Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stop Smoking Support Thread

Options

Comments

• Janzin
    Janzin Member Posts: 491
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Fifish, that's is phunny! Can't believe your jury duty is taking up all your company time. Well nothing like doing your civil duty, never know if you might need it one day. Maybe you will have an interesting case. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back. If you don't have time to post, try stopping by to read.

Candie don't be so hard on yourself. This is tough to do when life is great much less the stress of BC. You will get there and you are doing great! I will enjoy watching all the success stories here!!!And you will be one of them! It takes a lot of courage to say goodblye to our little friends at this time of need. Pat yourself on the back for that one and the ones you didn't smoke!

Let's work it!
  • mbscruggs
    mbscruggs Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hi Ladies.

Just wanted to thank each of you for sharing your experiences.  Off topic- I tried to post yesterday and got a big red X and a message saying I could only post 5 times in a 24 hour period....what is up with that?

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    MB, never posted over 5 so I am not sure. You can contact the moderator or something to find out what's up.

Well I had another split sleep, this is happening over 4 nights a week now. Jancie you are right about the antidepressants, it has helped me get back to work but nothing for my stress. I am behind because of the surgeries and depression but at least I am back to putting in 10-12 hour days now. Going to push for valiums!!!! Last night was a bad one and feeling really stressed so my smoking is up. The next 4 months will be crazy for me! Hopefully I will post in the next 4 months as a nonsmoker. I don't care if it takes a year, I will get there!!!!!

Have a great Friday!!!
  • webwriter
    webwriter Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hey mbscrugsgs! Just wanted to let you know that it's a security thing. It will go away before you know it! When you run out of messages for the day, you might try using private messages instead until it gets cleared.

• mom2two
    mom2two Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2009
    Options

Just had to pop in and say how proud I am of all of you for a least trying to stop smoking. I'm a Respiratory Therapist and see all too often the devastating effects smoking has on the body. Trust me when I say you will want to draw in that big wonderful breath of fresh air just as much tomorrow as you do today.

I do see people quit but too often its after they have developed lung disease. I often hear "I wish I had quit sooner" as they literally gasp for each breath. My heart is broken because I can only help them manage their disease, there is no going back for them. 

So know that I am cheering you on. Go ahead and put me out of a job. I will be the first one delighted to stand in the unemployment line because no one is smoking anymore.

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Put in a good work day!! So much stress that I smoked a lot today, bummer! So I thought I get goofy again and blow off some of that stress.

We use to do these pictures that we called the dead pictures, I have quite a few but not sure where I put them. Don't know why but they are silly and make me laugh. Have my ex and his father and myslelf in these shots, cracked up when his dad joined in and he doesn't even speak english.

dead Pic Mauricio

Dead Pic Elton

Dead pic Janet

Well they may not make you laugh since you don't know who they are, it is funnier when you see people you know trying to get creative with their dead shots. Maybe I am warped! But hopefully it will put a grin on your face.

Mom2two, thanks for that post as I need all the incentives I can get since I am coming up on another quit day. Good to have your support.

Have a great night,
    Janet
  • NervousKnitter
    NervousKnitter Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2009
    Options

Good evening to each and every one of you "going to kick smoking butt" friends! I haven't had a chance to post as my 80 yr old father fell and broke his hip in two places and shattered his formerly-known as a "funny bone". He was in the hospital a few days and has been in a rehab facility since, and he's had me running at full pace. 

Drum roll--I haven't had a smoke in over 5 weeks!  I have eaten approximately 10 million pounds of grapes and 20 cases of 10 oz. bags of Pirate's Booty with Aged White Cheddar. I have only gained 2 pounds!!  Gals, what is keeping me going is the difference in breathing. I didn't think it would be as much of a difference as it is. I don't cough at all when I get up in the morning, can do an entire spin class like the rest of the skinny spring chickens (I'm not skinny and I'm way over being a spring chicken. More like late winter, I think) and I don't huff and puff. It's so cool. Don't get me wrong--I still think of my butts often and I still reach for them on occasion. They were my friend, my companion.

