Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2008
    Options

And dear Lord bless Debbie.......who has been there for all of us!!!

Amen...... :)

• susiered
    susiered Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2008
    Options

I am so sorry to hear about Lisa. I will be praying for her that God will lay his healing hand on her. I feel so for her..I know it is all of our worst fear. I wanted to ask you all to be in prayer for me. I go Thursday the 13th for a double mastectomy. I am so scared. I know God will take care of me, but I am only human.....I have fears. Please pray that all goes well and for God to guide my dr.s to make all the right decisions.

Thank you so much ladies.

Susan

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

I will pray for you Susan.....hugs to you sweetie!!!

Genia

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, We come together with thankfulness for this day, Bless all are friends and Drs that they might help us to stay strong, To comfort us like you do in this  strom. We are grateful for all of are friends here online that understand. Lord you know the ones that need alittle extra love from you at this time. Please help us all to remember you are always right there threw it all.  AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

I Love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress

and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is

my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalms 18 1-2

• susiered
    edited November 2008
    Options

Thank you Genia and footprintsangel!!

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Genia and others, God loves you and so do I!Smile
  • pinkpig
    pinkpig Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2008
    Options

God is so good, reading through this thread I am reminded of that fact.  Life gets really hard, but God always remains good.  He doesn't change just because we are faced with all the crap bc brings to our lives.  I always imagine Jesus walking with me or sitting with me and holding my hand.  Lord I pray for Susan as she is going into surgery on Thursday.  I call out the spirit of fear she is feeling, I know that does not come from you.  I pray she will feel your presence as she is being wheeled into the operating room and the moment she wakes up from surgery.   I pray her drs. will have your guidence and wisdom during her operation.  I pray they will take exactly what they need to and not one cell more.  I pray that they will not leave anything that will come back in the future.  I pray for a quick recovery.  On a side note Susan - ask your surgeon for a pain buster.  It is a small tube with drip holes that dispenses a local anithesia(sorry about the spelling, it's late and I do have chemo brain) right to your incision.  I had one for my second mastectomy this summer and it was fantastic.  I didn't need as many drugs and I healed much faster.  I always imagine Jesus holding my hand when I'm going into surgery or getting an MRI, it really calms me down.

Gay

• susiered
    edited November 2008
    Options

(((Gay)))  What sweet words...thank you!! Thanks also for the tip on the pain buster...I have never heard of it but will ask my Dr. I am definatly taking my savior into the operating room with me!!

Love to you all!

Susan 

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

There is alot of Gods love on this Line...... You can feel the caring people God has sent us.

Lord, We are very grateful for all the love you are showing us, Even threw our trials there is so much love.  Bless all my friends at this time and my very special Sis in Christ Genia. Help all of them to know how much you love them, And that If any two or more of you shall gather in his name...................We know that there are. Thank you Lord for helping us to see the light even in a storm, Amen 

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Beautiful prayer Debbie........thank you!!!

hugssssssss and hope you ALL have a beautiful, healthy, day today!

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Be not afraid for the Savior is near,

To lift up your hearts and dry your tears.

Dear Lord; You know all of our friend with tears and fear.

Bless them with faith to know you are  always near, Amen

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Genia, How are you doing, Please take care and know the Lord is right beside you, And will carry you.

Lord, Bless our friend Genia and all the others in need of your comfort and love. You are a very special Father that knows each tear we cry.  Help everyone to know that you will never leave us or forsake us.Thank you for all the love and caring people. AMEN

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2008
    Options

Oh my goodness! There are some powerful prayers going up from this thread. Please include me too :) I was diagnosed a year ago tomorrow, and God has walked EVERY single step with me. I've been able to meet new people and tell them about Jesus. He's never failed me!!! Love and prayers to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

I'm doin ok Debbie......bounced back a little faster after my chemo last week.  Thank God....

Thank you.....hugs sweetie!

Welcome LC.......yes this thread has somehow become a very spiritual place to be!!!  God has been so good to us.......and I thank him so much for his goodness and mercy!

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, You know all the wonderful people on this line.  Bless them at this time, That they can feel your comfort threw their fight. Lord please bless Genia our Special Sister as she goes threw chemo, Let her feel your comfort. Bless anyone else that is in of your strength or is in pain, Lord help them.  Lord you know every time we are in need, And you are always there to help us stand. We love you Lord, AMEN 

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Thank you Debbie......have I told you lately how wonderfully sweet you are.......and how much I love having you here???

