Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• melaniew1
    melaniew1 Member Posts: 209
    edited September 2009

PLAINJANE - Definitely going to ask about when I can golf again, hoping a Thanksgiving round is in  my future  Wink  After my BX, I was "lightly" chipping in 10 days....but I probably should not have.  This time, better do EXACTLY as they say...dont want to risk anything that would injure the new ta-tas.  (GRIN)

Jen its all you this time NEXT WEEK! Can you believe it?  We are gonna have a great dinner with you, have you picked a place yet?  We are trying to check them ALL out before you get here. GRIN.   CAFE DU MOND...MMMMMMMMMMMMM, best coffee EVER!  You will love it.  Checking out Emeril's tonight. Gosh I hope he is there.  My daughter is flipping out, she is a BIG food network junkie and LOVES LOVES LOVES her some Emeril.  Must run to pick my BFF up at the airport.  Love to all xxoo Mel

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited September 2009

Wishing you the Best Tomorrow Melanie!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited September 2009

Thinking of you Mel!!

Ginnie, your family is lovely! I hope you are resting well at the Lodge or Hotel.... Take it easy! But I've heard walking gets rid of the body swelling, and it seemed to help me, just sayin!

Trisha, hope you are okay!!! Trisha is our "Stage 2" girl.... Hope you look fab.... 

Airport/surgical drains: Ladies, I think the botton line is you should ASK during your post surgical appt for an "airport / surgical drain" letter. They apparently have them there at the center, but perhaps don't hand them out as a matter of course. I tell you, i will be asking for one for phase 2 in Dec! :)

I had a bit of a scare last night. Going to bed and checking out "the girls", One breast, on the outside and under, was a grayish/purple color! You know how they keep asking us to check the color. It was not cool, and not hard, but looked bruised. So went to bed and I think i prayed all night. In the morning, it was nearly back to normal. I called first thing in the morning, and eventually spoke with Janine, (the surgical assistant) and she felt I was too many days out to have something "bad" happen at this point, and thought it was a bruise. (But you know, bruises don't come and go in a matter of hours!). I wonder if the bra they provided was too tight, I wore a loose sports bra to bed. Maybe the skin is very "tender" and easily traumatized?

Anyway, I've been told you'd get a fever, and the breast would be very hard, uncomfortably hard, besides feeling cool and changing color. So I think I am safe! But really!!!! I could do without the color changing DRAMA!!!

If anybody has insight about color changes, let us know... That was scarey!!!

Go Mel!!!

spring. 

• Dragonfly1976
    Dragonfly1976 Member Posts: 1,552
    edited September 2009

Springtime, sorry to hear about your color scare!! I have no experience in this matter, YET!!! As my mastectomy isn't until next week, recon in the spring. Anyway, your post prompted me to ask the what if? When I talked to family about going to NOLA for recon they were all very nervous about what if something goes wrong when I get home, infection, etc.... They are worried no one local would see me. How does that work, does anyone know?

• happy29
    happy29 Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2009

Hello,

SPring , that sounds scary. I do notice different bruises and some color changes since I have been home. I had a huge hematoma (almost needed to go back in O.R.) on right side(not interfering with flap-thank God)  this has caused many color changes (yellow,red,purple,dark blue) and swelling. I was told to look for redness, hotness, and a fever -all are signs to call doctor. Also spring My first bra was too tight and the seam caused an indentation . I found an open hooked front sports bra at Kamrt in size 38 and I feel better. I know someone that slept without her compression bra week two and her incision opened up. FYI

Dragonfly, Sounds like you have made some good decisions. I am excited for you and hope you are feeling well. I spoke before my surgery with my local Breast surgeon, that had done two lumpectomies on me. I let him know my decision and how I was not happy that I could not use him but felt it was the best for me. He was understanding and told me he could help me in any way when I returned(including removing the drains) . I met with him this morning(two weeks and 3 dayspost-op)  He looked at evrything for me and assured me all looks well. My DH and I are relieved. The down side of not having Dr Allen local is not being able to run to him to see me.Although they have been very helpful when I call with questions and have even emailed them pics of any concerns.

My Breast surgeon was very impressed and helpful . My relationship will continue with him because double mastectomy is not a %100 sure thing of no recurrance. I still need him to monitor me. He also prescribed me pain pills.  

