Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,529
    edited April 2012

Good Sunday morning everyone.

Just sitting here feeling good about a variety of things.  Well, I am feeling for anyone with allergies  that show up from just the clothing you wear.  It does not sound like a cross I could easily bear. 

Then again --  we learn to deal with the cards that come our way.  I've managed not to "bomb" the garage who had Dh's truck for over two months.  Pleased to announce he has his truck back and it appears to be doing well.  I feel like a kid let loose in a candy store.....I have my car back and can go anywhere I want....whenever I want.  Of course, now the desire will be a whole lot less since the car will wait patiently out in the drive-way to do my bidding. 

Was thinking.....we have such power and don't use it often.  I mean, if we put an idea in our head and just hang onto to it....most of the time it will come true.  Jennifer.....I just kept visualizing progress at my house.....and though it looked iffy a few times, I have some so far since I first created my picture.  I have things to do yet......the picture is not done, but I'm so well on the way that I am less concerned than I once was.....and even that lack of concern will help control the pressure "to be there" and allow me to enjoy "where I am". 

Chevy --- you are a whiz.  I forget sometimes that my computer is sort of instant professor.  You can ask any question and get a pretty reasonable answer.  I had a question yesterday.....and since I didn't act on it when it came up......have no idea what I thought I needed to know.  How many missed opportunities from simply forgetting what I thought I needed to know?  Sigh !!!!! 

Hope you are all going to have a fantastic day.  Kaara.....are you back from vacation yet???? I forgot how long you were to be gone.  Hope you are having a good time and enjoying some nice warm, un-wet weather.   We had some minor drizzles this morning....just intensives the coolishness of the outdoors though it is not cold -- 50's and 60's out there.

I hope you all have a great Sunday.  I'll be checking in later.  See you then.

Hugs, Jackie

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone!  Just got back from our awesome vacation!  It was one of the best we've had...or maybe I just appreciate the beauty of life more now:)  Scottsdale is a fantastic place...good food, shopping, golf, entertainment and best of all, great people.  We didn't have a surly service person the entire trip..everyone was so kind and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time.  We played golf in Scottsdale on a mountain course, which was challenging for me, and a test of my endurance in 90 degree weather, but I did manage to surprise everyone when I chipped out of a bunker and it rolled into the hole!  When something like this happens, my boyfriend takes full credit for his teaching abilities...and I let him...hehe!  My only thought was getting that ball out of the bunker...not once did I strategize how it was going to go into that little hole when  it came out...lol....it was pure luck!  I also liked my rented clubs...Taylor Made....I think they were well suited for me, so now I want a set!    We were able to find tons of healthy food restaurants and tried to stay on our diet, but of course made a few exceptions.  The good news is we didn't gain one pound and we ate very well, almost anything we wanted, and indulged in a glass of wine now and then.  

Haven't had a chance to catch up, but hope everyone is well.  Carol, I'm so sorry about your neice's problems with the boyfriend.  Worse than what she is going through, is what the kids have to see when this is going on, and the impact it will have on their lives.  Any kind of abuse in the home, physical or verbal, has long lasting effects on children, and why women stick around to endure this over and over is a mystery.  I'm so proud of my DGD when she decided to move out and get her own place because she didn't want my DGGD to see this going on.  She works two jobs to meet her financial obligations.   I tell her every day how great a mother she is, and I help her whenever I can.

Gerry....happy birthday!    Jackie:  Glad your kitchen is looking good!  It's always fun to see things nice and new!  Jennifer...good to hear you are getting through tx and managing well.  Hopefully it will soon all be a distant memory, and your energy level will improve tremendously.

Monday I go for my second eye injection.  I know what to expect now and it won't be so bad.  I didn't have any SE's with the last one except the burning the first day from the betadine they use to sterilize the eye.

It's good to be back...will talk soon! 

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

PS:  Chevy...I forgot to say...your home is absolutely charming, love the english garden, and the photo of your girls is great...they are beautiful!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2012
    "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my
    heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me
    with a piece of
    their heart. If I live long enough, all the components
    of my heart will be
    dog, and I will become as generous and loving as
    they are."
    ~ Author
    Unknown
  • carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,107
    edited April 2012

Happy Birthday, Gerry! 

