Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear kbugmom, When your feel it is hard to walk in faith, Remember the footprints in the sand. I forget to remember that Her is carrying us threw the hard times.

Dear Lord, I can feel the heavy  worries of the mother about her sons. Bless her with your comfort and know that with the faith of a mustard seed you can move a mountain. Please help her to stay close to You as she knows God You can do all things. We love you Lord and Thank you for each day. AMEN

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2008
    Options

Good morning ladies.....hope this day finds all of you well!!!  I'm feeling much better now.  I have one more week before my next round of chemo.  Seems to be the pattern.  One week of feeling good then more chemo.  I have 3 more rounds.......so I'm at the top of the hill now.....goin down the other side!

I appreciate all those prayers for me.  They sure make a world of difference.........can't imagine not having God on my side during all this.

I'm so happy to have each of you in my life........especially you Debbie.  You are my rock too sweetie.......don't forget that!

hugssssss and have a blessed day!!!

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

kbugsmom......I will remember your son in my prayers!  God bless you and give you the peace and strength you need right now!!!

hugssssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Yesterday is history, tommorow is a mystery, today is a gift-that is why it is called the present.

So be grateful for each present that we are given by God.

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Today is a gift from you, Bless us that we will remember all the gifts you have given us. O Lord we have some people on this line that need you touch. To help them be strong in their fight. You know  those people, Please comfort them and as chemo wear them down. Bless those that are sick or just need you to remind them, They are never alone(I will never leave you or forsake you) We love you Lord and thank you for this day AMEN

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

I went to the Dr. today. Have to go see my surgeon tomorrow. My oncologist thinks my chemo port is gonna have to come out. I had a low grade fever today and this thing just won't heal right! It just keeps getting infected.

My back has really been bothering me a lot, too.

He's gonna just watch my back.....to see if it keeps hurting. If so I have to have another bone scan done. He's hoping it the Neulasta they give me for my white cells.

I was also borderline anemic today.....could explain why I've been SOOO tired lately!

hugsssss to you all......and thanks for your prayers!

Genia

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2008
    Options

Good morning everyone! It's another day from the Lord. I guess sometimes we just take "one day at a time". It seems with the cooler weather, my joints hurt extra bad, but I'm just thankful to be able to see another day. My thoughts and prayers are with you all....have a very blessed day!

Genia.....special prayers are with you today and your visit with the surgeon. Hope they can get that port right. I pray for extra strength for your body and encouragement for your soul. God bless you!!!

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited November 2008
    Options

Genia I had a port that would not heal and had to come out.Then I got the next one. It is one more frustrating thing in this walk .Praying for you.

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Thank you for the wonderful and caring people, Bless Genia and all the others that need you to help them. Lord please help us to see the light at the end of our  tunnels. Lord we know that you will never leave us or forsake us. Give us courage and strength to get through our mountains and make them hills. We give this all to you. AMEN

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Hi ladies........

My port has to come out Tuesday.....then he's putting another one in up higher on my chest that same day.  I'll be having my 4th round of chemo on Weds.......not looking forward to next week at all!!!

Thanks for your prayers.....love ya all!

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord,  Help us to see the beauty in each day, Even when we feel so alone or tired. Bless Genia with the faith to stay strong in her fight,  And anyone else that needs your extra love at this time. We love you Lord and thank you for this family on-line.....AMEN

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Thank you for that beautiful prayer Debbie.

I think I have decided to leave my port in there.  I got two different opinions from my surgeon and my oncologist.  It is still working.......just never healed right.  I have no guarantee the next one will heal right either.......so not sure I wanna go through another surgery.  I only have 3 more rounds of chemo......then if it needs to be moved for my Herceptin......I can do it then.  Or they can move it when I have my breast surgery.  My tumor is shrinking so much he thinks I may be able to have a lumpectomy instead of a mastectomy.  

hugs to all.......and have a blessed day!!!

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited November 2008
    Options

Praise the Lord, Genia, that you may be able to have just a lumpectomy.  They put my port in at the same time as they did the mastectomy, so I got a 2 for 1 surgery.  If you have to have another port put in, maybe they can put a fresh one in when you have your breast surgery.

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

That's what I'm thinkin Jane.  I only have 3 more rounds of chemo........then my surgery.  So why not wait til then........???

I'll call my Dr. Monday and talk to him about it.

• pinkpig
    pinkpig Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2008
    Options

Wow!  What great news about your tumor and your port.  Thanks be to God!

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Genia, You know with God as one of the Doctors, That we know he will help they with all you are going threw. When in doubt, ask another Dr what they would do. God bless you and help you to get the right help.

Lord, We come to you knowing you know the things that the Drs are doing. Please help them to do what Genia needs to beat this cancer. We ask that all things are done in your will, She is a very special person and we are asking in your name to help her. God bless all the wonderful people that are  making this line helpful to other. AMEN

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Yes......He's been with me through this whole thing!!!  Couldn't have made it this far without Him  I can't imagine how anyone that doesn't know God.......goes through this!!!

Thank you for all your prayers..........they keep me going!!!