Another great thing about the flap is if something goes wrong it happens within the first three days or so -when you are still there in their care. Remember if you get an infection- it is all your body's natural tissue that helps fight it off with an antibiotic. No need to remove the foreign matter and it is not catastrauphic!  Good luck on your mastectomy next week.

Happy

• Dragonfly1976
    edited September 2009

Happy, thanks so much for all that information! That will help put my mind at ease, and my family :) I am getting more and more nervous for my surgery next week but know it's what must be done!!!!

Glad you're doing good on your road to recovery!!!

• plainjane64
    plainjane64 Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2009

Dragonfly, ditto.

I talked w/ my breast surgeon as well as the local PS saying I had scheduled the surgery w/ someone else.  The BS I asked if I could still follow w/ her, she said "absolutely, anything you need".  The PS I had consulted about the same time as I had a date for consult and surgery at Nola.  I e-mailed him(because he'd previously told me it was ok to) and just said I felt very comfortable w/ you, blah blah blah but that I had scheduled w/ another PS the day before his office called me.  He then e-mailed back "good luck w/ all, nice to see you again too and if there was anything" I needed please do not hesitate to call them.  I have a lot of respect for both these MD's and certainly didn't want to burn bridges or insult....also  just the reality these are my people at home and I will rely on them in the future and for other issues.

• Dragonfly1976
    edited September 2009

Thank you so much!! I was curious also because there is no on in Oregon that does the DIEP. There are a couple in Washington, so not sure who'd I go to if there were complications. I will just plan for not having them :) Good luck to you, can't wait to hear how your experience goes!!

• Dejaboo
    edited September 2009

Does anyone just line up a PCP at home if they need a DR.

I am not sure how my 2 PS I have consulted with after my 1st PS Symmastia...Would feel about helping me if needed.

I have not seen my BS since my BLM 1.5 yrs ago.

But my PCP of 10 years left last Oct.  I have seen someone new...I like her...But not thrilled with her care- although I have only seen her twice.  Once for my yearly check up...And she did not do a breast exam...Which after BLM is still important to me.   And the other was for a Pre Op Surgery.   So she just did what needed to be done.

I really have no Idea who to have on hand for after this surgery.

Pam

• plainjane64
    edited September 2009

You're very welcome.  I know Dr. Massey I think requires a 'helper doctor'.  Probably someone else can tell you more about that, like Warrior or Anne W.  Dr DellaCroce is doing my surgery.  I do like the concept/idea of a helper....  Mostly I just wanted to know my people at home were on board and they very much are. So I did truly make a point(out of respect, and to cover my own butt) to bring this up on my last round of visits when all the dates/plans were coming together.  I'm actually scheduled to see my BS the week after I return....This was actually initially scheduled way back w/ the mamo/ MRI (THAT I DON'T HAVE To HAVE!).  I think my med onc said the plan would be alternate her and BS one every 6 mos.  I can NOT wait to go 6 mos until another 'visit' w/ NONE in between!

So I talked w/ Melanie last pm and her time changed to 7am she sounded absolutely wonderful!  I am so glad she's doing this.  I think she's going to have her husband update us on here maybe later? or as soon as she could.  She made no qualms about how she'd be up and about asap.  She said they have scoped out the whole Big Easy and know they're way around have driven all over.  She's going to do great!  I did fail to ask if she was going to ask for any affirmations tho!(lol)

So Stephanie (macksix6) and I will also hook up on Moday, I CAN'T WAIT!  Really looking forward to meeting you!

Today is my last day of work for a while(woo hoo!).  Last pm said goodbye to several who are off today.  They are so intrigued and think it's so cool about all my 'friends' I'm going to meet and have been staying in touch w/.   Many of them even know about the shared quest for the Marcia bikini body and are jealous! 

Spring, scary stuff-so glad things are better!

I'm bringing a camera and am still setting up a caringbridge site so I can keep in touch w/ friends from work, church, etc.  More on that when I make it happen.

Everyone have a fabulous wednesday!

• plainjane64
    edited September 2009

Pam we must have been typing at the same time...... I don't think any of this  is a requirement.  But in my opinion , and FOR ME just  a prudent thing to do.  The people I wanted on board were the ones I felt comfortable w/ who know my history and  I am already following w/.  If I didn't like those docs I'd find new ones that I could communicate openly w/ and hopefully have good continuity w/.  That really does contribute to better care for me AND better outcome.  Sorry to be all philosophical.......I've been on both sides of this as a nurse and now as a patient and honestly I am a much better nurse than patient!  Use MD's you like, trust and can communicate w/....ok, sorry, I'm stopping now!

xoxo,

jennifer

• Dejaboo
    edited September 2009

Thanks Jennifer,

Keep Talking.  All is helpful.