Welcome back, Kaara.  We missed you.

Chevy, here's the recipe for red beans.

1 lb dried red beans, 1 large onion, 3 cloves garlic, diced green pepper (optional).  Meat options for flavor are smoked sausage such as pork or andouie (spicy);  ham; bacon.

Empty package of beans into a 6 qt. pot that has a lid.  Cover the beans with water and about an inch or two extra water.  Let the beans soak overnight.  OR quick soak them by bringing the beans to a boil and letting them sit for an hour off the fire.

To cook the soaked beans, bring them to a boil with a couple of inches of extra water above the level of the beans.  Add your seasonings (finely diced onion, garlic, and green pepper) and salt and black pepper.  If you're using bacon or sausage, cut into pieces and cook in skillet.  Drain on paper towel and add to bean pot.  If you're using cooked ham, cut it into pieces and add it.  A ham bone with some ham on it can provide the meat flavor.  Just drop it into the pot! 

Simmer for 1 to 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.  When the beans are tender, they will start to break up.  Taste for seasoning and add salt or pepper if needed.  For some heat, add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or more to taste.  The beans should have some "gravy" but not be too watery.  Take a potato masher and mash some of the beans in the pot to create a creamy texture.  If the cooked beans aren't spicy enough for you, you can sprinkle hot sauce or Tabasco or smoked paprika or chipotle powder into the pot. 

Cook some rice and serve beans over the rice.  I guarantee these beans will be as good as Popeye's.  Plus you'll have a potful and can freeze portions. 

Andouille sausage is available here in Louisiana where it's made.  It's a peppery pork sausage.  We usually use about a lb. of sausage or a hambone we've bought from Honey Hams.  They sell the frozen hambones with lots of meat left on them.  Before using the ham, we trim off the sweet glaze so the beans won't be sweet.  DH loves to cook  beans and we like the different kinds.   Tomorrow I may cook black beans Cuban style. 

It's a beautiful day here though a little windy.  We have some windows and doors open and are giving the old A/C a rest.  Hope you are all having a peaceful Sunday.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2012

Okay!  I printed off the beans and rice recipe.  I just made something similar, only a lot faster!  Wink  I bought some re-fried beans, and that box of rice, with 4 packs in there, and you throw those bags of rice in boiling water, for 10 minutes.  I put a spoon of chili mix in the beans, heated it all up, and then made a well in the center, and put 1/2 of the bag of rice in.  It is REALLY GOOD!   Surprisingly  enough! 

It would also be good wrapped in a Tortilla....I even put in about 1/2 C of diced green chili's.   So now I should have all the beans and rice I can stand....Ha! 

Been working out in our yard.....  So nice out.  I bought some of those "Wave" Petunias, and planted them in hanging planters...Next week I'm looking for those Sweet Banana Pepper plants.  I'll plant my tomato seedlings outside in a couple weeks....

DD #2 is coming home from Orlando tomorrow night....  I'll be glad she is back.  Why do we still worry about these kids, even though they are over 50?    Been going over to feed her "girls"....the 2 cats.... one is bi-polar, and one is the noisiest thing I ever saw!   But they are her babies.....

Thank you Kaara!  Welcome back....So glad you had a fun trip!   Tell us more about it!

Talk to y'all later....xoxoxoxo

• termite
    termite Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2012

I was so happy to find this forum for older ladies. I was diagnosed in March 2010 on my birthday(am now 63)  Went through lumpectomy and the mammasite for radiation. Decided against Chemo. I have been taking Femara for two years. Has anyone had to take fosomax for bone loss while taking their medications?

Thanks 

• illinoislady
    edited April 2012

Hi and welcome TERMITE........love your name.  I am quite a ways out now.....and have been or Arimidex -- well it now Anastrozole with is the generic.  At first it raised cane with my numbers on a lot of things....my sugar went up, my cholesterol shot up, and then I started eating dark chocolate everyday......instead of taking the statin drug the Dr. sent me.  Inside of three weeks....all my numbers were at or below normal. 

