Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Arimidex

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,470
    edited March 2010

Great hair (actually any hair) makes life easier! Night all, Ruth

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    edited March 2010

Ruth,

It's so bad over there, that I left.  Before I went a taught them a little Latin. Here it is.

Ad hominem abusive

Ad hominem abusive usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

Oh no, now I will have to go back and check and get all upset again!

• ananda8
    edited March 2010
    Wear chest high waders.  Wink
  • molly52
    molly52 Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2010

Jumping back a little ........ There is no  generic Arimidex in Canada. 

I am not even sure all the "Canadian Pharmacies" are in Canada. Some perhaps, but not all. Purchasing drugs online is truly a "Buyer Beware" situation.

Now the copycats are being copied by more copycats!!!!!   

Even the "Made in India" Anastrozle worries me.  It might have the same ingredients, but the processing may not be identical.  (eg a recipie for fudge does not guarantee good fudge).  They are fighting the big pharmas - so I can see AZ handing their secrets over.  

Our Arimidex comes in a box with two blister packs - 15 pills each and cost approx $170 Cdn. and lots and lots of brochures about the side effects.   And it will be in two languages - English and French.

• molly52
    molly52 Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2010

Notself - I like that --- Ad hominem abusive!!!!  

After reading the warnings last night, I couldn't help myself, I had to read the HCR forum.  And you are right on the money with that one!

• ananda8
    edited March 2010
    I knew you couldn't resist.  Tongue out
  • horsegal13
    horsegal13 Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2010

I will finally be getting on Arimidex after having surgery on April 7 to remove my ovaries. It has been so long, I'm finally getting on some treatment. I keep worrying I will get cancer in my good breast now, it's been almost 9 months since they found my cancer. I hate waiting, drives me nuts.

• ananda8
    edited March 2010

Get you vitamin D level checked.  Arimidex appears to suppress the usage of Vitamin D.  Your level should be a minimum of 40 ng/ml.   I want mine to be at least 60ng/ml.  I plan to be retested next month.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2010

notself - checked out your Latin lesson.  You go!  You are brave posting over there.  But I do want a Biden t-shirt.

Ronna - enjoy your hair treatment.  A Brazilian in PA is something totally different - LOL!!

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited March 2010

bobcat,

I was thinking the same thing as you :-)

pam 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2010

You ladies are all masochists!!!!  Notself - bet you won't be able to stay away - d-double-dare ya!

Welcome horsegal - all my friends here have gone nuts (they keep going onto a thread we won't name) because just like you, waiting made them crazy.  See ladies, I just gave you an excuse.

Okay, back to work.  Just looked in to some threads so I can get mad enough to knock out some work here.

Enjoy your day, my friends.

• sue-61
    sue-61 Member Posts: 262
    edited March 2010

Patoo! What site am I missing?????? Just curious. Sue

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2010

Hi Bobcat, you are absolutely correct. I have no idea why they use the same name for a different area. When I mention "Brazilian" to some people, they automatically assume I am getting ready for the beach!

Have a great day!Laughing

• ronqt1
    edited March 2010

Hi all, with respect to the pains in the joints, are pains in the wrists common as a s/e of Arimidex?  I started to wear my hubby's old carpel tunnel brace at night. If it is a common problem, will it go away the longer time I am on Arimidex?

Thank you.

• ronqt1
    edited March 2010

Hi all, with respect to the pains in the joints, are pains in the wrists common as a s/e of Arimidex?  I started to wear my hubby's old carpel tunnel brace at night. If it is a common problem, will it go away the longer time I am on Arimidex?

Thank you.

• pj12
    edited March 2010

ronqt1,

It is my impression that many of the AI SEs wax and wane. And are different for everyone :-(  I have not had the wrist pain but the 4th and 5th fingers of my left hand hurt the worst of any part of my body! I am thinking of not wearing my wedding rings even. Also it seems to affect my muscles more than joints... I am just so stiff and tight.

I think I have read some users say they have developed carpel tunnel syndrome while on Arimidex.

"I share your pain!"  

pam 

• KTG
    KTG Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010

I've been on Arimidex for nearly a year and have real problems with hot flashes and muscle and joint pain. My right hand is especially effeted it is causing a lot of edema and my middle two fingers to cramp and twist, trigger finger, you can hear the pop when you straigthen them. I'm also having trouble with chloresteral levels, they seem to be going up and up, already on two meds for that. Not a problem before Arimidex. Anyone else having this problem

• DENTHOMAS
    DENTHOMAS Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2010

KTG

I've been on Arimidex for 13 months. I still have hot flashes in the evening.  They aren't too bad, seem to be getting better. My last two fingers on my left hand cramp up also. I've had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands years ago. I do take Venlafaxine 25mg to help with the hot flashes.  I take it in the evening at 9:00 so it helps me sleep. I had a hysterectomy in 1990 and had been on ERT for 25 years.  I guess that was my downfall. I see my onc tomorrow so I will see what my chlorestrol is doing.

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

ronqt1 - I have wrist pain - sometimes so bad I can't stand it.  It does wax and wane though so I am putting up with it.  Can't imagine mentioning I'm having a Brazilian to some of my friends - they would be shocked as in TMI - LOL!!!

• bobcat
    edited March 2010

Sue - it's the Health Care Reform thread - probably the most active board right now.  Some powerful opinions over there!  Be careful - you've been warned:o) notself said to wear a flak jacket if you decide to jump in!!  She's right.

• hmm
    hmm Member Posts: 957
    edited March 2010

It is really very simple.......... one is called the Brazilian wax.........the other is the Brazilian hair straightener Wink ........ major difference ( LOL ) !

Pat

• pj12
    edited March 2010

What if you got them mixed up? Tongue out

pam 

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2010

Oh ya a Brazilian in MN is not the same as you are speaking of...... so I am tempted to go check out this HCR forum .... everyone is so nice here....and respectful! 

stay positive!

Balsie~

• ronqt1
    edited March 2010

Thank you ladies. I did have my Brazlian HAIR STRAIGHTENING TREATMENT TODAY.

Yes, the other is Brazilian waxing, which I never had.

Thank all for input on wrist pain. I too also still continue with hot flashes and night sweating.

I wonder what's next!

I think the ladies on this site are terrific! Have a good night all.

• Judy1992
    Judy1992 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2010

Hi all,

I've been on Arimidex since Oct for regional recurrence.  I've been hearing about that a rise in cholesterol is one of the SEs ... mine has been borderline to elevated over the years ... would like to know if anyone had to go on a statin or other cholesterol lowering treatment and does anyone know if there are any contraindications?  Thanks!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010
    I did NOT want to go on statins, so take niacin (under doctor's supervision). It has really raise my 'good' cholesterol to an excellent level. Not long ago, I read some research (brace yourself 'cause this is good news for a change) that eating 1-2 ounces a day of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) can reduce cholesterol and BP. I have no idea if this actually works.  I just started doing it, so I am interested to see what happens when I do my next blood work. If it doesn't work, at least I'll have had a couple months of eating chocolate without guilt anyway Cool!
  • ananda8
    edited March 2010

pj12345

Congratulations on your One Year Mammogram.  I think your news may have gotten lost in the shuffle.  Laughing

• ananda8
    edited March 2010

I put on my chest waders for one more look at "The Thread".  I ended up neck deep in poo with completely full waders and still had 4 unread pages.  I have deleted the thread from my tracking.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2010

I'm staying totally away. It is not a 'discussion' thread at all.