My old brain can't remember each of you without going through all your posts. I'm just so proud of all of you for even thinking about not having a smoke; for smoking less, or even thinking about quitting. Your day will come when you are ready.

It's so nice to read your posts and see what a committed group we all are. Committed to quitting and committed to supporting each other through the cra**y BC journey (cig in hand or pack in purse). Only gals who have gone through this can fully understand it.  So I send positive vibes to each of you along with a reminder that a 10oz bag of Boooty is much cheaper than a pack of cigs!!

Good weekend to all

Jill

• SeaSandy
    SeaSandy Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Options

This was such a helpful post. It is just what I needed to help me quit smoking. (21/2 packs a day)  I just hit my 24 hours since having a cigarette.  24 hours!  I'm proud of all of us.  Thanks for all of the good info.  Right now I want a cigarette, but I'm not going to give in.  I am using the patch, I was scared to go cold turkey.  I also joined a gym today, I never saw the inside of a gym, I got on the treadmill and started walking. Thought I was doing great, thought I was on it a lot longer than 7 minutes. LOL!! I had to get off, the girl next to me looked at me a little funny, I just smiled at her and said "Honey I smoked 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro Reds yesterday, and today I feel great".   Good luck to all of us.

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    NERVOUSKNITTER!!!!! So happy to hear from you. Your are such a good person running around taking care of your dad. Good to know that your still here. Congrats on your 5 weeks. You are our shinning beacon that we can do it. I am happy that you can breathe. I do notice a difference between 1/2 a pack and 4 cigs a day. Can't wait to quit as I have more 14ners to hike here in Denver and they start off around 7,000 -10,000 elevation and up to or over 14,000. It's a wonderful feat for a ex smoker, couldn't do it if I was smoking.

Welcome SeaSandy! Wow, you smoke as much as I use to so I do understand your cardio. Congrats on your 24 hours, that is huge too. To quit during the stress of BC is huge. We are here for you and post as much as you need, even to say I am going crazy with a urge but not going to give into it!! Or even post situations that makes you want to light up, nothing like catharsis to help quit smoking.

Well I thought I start posting incentives again, maybe one a day. I really want to quit soon but have a huge load of stress on me so maybe thinking about my incentives will help.

I can't wait till I quit and I no longer think about it. To run around all day without thinking about my next fix was one of the freedom from quit smoking I had enjoyed when I quit 1st time. To be able to go anywhere without those triggers nagging at you. I don't have to sit on my computer and feel myself wanting a break for a cig, I will get more work done. No rushing out of the airports to light up, standing out in the rain freezing my butt off at the bars or home, trying to find a place to light up without getting dirty looks from non smokers. Going home to my family and seeing the looks on my niece and nephews as I try to sneak one in without them seeing me. Or running errands with non smokers hoping they parked at the far end so you have more time to smoke as you walk to the store. Dinning out and leaving to go smoke after dinner. To be able to go through stress without the need of my little friends!!!! I want freedom.

Good luck to you ladies, looking forward to all you posting your 1 year freedom from cigs!
  • flfish
    flfish Member Posts: 309
    edited March 2009
    Options

Nervousknitter....that is awesome!  Five weeks is a great accomplishment!!!  I made 5 weeks once, and I hope to do it again. 

SeaSandy...welcome.  I am sure you will find a lot of help on this post.  I am glad you found us all, and good luck to you with quitting smoking and joining the gym.

Well, I am off for the weekend and back to jury duty....=).........I have smoked too much this weekend so far, but I am looking forward to quitting.  I did go out and buy generic smokes that I don't like much, so maybe that will curb my appetite.  Rum drinks on call for tomorrow though.

Good luck to all getting their chemo this week.  You are in my prayers!

Ellie

• nobleanna007
    nobleanna007 Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hi all!!

