Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• mileha
    mileha Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2010

Thanks to all.

BettyE-Thanks so much for your well wishes. I think you are amazing!

If you want updates, easiest path is to add yourself to my facebook profile. PM Melinda or me and she can give you my info.

• Brenda26
    Brenda26 Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2010

Have been very busy with no time to catch up on this thread but am hoping maybe someone can let me know if there is any weight loss after stage 2.  My concern is if I lose weight with exercise and all will I also lose part of my new girls?

• camiam
    camiam Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010
    lol @hotbutt. :D

Brenda, that was one of my questions to Dr. S last week; I told him I have 20 lbs left to lose and asked will it hurt the girls. He said they will lose fat (as well as gain fat when I gain) along with the rest of my body. 
  • Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited April 2010

I know that Trishia has lost a lot of weight and her girls look incredible.  I sure hope that if I lose the chub that I have found that I will not loose the girls. 

BTW, Trishia I hope everything went well today and that it is just a pissed off node. 

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited April 2010

I've lost about 12 pounds between the lipo and my own hard work to get my body where I want it. I haven't seen any change in the breasts, but did go down about a band size in the bra as I lost some fat around my back.

For me, butt fat was always the hardest to lose, so my breasts are probably safe!

Anne

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited April 2010

Hope all is going well for you, LizR.

Good luck Mileha, LilMisMuffit, and Phoffa!

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited April 2010

Hey...if you are on Facebook, friend me!!  I have several of you awesome ladies on my FB! trishias underscore toys at hotmail dot com.

My biopsy is tomorrow, but I will take your good wishes.  I have been holding up okay, but just started crying during yoga tonight.  Thank god the lights were out and it was during the meditation part at the end.   Ugh.  I go tomorrow, my sister goes in Thursday.  My son just developed a rash from the antibiotics for his oral surgery from Friday and my hubby's boss has it out for him and he has to have a meeting with HR and the city manager this week.  ENOUGH!

ACK.  I usually don't lay it all out like that.  I really do live in gratitude daily, but I am so overwhelmed right now.  Hubby can't even take any time to take me tomorrow.  My sister is taking me, but I really wish my husband could be with me, you know?

Anyway...let's talk about something postive...weightloss!!   I've lost 25 lbs since my stage 2 and my girls have held up beautifully.  They have lost a little fullness, but not much.  I have pics on tim tam's site.  

Melinda~~  Hope all went well today.  

Sally~don't think it is something you did!  

Good luck to all the lovely ladies up this week! 

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited April 2010

Anyone here had an infected seroma?  I'm starting to wonder about mine.  I'd hoped I could simply make it to my surgery next week, but now I'm having second thoughts.  The weird thing is that there is enough numbness, that I can't really tell accurately. No temp, just feel like crud, and the general area of seroma is becoming more sensitive. Any ideas?  I may need to call them tomorrow.

• Melonda
    Melonda Member Posts: 121
    edited April 2010

Trishia- good luck tomorrow!!ANdgood luckto your sister too!!

Thanks for the well wishes but my lung thing is tomorrow too.I'm kind of terrified about them needing to do bloodwork and how badly that will hurt (veins shot as im sure many of you get) plus having a needle stuck in my lunch sounds awful.

Mileha is up tomorrow am, her hubby will be texting me. If you see this GOOD LUCK to you, your results are going to be awesome :-)

• CharlestonGirl
    CharlestonGirl Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2010

News Flash from Charleston - Liz is doing awesome! A friend and I went to see her tonight and had a small party in her room! We all toasted her and her DH and the awesome girls. (not sure what the staff will think about the empty wine bottle in the trash, but OH WELL!). We made sure Liz just had water - LOL! Both Dr. Massey & Dr. Kline have checked in on her and said everything looks great! Liz and her DH concur and they are both thrilled. Liz did the 'first day let's only walk to the bathroom' deal but I think she'll be zipping around tomorrow - her energy was wonderful and her color was great! She looks beautiful and really, really happy!

• Minnesota
    edited April 2010

Trishia - I don'tblame you for crying! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping all turns out well!

Sally - Keep us updated on how things are going for you.

Sueinfla - How are you feeling these days? I took 3 naps today! Hoping to lose one of the drains this week, but it doesn't look too good... 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited April 2010

Trishia, I'm praying for benign results for you and your sister.

