Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051

Love the photos Cindy. Sending you healing energy as you get your test results.

Taco - glad your daughter was safe. How awful for the folks near and in Lewiston.

I don’t enjoy full body massages. I recently did some post mastectomy (fascia) massages to break up some scar tissue and have been doing some facials, where she massages my neck and shoulders. I think that’s one of the reasons I do REIKI. It’s light touch above your clothes.

Medicare covers acupuncture for lower back pain, but nothing else unfortunately. Most acupuncturists won’t submit the paperwork to Medicare, leaving you to do so on your own. I wish they’d cover it for joint and other pain. I paid out of pocket for my neuropathy treatment. It helped, so it was worth it. When I worked, my health insurance covered acupuncture. I had some acupuncture at Johns Hopkins for my Gastroparesis. It helped with my digestion, but the 90 minute trip one way got to be too much.

Rain earlier today, but we still made it into the upper 60s. Tomorrow starts off warm before our temperatures start to drop. We should have a freeze by mid-week. Have a day.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 354

Reader - the waves picture is beautiful. I could easily spend several hours on the beach relaxing and chilling out while listening to the waves. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy - the front of your home is lovely. My mums didn’t fare well this year so I enjoyed seeing yours in full bloom. I may have put mine out too early as we had 90 degree temps the first week. Now we are below freezing at night.

Taco - glad to hear your daughter is safe.

Quick question for those who get the high dose (65+) flu shot. Last year was the first year of the high dose flu shot and I had a red rash for about 5-6 days afterward. Same thing this year but a larger rash wrapping around my arm from the shot location to almost my elbow. I had the Covid vax in the same arm but up higher and no rash there. It’s red, warm, bumpy and itches like crazy. I rarely have any reaction to vaccines. I’m on day 5 and there is no sign of it resolving. I’ve tried cortisone cream to no avail, so I plan to try Benadryl tonight. Has anyone else had this reaction? If so, any tips on how to make it go away?

Wishing a good week to all!

• cindyny
    cindyny Member Posts: 1,302

Harley I didn’t get the 65+ one but partner did. He didn’t have a reaction. You may be reacting to buffers in the vaccine. I’m allergic to thimerosal, it’s used as a preservative I believe, mercury based. When I sign the flu questionnaire I tell them I’m allergic but get the shot anyway. I’m hoping the benedryl works on it tonight. Good luck.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,886

Anxiety is the rust of life, destroying its brightness and weakening its power.  A childlike and abiding trust in Providence is its best preventive and remedy.

unattributed

• illinoislady

Harley, sorry to hear you are having a 'reaction'. Sounds really un-comfortable and I sure hope the Benadryl.

Pretty sun out today, but it will remain fairly cool (45 or so) all day long, That sun should dry us out a little. Maybe if so, it will start to feel warmer.

Nothing special planned today which is like most of my days. There are always things to take care of here, so no trouble staying busy as long as my energy doesn't peak too soon.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

• cardplayer

Sorry to hear your having a reaction to the flu vaccine Harley. Hope Benadryl helps. I’ve never had a reaction and this year, even the covid vaccine didn’t bother me.

I’ve been trying to figure out a calendar problem between my DH iPad and mine. We allow each other to see our calendars and when he got his new iPad earlier this year he wasn’t able to see mine. New iOS update must have done something because now he can see my calendar. Except, I can’t see his calendar now. I need a new iPad, which I’m trying to wait for later this year (combined birthday/ holiday). Maybe since we’ll both be on the same version iPad and iOS, it’ll work again?

Very cloudy and breezy today. Still warm, but expected to cool down fast later this evening. A frost warning tomorrow morning and possible freeze on Wednesday morning. At least Halloween won’t be rained out tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening.

• harley07

Thanks for the thoughts. The Benadryl did seem to help. It’s not completely gone but it is better. While Benadryl makes some people drowsy it seems to have the opposite effect on me. It makes me jumpy and restless. So I was very wide awake all night scratching like a dog with fleas. 😀. I’ll try to remember to get the regular dose shot next year.

Temps in the low 40’s with full sun. I’m sitting on the couch enjoying the views of the last of the fall colors. Tomorrow is forecasted to be in the 30’s, windy and possibility of snow. This may affect the number of trick or treaters we see at our house.