I have been a bad girl!!! I have not taken the Chantrix and have been smoking like a normal person. What is wrong with me!! How many excuses do I need to come up with!!! God I frustrate myself!! I am a sick dependent person on these darn awful things!! I read about you all that have not smoked for years and then restarted. I can only say that I have quit for 7 weeks since I was 15yrs of age. When will it stop!!!!! You guys are so great!! And I am proud of anyone who has either way cut down or has quit!! And I just need to get with the program!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!

HUGS!!!!

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Fifish, good to hear from you! Hopefully your not going to nuts, lol.

Nobleanna, nice to hear from you too! I forget to take my chantix sometime, hard fro me to remember pills. I am just going to feel stupid if I ask for another round after 3 months and still haven't quit yet. I remember going to Nicotine Anonymous and they do say it's hard to stay quit, one of the reasons why people even years of quitting would still go. They told me that watching and helping those who struggle in the beginning helps them not to smoke again. The beginning does suck!! I have been smoking again for over a year and a half and I can't believe how addicted I am again, wish I never started again.

Jancie, SeaSandy, Candie, REKoz, Webbie, Babyc and Malleme, I hope you all are doing well. Drop in a line and let us know that your okay.

Well, time to talk myself out of smoking. Health! I had almost a non smoker lung after 8 years from not smoking. Right now I can feel it in my lungs again.To be able to hike, swim and dance or do just about anything when you are traveling is something I want again. Funny, I never thought my cigs would hurt me, I deluded myself so I can continue to smoke. But here I am with BC though my sister who is a Dr blames it on my ex and the stress he put me through, but who knows. And my mom has lung cancer, my dad has bad arteries which is really bad because of smoking, he already had a fake artery put in. And I know that if I don't quit, I will wind of like them or even worse. I want to live and I want to live well!

Well back to work. Sending out good energy to all of you ladies!
  • REKoz
    REKoz Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hey Janzin-

I so get what you are thinking after having stopped for so long. I didn't have that much time but a couple of years and a life where I was actually having days on end without even thinking of it. For me, it's that insanity that I went through in the beginning that makes it scarier to begin anew. You would think I would know I could do it because I've done it before. That beginning is such torture that I just want to run away from. Of course, logically, further cancer would be torture and one we can now identify with. ARGGGHHH!!

Well, I am bringing my homeopathic "decraving meds to the Onc. on Friday to make sure I can take them. If he gives me the green light, I'm making a definitive date.  Until then, I'm just going to continue staying as low as I can. At least I'm nowhere near where I was before this all started.

Nervous Knitter- Congratulations on 5 weeks!  You've made it through the worse now girl! So awesome. Thrilled for you.

Hope everyone is doing well! Blessings to ALL!

Ellen

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello Ladies! Miss a lot of you, hope you all are doing well.

REKoz, I miss my cigs even after 8 years. I didn't think about it but I did miss it. I do know that the longer I wait to quit, the more I am going to get addicted to it and the harder it is going to be to let it go again. I like smoking so much that when I do quit and I find out that I have a year to live, I will go out and buy a carton. But I am thinking that is way in the future. Cigs will probably be $30 a pack, lol. Good luck with your green light, sending you positive thoughts.

I am starting to feel that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach with work stress. Got so much work to do and I am back to back with tournaments that I will have to start working on the next tournament before this one is over. After that I get a little break. But I am still going to try another quit day when I go under with my new boobs. Funny, I love the smell of cigs on me as a smoker. As a non smoker it is the nastiest smell I could think of on a person. So when I quit, I will have more dance partners with my salsa since I won't be reeking of cigs. My car is going to be nasty!!! I am going to detail it and febreze the crap out of it. It will be nice to smell clean again, actually smell shampoo in my hair instead of like a dirty ash tray.

