Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Favorite Childhood Memory is.....

Options

Comments

• my3girls
    my3girls Member Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2009
    Options

Footprints....thanks...I almost forgot about my Girl scout camping days! Those truly were sooo much fun! I remember too walks in the woods at night!! Scary!!!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited June 2009
    Options

Oh, how I loved Girl Scout camp. Girl Scouts had a lot to do with the kind of woman I am. Before feminism, I knew I was strong and capable.

Leah

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2009
    Options

Remember sitting together at the fire and singing, Kombya or some like that.

and it echo at night cause it was in the mountains. I love those day, 50cents a box of cookies

• NanaOfTen
    NanaOfTen Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2009
    Options

I LOVE reading this thread. It has brought back so many many memories. Thank you, Lisa!!!

I was about 6 years old. I had on one of my favorite dresses. A large black and red plaid, fitted top, puffy sleeves with a white cuff at mid upper arm, full skirt and a white peter pan collar. I loved that dress! I wore white anklets and my white and black oxfords. LOL

I was on the back patio having a tea party with my dolls and stuffed animals. Was so much fun. I often think of that day.

Cheryl

• my3girls
    edited June 2009
    Options

Cheryl...what a pleasant memory!! Isn't it funny how we can remember certain favorite items of clothing with such detail!! Do you still have any of those stuffed animals or dolls?

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2009
    Options

I remeber wearing my black and white shoes for the first time to school,

I was so proud.  My mom made alot of our clothes cause we were poor,

But I thought they were better then the just bought ones.

On the way home we would collect bubble gum comics to get free things

sent to to us after getting so many comics collected.

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2009
    Options

I remember the time we traveled by car from California to Washington DC, We would

look for the alphabet as we travel or count certain cars. Was a long 29 cents a gallon

gas trip.

• bkc
    bkc Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2009
    Options

I remember scaring my younger cousin til he wet himself. We took him to the cemetery and told him some story about how if you make to much noise you would wake the dead and that's why they had fences around the cemetery so the dead couldn't get out. Then my brother set off some blackjacks and we all took off running. That poor boy ran through a pasture full of grass burs with no shoes on. We then told him if he walked in warm cow dung his feet wouldn't hurt any more. We were such little hellions. Put  blackjacks in red ant beds and blew them up. Put catsup on the phone and my Dad ended up with it in his ear. Asked my Mother for things while she was sleeping. She would say uhhhuu and we would take that as a yes. You know now I know why I got Sooooo many spankings.

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2009
    Options

I remember making my hand print in clay for my Mom on Mother day. In first grade.

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2009
    Options

Saving the bread to feed the ducks at the pond.

It was so cleaner and we always knew we were safe, Not now.

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2009
    Options

I remember going over a hand made walking bridge to go to school,

saw the river water every day, alot of rope bridges for walking in those days.

• lynnea
    lynnea Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2009
    Options

Looking out my bedroom window at night to the house that was up the hill and had blue christmas lights. When you squinted your eyes all the lights turned into stars!

• my3girls
    edited June 2009
    Options

I too remember squinting my eyes at our christmas tree...the lights looked so pretty that way. In fact.. I still do that every year, and so do my girls.

Wacky stickers...does anyone remember those? We would collect them all..and trade them. We could care less about the gum that went with them. They were crazy and some were very sickening..but we Loved them!!

• IllinoisNancy
    IllinoisNancy Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2009
    Options

My family went to Florida for Christmas each year to get away from the cold Chicago winters.  I remember watching the boats in the harbor with lots of Christmas lights on them going in and out of each little bay while playing Christmas songs.  It was wonderful!

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2009
    Options

I remember each Easter my family would walk up a hill were there was a cross

No one ever bother it then. And would have Easter sunrise service. In my Easter

bonnet and dress. I loved it!

• bkc
    edited July 2009
    Options

Going to the outdoor concert on the 4th of July and then later watching the fireworks. We still do that every year with the kids. Always run into people we haven't seen all year.

• footprintsangel
    edited July 2009
    Options

Having a tea party with my tea set from Japan, My Dad sent me from there.

My cat didnt care I dressed him,  He ate all the treats the dolls had.

• bkc
    edited July 2009
    Options

Thats to funny footprints. I had tea partys with  my cat Tinkerbell, Quacker the duck and Booger our dauschound. They were never very happy about being dressed up but they liked the milk and cookies.

• my3girls
    edited July 2009
    Options

I had tea parties as well..but it was either with my friends or my dolls.

I remember playing "beauty parlor" and I wanted to "frost" my dolls hair...so I used baby powder!

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited July 2009
    Options

footprintsangel..I still save bread for the ducks..lol.

I remember playing hopscotch for many hours a day...run home and eat lunch..back out to play again and then again after dinner...hours and hours of hopscotch fun.

• my3girls
    edited July 2009
    Options

hopscotch! Loved it too. I loved making them on the sidewalk or driveway with chalk..and then finding a good stone to use!

• candie1971
    edited July 2009
    Options

my3girls, we used a heel from a shoe...the shoemaker in town would  give them to us.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited July 2009
    Options

Hopscotch is also a good memory for me, except growing up in NYC we called it potsy.

Leah

• footprintsangel
    edited July 2009
    Options

How about playing Mother may I at school.

Or redlight greenlight.

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    edited July 2009
    Options

driving to Florida from Boston every summer.  My parents were teachers so they had the summer off.  We would take our time and have a blast.  7 of us in a station wagon!

• candie1971
    edited July 2009
    Options

Leah, potsy...how cool is that...

Foots, I remember those games too

Makraz, must have been fun for all of you.

Rattlesnake...is a game we played in the playground at school

• footprintsangel
    edited July 2009
    Options

How about where you dropped something behind some while everyone is in a circle.

and then they tired to catch you before you got their spot.

Kick the can too.

I wish kids would know the fun we had.

• bkc
    edited July 2009
    Options

I made houses out of boxes for my son when he was little just like my parents did for us. He loved it. He is almost 19 now and he brought his little sisters two boxes today and helped them cut holes for doors and windows and them colored them. They love them.

• footprintsangel
    edited July 2009
    Options

We did too, Thanks for the memories bkc.

• arnie
    arnie Member Posts: 922
    edited July 2009
    Options

4th of July was a special time at my parents house... All the family would come and have a large picnic... They had over an acre of land that backed up to a country shoolyard.. so the day was filled with good food, good company and baseball, badmitton and fun!