Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

~* The Waiting Room *~

Comments

• lexislove
    lexislove Member Posts: 277
    edited May 2009

Angela!!! Yeah!!! B9..B9..B9!

Congrats on the good news!

If you have questions definatly talk to your onc. We all have that feeling about our bodies. I feel betrayed and unsure. Ihave heard that time helps and the longer you are out from your diagnosis it gets easier. Smile

Now your out of the waiting room!

lovinmomma,

Yup...the waiting. When should your results be back?

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited May 2009

Angela and Barbe....good news!!! Happy for you!!

Lovinmomma, here praying for good results for you.

hugs and prayers to all

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited May 2009
    Candie, how is your wrist doing? Are you back to full mobility? I've been thinking of you.. Laughing
  • WLL
    WLL Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2009

Hope everyone is doing good. I got my ultrasound results back on ovarian cyst--Not cancer!!!  I need to see a gynocologist--enlarged fallopian tube, and cyst. I had a Pet/Ct scan and ehcocardiogram today. Good-Luc on everyones results--Hope they come back great. Wendy

• Reni
    Reni Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2009

I'm waiting on PET/CT scan results. The results are in as I saw the nurse and she told me. She went to get a Dr to tell me the results (my dr at a conference) then came back 10mins later saying the Dr wants my dr to tell me herself!!

She promised my Dr would call me (fri) its now 1am on Sat. Question should I try and reach my Dr today or wait till Mon. Not sure I will last till then

• barbe1958
    edited May 2009

That is SO unfair! I would lodge a complaint! I went to get my CT scan results and they told me my doc was sick so I said "I'll just read the report myself." They had a bit of "trouble" finding it, but when I didn't leave they "found" it.

Your doc won't be available on a Saturday will he? If he is, would he have your results with him at the conference?

Take a 2-day worry-free break and have a wild weekend. My heart goes out to you. 

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    edited May 2009

Oh Reni, I'm so sorry for you - I swear, these doctors just seem to have no idea how stressful this is for us. Don't read anything into this - there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they do these things. Hope you're finding things to keep your mind occupied this weekend. Let us know -

• She
    She Member Posts: 131
    edited May 2009

The Waiting Room is getting full!  {{{Hugs}}} for those still waiting and YIPPEE for B9 results.

I decided to travel half-way around the world while I wait ... lol.  One week from tomorrow (Monday) I see the surgical onc.  Yesterday I felt a sharp pain in the back of my leg just above the knee, didn't do a thing to it.  Took a look at it, and it seems I've had a vein rupture all on its' own!  Today there's a big nasty black bruise.  Uh Oh .. have to get on a plane later this week, will be 'in the air' a total of 16 hours.  I wonder if my LE sleeve will fit on my leg .... lol . There's no hope of finding a compression stocking here, I'm in a 3rd world country.  Not really much point in going to a doctor either ..... of course the doc's at home won't talk to me as I'm out-of-country.

I'd really appreciate suggestions & opinions.

Blu

• barbe1958
    edited May 2009

Can you get just a Tensor wrap and wrap it tight? Take aspirin OR NOT to keep blood flowing? (Google that one please!) Let the airline know!!!!

Let us know what you do! Now I'm worried for you... 

• bbmom
    bbmom Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2009

I finally got my results today. Biopsy was fat necrosis and the bone scan was CLEAR!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!

I wish those docs would realize what they do to us. The tech who did my bone scan told me the results would be available to the dr. on line about an hour after I finished. I called the nurse and asked that they call me the following day and not make me wait all weekend. I gave them until 1 Friday and called when I hadn't heard anything. I was told the dr. would have to call me. The nurse ended up calling me about 4 to tell me the dr. said to let me know he hadn't received my results yet. I know ya'll know exactly what I started thinking. By today I couldn't take it anymore. I was supposed to see the dr. at 3 but I called to see if he could see me earlier. They told me to come in after 10. Got the news after sitting 2 1/2 hours. I was so relieved I didn't care.

Good luck to everyone else waiting. Praying for good results for everyone else.

• vision2020
    vision2020 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2009

Going to have bone scan in the am wish me luck.