Hugssss

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Not only does God's heart extend toward you when you feel alone in pain, His healing hand extends to you as well.

Thank you for your support, God had you open this line to share His love and remind everyone we are not alone! God bless you, Debbie

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

This morning I woke up about 5am and the birds were singing so loudly and they sounded wonderful. As I listened, I kept thinking about little blessings I learned as a child, which goes like this: Thank you for the food we eat; Thank you for the friends we meet; Thank you for the birds that sing; Thank you God for everything. AMEN  From the book  FINDING THE CAN IN CANCER

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord,  We come before you and remember we knew You cared for us when we were little and life was easier, But as we are learning we have You that you are always there and know every tear. Please remind us that we are still your childern, Bless LC, Genia, Susan and Gay, Help them as they are climbing their own mountains.  AMEN 

• pinkpig
    pinkpig Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2008
    Options

Debbie, thanks for the prayer, I'm having a long, mountain climbing type of day today.  Little depressed, treating it with a huge box of junior mints. 

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Friend, Please don't forget to share some with the Lord, He loves You! Debbie

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2008
    Options

This is the day the Lord has made! I will REJOICE and be glad in it!!! I pray that God blesses each and every one of you today and that you can feel His presence and His peace!! I pray that He calms all our fears, heals us from depression and oppression, and gives us strength for our bodies! God bless you all and hope everyone has a great week!!!

• Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Wow......I SOOO needed this thread today.  I have been wallowing in self pity all morning.......

Thank you....all of you......hugsssssss and God bless you and keep you under his wing!!!

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Genia and Friends, We have a very special God that is there all the time. I just spoke to a friend that finds out about her breast cancer tomorrow. So please pray for her, I thought of all the things I should be grateful for, Because I have had a long week too. But when I heard for my friend. I said THANKYOU LORD!   I am very blessed. ...................Oh Lord  Help us to see the goodness of each person here and how lucky we are for each day we have. Bless all those that need Your help at this time or need to be reminded they are loved. Lord help us to nurture the faith we have,  allowing us to get strength and help as we rejoice in the good thing of You Lord. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, Thank You for every opportunity we have to let a light shine through to help others on their pathway. Whatever the test,We can rest in the knowledge that You are always there and You will alway take care of us and those we love. Thank you for guiding and loving us. AMEN

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited November 2008
    Options

The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong and I love her.  Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most and let her know when she walks with you; she will always be safe. 
  • footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Jane, Thank you for helping us remember we are always being blessed by other, Genia helps me to remember to keep fighting, I went to breathing class, I am so blessed even if it does not feel like it sometimes.

Lord, Thankyou for reminding us how important we are to each other. Bless all the wonderful people here, And those that need your extra love. Help Genia and everyone going threw chemo, Help them to hold on to you for strength. We love you Lord and thankyou again for each other. AMEN

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, We come to you at the end of another beautiful day, With thankfulness for all the blessing. We are so thankful for each other and the strength we share, Lord, Bless Genia at this time, She is are rock that keeps us smiling. Give her and others that are going threw chemo Your comfort to help them to finish their treatments. Lord I found out today another person was told she has stage 3 cancer and is scared into tear. Help her Lord to know you will be there for her. Give everyone peace and Your loving arms that are reaching out to us. AMEN 

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited November 2008
    Options

Dear Heavenly Father, I know I am trying very hard to walk by faith. I am standing on your word by your stripes we were healed. I ask you to bless each of us in our battles. I know you allow this for a reason to bring you glory. There is so many here who battle bc and many with mets like me and I know you are still doing miracles. Lord I know you tell me not to worry and I do try to not but I struggle with that. Lord you know I am greatly troubled about the test my son is having and possible surgery he may face. Lord my heart is heavy and yes worries for him. He is my youngest son who is in the  military many miles from home. You are across the ocean and the miles with him. Lord I ask for his healing . I love him so and I am constantly praying for him .I ask you Lord to let me know he will be alright. You are my Jehovah Jirah My Provider. Praise you and thank you for the good report to come I claim it for him.AMEN