look like the eys of a person that is "happy"................yes it beats the alternative, but I think sometimes...............does it really...............then reality shakes me back into my senses, and I think......................yes I need to be here, if not for me........for everyone else......................and I go on, into another day.....of not knowing...................hugs Connie

• Connie07
    edited June 2012
    Options

Gives me an idea of how Thelma and Louise felt at the end when they had no hope of justice so they just hit the gas and went flying over the edge.

Mostly, l think we share each others burdens cause we know how heavy it can be.

• duckyb1
    edited June 2012
    Options

God help us....................SHE'S NOT HEAVY.........SHE'S MY SISTER..........LOVE YA.

• barbe1958
    edited July 2012
    Options

Aw come on!! You can BITCH better than that!!!???!!!

• duckyb1
    edited July 2012
    Options

Barbe...............hey girlfriend, how the hell are you..........have not been on a thread with yo for a while.......good to hear you.................and damn right we can Bitch better then that.................we have bitching cornered...lol................so how have you been...............miss your sense of humor, you gave me many a laugh when I needed it.

Me,..............I feel like "shit" most of the time...............I don't even want to begin with what "hurts".............and how about the swollen legs and feet...............I look like a friggin elephant with a "fluid problem"..............just switched from Femara to Letrozole..............only took 2 pills so far............I fell into the Gap, and my co-pay for the brand went from $170.00 for 90 days to $348.00 for 90 days...........and it Sept. it would have gone up to $800.00 for 90 days......so I figured I can switch, pay $62.00 for 90 days to feel like "shit"..........................if the generic makes me feel worse........................I'm off it................for good.......................will take my chances............................a few good years is better then....................a lot of "lousy" years................so forward I go, always hoping for a brighter day......................people say "well at least your alive".................and to that I say F/You.............................thisis existing...........not living..............

So again great to hear from you, and Barbe, no one bitches better then you............lol..........hugs girlfriend