Have a great Monday and smoke free or cut down day!
  • mbscruggs
    edited March 2009
    Options

I am a mess....have had 15 cigs today (which seems to be my norm now-down from 30, tho).  Had my TE put in a week ago today.  Will meet with PS Thursday.  Things seem to be healing, but I have a bandage over, so can't tell.  I can only feel twinges, pressure, back ache, but am pretty much numb from my mast 3 months ago, today actually. I have read so many horror stories about infection.  I am afraid to stop taking motrin, becasue I don't want to hurt, but am thinking maybe I should, to see if I am getting a fever or anything.  I wish I wasn't so stupid about all of this.  Plus, I cannot turn on our stupid TV- dh got a new system and I cannot work it.  I bought a dust buster today, used it for 10 minutes and it cut off---overheated because it sucked up so much dirty shit from this house I can't clean properly....aarrggg....Please help me to re-focus...I have sooo much to be grateful for, but I am beating myself up about these cigarettes and feel so guilty about it.  So tired of worrying about this.

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi MB, sorry I forgot to add your name to the post I did a while back. Don't stress on infections too much, it is normal to feel all kinds of pain, numbness, and twinges. I even felt the right side of my tongue go a little numb. If you have the drainage bags, I heard that they are the worse for infections since it is an open wound. Once they are out your chances have increased for not getting infection. Don't worry about your ciggarates, you have enough on your plate right now. It will come to you when the timing is right so for right now, seek comfort where you can and try to take a vacation from your stress daily. I undertand the house thing, the worse was not being able to wash my sheets, lol.

Keep on posting, we are here for you!!
  • jancie
    jancie Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2009
    Options

I am alive!  Five days of nausea hell from Chemo last week so I only posted in the chemo thread.

Did really good weekend before last  - didn't smoke - did really good ALL week long until Friday when I had my head shaved bald.  I had two smokes on Friday and one on Saturday.  No smokes on Sunday but then had 2 today. What is up with this?  I know the steroids are screwing with me and I lack will power when I am on the steroids.  So the weekends that I don't have steroids in my system I am doing great.  Go to chemo on  Wed and by Friday I am smoking again.

I am not giving up but I am frustrated with myself!  So happy for those that are making great strides in this most difficult time.  You would figure we would pick a less stressful time to quit smoking  but no...............we are trying to do so while going through BC treatments.

• mbscruggs
    edited March 2009
    Options

Janzin- You are such a good, calming voice to me.  Thank you so much for all that you bring to this site.  I hope your day went well.

• malleme
    malleme Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hello,

I have had a bad 2 weeks, just got the port put in today and Chemo/herceptin starts tomorrow at 8am.  I have been reading everything but, just didn't feel good.

msscruggs- I had the TE put in with bi lat mast on 1/26, drains were taken out week later, then fills started at week 4.(painful)  I kept asking about infections and smoking questions to Dr and nurse.  I was totally uncomfortable before they started filling the TE's, but tried not taking any percocet etc and avoided taking valium or Xanax at first.  The wonderful woman on this site remained me that they are not giving out any prizes for pain and martyrs.  I went back and told the Drs. and nurses at every appointment if I ached or pained at all.  They too said being pain feel and calm were really the best way to heal and deal. Yes, I too felt that perhaps I had smoked to many cigs on certain days and disappointment myself, Don't beat yourself up, things they told me to look for are gray skin at surgery site/area.  That means not enough oxygen in the blood and healing is being affected due to smoking.  I wish you the best but with this kind of stress we are only human, ask for the valium or somethin calming..  Are you taking Chantix?

Jancie- I start chemo tomorrow, - I am thinking you did great, stop beating yourself up.  I am going to start praying right now for your strength once I have to shave my head and only have 2 cigs.I'll be thrilled.   I am serious, you are really doing terrific. 

Hugs,

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Malleme, good to hear from you!!!! I was wondering where you have been. I hope you will be okay with your chemo, let us know if your okay from time to time. 2 cigs are awesome, you are doing way better than me.

