Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

1158315841585158615871589»

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,351

When we have painful memories from hurting experiences, we may feel justified in holding on to the resentment. But resentment is corrosive. It doesn't affect the person we feel anger toward, it destroys the host.

Susan L. Taylor

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,091

I'm back home and caught up on posts this morning. Relieved to learn that Petite had no damage. Betrayal, your situation is proof that life can be unfair. At least a problem has been discovered and is being fixed. Glad your trip was good. I completely agree that a tour is not a vacation. We do not plan to take any more tours in the future. One big attraction of the Viking river cruise next April is unpacking once in our stateroom.

Our stop in Oklahoma to visit my brother and his wife was fun. His daughter was there with her dh and Roan, 20-month-old son. He is precocious and couldn't be cuter if he tried.

The weather was great on all our travel days. I probably did more driving than I usually do. Everything was fine when we arrived home. Today will be grocery shopping and unpacking and settling into our permanent home.

I'm sorry MM has dropped out. I enjoyed her posts.

I have always been a believer in climate change and I think we're seeing proof of it in the weather events that seem to become more violent as years go on. I recently read an article in WAPO or NYT about how a reverse migration is expected to take place as people move away from coasts and flood prone areas. Older people and poorer people may be left behind. Helene showed us that even inland states are not safe from huge hurricanes. Apologies if I have broken the "rules" by discussing a controversial subject.

Happy Thursday to everyone.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,351

Carol, you are okay. You didn't break any rules. The only distress we feel is that religion and political discussions are not okay since it is too easy to get into judgmental areas as well as a disallowance of individual freedoms if you do not "wear the same set of shoes I do". We have always made that a strong practice here. Weather is not political discourse for sure even though in so many cases politicians have so much influence on weather which can be correct or possibly no actions are taken, or they are just wrong.

I had read similar, perhaps the same article and believe it to be true. Not totally aware of how Ins. really works as through the years we have not used ours, even when we probably could, but it is easy to understand that while the many paying in and not needing to use what they pay for allows others to benefit from possibly huge restorations is great until too much happens in one area much more than once. I think as said — if you can no longer afford something then an alternation solution is to change your situation. It is those who as mentioned by age or funds are forced to stay in place.

Something to be said about not messing with Mother Nature. We went where it wasn't that safe, build things up while being destructive with all sorts of things on the Earth (like de-foresting and in the atmosphere, going through the ozone and not replenishing what we have taken from a very generous Mother Earth. I keep hoping for a lot more wake-up to not stalling more.