Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Chemo in Sept 08

Options

Comments

• SingaporeChris
    SingaporeChris Member Posts: 460
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Lisa, congrats on being deported, I bet you feel wonderful.

Juli, thank god that awful stinging has gone, what a relief, I beathed a great big sigh for you. Good luck witht the mamo.

I had a busy day, the car broke down twice, had a breakin in our new house, some workmans tools were taken, but there wasn't much else there. The school didn't get the message to my son that I couldn't pick him up, but all ended well.  I got to my meeting on time, just left the broken down car where it was, fortunately in the car park, then continued to get my hair highlighted, I thought the best thing i can do in this stressfull time, is to have my head massaged, so I did and dealt with everything else later. All is well now, but my car will be towed to the garage tomorrow, my insurance covers a substitute, so i am very lucky.

Have a good day ladies. Love Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited June 2010
    Options

Wow Chris, what a day!!! Seems like you handled it beautifully though! When car breaks down, get hair highlighted! Girls, write that one down! Wisdom!!

Jules!!! Tell us about the mammo!!!  Good good good good thoughts... 

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited June 2010
    Options

Chris- what an inspiration you are- you handled that stress well..sorry it was a rotten day.

Julie- sending you good thoughts for the mamo

I was in a lot of discomfort yesterday and the port site real red but it is much better today and healing. I think the steri strips are making the redness. I have trouble with tape anyway...BUT i am glad it is gone.

Half of the courthouse flooded last night when we got a 5 inch deluge of rain. They have been re-roofing and the back half is a flat roof. They had a tarp up there but it wasn't good enough. It's one HUGE mess. Our land records go back to 1798 so i am thankful that we were in the old part of the building that stayed dry.

Have a great evening all!

Lisa

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Lisa, I can't do tape either! Surgical glue is fine, Surgical tape makes my skin go BATZ!!

• Juli50
    Juli50 Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2010
    Options

The technician did a few repeat views, including a magnified view, on the BC side. The radiologist decided the thickening he saw was due to radiation. Had me nervous for awhile. All is good. :)

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Yay!!! Good news week!!!

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

juli- so glad that you got good news!!!!

1 steri strip left!!!! It's itchin so it has to be healing. I am hoping all the redness will subside by this next weekend when we go to the beach!!! Ya'll will have to watch my farm and island for me on FB!!! LOL- SOOOO looking forward to a trip outta here!!

Have a great day

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

We are going to my youngest daughter's college orientation - leaving Sunday afternoon and back on Tuesday night. Doesn't hurt that it's in Wilmington (UNCW) at the beach!!! Though, I think we will roast when outside! Hot and humid!  

but agreed, Lisa, good to get away!  

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi girls ,

I miss hanging out here  but  we do communicate and have  fun with  each other on Facebook. 

Please forgive me being late  to the party but I'd love to see  the cruise photographs and live every day again vicariously with you.

Christine, your house closing in  a windmill sounds charming; I'd love to  have seen it. Though you do move often, I like to think I'd love it, and  I wish you  and your family love, joy and prosperity.

Lisa, I'm  doing my happy dance; your port is out.  My lovely decoration will be removed when my Oncologist's  timetable says it's time. 

My port never interferes with my life; I never think about it, yet I never forget it's  there.

Colleen, I hope and pray that  you and your precious  Gidgy   will find peace after the pain of this past few days.

Beverly, I know you'll have  loads of fun at your daughter's orientation and of course journeying to the beach sounds  fantastic.

I didn't have  an allergic response to tape until recently, post Lumpectomy, though I am allergic to latex gloves. After my doctor removed the paper tape post lumpectomy, my skin  started to peel off. I'd been itching under the tape but not enough to make me crazy or fear for my skin's integrity, until the skin peeled back. arrr.  And no Tegaderm anymore  either, though I had used it post c-section 23 years ago. Body response to foreign material or objects  does change  over time, so I guess we should check for allergies--as is suggested--everytime we consume  or use a familiar foreign agent.

Genia, when I read the study that proves some of our Oncological post surgical medications can cause arthritic pain to occur, I thought immediately of you and how smart and brave you were to know  something serious was wrong and keep complaining to your doctors about it.

The squeaky wheel really does get attention,  more than  those  wheels that suffer in silence  hoping that maybe their discomfort or pain... whatever... will stop with no attention at all.

I have NO lymphedema  according to my Oncologist (YAY) just swollen underarms that hurt post lifting groceries, that may be moe weight than I should lift.

I definitely have to  lift less weight  since my lumpectomy and axial lymph node dissection,  a type of dissection which I read online  last week, is being discouraged by the Surgical Oncology community. I signed a  consent  for a Sentinel Node biopsy, instead my surgeon took 19  axillary lymph nodes,  because she was worried about  metastasis. I couldn't complain about her caution on my behalf as I am Triple negative 2A. but I was worried about the  lymphedema which is more apt to occur after a muliple node dissection.

Juli, that thickening has caused me anxiety so I'm glad all is well.

I'll be back soon  because I love you all the mostest,

Mina

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Mina, that was the nicest update! It is hard to look back and think about our all our bodies went through!! I am just so glad to be here now, I am focusing on that! :)

We are in the hotel near the beach for college orientation. My daughter is in one bed playing with her iPod and my husband is already in his underwear watching TV. LOL. Just like at home!!!  It is fun to get a couple days off work and spend time with them.