And to all those with difficulties, may you heal well.

Leah

• holtbolt
    holtbolt Member Posts: 302
    edited April 2010

Trishia, Melinda, Sally....good vibes coming your way ....

Liz... so happy to hear things went well!  Nice to have friends booze it up in your room too... lucky girl! lol.

Question for anyone who can answer... do these flap boobs always feel this heavy.. even like a year out?  Or ... do they feel extra heavy in the beginning?  Mine aren't really that big ...but boy are they heavier than the originals....

Nordy... I looked at your updated pictures.. you need to be on the center's before and after page.. you look fantastic!

• Del11
    Del11 Member Posts: 398
    edited April 2010

Holtbolt: They get lighter as time goes on. A lot of the weight is swelling.

• Cat1
    Cat1 Member Posts: 128
    edited April 2010

Trishia - hoping for good results for you and your sister! 

Sally - it's great they are monitoring you so close!  Hopefully, it will start getting better so you won't have to go back but they will do what's necessary to get you the most awesome results! 

Thinking of everyone and wishing best results! 

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited April 2010

Trishia, all the best with results for you and your sister.  Also, I saw your updated photos on the picture forum and you look incredible.  25 lbs is a big accomplishment--congratulations!

Suzanne

• Minnesota
    edited April 2010

HOTbolt - Yes, as Jeskachi wrote - they definitely get lighter - will feel the same as the originals, with time.

My newest girl is HUGE! Way more swollen with skin-sparing, immediate recon than the first girl when I had delayed recon. I imagine that having the mastectomy at the same time as the recon adds to all the fluid and stuff. I'm really glad it was this big when I had my post-op or I'd be worried. But since they didn't faint at the sight of it, I'm not worried. I am very glad I got the prescription for the codeine refilled, tho!

• holtbolt
    edited April 2010

That's good to know.. I don't think mine are swollen though so not sure that's the reason for the heaviness... ?  I don't know... maybe they are.... confused... hope they aren't at 7 weeks out because they don't need to get any smaller.

• camiam
    camiam Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010

Trishia, thinking of you and your sister both.

Melinda, thinking of you, too. I hope it turns out to be way less painful/scary than it sounds.

Sally, thinking of you, too.

I had my drain pulled yesterday! It was such a relief. The drainage had gone down so low that Dr T gave the okay to have it pulled. I went to my local breast surgeon's office. He and the med student with him both stood there speechless when they saw Dr. S's recent work. Seriously, the surgeon especially just stood there with his jaw dropped for a minute, then he started asking all kinds of questions about the procedure, and when I answered him, he would just stare and shake his head in wonder. He was seriously awestruck and very impressed; he kept saying it was an amazing job. The med student was all excited b/c she'd read about the GAP and this is her first chance to see it. She loved it- she even looked up at my husband and whispered excitedly, "This is REALLY good!!" It really seemed to make their day and it sure made mine!  

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited April 2010

Holtbolt, I don't think they are still swollen.  I remember hearing that it takes some time for them to soften up and lose that heaviness.  Mine are very heavy also even though they are around the same size pre-surgery.   They feel much more dense than the originals.  (Mine were huge after surgery and have gone waaayyyy down, thank heaven, along with the rest of the swelling.)

• Del11
    edited April 2010

Well, as the heaviness subsides they might get a little smaller too. The tissue is traumatized... there's fluid and swelling throughout. The major swelling should go away in a few weeks though.

• holtbolt
    edited April 2010

thanks Jeskachi.... My stage 2 is May 21st .. I hope it's gone by then so we can get an accurate read on how big they will be....  what if they go down substantially and I have to consider an implant (which I don't wanna do)....sometimes I wonder if Stage 2 shouldn't be further out because of that kind of stuff.... but I'm eager to get this over with so I'm not delaying anything...

• Del11
    edited April 2010

I'm 5 months out (yesterday!) and I went from a DDDD right after surgery to a DD/DDD now (I side is bigger). I think both will settle in the DD range by Stage 2, and I'm assuming revisions will take them down a little bit too. I'm guessing I'll end up with a small DD or full D.  I haven't heard of anyone saying they shrunk drastically between stage 1 and stage 2.