• Gitane
    Gitane Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2009

bbmom, So glad to hear your bone scan was clear.  The waiting is awful!  You have to be so happy.

vision2020,  Hopefully the news from Vegas will be wonderful, too.  Let us know how the bone scan goes.  Yep, waiting is the pits. 

• angeljoy
    angeljoy Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2009

Vison2020, Best of luck to you with your scan...sending up prayers as we speak!

bbmom, Congrats! So happy for you!

Angela

• staceyr
    staceyr Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2009

I hate this.  I'm going in for my first mammogram next week since diagnosis/treatment last year.  I had a lumpectomy and I'm always feeling the surgery site, trying to learn how it feels now so I'll recognize any changes.  Well, a few weeks ago I felt what feels like a tiny round bump in the middle of the area (next to the harder scar tissue, maybe it was there all along?), and it's all I can think about now.  I've read about all the things that it might be (just scar tissue?), but you know how your mind works.  If was cancer once, why not again.  I'm positively freaking out.

I keep reading about the "new normal" and I think that's not an accurate phrase at all, because this is not normal, this is completely unfair.  I never really got very angry during the whole thing (except on my birthday, which was two weeks after my diagnosis), but if this is what I get to endure every year, I'm gettting pretty pissed about it.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

• She
    She Member Posts: 131
    edited May 2009

Thanks Barbe, I should probably wrap it.  It doesn't hurt at all.  I'm not really all that worried about DVT as I have a minor 'not-clotting' problem.

Stacey {{Hugs}} for you.  Rant all you need to.  It does get easier as time passes, and you won't think about it every single day.  I've crammed 21 years worth of cancer into 13 and am now looking at my 3rd go round.  Unfair, you bet, and anger is totally normal.  A little bit of anger is healthy.  Use it to make sure you live your life on your terms!  I was angry for a good while, until I realized I was just making myself miserable... my bad.  Now I prefer to laugh.  After all, BC may attack my body but there's part of me I will never again allow it to touch ... my spirit!

• BBLady
    BBLady Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2009

I just found the "Waiting Room". I had a PET/CT scan this morning and have an appointment with my onc for results tomorrow. The really weird thing is that I probably will see him at a social function tonight and I don't know how to react. We're not 'friends', but have friends in common. I'm scared that he might already have read the results. So if he avoids me does that mean it's bad? If he's glad to see me does that mean everythings o.k.? This is a horrible position to be in. Not enough that I have to stress over the results, now I'm stressing how he's going to act. I hate this!

Kathy

• lexislove
    edited May 2009

Hi Everyone Old and New!

I went away for the long weekend, had a wonderful time. Sorry about all the anxiety or scanxiety that some of you ladies are having. I finally decided to call my onc to find out my US results. The Us that I had waaaaay back in April, everything is ok. So I feel better knowing that and now having a "baseline" pelvic US to monitor any changes to my uterus while taking Tamoxifen.

bbmom..thats fantastic news! Take a deep breath and exhale..lol

vision..do let us know how the bone scan turns out.

StaceyR..I oh so remember the first mammo since diagnosis / treatment. Rant away!

BBLady..its silly how our minds wander. B9 thoughts for you too!

• WLL
    WLL Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2009

Hello all, Hope everyone is leaving the waiting room with Great results. I got a call from my oncologists today and said they is no evidence of disease in my body, YEA!!!, he said that there was uptake on my thyroid ( he said it is very common). Good-Luck to everyone still waiting.

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited May 2009

I have been hanging around waiting since Stereotactic biopsy on Friday.   Results will be ready Thursday.   This was a result of a suspicious area on first mammo (on the "good" side) since chemo and lumpectomy.  When I turned the calendar for May, there was mammo and one Herceptin tx.   I have been over there 4 times already and still have to go again on Thursday.   Maybe one of these months there will be NO medical appointments.   

Woo Hoo and hugs for B9 results.   Hugs for those still waiting.    

Nancy 

• BBLady
    edited May 2009

The good news:  PET Scan was clear!!  I am so thankful to everyone for their prayers and support.  Even when I got a little weird about seeing my onc outside of the office.  I did feel he was ignoring me for much of the night, but was friendly at the end.  As it turns out my husband talked with him at the gathering and my onc didn't even know I was scheduled to come in so he hadn't seen my scans yet.  Stress for nothing...