I never had a bone scan.....until last yr.  They said that I had osteopenia.......well, as it turns out, having that is not unusual, especially for our age bracket.....I will be 66 in September.  The literature I read on it said you could have it for years and it might never get worse.......so until I have actual proof that I'm losing ground.....I'm not going to start taking something I don't need with the resultant se's ....most which don't sound too good. 

I'm so glad you found us and hope you will keep coming back......week-ends can be quiet here and I'm working early tomorrow so I won't be back till afternoon.  We are a nice bunch of well seasoned characters and talk about anything here. 

Keep coming back and others will come and say hi.  See you later.....and hi to everyone else.

Hugs, Jackie

• jennifer1
    jennifer1 Member Posts: 113
    edited April 2012

Kaara, sounds like a great time, wish I was there.  Doing the fasting thing for bloodwork tomorrow and am so hungry, oh well. 

Termite, love the name, welcome.  I was dx about the same time as you.  Had a lumpectomy and rads and chemo.  Had it on both sides but right just a very small spot on old scar tissue.  What I have learned is that you never let them blood pressure your arms hence LE.  Starting to feel almost good again.  If we could turn back time, I would do so many things different but we cant so on with the show.

Carole what a great recipe esp when you are very hungry.  I want it now.

Chevy we always look at them as children I think.  Its all good.

Jackie, I imagine my guest room done in beige and whites and very soft, a place to sleep peacefully, thats where I am aiming.  Had that bone thing done in Feb 11 and mine were fine guess I was handed enough.  Of course someday soon other body parts will problaby have to be removed because of tamoxifen, deal with it when it comes up.

In June another mammogram is due.  While I have noticed no lumps starting to get edgy about it.  I am asking my dr at the VA to refer me back to the womens group that I started with, trust them alot and the VA doesnt do mammograms.  Am also going to request that chest x-ray be put off til end of summer and please dont drag me in for bloodwork.  Unless something ugly apprears tomorrow, everything was fine.  Does it make sense to want a summer of feeling good and not worrying about anything and just having fun

Everyone have a great day          Kansas is chilly tonight and no rain

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

Morning everyone!  Up early today in anaticipation of my eye injection:(  It's hard getting adjusted to the time now since we had 10 days in a new time zone that was three hours behind here.  I had energy to spare yesterday and got all my unpacking done plus three loads of laundry and a trip to the store to restock on groceries.  Today I will rest after the injection, but I'm not taking that anti anxiety pill this time beause it put me in la la land for two days before!

Jennifer...hope your bloodwork comes out fine...you sound like you are getting back to the close end of normal, and I know what that feels like.  I agree...I wouldn't want any more tests than are absolutely necessary.  You are due a summer of R & R!  I have a mammogram scheduled for the end of May just before I head to NC for the summer, and other than my eye shots, that is it for now!  I still see my ND for IV infusions, but that is just routine maintenance as I call it.  My last thermography was completely clear!

Jackie...good for you that you aren't taking anything for your bones right now.  Those meds have terrible SE's so avoid them if possible.  You can achieve the same results with a good diet.

termite:  Welcome to the thread!  You will find friends and comfort here...it's a good place to come for sharing and idea exchanges.  I am taking tamoxifen even though I qualify for Al's at age 71.  After discussion with my MO we felt it was the best hormonal for me at this time, and it tends to be more protective of the heart and bones.  So far, three months in, I have tolerated it fairly well.  As for the meds for the bones, good diet and weight bearing exercises might accomplish the same for you without the SE's that come from yet another drug, but that is something that only you and your doctor can make the final choice on.  Worth doing some research prior to decision on that one.

Have a nice day everyone...I'll check in later. 

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2012

Morning gals!  Hey Termite!  What a fun name! 

I saw your picture! Ha! I had the same surgery, maybe. Mine was in Dec. 09, and also the MammoSite Device.... No chemo either. I tried Tamoxifen, and like Kaara said, it is easier on your bones than the others. I don't know about Fosamax...I've heard things about it also. Doc wanted me to take Femara, but I was just too afraid....