• cindyny

Harley, I’m glad you had some relief. But you sound like my sister’s kids, Benadryl does the same to them.

I had a wild and crazy day. A gf is on vacation out of state. Her elderly mom needed to get to our walk in orthopedic, her hand & wrist were swollen. I was recruited. I left my house at 9:15, and returned at 3:45. She’s good, no breaks or fractures. Just an unexpected long day for me.

I see the ENT tomorrow at 12:45. They’ve called me twice asking why I didn’t want to go to their affiliate hospital for my thyroid FNA. When I call back I get an answering machine and leave the same message I left after the first call: I’ve had an endocrinologist for 5 years, and the biopsy has already been completed. Tomorrow is 1 week from the biopsy and I’m calling that office to see if I can get results yet.

Rain, rain, and more rain over the past 2 days. Damp and cold, in the 40’s. My hamstrings still ache from bending over instead of squatting when I picked up trimmings. I miss that gardening weather!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408

Harley, the only time I got a flu shot reaction was way back before my lumpectomy, when my upper arm was so stiff for a day I could raise it barely halfway. The only time I got a rash was after my first Shingrix shot, but it was less a rash than a spreading red patch. My PCP suggested I draw around its perimeter (I used an eye pencil) to gauge its progress—at its peak it reached down nearly to my elbow and up halfway between my deltoid and shoulder before it receded. But it never erupted nor itched. You might want to try topical Benadryl or even lidocaine roll-on or spray. It shouldn't cause either a typical (drowsy) or paradoxical (hyper) reaction the way the oral stuff can. There's always aloe, too—when I got radiation redness I used Fruit of the Earth colorless & fragrance-free aloe gel from my cancer center's pharmacy.

Super-cold out (at least for Oct.). Freeze warning overnight and again tomorrow night. Snow showers tomorrow morning, possibly turning to freezing rain or slush here along the lake. Something tells me I may have lots of candy left over. They're predicting perhaps some accumulation or even glazed sidewalks & outdoor stairs. Good thing I made sure to have a full jug of pet-safe ice-melt to scatter.

Subaru dealership was able to get me in & out in under an hour to install the new multimedia head unit—including pairing my phone and downloading the contacts from it. The voice-command button on my steering wheel is still balky—have to press it 4 or 5 times before I hear "say a command." Worst comes to worst, I can always say "Hey, Siri, call…" and the call will play through the speakers via Bluetooth.

Tried to rent a car for Ft. Lauderdale Wed-Fri, but Hertz there has only "elite EVs" at $96/day. Nope. Went through Expedia and reserved (via Economy) a midsized SUV (same size as my Outback or Bob's Tucson) for $26/day—with taxes & fees it comes out to the same as the base rate for the Hertz EV. I almost went for the Hertz EV because we probably won't be putting more than 100 mi. on it, but what if the hotel has no chargers (or they're all in use)?

I made my packing list for my trip—tonight I'll empty out my rollaboard, gather up my clothes and the usual essentials, and pack either at bedtime or tomorrow morning. Then order the car service for pickup Wed. morning. Bob will help out with candy duty tomorrow night, such as it may be. We will see how desperate for sugar kids will be during rotten weather. (We may even strew candy across the porch and call it a night).

• illinoislady

Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things
    even if we do not get anything in return.  It is the joy of our life to
    do them.  When we do good things from this inner desire, there is
    kindness in everything we think, say, want and do.

Emmanuel Swedenborg

A life of kindness is the primary meaning of divine worship.

• illinoislady

A nice sun out once again, but it won't warm much. We have our winter coats out using them. I suspect (sure true in my case) it is in part from such an abrupt weather change in the beginning. No interim weather where we could wear hooded sweatshirts out for awhile — just from shirtsleeves straight to the winter coats.

I hope you all have a good day.

• cardplayer

A cooler day today here too. But it’s sunny. I had a lovely sound bath this morning so I’m feeling very relaxed.

We’re ready for trick or treat tonight. We have a neighborhood full of kids, so it usually starts around 5pm and is done by 8. Earlier if it gets too cold. I figure if we run out of candy, they get Nutragrain Bars.