WLL so glad you got good results.

leftyAKAnancy - hope all turns out well from your biopsy.

Stacy - any word on your mammo?

Vision - have you got your report yet?

You're all in my prayers

Kathy

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    edited May 2009

Woo - hoo for Kathy!Smile I'm so happy for you - now ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!!!

Isn't it crazy how we (me) read all kind of crazy things into how techs, etc, treat us during tests (like Kathy and her doctor who didn't even know she'd had the scans.) I know I've felt like they were treating me with great pity and kindness due to the scan they were giving me which was terrible, terrible, terrible. Then I find out that everything was fine - and it was all my overactive imagination. Ah. . . SCANXIETY. Nothing like it.

• mmm5
    mmm5 Member Posts: 797
    edited May 2009

I am glad I am not the only freaky lady about scans, I think if they are being nice and talking about the weather they are pitying me and don't want to scare me from what they saw, then if they avoid my eyes and don't act friendly I am worried they are scared to look me in the eye. LOL

They can' t win with me. I hate tests, scans, the most of all of this. Today I got my port out and should be so excited but got my TM's yesterday and have imagined all kinds of weird scenarios.

I hate hate hate this part, that being said I am doing better mentally than earlier this year and I do think it gets better, I never believed it could until recently.

• otter
    otter Member Posts: 757
    edited May 2009

lexis, I'm just stopping by the "Waiting Room" to say hi.  I'm not waiting for results at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be back here later this summer when I go for my onco & surgery (incl. mammo) re-check appts.

This thread was a terrific idea.  I never have been comfortable going back to the "Waiting for Results" part of the BCO boards once I had been through my dx and tx last year. 

otter 

• lexislove
    edited May 2009

mmm5..yeah for the port out! As for the TM's it could be many things. I never ask about my TM's, I just told my onc if there is something to worry about let me know. try not to worry...your alllll done!

WLL...that's fabulous news! Let's keep the B9 ball a rollin. Wink

otter..glad you have stopped by.I enjoy and have learned a lot from your posts . I go for my 3rd 3 month check in July with Zometa ect. My anxiety should start kicking in mid June...lol

I

• Gitane
    edited May 2009

Stacey,  I can't tell you how many times I had scares, bumps, lumps, aches, that turned out, I hope, not to be cancer.  Believe me, we have all been there, done that, and will be again I'm sure.

vision2020, When will you get your bone scan results? 

mm5 and lexislove,  I told my onc I don't want to know my TMs either.

suemet8749,   Medical people must know how we read things into their every inflection and expression.  Can't help it.  We are so spooked and worried.   

• anitach
    anitach Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2009

I'm coming to rest in the waiting room as well. I have PET/CT at 10:30 this morning. Dying of thirst right now since no coffee this morning! My last 3 PETs have been clean and I am praying this one will be as well. I am hoping to move forward with a surgery if all is still clear.

Please everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed. I am praying really hard!!

Thanks for the support..... Anita

• BBLady
    edited May 2009

Anitach - Hope your PET/CT goes well and is still clear. It's wonderful that you've had 3 clear ones!

Hugs & prayers,

Kathy

• fortunate1
    fortunate1 Member Posts: 467
    edited May 2009

Hello everyone. I'm glad to find the waiting room. I could have used it so many times, soooo much waiting for results or proceedures, so much fear. I didn't find the discussion boards until last month.

I've found a new lump, way over on the other side of my breast from the tumor site near a drain scar. Small and hard, surely it must be just some scar tissue. My Onc said....Hmmmmm, that wasn't there before, see the PS, maybe it's a seroma. PS said, hmmm, check with the surgeon, he might want a biopsy of that. So I need to wait until June 1st before I get to sit in his actual waiting room. Haven't seen him since the mast. But I always seem to be in a virtual waiting room, no longer quite trusting my body to be OK. It makes me angry that I can be kicked back into fear so easily.

• staceyr
    staceyr Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2009

fortunate1, I hear you.  The anxiety, the annoyance, the anger - it all sucks.  I go for my mammo on Monday, hoping my little bump is scar tissue too.

• Gitane
    edited May 2009

Anita,  Fingers crossed for a clean scan.! G.