But so far so good....6 month Mammogram coming up also Jen! I just dread the whole thing.

When I went to my PC for that dratted asthma/bronchitis stuff, she cuffed my left arm, and I didn't even THINK not to!   I got such pains, all the way up!  Too late....  I'll remember next time!  I'll wear that pink bracelet, (if I remember)...My fault though.

Jackie, I had a bone scan once about 10 years ago, but haven't gone back...  PC didn't mention it last annual exam.  Jen, she DOES do blood work, the CA15 test included, but I don't go to an Oncologist for bloodwork... Just Mammograms every 6 months.

Must go feed psycho kitties this morning...their "Mommy" will be home tonight...  They must eat twice a day, or have kit-fits.....Ha, ha!   Their report cards include a few dis-paraging remarks.Wink

Okay, it's almost dawn, & I want to go sprinkle in the new grass seed. Have a gread day kids! Take good Care

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2012
  • artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone, I"m new to this thread although I've been sort of lurking on and off....but I was never old so I never pursued posting. Well, guess what? I am admititng that I am older (63) most of the time I don't feel that way but at times the AI that I take makes me feel like I"m 90. I hope it's ok that I"m here to join you.

Kaara...I don't know why I picked out your post, maybe it was the fact you were in Scottsdale, and we were in Sun City Grand for part of the winter. We went over to the 'Art Expo' in Scottsdale which is absolutely wonderful. So much talent.

Anyway my question is for you...you mentioned not doing any chemo, rads, so what are the supplements you mentioned that you take as a preventative for this beast?

I will have to back track on here to see all the things that are helpful.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 8,107
    edited April 2012

Chevy, why go to the trouble of cooking dry beans if you like your short cut beans with canned refried? 

Welcome, termite.  How did you come up with your name?  Hope you will continue to check in and share what's happening in your journey with surviving bc. 

Kaara, lucky you to spend the summer in NC, a state I really like to visit. 

BP high again this morning.  Guess I will take dh's advice (instructions) to make an apptment with a cardiologist.  Here is my dx.  I suspect the dreaded little white pill (arimidex) may be responsible. I've been taking it for 2 plus years.  During that time my cholesterol went up high enough for med and my weight is up 12 lbs.  To sleep soundly, I take a benedryl knockoff at night.  But I've experimented with not taking it, and there is no difference in the early morning bp.

The bp has probably been high for a few months at least.  This morning I'm going for a walk and will take it easy.

Wishing everyone a great day.

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

Carol:  I think your DH is right...a trip to the cardiologist is good to be on the safe side.  The Al's can cause issues with the heart, but it's probably something that can be helped with diet, some exercise, and getting the weight back to normal levels.  Since I lost my 12 lbs, my bp is in the normal range again.

Went for my eye injection and doc said I had significant improvement from the first shot....good news. The injection was same as before, a poke and then lots of burning.  Going to lie down now with a cold compress which helps. 

• illinoislady
    edited April 2012
    Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as true strength.
    - St. Francis De Sales
  • illinoislady
    edited April 2012

Hey....hi everyone.  Artsee....you can pull up a chair and come on it.  None of us are really old either. I know what the birth certificate says....but it is just a piece of paper with a figure on it. On a rare day here and there.....I'm 92.....rest of the time 55.  My real age is 65. 

I just keep going what seems fast enough that age can't catch me. 

Hope you all have a marvelous day.  May get back later......went to work early today and having to play catch up at home.  Onward.....see you soon.

Hugs, Jackie 

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2012

Hi, welcome Artsee!  We are not old here..... just older than most women who get breast cancer.  I think that makes us very lucky.....   I also  had a Lumpectomy, and radiation with the MammoSite device.  But no chemo.

It's always helpful I think to take a Multi-vitamin, DimPlus, Vit D3, CoQ10, and I also take Turmeric, and Grapefruit Extract...(a pill) AND Calcium.  Sometimes I take Chaga, and Kelp.  But you know, I don't feel any different when I DON'T take them.  There are pro's and con's about a lot of supplements.....  If you eat relatively good, and drink lots of water, you are doing about everything you can.....