Your stage 2 is really soon! But the docs wouldn't have scheduled you for it if they didn't think it was a realistic timeframe.  I'm not really in a rush to get things done, and I have some firmness still, so my stage 2 will probably be in the 8-11 month range.

btw, mine are still pretty heavy, but definitely lighter than they were in the beginning. They're now about the weight of the originals (36G), and still getting lighter as they soften up.

I hope you're healing well!

• sueinfl
    sueinfl Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2010

(((((((((((Trishia, Trishia's sis, Melinda, Sally, Kc)))))))))))sending healthy, healing thoughts your way.

Yay Liz and Yay Cam for getting the last drain out!

Eve, I am doing good today. Pretty much down to one nap a day and my walking is up to a very slooowww 2 miles. My slushy backside and gut are slowly starting to firm up again after months of little exercise during chemo. The dom and center bra really discourage overeating to boot. Laughing The bra also encourages my sitting and standing straighter. If I don't, the darn band really cuts into my chest. It seems like every other day I overdo stretching or lifting and resort to vicodin in the afternoon, but am down to 1/2 then and before bed. If I can ever get the go ahead for ibuprofin, that will be enough to cover the discomfort I still have.

Most of that discomfort is from how heavy the girls feel. You aren't the only one, Holtbolt. Of course, I asked to upgraded from B's to D's, so have no one to blame but myself. Because they will go down some with weight lose, I wanted a little extra to work with.  I have given myself an extra four weeks between Stage 1 and 2 to lose some of the extra 40 lbs I am carrying. That will give me and Dr. S a better idea of what will be the best size to end up with at Stage 2.  I also want to Dr. S to know how much I appreciate the extra 100 miles he goes with these procedures and how seriously I am invested in the results. Cam and I were both saying the other day how we would never have gone in for body sculpting before this on our own, but, while we have the chance, will make the most of it! Now if only I could afford a neck and eye lift to complete my transformation.  ;->

Time for that nap...

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited April 2010

For a few weeks after surgery, I was a very large and swollen D.  Now I'm more of a C, but the tissue is still very heavy.  I guess abdominal tissue is more dense than usual breast tissue.  This  makes me want to go a bit smaller for Stage 2.

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited April 2010

Well, biopsy this morning was easy peasy as far as a lumpectomy goes.  My lump was really close to the skin, so we just did it in office.  So, it is a greyish/whitish opaque nodule within the fat.  Yes...I looked at it.  I looked at my first tumor too.  This one looks different.  The doc wasn't sure what it was.  I won't have the results until Friday or Monday.  I hope it's Friday.  I'm not very good about waiting. 

• bennetts1
    bennetts1 Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2010

Trishia,

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Hopefully you will get B9 results.  We all know the wait is terrible.  I sure hope you get the results on Friday and don't have to wait until Monday!

Take Care!

Sandy B.

• Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited April 2010

Trishia hoping for something like a stitch. I wanted to lok at my tumor and my breast surgeon laughed at me and said it really isn't impressive. I think she thought I was crazy. Glad it was easy and I am praying for a B-9 reason.

My new girls are heavier BUT I d not mind it too much.

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited April 2010

(((((Trishia))))) You are in my thoughts and prayers,....and I just sent a message on facebook at add you as a friend.

kcshreve I would definitely call them.

Got a question for any of you that have had issues and had to go back once or more between Stage 1 and 2 - How long do things stay swollen?  I had this lattisimus flap done on 2/10 and still swollen under arm and towards back.  Breast still has large black "scab" on it, and I know the flap was rotated around from the back which would definitely make it worse, but not sure at what point I need to think this is maybe fluid vs swollen tissue.  I hate to keep bugging Janine more than I already do, so thought I would ask here first.... 

• sallym
    sallym Member Posts: 180
    edited April 2010

Trishia  You have prayers coming your way. Hoping it is nothing. Just heard back from Jeanine, Dr Dellacroce looked at pics sent today and said I am healing better and that they will bring me back in a week or so to excise (not sure what that completely means) and redo incision. I guess I just thought I would feel better as I am over 3 weeks out. I can get rid of a drain tommorrow so that is good news. I have to send more pics on Monday. Jeanine told me to stop wearing the binder because Dr D thought it was too tight. But I walk like a 90 year old with out it. Any suggestions??