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited June 2010
    Options

My friend, Joanie, is making her reservation for the BC Thriver's cruise! Only space for 2 more in my room! 325 days!

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Anyone get their tumor markers checked? Mine have always been in the 30's but they were 54 in February. My onc would have said something sooner if she was concerned, right? She did tell me today that she wants me on 20 mg of Tamox instead of 10 mg. :(

hugs Kiss

• Jane_M
    edited June 2010
    Options

I get mine checked every 3 mos.  My last was 13.  Maybe they are different markers.  I think mine's called a CA37 or something like that.

• SingaporeChris
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Juli, my oncol said he pays no attention to tumour markers as they are often incorrect. I am sure your oncol would have said something if there was concern.  It doesn't hurt to ask for details though if you have anything worrying you.

All is well with me, my new house is coming on, my garden looks fantatic with it's new turf.

Take care girls, Singapore Chris x

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2010
    Options

my tumor markers have been checked every three ms too. my onco relies on tumor markers and scans only if markers rise and symptoms present....???? Who knows what's right...I am sure they would have called you sooner if they were concerned. I don't know what my numbers are just that he says they are fine.

I HAVE to get in gear and try to think about packing...it's ugly to say but i do kinda wish the vacation was without grandkids...BUT we will persevere and with the whole clan there at least we will have help...

HUGS to all

Lisa

• Jane_M
    edited June 2010
    Options

Juli - Did Gary's sister feel the earthquake yesterday? 

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

I think my onc does not seem to check them any more??  Mine were like 13 when I had a huge tumor in me. I don't get this.

Jules, why don't you call and find out? Many of us are on 20mg Tamoxifen - it's standard, so that is not any sign or anything. Maybe it will be fine now? 

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Jane - yes, Garry's sister felt the earthquake. What's up with that? I thought I would be safe from earthquakes when I was in Canada. LOL

Chris - So glad your house is coming along. Hope we get to see pics when it's done.

Lisa - Hope you get to relax a little on your vacation.

hugs Kiss

• BrandonMom
    BrandonMom Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2010
    Options

My tumor markers were the same as Spring - low even though I had a big tumor, so I wouldn't put much thought into them. I'm sure your onc would have said something if he was concerned.

• SingaporeChris
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

I have been getting stressed over my dutch taxes, it's a nightmare, the help line refuses to speak in English, yet they are charging me tax and fineing me for not paying it when i haven't earnt anything.

One that note, I have just landed 6 new clients, I volunteered to do some pro bono work and walked out with new paying client :)

DH and I are off to Berlin for a few days on Wednesday, so we will have a chance to forget about all the house stuff and relax. My youngest in on a school sailing trip in England, so it is a good opportunity for us to get away.

Take care ladies, Singapore Chris x

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Oh Chris, how GROSS! Taxes are bad enough in English! I can't imagine them in Dutch! I think you may need a translator?? Good for your new business! Go girl! 

• Juli50
    edited June 2010
    Options

Wow, Chris! How frustrating! The translator sounds like a good idea. Hope you have a relaxing vacation. What a world traveler you are!

My baby, who just turned 17 yrs, is joining the Marine Corp when he finishes high school next year. Blows me away!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited June 2010
    Options

Wow Jules! You'll be the mother of a Marine. Holy cow.

• bar62
    bar62 Member Posts: 221
    edited July 2010
    Options

Chris, I am overjoyed for you and all that is happening for you.   Well, maybe not the cwazy tax situation...I remember those days except I had no translation problems.

My Oncologist did mention my score--it was OK-- a year or so ago but  no more. However, she was not happy with my Vitamin "D" level and ordered high strength  capsules to remedy the situation. And so it goes::)

A Marine son for you Jules; how proud you must be.

Going out for a while and sending love to all my sisters:)

God's Blessings to   all of you  and your families.

Happy July 4th 2010!

Mina

• Springtime
    edited July 2010
    Options

Mina, I take Vit D too !!! Very important! 

• SingaporeChris
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hi Girls,

Had a great time in Berlin with DH, nice and relaxing.

Spring hope you enjoyed your daughters trip.

Julies, a marine, wow, send us a photo by email. I assume he has to get through basic training first. I come from a miliary family, grand father in Navy, grand mother in airforce, mother in ariforce, father in army, brother in navy and other brother in army. I broke the mould!

Happy days girls. Singapore Chris xx

• SingaporeChris
    edited July 2010
    Options

Happy 4th July ladies!!

Singapore Chris xxx

• Juli50
    edited July 2010
    Options

Chris - It will be awhile before I can get a pic of my marine-to-be son. He still has 1 more year of high school.

My 2nd son is getting married in 12 days...7/17. Can't believe it's almost here! And he won't be living with me after that. :(  At least he will only be 6 minutes away! LOL

Hope y'all had a good 4th!

hugs Kiss

• Springtime
    edited July 2010
    Options

Happy 4th all! Its been a great weekend. I found new dresses at SteinMart! 9-West, were 134.00 and I got them for 32.90!!! I love sales! ha! Worked in garden and in gym, then shopped like crazy! 

Hope you are all well.... 

• Juli50
    edited July 2010
    Options

Beverly - I love bargain shopping too! Great job!

My bff in Montana asked me to be her adopted son's godmother. I am so honored. Not even sure if the Baptism is here in CA or in MT, or when it is, but I'm sure I will find out soon.

One more day till my diagnosis anniv. I see Bev's is just 3 days after mine... a life changing day.

hugs Kiss