Carole, I just wanted something fast, with the canned re-fried beans!   I heated a tortilla, and the beans and rice, put shredded cheese in there, and heated it all in a skillet....it was really good!

But I just bought some red-beans, so I'm going to try your recipe soon!  And I hope you DO get your BP checked soon!

Kaara, good for you....and getting that shot....Glad it helps.

Okay Jackie.....You must be busy working....Hope you have an easy day! xoxoxoxo

• termite
    termite Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2012

Hi Everyone,

Jackie & Kaara

I have been researching the se of the Fosamax I also saw a second doctor for their opinion.

Both agree the same. My dx scan showed a decrease in the spin but the hips, legs and arms were still the same as the last scan.  I am still not sure if I will take it. I do take vitamins, calcium and vitamin D.

Carole --termite was a nickname when I was very young.  Good luck with your BP

Chevyboy- thanks for the thread information I will look into it. 

Hi Artsee - the only time I feel my age or older is after sitting for a while and then getting up and walking. It takes a few steps to get the knees from being stiff then I feel like I am 90

Thanks for all the information ladies. It is a big help to know what others are going through also.

Emmy 

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2012

Happy Birthday; to me....................................77 tomorrow........................so why do I feel like 90.......................................thanks cancer....................thanks Femara......................

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

Happy Birthday ducky!  Hope you have a very special day!

• jennifer1
    jennifer1 Member Posts: 113
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone:  The  bloodwork evidently is fine, she didnt call me, it wasnt ready when I was in her office.  Dr just got back from India, her mother had bc in 09 and we send hi's to each other.  She said her mother had something on her other breast they were watching and she didnt seem too worried, she is very positive about bc being fixable.  Dr is arranging an ultrasound for my next mammogram and I will go back to the surgeon that took care of me.  She said the AL's, tamoxifen in my case, do the job they are suppose to. 

Kaara, glad you are doing well with the injection.  You sound so very busy, a little rest wont hurt you a bit.

Chevy what a cute picture.  I do the mammo thing once a year.  Since I have trunkel LE squishing them would do damage and problably hurt.  Psycho kittles, lol  The doctor wants me to take a multi plus fish oil and the vit D that I take already.  

Artee, 65 here and the tamoxifen does in my legs and hips in sometimes.  I tried the others (al's) and tamoxifen has been the best so far.  If they ever cure bc, god forbid, I am going to dump all of them in the Missouri River.  I feel older too when I get up and down but there are days when its fine.  I had to drive to KC today for the dr, walk up the horrible hill to the VA so I am very stiff and tried.

Carol agree, it could easily be those pills.

Carole, it seems like my blood pressure varies according to how much stress I handle. Last year I took a biofeedback class and they taught me to breathe when I get upset (maybe they should get bc and see how they handle it) Anyway believe it or not, it helps. Also I never drink coffee before BP reading plus the weight loss problably has helped alot.  The chemo dr told me not to take them while in treatment, chemo seems to lower bp, and havent taken one since. 

Jackie, may your days be filled with 55. Seems so long ago

Everyone have a great day, Kansas is cool today but nice.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2012

Thanks Kaara...............I guess the fact I'm gonna be 77 and still alive should be reason enough to celebrate.......................hugs.

• 7donatela81
    7donatela81 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2012

When I saw the topic, I had to read some of the posts.  When I saw recipes posted I had to join! Hi everyone. I was dx'd Feb 20 after an annual mammogram.  DCIS, IDC in several spots, one breast, all high grade.  Lucky me. Last years mammogram was fine, I even saved the congratulations letter form the B. center saying all was fine and had been re cehecked.   Radical mast, nodes ok,  last month and one chemo treatment and today my first Herceptin only treatment. SE's are managable for now.  I'm 66 and never dreamt I would have BC.  Like some of you, heart/cholesterol, high BP have been my concern for so long. 

In the last almost 4 months I have learned first hand everything I never knew about BC. I will be talking to you all soon.

