Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited May 2010
    Options

Genia- glad you are feeling better. I know that it is sad to not be together but you have some gret memories of a super trip!!! I am jealous LOL

onco visit went well- go back in 6 ms- next stop is annual gyno visit and trip to the surgeon to get de-ported

also picked up my protheses today. Lawd they are heavy and hot! it was 93 here today and my shoulders are going to have to adjust to having weight again..Jane- what did you use in your swimsuit i dont want to spend  mint no more than i swim but i need to find a suit and somrthing for the beach...

FRIDAY is almost here!!!! Have a great weekend.

Chris- I am sending good fingernail vibes your way..so sorry you are having trouble.

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited May 2010
    Options

Glad you are getting de-ported Lisa......I know you are too.

On the swim suit thing.  LOL....I didn't buy a mastectomy swim suit.  Didn't think I would need one and just stuck my prosthesis down inside my swim suit.  It kept wanting to float out of there and I kept having to push it back down.  It was funny and we all joked about it.  If you don't wanna buy one made for a prosthesis....I would recommend you sew some type of lining to hold them inside the suit.

Love ya Lisa

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited May 2010
    Options

Gena - we will just have to get you used to flying. Wink A cruise from the west coast would be in order. :)   I am so happy your bones are feeling better too. yay! yay! yay! I hope you can exercise in a pool this summer because it is much easier on the joints.

I need to work on winning the lottery so I can take all of you girls on a cruise together.

Lisa - good news on the onco visit. I see my gyno and have my mammos in June. Fun, Fun , Fun.Undecided

Hope everyone has a relaxing Memorial weekend.

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2010
    Options

Genia, I am so glad to hear your achy bones resolved?? How did that happen? You think just stopping the AI? (So it was not FiberMyalga or whatever that is?)

Lisa, DE-PORT! I couldn't stand mine. I swore it was worth having mastectomy to get that thing OUT of me. My body apparently does not do well with foreign objects! Ports, implants, tubes - blech!  

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited May 2010
    Options

Since I had the bilat mast, I don't wear anything in my swim suit.  I have a suit that is tight to the chest and it's not noticeable

Genia - I'm glad the Excedrin is working!  You sound a lot better.  I'm taking the tamox 1/2 in AM and 1/2 in PM and I seem to be able to tolerate it.

We're all coming up on our 2 year anniversaries - a milestone for sure!

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

jane- i wish i could wear a suit with nothing but my shape and plus size won't allow it. I have tried on my old suits..i don't want to spend much on a suit but would like to swim at the beach so i have a dilema.

I shouldn't have waited two yrs to get ffobie cuz there's NO WAY i'm wearing those heavy things often. They make my back and shoulders hurt and i feel like a freak wearing them. I ordered the light weights..i'd hate to see how heavy the heavy ones would be. we even went smaller than i was before...so the ins. co paid a lot of money for something that won't see much use..

2 yrs!!! YEAH!!! Hopefully all will go well at the other visits next week.

Love you all

BG/Lisa

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all well and pain free, it sounds like the girls getting together on the crusie has done everyone a world of good.

I have been really busy spreading the word of my new English Speaking Cancer Support Group, going round putting posters up in different places and visiting clinics and other places. 

We are getting the key to our house on Monday, so have been busy dealing with paperwork and things we need.  We are having some decorating done, so can't move in until mid July, but at least we will make some progress as of Monday.  Living in temporary accommodation for 4 months is not my favourtie hobby, but it hasn't been too bad.

I am really looking forward to going over to Singapore at the end of July to visit my dear chemo girls over there. The girls are taking me to a little indonesian island and hour from Singapore for the weekend.  There are 8 of us sharing a suite in the Holland Inn, so it should be really good fun.

Genia, did you go to the Drs when you had the bleeding?

Take Care Girls, Singapore Chris x

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2010
    Options

Lisa,

Believe it or not, Walmart has a waterfilled insert that works well, and very inexpensive.  Several women have recommended them on the boards.  You may want to give it a try.  I bought one (pair) to use while I was lopsided waiting for all the fills.

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

I saw this link on another thread and thought anyone with pain from AI's would be interested...

Genetic Differences Influence Joint Pain From Aromatase Inhibitors

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/190555.php

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi all!!

Chris, your trip to the island off Singapore with 7 other girlfriends sounds HEAVENLY! Congrats on getting the key to your new house. You are almost there now!  

Interesting Juli - I wonder if they can do a test to figure out who would get the pain and who wouldn't. That would sure help in prescribing the right meds... 

• SingaporeChris
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Thanks Spring, my Singapore trip will be heavenly, I just have to cope with some serious jet lag.

Can I ask you girls, are you all doing a monthly self examination (if there is anything left to examine of course)  It is something I do the first day of each month, but find it very stressful, know there MIGHT be something lurking.  Are you all doing it?

Juli, thanks for the link, interesting. I have been one of the lucky ones, and only get a slight pain when I get up after sitting for a while.

We have beautiful weather here, I hope it is a lovely day for you all too.

Take Care, Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Chris, I have been reconstructed (fat from other parts of body moved up to breast area) and so only microscopic traces of breast tissue left, if any -- so i am not doing the typical exams. I feel occasionally and there are sometimes lumps and things. I had one prominent lump that I had ultrasounded (after contacting the surgeon in New Orleans) and it was fat necrosis. 

I am sure it is nerve wracking. But I am glad you are doing them Chris!! 

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

colleen- i looked on walmart.com and didn't find anything...are they in the stores??

Chris- hope you are rested and i am glad you had a good time.

Well girls it's the weekend again and i am thankful daughter is off all weekend..we are cleaning and getting ready to begin the new addition...getting (finally) another bathroon soon...AND we count down the days to what will hopefully be a de-portation thursday OR at least scheduling it.