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord,   We come before you on this beautiful day you have made for us, Lord we thank you for all the wonderful  blessing of each day. Bless Genia and all the other wonderful people here on-line. We are so happy to know all the good that is ours each day . Help those that are sick or in need of you to help them threw a trial at this time.  We love you Lord and thank You again for our on-line family. AMEN

• kbugmom
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord Please heal Joshua. I know he is worried and scared but I know you are there with him all those miles from us. Lord I know you love him so. Lord I stand on your word. I claim his healing. Father God I put satan under my feet on our and Joshua's behalf. Praise you Jehovah Jireha our provider. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Lord, I come before you as kbugmom has ask I to ask that you help heal Joshua, I can feel the need of your love to surround the family and Joshua with your love too. Bless them and help them threw this time and to remember the bible verse, "I will never leave you or forsake you. Our Lord you know the others on this line that need too. Bless(Genia) all of them to know you are walking with them. We love You Lord. AMEN

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2008
    Options

Since it is Thanksgiving week, I wanted to offer up special thanks to the Lord for ALL that He's done for me. He's been with me my whole life, but I have felt His presence especially close the past year. I was diagnosed right before Thanksgiving last year, and I'm so thankful for everything (treatments, surgeries, etc.) that He's brought me through. It sure makes me look at life differently and I know I'll never be the same. I've been so blessed by all of you ladies!! Your understanding, prayers and support are genuine. I never knew there was such caring people in the world......I pray that God blesses each of you this week, whether you've got doctor's appointments, treatments, traveling to visit family, or just staying home alone. We're truly NEVER alone:) God bless you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

God bless you ALL for your sweet thoughts and prayers you have posted!!!

You truly are such a blessing to me.........big hugs

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

May I ask who Joshua is???  Not sure but I may have missed something........

• kbugmom
    edited November 2008
    Options

Genia, Joshua is one of my son's who is a marine stationed in Okinawa. He is awaiting test results. They found something in his sinus area. He was to get results today but the dr he was to see had to take emergency leave so now will be the first before he hears. Hurry up and wait as I call it. He says do not worry Mom. Well to late. He was suppose to visit in a few weeks but this changed the plans. He will go to Iraq next year and I so wanted to spend some time with him. He has been overseas since Jan. I could use a hug. Genia I have lung mets and just wanted a great visit with him. I am battling bc for almost three and a half years. But the most important thing is he is okay. I will keep all posted. I know I am blessed for God has blessed me to see and be here for many great things.

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

I'm SO sorry sweetie.......that is just so sad!!!  I hope and pray it is nothing to worry about. Bless your heart......

It seems you have a lot going on right now.......I will pray for you.......that God's will be done in your life and the life of your son!!!

BIG hugssss

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, We come before you with alot of heavy loads, Bless al the people that are in need of load to be lighten You know every tear and every burden on-line here. Please help them to feel your spirit and be lighten. Bless the people that they may fine a rainbow soon. Help the people going threw tests or chemo, To know you are holding their hand. We love You Lord and thank You for your blessing. AMEN

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited November 2008
    Options

Hi All -

I pray that God will give you the grace and dignity you need to face the struggles you are battling.  God loves you and so do I.

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

And so do I, to you Jane. Thanks for letting us know. Please remember you are a child of the King. Thanks for reminding me too. Its a long week for me too. Take care, Hugs to all. And like Jane said "God loves you and so do I" Hugs,again, Debbie

• Granny71
    Granny71 Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2008
    Options

Good morning ladies: I'm new to the bc experience (dx Sept.2008). This morning I was led, definitely by the Holy Spirit, to log on to this new thread. Was trying to settle my heart to receive test results tomorrow from biopsies done with lumpectomy last Friday. My biggest battle is not with my body, but with my heart and mind due to a long depression history.  It keeps me in a constant war between strong faith and strong fear.  With the power flowing through this thread backed up by spiritual warfare through constant, "effectual fervent prayers," fear just got knocked out of the box -- and sent back to "the pit," from which it comes!!! I read through ALL the posts at one sitting, and printed out special messages God sent to conquer my fears, using "Minister" Genia and the rest of you powerful, beautiful sisters as messengers. There's much to share from my testimony of God's protection during very high-risk surgery (blood pressure), but right now I'm overwhelmed and mellowed out by the power in this sanctuary-thread-place of peace and assurance of God's love reaching out through us. I also need time out for tears -- dealing with some powerful emotions/flashbacks re the risks, the way God supervised surgery and took charge of serious recovery room drama.. "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it," no matter what surprises, challenges or pain the day brings. God knew about this day before we were born and set comfort and support in place so that we would be victorious in our struggles. Love to all, and special HUGS to Joshua's mom. He'll be fine, and so will you. Underneath are God's "everlasting arms," and all around you are our arms embracing you with love. Lord, I thank you for the comfort You give us as promised in your Word, and for this very special place where we can share Your comfort with others on this often painful, puzzling and exhausting journey ... Love, Granny

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Welcome Granny.......and God bless and keep you under his wing!!!  May his will be done in your life.......and may he protect you and give you a peace that passes all understanding!!!!

hugssssss and love in Christ