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

7donetela81:  Welcome...just sorry you have to be here.  You will receive a lot of comfort and support on this site and thread.  I've been coming here since September of 2011 and I don't know how I would have gotten through this mess without the support of these wonderful ladies!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2012

Donatela!  Welcome kiddo! 

Yes! We talk about everything from recipe's to psycho kitties to even breast cancer. Undecided  But we're all here for each other.  Sorry for all you have gone through, but you "sound" pretty up-beat, considering! 

A few of the gals here have or are going through chemo now.....Glad you are managing so far!

I KNOW!!! I always worried about my heart also, because of my Mom... She also had BC, but after her Radical, she was fine...for 15 years....  Then her heart sort of wore out, I guess.  It has to be something, right?  BUT, we're still up and kicking!  Especially Ducky!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUCKY!!   Are you behaving as much as possible?  Wink  Hope you are doing good!

Jennifer, like I said, I didn't have the joint or hip pain on Tamoxifen....but those meds act differently on everybody. 

Termite!.........  It's just the "creaking and scraping, and clicking" in my knees when I kneel down, and get back up!   But I bought a "kneeling bench" to work in my garden from Walmart online!!!!  It is the BEST thing I have found!  You can turn it upside down, and sit on it! CoolKissSmile!! The trick is, is to have something close, like a fence, to pull yourself up, once you get down! But this "bench" has the handles! Then preferably, not trip over the little garden fence, or the rocks & fall on your face! I tripped & fell into a big pot of herbs last year... Just glad no-one saw that!

Donatela, try THIS one! Cut up some fresh Broccoli into bite-size pieces, throw in some dried cranberries, a handful of nuts, some diced onions, & a little of your fav dressing when you want to eat it. This is a great recipe, and "cancer fighter" in one "fell swoop!" (What IS that saying?) "Swell Foop?"   who cares, anyway.

Who knew we could all hang around with girls that talk about beans all the time? Wink

Artsee!  Are you taking your vitamins? 

And Jackie....Don't work too hard....  xoxooxoxoxo

• 7donatela81
    7donatela81 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2012

Thank you Kaara and Chevyboy.  I feel part of the group now!  I did try a version of that broccolli before and it was delicious.  It had bacon in it (I know that's a no no)so I used 1 slice of turkey bacon but your version sounds good and healthy. 

Kaara, this is a mess isn't it.  Sometimes I look at my now altered body and think, "I just don't believe this!" But I am coping by making cute and colorful little vests to wear over my big shirts.  That way I think people see the vests and not the body beneathWink.  Reconstruction may or may not be down the road.  Too much else to think about right now.

Looking forward to hearing from and reading lots of posts.

• illinoislady
    edited April 2012

To Ducky:

Hope you have all the b's you want and they are all special.

Hugs, Jackie

• illinoislady
    edited April 2012

Welcome donatelaand we are so glad you found us.  We are a smaller group here, and we do tend to wander all over in what topics we bring up.  We just want to learn to live well out of the shadow that found us all.  Your description was quite apt......none of us were much ever thinking of something like cancer rearing its ugly head.....and we have all wondered why.  Maybe the other question is a little more apt......Why not ???

There comes a time --- maybe that is why we talk like we do, that the shadow of cancer becomes small enough that we start to concentrate a lot less on it and a lot more on the "living" that is still within us.....and make that bigger again.  Hope that you reach that point ( of course, I thought it might never come ) where you wake up some day and discover  that you are not living, eating, sleeping, and dreaming with nothing else on your mind.  We are thrilled here if we can help you do that.

One of my easiest recipes:

Take a 1-step angel food cake mix, put 1 tsp. vanilla in the dry mix, along with a can of crushed pineapple, bake at the temp. the box calls for 350???? and  take out when done......there again I don't remember the time.....but it will be on the box.  Not many calories, diabetic friendly, and jut plain good.

Hi to everyone else.  It's a gorgeous day here....bright sun.  I could wish for a little more warmth and will.......but at least we will stay dry today. 

Ducky......think young.  Hope it is a wonderful birthday spent with the people you love most.

Hugs, Jackie