MD, glad to be of help. Just like Malleme has stated, take care of yourself emotionaly and pain wise. This time will be brief in our life even though it seems like forever, so why suffer any harder than need be. I am on antidepressants something I told myself I would never take, and now I am going to ask for valiums because of my 4-5 nights a week of split sleep. But I do like valiums, lol. No one realizes how hard this whole thing is so be good to yourself and try to past the time as best as you can because it is a long progress.

Have a great night!
  • Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Jancie, good to hear from you. I missed your post, had a couple of drinks after working 9 days in a row. Don't beat yourself up too much, with all the BC treatments and plus life doesn't stop, it's  great what progress we make at this time. I know we will all get there because we haven't lost hope and we keep trying and when life gives us a break, we will push forward. Hope your chemo goes better!

Janet
  • Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey Ladies, it is cold and windy in my smoking room. My hair is whipping around my face while my cigs burn a new shag haircut. That's a turn off!!! Another incentive to quit and there is sooooo many. Here's another one. When I first quit years ago I went to the dentist and said I don't know if I should save for braces or new teeth since my mom and dad have lost theirs. He told me that since I quit smoking, I should be able to keep my teeth. My mom told that food doesn't taste as good with her false teeth in and I love food. So when I quit, I am saving up for braces and I am bleaching my yellow teeth!

Just reaching out to let you know I am think about all of you. Hope your day is going well!
  • malleme
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hello to everyone,

My first chemo today- The deadron kept me awake all night, I forgot to ask if I could take the Chantix with the deaddron so I didn't.  I was more afraid of getting bad dreams and remembered that one posted about playing dead in the pictures started laughing my butt off  and the other pictures of beautiful horses.  Than I remember the email someone just send me, I wish i could put it on this site.  I'm not religious for the past 20 yrs but raised strict Catholic and an raising my son Catholic. The picture I recieved was 3 birds in a setting sunset, with snow, bare trees and beautiful sky- the flying formation of the birds forned  eyes and the  mouth .    it read:   

One in a million....A Smile from Heaven.... so maybe I did have a weird dream I got out of bed went to my computer and printed out how to say a rosary and started praying for the strength to stop tormenting myself and my kids about smoking,. I prayed for all of us.   Sent the list of Ten commandmants to all in my house, and the list for going to confession with a priest.  I like the new things not has guilt driven as when we were kids.  Strict but open to slip ups- becasue we are humans. 

St. Peregrine Laziosi is the patron saint of cancer. seems he was a bit of a rebel in his youth went against the Pope.  . One of my Holy Roller sisters- I mean with sincere love, Keeps asking to take me to a shrine of the Peregrine, anyone know about that. I have kept saying oh that ya sure - after reading last night I think I am going to try this peaceful route to get me thru all this stress. No smoking since Deadon....I guess I will be praying a ton tonight too. And my son who's making his confirmation when I will be bald, well he's having a hard time of things,, think's I'm going to die during chemo. ended up he sat in the waiting room most of the day not much say to  just hugs( he's 14 yr and 5"11) I'm 5'1". 

My husband was the funniest, we were late for chemo cause he had issues, like he needed more coffee, had to go the bathroom, didn't read the paper yet. The chemo place is 1 mile from my house.  yet we were late sitting waiting for him to drive us.    we get there and it was a curb side drop off. My sister was already inside ( I knew it would be all about him and his stress too) He gave me a kiss and said ok you do your job and I'll take care of mine.  

Life it's just full of surprises,  I'll be getting sick soon But know I am really trying hard to quit this habit.  If the chemo can get rid of every bad cell I know this is a road I don't ever  want to travel down.  I'm really thankful for all of your honestyl, advice and encouragement.  some have a better situation some more stress. I leave you all for now with this thought and signs I'm printing out for around my home.  Goal: Hope, Laugh, Love, Live, Peace, Passion

PLEASE SEND YOUR GOOD VIBRES AND HAPPY MESSAGES OR HOW CRAPPY YOUR DAY WAS.  .YOU LADIES ARE SO AUTHENTIC, STRONG.  GOD DID SENT AN ANGEL TODAY FOR A HALF HOUR.  This women was counted for dead with metastic metatzied through out her body Her2+ al the worse.  Well she is 8 years recovered and still gets Herceptin every week for 30 minutes for the rest of her life.  She looked amazing, since she had cancer she started her own business and it's doing quite well( never asked what she did)  She said as she left Faith, Hope and Passion, they are your angels. and Pray real hard for doctors all the time I don't care if you don't believe in any god just pray for them. she was too funny. 