From 1979, DH and I were Killer Bees. MIL made the costumes.

• 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 290

I am really enjoying everyone's "fall pictures." No color here and we were too early in Maine although Debbie says it hasn't been particularly good as everything is so wet.

I too find the ocean calming. Closest we've lived to water was on the Potomac River in Ft. Washington, (Oxon Hill) Md.

Watching my Diamonbacks got creamed. So sad although we keep telling ourselves that they struggled to even make the playoffs. Great for the tourist industry though. It really was really hit during the Covid years.

We've had all the recommended shots. Ken had a sore arm and I was a little lethargic but I can't even tell which shot it was that caused those SE. Obviously, not a big deal for us but I know others have had trouble.

Thanksgiving was the big holiday for my extended family. Two of the families went to the in-laws at Christmas so it was a smaller gathering. We went to my aunt's farmhouse and spent the night. I still make several of the family recipes. My family went there at Christmas too. Very happy memories of those times.

Those gatherings more or less ended when my Mom, Dad, and sister moved to MA and I went to college. DS and I were the youngest of the cousins and everyone else had started their own families. As I recall there were some tensions among the aunts about my grandmother's care after my folks moved.

I've had as many as 13 in our early years in AZ but those days are over. We left the house and dining room table that was big enough to seat that many 10 years ago.

This is the first year I haven't had Thanksgiving dinner here. Ella's Mom is doing it. We really were exhausted last year and I was glad when she volunteered. There will be 7 of us and it is really crowded around my table.

Our traditions with our BFF's are definitely changing as the four of us will be cruising at Christmas. Larry always had Christmas dinner and we had New Year's Eve. We haven't negotiated beyond Thanksgiving but I hope they will do New Year's and leave us with Super Bowl. Ken insists on being the cook and it is harder and harder for him to do a big meal.

Windier than I'd like but beautiful days for golfing. I consider fall to officially arrived when we can keep the house open all day rather then rely on air conditioning - not there yet though.

The Niners had a really fun Halloween Party last night. Most in costume, lots of food and good friendship. I found a really great witch hat and wore black. I was happy to have a potential member say she wasn't aware of any cliques and felt very welcomed.

I have rambled on but I hope I kept the paragraphs short enough, Carole.

Marge

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408

We live on a double block in a semi-upscale neighborhood where the neighbors go all-out with Halloween decorations, and word gets around to much of the North Side. We usually get between 1000-1500 kids and go through 20-25 lbs of candy, so I bought 22 lbs. We barely got through 10 lbs, thanks to the cold and snow—maybe 100-200 kids, tops—started late, knocked off early once the lake effect snow machine kicked into high gear.

Off to FL (Parkland) in the morning. Will check in Sat. aft., after I return Fri night and finish my (sadistically-scheduled early-morning) rehearsal.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,130

Taco, I enjoyed those short paragraphs! LOL. I also appreciate your acceptance of change.

I was surprised at the enormous amount of money spent on Halloween as reported in the news. On my route to the gym, I drive past the entrance to an estate. I don't know the owner, but he, she, or they spend a fortune on the creation of a Halloween scene every year sometimes with a vehicle and multiple frightening figures. There is enough wealth in this area that holiday decorating businesses do well.

We have the heat on this morning for the first time of this winter season. But a warmup will be coming and we're undoubtedly not done with the a/c.

Happy day after Halloween to everyone.

• illinoislady

Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home,but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere.Hazel Rochman

• illinoislady

Sunny, but cold again here. I guess we are on the way to winter pretty much. I expect a hard frost any time, but we never quite know the last few yrs. With global warming the weather patterns can be quite fickle, either way.

There are lots of people here who REALLY decorate in an elaborate way on both the major holidays of Halloween and X-mas. We have a few that do employ decorating companies each yr. We don't do anything back here because no one really comes to the woods. Only three houses back here. We are the middle house and the man next to us actually lives about an hour away. He is a teacher at the college and comes every couple of weekends to his 'retirement' home. So, it is quiet here and never have to consider passing out candy. We do in our travels around paying bills etc. though get to see most of the decorations that delight our town neighbors to share.

