Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• susiered
    susiered Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2008
    Options

Thank you oneagleswings! Bless you too and I will be praying for your healing as well as the other ladies here

Footprintsangel you always have such good scripture and words of encouragement. Thank you!

Genia I am so glad God sent some blessings your way! Isn't he good?

Love and prayers to all of you!

Susan

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2008
    Options

Yes he is Susan.......thank you!!!

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited November 2008
    Options

Genia:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for starting this thread.  I found it because I felt drawn to check your profile when I was on the Sept08 thread we both belong to.  Must've been something about you.

My pastor and my chuch have been walking beside me and holding me up through this whole thing.  I think the one thing that stands out so much in my mind is that the morning my husband and I walked into the hospital for my mastectomy, I saw my pastor sitting in the lobby of the hospital waiting for me.  I don't think he will ever know how much that meant to me.

I pray nightly that God will use me as His instrument in all I go through. I know that, whatever my outcome is, God will use it for good (as long as I keep my fingers out of it). 

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited November 2008
    Options

Giving It to God

Gods Word tells us in Psalm 62:8 to"Trust in Him at all times.....pour out your hearts to Him, For God is our refuge."

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Hey Jane.......great to have ya here.   God has been so good to me.......and there is nothing like the calmness of knowing he is gonna do what he thinks is best!!!   Either way......

I want to get better and live.......but it's his call........not mine!!!

hugsssss 

• Jane_M
    edited November 2008
    Options

Good morning, ladies.  May the Lord bless you all today.  I read a little pamphlet every day called "The Daily Bread."  Today's verse says, "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35.  I think that is what we all have here and I thank God that He has put you all in my path.

• susiered
    susiered Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2008
    Options

Good Morning everyone.  Jane it is so nice to have you here. I just wanted to share something someone sent me not too long ago. You all may have heard it before, but It is so true and I thought I'd post it for you.

Whatever your cross,

whatever your pain,

there will always be sunshine,

after the rain....

Perhaps you may stumble,

perhaps even fall,

But Gods always ready,

to answer your call....

He knows every heartache,

sees every tear,

a word from his lips,

can calm every fear....

Your sorrows may linger,

throughout the night,

But suddenly vanish,

in dawns early light...

The Savior is waiting,

somewhere above,

To give you his grace,

and send you his love...

whatever your cross,

whatever your pain,

God always sends rainbows, after the rain.

• Jane_M
    edited November 2008
    Options

I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this on, but I would like to share a little about why I feel that God has placed me on this path for a reason.

I would also like to forewarn you all that this will probably be a long post, so you might want to skip it.

My mom passed away 5 years ago.  I had been her primary caregiver for several years before she died and I was with her when she passed.  This occurred at the same time my son was leaving for the Navy.  I felt a horrible emptiness in my heart and I didn't know how to fill it.  I turned first to prescription drugs and then decided they would work better if combined with alcohol.

In 2005, I reached a bottom so low that I wanted to kill myself.  On June 30, 2005, I was admitted to a psych center after an accidental overdose of Fioricet.  I spent a week there where I learned (admitted) that I had a drug and alcohol problem.  When I was released, I joined the ranks of alcoholics anonymous. (On a side note, I would like to mention that my grandfather, father, brother and neice all had substance abuse problems.)  I have been sober since June 30, 2005, with the help of the Spritual Program of AA.  For those of you not familiar with the program, Step 2 of the program instructs, "Came to believe that a Power Greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity." and Step 3 instructs us to "Turn our wills and lives over to the care of God as we understand Him."

I realized that God never left me during this period.  I left God.  Through working these steps, I once again was able to rejuvenate my faith in God and once again become an active participant in my church.  I also began doing service work in my AA home group and began sponsoring other women, sharing with them Who keeps me sober one day at at time.

I believe that God permitted me to become an addict/alcoholic to enable me to be of service to others.

Last summer, my husband was having problems with kidney stones.  During his work up, an ulstrasound showed a tumor on one of his kidneys.  He had to have the tumor and part of his kidney removed.  It was cancerous, but was Stage 0.  His has little or no risk of recurrence as the tumor was removed with clean margins and this type of cancer does not metastesize.

I believe that going through that experience with my husband last summer prepared both of us to handle what I am going through now.  He now knows how I felt last summer and I now know how he felt.

Now, I am going through my own struggle.  I have already had many opportunities to use this experience to witness to others.  Some of this has been active, some passive.  When the opportunity arises and people ask, I let them know that the source of my strength is God.  Others simply watch the way I am handling my troubles with grace and dignity and it gives them strength and gratitude for what they have.

I am so glad that I found this thread.  It just reinforces, for me, that God is holding me in His hands and, regardless of the ultimate outcome, He will allow me to continue being an instrument of His peace.

I am grateful today for another day to wake up and be able to get out of bed, for a warm roof over my head and food in my fridge, for my family and friends, for kitties and puppies, and the Lord God who has given it all.

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Susie.....that was so beautiful.......I need to copy it and keep it!!!   There ARE rainbows after the rain.......and the sun ALWAYS shines.......eventually!!!