Sorry so long,  But remember we haven't lost Hope, we just might need a bit more Faith in ourselves.  Strength would be a big assistance too.  HUgs, Sweet Dreams, Magical thoughts, beautiful pictures popping into your thoughts when something is stressful. 

• mbscruggs
    edited March 2009
    Options

You Ladies are such an inspiration to me and I am so grateful to have your stories keeping me company.  I am having a hard time posting (and did write to moderators), so I cannot always respond to the sugggestions and encouragement I've been given. I also keep losing posts so can't always respond in a timely manner.  Please know that I am keeping  your journeys', trials and celebrations in my thoughts and prayers. 

Mary Beth

• Janzin
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi Malleme, glad you like my dead pictures, they make me laugh. Especially since my father inlaw looks more like he is hugging a rock while sleeping, nice try though and cute. Good luck on your first day of Chemo, hope it won't be too bad for you. I didn't have any bad dreams with Chantix, in fact I didn't really have too many side effects other than an upset stomache once in a blue moon.

MB, sorry you are having a hard time posting. It's good to know that you are reading so I will keep writing to you!

I just had bad news from my Dr's. They wanted to do my surgery on April 7th when I had told then that April was impossible because of work. So I was trying for the middle of March but before April 1st. and now it looks like I may have to wait till the end of April for my new boobs. This kinda pisses me off as I just want to get rid of the expander and not be loopsided anymore, etc. Besides the fact that the expander is uncomfortable and some days if I over do it it hurts. Getting pain meds is a real bitch on top of it. Anyways, cross your fingers and toes that somehow they will be able to get it together in March.

Janet
  • NervousKnitter
    edited March 2009
    Options

Just wanted to post to all of you. You're all in different phases of treatment and I don't care which phase it is, it usually sucks. As someone who went through all of that and smoked the entire way through, PLEASE QUIT BEATING YOURSELF UP. You have so many things to take care of, then you put all the guilt on yourself about smoking. I say STOP THAT!!  Focus on each day, or if you need to, each 15 minutes that you make it through.  If you make it through smoke free, that's terrific. And if you didn't, MOVE ON. It takes lots of trys to quit--someday it will be right for you. For all of you, I wish you all a day free from illness, a day where you don't really mind being bald, a day where you just appreciate the hugs that you get and aren't bothered by the hugs you didn't. A day where you can come here and vent and know you are being supported by people you've never met but you have made a place for them in their hearts. You can do it, gals!

A cyber hug to each and every one of you (or US--the stop smoking fighters!!)

Jill

• REKoz
    REKoz Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2009
    Options

I had some bummer news today ladies. I believe I had written about my expanders and the potential to have more surgery for better placement? I fired my first plastic surgeon because he was a total jerk in general and a real d-head about smoking? That I had a bad post op infection that he blamed on smoking and I blamed on him overfilling? That my expanders for fortunately saved and my new PS did a great scar revision? That he wasn't going to begin filling until after chemo but changed his mind and I began the process? Well, now it's come to a screaming halt! Turns out the left is too highly placed and new PS does not want to stretch my skin that high with zero stretch on the all important expander bottom where most of your boob is. So, now I have to wait until after 3 weeks after Apr. 28th (last chemo) and have a day op for him to lower the pocket on that side. A couple of weeks after that, we'll start filling again. I know it's not the worst thing in the world but I was really hoping to have the exchange before my daughter's wedding at the end of July Frown By the time this is all done, it will be pretty darn close to a year having these turtle shells in. Of course, this is timetable depends on no more setbacks. I cannot be a smoker by the time I go in for this surgeryYell