Nothing special today, but some work to get ready for the surgery tomorrow on my first spot of facial cancer. It is the squamous cell right next to my nose. Later on in the month, I will go for the spot on my nose which is a basal cell spot. So, hopefully all will go well, but since it will be a MOLS surgery, we have no idea just how long we will be. I hope not too long since my BIL is scheduled to take us. I think the nose will go faster as I had the other spot much longer to begin with and I think just more tissue on that part of the face.

Our heat has been on for almost two weeks now. It is not constant but does come on more at night when the sun is down and early morning before the sun has had time to warm the top of our house. Since we had tree work done — there is not the huge amt. of shade over the house now so the sun gets to us a bit earlier.

Hope you are all going to have a good day and saying hi to anyone not posting. You are in my thoughts and just hoping you are just busy.

• cindyny
    edited November 2023

We had maybe 30-40 kids, and they came in groups. We have a lot of candy left over that will need to be hidden from me. I have sweet tooth and tend to pick at it - grab one here or there. This year they’re all these tiny bite size pieces, which I’m truly not a fan of. So my waistline will be thankful if I can avoid it.

I had my ENT appointment yesterday, the follow up to the lump under my tongue (cyst). They took pictures, it’s swollen slightly but not concerned. Set me up for May 2024 follow-up. She was glad I jumped on the incidental finding in my thyroid & lungs. And she is requesting all results from endocrinologist and thoracic surgeon.

This morning my niece reported it was snowing and pitch black on her way to work. She was complaining that we haven’t turned the clocks back yet and it’s pitch black.

Jackie, I’m hoping your MOLS goes smoothly.

Carole, we’re not in an affluent area. I’m not sure anyone pays for decorating but some do go all out. Myself, I’ve backed off of decorating. My grandniece now 14 was my decorating buddy. If I get her here to decorate with everything I have in storage, then it’s 50/50 if I get her back to help me take it all down and put it away. That front porch steps picture, we used to have something in every window- 12 of them.

Taco, I’m glad you had fun at the Halloween party.

Cardplayer, I loved the Killer 🐝 costumes!

It’s 39 out and it’s after noon and gray with almost a snow looking sky.

Tomorrow morning my dermatologist appointment is at 7:45 AM. I’ll be bundled up to the hilt at that hour. This is one of those “squeezing me in” appointments because my appt booked a year ago needed to be moved.

Everyone stay warm!

• harley07

Jackie - thinking of you with the MOLS surgery. Please keep us updated

Cindy - good luck with the derm appointment

We had probably around 50 trick or treaters which is about half of what we usually see. I think I ate as much candy as I gave out 😝. However, it was cold and snowy as well as the local elementary school had a Halloween parade after school. They used to do it the Saturday prior to Halloween but for some reason changed this year. I sent the leftover candy to work with DH.

Have a good day!

• cardplayer

Enjoy sunny FL Sandy.

Hope the Mols surgery goes well Illinois.

Hope your dermatologist appointment goes well tomorrow Cindy.

We also have lots of folks who decorate in our neighborhood. We have a plastic pumpkin that use to say “Happy Halloween”. It doesn’t talk anymore, but the light inside still works. We put it outside by the door as our lone decoration. We had 80-100 kids this year and most came in groups. All done by 7:30, except for some older tweens who came at 8. I got rid of most of the candy, much to DH chagrin. He has a few of his favorites remaining, but I didn’t want lots of candy hanging around.

I had my cardiac stress testing this morning and already have the results - all normal. So far, no explanation for my symptoms. I went to the hospital in Front Royal, VA. It’s 35 minutes from my home. The hospital is about a year old and is situated so that you can see the mountains. I started off by waiting an hour before the first scan. They injected a nuclear tracer. I was allowed to drink water, but had to fast for the test. After the scan, they wired me up for the treadmill test. It took me about 5.5 minutes to get my heart rate to the target and then about long to get my BP to normal. Another tracer injection and while I waited, I was able to eat. Final scan, then done.

Google maps took me on small country roads going there. Lots of horse estates and some farms. The roads were narrow and windy. I decided to come back a different way. More country roads on the way home, too. Went through a town called White Post. There’s a white post in the center of the town by the old Sinclair gas station. Glad to be home.