This has been a crazy yr for us..so much has fallen apart and had to be replaced..fridge, stove, major car work..tv...UGH hopefully I can stay in one piece LOL

Happy weekend to all of you.

• SingaporeChris
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

I just wanted to let you all share in my happiness, we bought a house today!  We had a wonderful signing ceremony, well it seemed like it to us. Our solicitor, (attorny's) office is in a windmill, so we sat in this wondeful place and had the whole formal signing done, the estate agents and the solicitor both gave us champagne and wine and we all shock hands and the keys were handed over..  Although we don't move in for a month or so, it is very exciting! the work starts in the house tomorrow. 

Hope you are all feeling good. Lisa, hope all is well after your tx no 2. Spring, of course i know you had recon, I was just taking generally, but good to hear that your odd lump was nothing.

Take care girls, Singapore chris x

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Chris, wow a house closing in a windmill! Only in Holland, I suppose! Sounds so very nice. Congratulations on your new house! Let us know what you are having done to fix it up...

Lisa, Yay on DEPORTING!! Another bathroom will be great. and you will not fall apart! :)

So I have a new irritating symptom. The skin on the side of my rads/lymphedema breast is now burning on and off all day. I wish this skin would just give up the ghost and go numb already and leave me in peace!!! ugh. Some days it's like the gift that keeps on giving!!!

Juli, how goes the stinging? Did that resolve?? 

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Chris - Congrats on the new house! Love the windmill signing party! The closest I get to windmills is when I go to Solvang (A little town north of here that replicates a Danish village).

Beverly - I seem to be sweating now when I have hot flashes instead of stinging. Does that means my sweat glands were damaged from chemo and now they are better?

Lisa - yay for deportation and another bathroom!

I'm taking the train to Cambria on Friday to visit my stepmom. (it's just south of Hearst Castle) I'll take the train back home on Monday. I'm hoping I won't have to work while I'm there, but I am swamped this week.

Gyno tomorrow, mammo next week, onc the week after. Fun, fun, fun :)

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Julie, sweat is better than sting!!! Sounds like you are back to normal! My burning is less today. Someone said maybe it is the nerves regenerating. I guess I should feel glad.... ha!
  • Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Bev - Do you know of anyone else that has had that burning pain? Are you seeing a doc any time soon, so you can ask about it? Being in pain is a pain!

Uneventful trip to the gyno. :)

hugs Kiss

• SingaporeChris
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Lisa, any news of the date of the deporting?

Bev, sorry to hear about the stinging, I am a just over a year out of rads and my breast is still pink, but I have not had any stinging, I did have kind of stinging on the arm where the lymph nodes were taken out for some time after surgery.  I hope it goes away soon, talk to your surgeon and see what they can suggest. It is simply shocking just how long these problems go on. Never mind at least we are alive! :)

Juli, have a goon trip at the weekend and I hope you don't have to work.

I have been to see the progress of the work at our new house.  One room in the roof is plastered, only the rest of the house to go.  The garden was very busy and overgrown with shrubs, ponds and stuff, I am having it all taken out and grass put down with some nice bushes and flowers in the borders. The guys are working really hard and half the garden is gone already, it looks so much bigger now.  I have to find someone to cut granit tomorow as my new cooker won't fit in the space at the moment.

My cough has all but gone, but one of my heels is  really killing me today, I am wearing my orthotics almost all of the time.  I am sitting with my feet up, I think that will help.

It is a good job we have an outlet for our moans and groans.

Take care ladies, Singapore Chris x

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

good evening adies i am back from an ALL day trip tp augusta for drs appts and shopping for stuff for the new bathroom...had a very uneventful visit to the gyno. he is so sweet. then i went to the surgeon. he does his port removals in the day surgery building un a treatment room (more sterile he says) but under local anesthesia. SOOO i go back on Monday morning and by lunchtime i will be de-ported!!!

Chris- YEAH on the house!! Congratulations.

Julie- glad you aren't stinging. Me either..it's just horribly hot and humid here.

I hope that all of you have a great Friday tomorrow and a GREAT weekend.

HUGS to you all!

BG

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Lisa, YAY for DEPORTING!!!!   What a celebration!!! 

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Doing the Deportation Dance for ya, Lisa! woohoo!

hugs Kiss

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

yep! after having this thing for almost two years having it out (and the onco's confidence that it's time to do so) is a good feeling. SOOOO tomorrow at 11:00 we say goodbye to my port!!

I don't know about where ya'll are but the heat index today here is supposed to be 110- the humidity is so bad it just takes your breath away. I am SOOOO thankful for air conditioning!!

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2010
    Options

I'm so glad I went with my PICC line instead of a port.  A good yank, and the thing was out!  It was more hassle than a port, I'm sure, but it worked for me.  It felt more "temporary".  Funny the way things work out. I would never have pushed so much for a port, if my son hadn't already been down this road.

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Lisa, let us know what it feels like to be PORT - LESS!!!

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

it feels WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with a little discomfort) but a relief to have it gone. Got a good lunch at PF Changs for a celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was good but way too hot to be doing much . I asked if i could have it to show to the kids and got a NO on that oh well...looks like a doorbell,,,

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Yay!!! Lisa is PORT LESS!!!!!! woooooooooooo!!!!

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Congrats, Lisa! who would have thought that being deported was such a great thing!!!

I have great news......Today was my first tap class and I danced for 45 minutes, working up a lot of sweat, but NO stinging! Now, I can work on getting my heart back in shape. :)

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Juli, that is GREAT NEWS!! and all that sweating is detoxing, or so they say! Yay!!! This is a good news week!!!

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

And tomorrow is my mammo...let's hope it stays a good news week! :)