• misty123
    misty123 Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hi Ladies,

I've been peeping in on you guys for awhile and telling myself that tomorrow I will join the group trying to quit. I actually quit for a few weeks after my dx but (excuse) then my DS took a mark decline in his health (needs Liver transplant) and that was all the reason I needed just 1 a day then 3 then 5 then a whole pack almost. No more excuses for me I am truly going to give my all to stop smoking because I need to, I feel better when I don't smoke and he dosen't need my smoky smell when I care for him. I actually made a promise to stop smoking to get him on the transplant list, cig smoke is not good for a newly transplanted liver they say but besides that I am a hospice nurse and I know what the end stage phase of it can be. I visited my BS today to schedule my L prop mast followed by imm implants and I know smoking will and does delay the healing process so that is another good reason to stop. I just went in the garage to have my very last smoke before writing this and I am hell bent on sticking to it this time. I will chew gum, candy go for walks or just scream at my SO (smile) whatever it takes and stop using excuses to just have one because 1 is never just that it always leads to more for me. Good luck to all on the very hard journey, as if fighting BC isn't enough

• malleme
    edited March 2009
    Options

REkoz,

May not be the worst but certainly a set back

How much more cc'c do they need to fill for your size expander. I found out mine was being filled to 600cc each size  doing 60cc a week. for 10 weeks.  My nices wedding is June 27th,my son's graduation is june 22.  Chemo ends June 23rd. funny thing is I have not idea what a 300cc implant size equates to in cup size.they expand twice the size needed 

I told my ps nurse  on friday, my 1st chemo was today. She said this week no fills see how body responds from chemo I go in Monday. If blood work / no infection ok he can fill at 60/100/120cc to make up for this week. Remember after the fills they say fully expanded they need to remain for a month.  I am so praying that month is may. Yea be careful what you pray for. but seriously.  I have really started praying to calm my brain and anxiety down for smoking. want a cig say ahail mary , sing a song wait five minute.

Ask the Dr for meds to prevent any infection maintnance - perhaps simply because your prone to them.  I am and they do give me antibotic when they put the port in yesterday, today at chemo to?

Did you Plastic surgeon already kinda tell you revisions are usually necessary.  My told me that on lthe 1st visit.  Relax once you healed from chemo maybe they can bump up/double up you cc' and get back on schedule.  STOP beating yourself up, do you best, you sound very determined. I'll pray that you get the strength to move on from smoking. The cigs are not a welcomed guest in you home this year.  Try chantix if possible it's really working for some of us.  do your best but really stop focusing on smoking.  I smoked more, the more I kept saying why am I doing this to myself, it makes no sense I am an intelligent woman. Use music to calm. do the rosary(keep it in you pocket) focus on the positive events you have going on and Do not do  Dirty Jobs,  My plastic surgeron already told me not to  plant those pretty flowers, no dusty places.  I rember not be able to use powder too to prevent particles. 

• NervousKnitter
    edited March 2009
    Options

Welcome aboard, Misty123! You're in the right place! When you feel like having a smoke drop us a line. When you can't stand it, have a cig and feel real guilty, drop us a line. We're a supportive and happy clan here!  Make a list of all the reasons why you should stop smoking; then make a list on why you should smoke. Keep it handy so you can refer to it. Plan for what you'll do when the urge hits--do some situps? jumping jacks? deep breathing? eat? Then drop us a line. None of us are perfect, we're all quitting in all sorts of ways (cold turkey, Chantix, whatever). Some are just thinking of quitting. Doesn't matter. We're all here to support each other. Sense of humor is a plus here, too. You have lots of good reasons to quit, now you just have to convince yourself that YOU control cigs, they don't control you. 

BC sucks and we really can't control it. Smoking sucks, and we can control it. But it's a *^tch to stop. However, you CAN do it. Best of luck!      Jill