Cold and windy here today, but sunny. Weather service is calling for a freeze in the morning. Hope all is well.

• cindyny

We moved all the liquids in from the back porch. It hit freezing last night, and tonight it’s supposed to go even lower.

Alarm set for 6. I’m showered and I’m in clean jammies just chilling out.

Cardplayer, I’m glad your results from the stress test were all normal.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,286

Good morning. It is 48 this am. I have a bone scan at 10. Grief support at 11:30 and a leak detector company coming out at 1. I have an underground leak from the water meter to the house.

Probate is finally over. The 10 month mark gave me a meltdown along with the concern about my BFF and her cancer journey.

• cindyny

It was 27 when I got up to get ready for the dermatologist. Bird baths frozen. I had left a bottle of water in the car, and I’m so fortunate it didn’t freeze.

Dermatologist froze some spots in the back of my leg that I pick at; refilled a script; I’m all good for another year.

Petite, busy day for you. Best of luck with your bone scan. A water leak in FL is a costly leak, so I hope they can find it and fix it! Our FL water tastes like crap and costs 10x as much as upstate NY. We have a whole house water filter set up in FL. I’ve heard horror stories of leaks costing so much due to the price of water.

Hoping we all stay warm!

• cardplayer

Those underground leaks can be a mess. Hope you get through your day ok Petite. Sorry you had a melt down with everything you have/ had going in. Sending you a virtual hug.

Glad you got your dermatologist appointment taken care of for the year Cindy.

Spoke to my neurologist about my dry mouth today. When I went from 1200mg to 1400mg per day is when I first noticed the dry mouth issues. I tried other medications to combat the symptoms but they caused stomach pain. So I’m dropping back to 1200mg a day by reducing my dosage at night. He said to give it 3-4 weeks and let him know how it goes. Hope it improves my dry mouth symptoms without increasing my neuropathy pain.

I had a lovely facial earlier today. Feeling refreshed. it was 29 here this morning. Warmed to 48 and sunny. Have a great rest of the day.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

Just popping in to say hi. Taking a break was exactly what I needed to get reconnected to those around me.

A dear friend is having major medical issues, two hip surgeries in the past year, and now has unexpected bladder cancer and an intestinal blockage. She is currently in a great Philadelphia hospital but still not out of the woods. I was able to keep in touch via her daughter who was friends with my daughter when they were little. Wonderful people.

Sometimes things don't work out the way we plan, but the way they are supposed to.

I tried to catch up on some of the posts, but not nearly all.

Sandy, snow! Brrrrrr way too soon for that! Enjoy warm Florida.

Taco, sorry about the Diamondbacks, I felt the same when they crushed my beloved Phillies, but I thought how great it was to see the Phillies get that far.

Cindy and Jackie. hope all the dermatology issues get resolved well.

Carole, I too am amazed at the money spent on Halloween. I put up decorations, but they are not elaborate. We had 23 trick or treaters and they were all adorable!

My DH and I went to our grandkids school Halloween parade! It was so much fun! I miss being around kids and it was fun to watch them. I was also happy to see they included students who had disabilities and really made them part of the festivity. I am thankful to be retired to catch up on what I missed all these years!

Consider me back, even though I won't be posting every day. I never really left completely as I PM some who are going though difficult times with breast cancer, two of whom had procedures done today.

Did I say how much I missed all of you? Please know, I REALLY did! We may never meet in person, but I do know you all and consider you friends!

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,130

MM, glad you're back even if not on a daily basis. I think you will find more and more reasons to be glad you're retired.

I got my exercise today walking in and out and around three stores, Sam's Club, Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I bought more yarn for my current project: crocheting chemo caps. The softer yarn tends to be more expensive. And like almost everything else in stores, the price of yarn has gone up. I got 30 per cent off at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

Petite, I hope the solution to the leak issue isn't too pricey.

Cindy, it seems like only yesterday that you were departing from FL. Now it's time to return. I wish time didn't whizz by so fast. It occurred to me yesterday that I'm already facing another birthday in early March.