Jane...thank you for sharing that story with us.  In my family.... I have a drug addicted 22 year old daugther, and an alcoholic husband.  So I know very well......what you are saying.  I turned it all over to God.  Because right now.....I have my health to worry about and deal with.  And I can't be worrying about them.  

Although I complain about chemo and it making me sick and just feeling like crap.......I'm always thankful when I open my eyes and see the sun has come up.  Cause that means God has ALLOWED me to live one more day.  

And there will be a rainbow when this is ALL over with.........

God Bless you all.........hugsssss

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

I sang this song........and this is exactly how I feel if you want to go listen to it.

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b9108294f 

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

" Daily,Hourly, I need to be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power, putting on the full armor of God so that I might be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil."(Ephesians 6:10-11,13-18

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2015
    Options

He's my joy,

He's my light.

He's my strength,

and my sight.

He's my friend, when I'm low,

He's my Savior, I love him so! By Debbie

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Lord, I come before you with thankfullness that we have you to help us win. Like I  Lord, Alot of people are fighting a long battle and need to rest in you. Please help them to remember you are aways there. Bless the sick and weak, that they get strength from you. Bless the lonely or scared, That they may walk in peace and have a fullness in their lonely heart. Lord you know every need here and see every tear. Thank you Lord for reminding us of your none stop love for us. AMEN

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

AMEN....beautiful prayer Debbie!!!

• OnEaglesWings
    OnEaglesWings Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2008
    Options

Jane m - thank you for sharing your post.  Congrats on being sober since 2005!  I think it's important to share our stories of how God has helped us, and continues to.  It brings Him great glory, and also I believe it is healing for us as we share.  Whenever I share all that God has brought me through.... it's like another wave of grace washes over me, and I am filled with gratitude all over again.

GOD is so good, and so are all of you beautiful ladies.

God bless you all!

Sue

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Build a bridge not a wall, We need a bridge to get threw the hard trails, But sometimes we build a walls away from Him, Where we are not able to climb. With Gods help we can build a very strong bridge to get us threw the hard times and to a resting  place.  We can trust him to help us build our bridge to happiness and peace. But it sometime takes alot of hard trials and work to get there. May God help you build your bridge of peace and not a wall.

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Very true Debbie.........great words of wisdom hun!!!!

hugssssssss

• kerry_lamb
    kerry_lamb Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2008
    Options

" I love you, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky.

And stay by my side until morning is nigh'.

Do you all remember 'Away in a Manger'? How lovely and innocent is that carol? 

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Yes I remember and love the song!!!!

Thanks for the reminder Kerry.........hugsss......good to see you sweetie

Genia

• Jane_M
    edited November 2008
    Options

I saw this prayer in a catalog this morning and I wanted to share it:

Morning Prayer:

Now I wake me up to live,                                                                                    

I'll give life all I have to give.

If today I face a test,

I'll cope and pray and do my best.

With each breath and step I take,

Be with me LORD

For heaven's sake

Amen

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Loved that prayer Jane.....never heard that before!

Thanks for sharing.......

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Jeremiah 29:11 Has been a help when I begin to doubt." I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

From the book, Uplift  Secerts from the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer Surviviors

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

In Psalms 18 David sang; I love You, O Lord, My strength. The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

We are never alone with  our walk, God always gives us strength to keep  going. Even when weare weak, He makes us strong!   God bless you as you remember, He loves and cares for you.

• Jane_M
    edited November 2008
    Options

Please pray for Lisa, one of our sisters who posts on a bitch and moan thread.  She has just been diagnosed with mets to the brain.  I am at a loss for words, so all I can do is cry out to Him and He knows the need.

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Miracles seem to me to rest not so much upon faces or voices or healing power suddenly near to us from afar off, But upon our perceptions being made finer, So that for a moment our eyes can see and our ears can hear what is there always. By Willa Cather, 1876-1947

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Jane, My dad had that and it was no fun!   Dear God, we bring Lisa to you, Bless her and help her to understand that You are there. She is very sadden at this time and needs You oh Lord. Help her to know you are always there, Even at the darkest times. Bless her family and friends that they can be strong to help her.  We leave it all in your name. AMEN

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

I'm so sorry Jane......wish there was something I could say or do to make it better for her!!!   When did they tell her about this?

hugssss

• Jane_M
    edited November 2008
    Options

According to the bitch and moan thread, she found out on Friday, I think.  I don't know her personally, but the women on these threads have become very dear to me and my heart aches for her.

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Yes I know what you mean Jane.   You are all my sisters here.....and when one is hurting.......it breaks my heart!!! 

I HATE CANCER.......it is such a coward!!!!

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Friends, We must stay strong and not give up. Satan has been working on me too. I say alot, Satan get out of my life! And pray the Lord helps me.

Dear Lord, Bless Jane and Genia at this time, Help them to know that they are never alone. Give Genia comfort threw her chemo, Help her be a winner and when she's tired comfort her to rest and know you are there. Lord help Jane to also know that you are there to help her, She is in need of your love and comfort at this time. Bless all there are dealing with a mountain and not a hill. We love you Lord, AMEN