• illinoislady

Strength is a capacity for endurance.  One of the dividends of suffering is the universal discovery the we possess a strength within us we never knew we had.  Navigating through a difficult episode not only shows us that inner strength is there but convinces us it will always be there to serve us in the future.  Overcoming gives us an assurance of personal confidence and value that far exceeds what we thought we possessed before our struggles began.

Dennis Wholey

• illinoislady

Where to begin ladies — and most of you will likely not see this till tomorrow, but while all is fresh in my mind. Loved the mols surgery. It is definitely the way to go. Appt. at 10:15 a.m. (slight rant here) but we had to wait in the waiting rm. longer than I liked. Then we got into the treatment/surgery rm. and more waiting. Still, I'm sure this likely is happening the same way to most people if you are not FIRST on the list.

To make it all short — by I think (wasn't keeping a strict eye on the clock) we were out and on the way home by 3:15 p.m.. We went to a restaurant while the lab fixed my slides and my surgeon, a woman, looked at them. Clean margins. I had this spot for over four yrs. It was harmless apparently for the first yrs. of growth and turned into the cancer later on. I think it was why it was an OLD growth that didn't require much work an seemed easy to resolve.

The other which they don't expect to be difficult is on my nose and I only had it 3 mos. I do back to Glen Carbon, Illinois on the 14th. They will remove the stitches from today and do the nose then. I will be able to go to the Skin Care Center here to get the nose stitches out.

Petite, so many things at once but it sounds like your worry over your friend got to you plus transitioning into sole ownership. It is a marker of a sorts. I have thought about you so much lately and more so since I started reading the book, I took with me today for my surgery.

It is called " Walking In the Garden of Souls" The author is George Anderson. Although I've never heard of him, the book on the back explains that he is considered the world's greatest living medium. He relays messages from the departed souls they want us to know — I have long felt the harsh things that happen to us here on Earth are things we go through so we can help others when it is our turn to transition. What Mr. Anderson talks about seems to follow along just that way. Those who have transitioned want to help us nourish our earthbound souls with love to teach us how to forgive, accept challenges, withstand tragedy, and understand better our purpose in life. I have felt restored and comfortable with how I've viewed and looked at both the miracles of birth and the miracle of transition.

I do not want to upset you in any way, but I never quite know myself if I am led to something for use to help someone else or not but the minute, I started reading the book I thought of you. Feel free to tell me to knock it off if you feel you need to. I haven't run into a 'spiritual' type book for a good while and so I felt there was a reason and maybe it was to share.

MM, I am so glad to see you back. I have missed you a lot as have others here. One way or the other, we are all on the same road — and sometimes it becomes a terrific struggle. I don't think anyone here wants to be cavalier, but it does happen on occasion. May we all be able to grow in understanding knowing love is all that really matters. So good for you. You never know when you will be able to help someone and after what most of us go through — we do not wish to cause distress in any way. We are all just people on the same path. Good days or bad — being for each other is important.

This has become way too long so I'll be back tomorrow. See you then.

• illinoislady

Because of the routines we follow, we often forget that life is an ongoing adventure. . . Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be able to treat life as art: to bring all our energies to each encounter, to remain flexible enough to notice and admit when what we expected to happen did not happen.  We need to remember that we are created creative and can invent new scenarios as frequently as they are needed.

Maya Angelou

• illinoislady

Sun is out today but there is a breeze, and it is cool. Cool yesterday as well but no breeze so being outside was very tolerable. I am feeling okay but something of a rugged night. I sleep on my rt. side mainly due to my left broken arm and that was not easy. Had to try and keep my head from snuggling into the pillow as I usually do. The surgery was on the right cheek.

I get to remove the bandage tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. It will still be hard to sleep but a lot easier to deal with in the shower. At least I'm getting a dry run for having the one on my nose done.

Monday I have to go see Dr. Dave, the Pulmonologist at Marion and then on Tues. morning I will have the Pet Scan. On the 24th. I have to go to Marion again to see the NP Cardiologist. Hope I don't have to go back to Marion for a while after that.

Hope you are all having a good Friday. Hoping it turns out to be a nice weekend. I haven't anything planned, but now and then we get spur of the moment inclinations, and they would be a lot easier to follow if the weather is nice.