Dr Massey is my PS so I will need to find a helper Dr before hand (which is a good idea anyways)  I just am not sure who I want. 

Hopefully I will need no one- but someone to pull my drains.

Good Luck packing this week.

Pam

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited September 2009

I used my original breast surgeon for my Helper Doctor. She was more than willing to work with me, and she sent a good progress note to Dr. Massey. I only used her once, fortunately--to pull one drain. My hubby pulled the other one.

If you run into complications/issues, it's good to have some kind of provider on board to help out. But in my experience, Dr. Massey is just a phone call away, or an email away for photos. If you end up in the ER for some reason, the docs there can call her.

Anne

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Hi all, color looking fine, just wanted to report in!

When I had bilateral Mx with immediate implants  in Nola last Dec (as placeholders to get me through rads) I did have a doc locally lined up to remove drains in case my DH could not manage it. However, he did fine. So this time I didn't "line any body up" -- I know Dr. Massey told me she does not have family members remove drains, (because when I was being discharged from the hospital, and she was removing my two breast drains, my DH asked if she would explain what she was doing, since he'd have to remove them at home. Dr. Massey was not aware family members removed drains) but the CRBS surgeons/office suggest this, or you can get a local Dr. I also had my GP say she would do it. I think there is no shortage of "local help" if you need it, but smart to plan for it! 

About "something going wrong". I think we are in town (there in New Orleans) for the several days or week plus past surgery, and I expect (and what I read above) if something was going to "happen bad" it would happen within that time. I've heard many stories, though, of women who were flown back to NOLA for follow up when warranted (like an incision that would not close, etc).  Apparently, the practice pays for the flights and hotels. Just sayin! Hope nobody here needs this!

Happy, Thanks for the info on the tight bras, above.  I had a friend locally who is 3 weeks ahead of me (NOLA Lumbar) and she had the same sort of "color change" happen when she wore a tighter sports bra one day. So ladies, i guess keep this in mind for the early, post op, recovery days! Loose bras!

Today is Melanie. I hope Jenn you or her DH post and let us know she is okay. Jenn and Stephanie, you ladies are "on deck" !!!!

I have great news to report! My one remaining Ab drain is ready to come out! Less than 20cc's for 2 days in a row. When DH comes home this afternoon, out that sucker comes! I'll just have the two butt drains left then, and they are hovering their output in the low 30's. I was told when the butt drains are 2 days below 30cc, they can come out. Or maybe I still have to wait a minimum of 3 weeks. I'll call to make sure. 

Spring. 

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited September 2009

Ahhhhh,.... Spring! I am so jealous that your hip drains may be coming out soon!!! I called them this morning in an effor to lose one - but they still want to dble check w/Dr. S!!! I am glad that your color is good! I have been bruised up so don't worry about the color too much as long as both sides match! I do notice that the left side tends to be a little cooler at times, but I also wear a lymphedema sleeve on the right which tends to keep everything warmer on that side in general. I do a better check when I am covered up on both sides - then they are always the same.

I do want to clarify one thing that was mentioned above, however. While it is true that most complications with the flaps do occur within the first 3 days, there is still possibility of failure outside of that. It is very rare, but I have one friend that was flown back 3 weeks out due to flap failure. She said it was most likely an issue that was there earlier on, but did not become apparent until that far out. I am just clarifying this because I don't want people to brush off the D/C instructions that your MD gives you thinking that you are in the clear at 3 days post op. These instructions include things like no lifting greater than 10 pounds, no sleeping on your stomach or your side (back only), no high impact aerobic exercise and no weight training. Most of these are in affect for 6 weeks. Dr. Massey has a very thorough list on her website and Dr. S sends you home with a list. Please know that I am not telling you all this to scare you!!! I just want everyone to have success, so want you to know that the d/c instructions are there for your benefit!!! Okay, everyone sick of my diatribe now? 

Mel - I am with you in spirit today! I hope all is going well! 

Jenn and Stephanie... woooohooooooooo!!!! Next week, this is all YOU! 

My question now is, when all of us are finished, where are we going to meet for a girls tata graduation get together?

• Dragonfly1976
    edited September 2009

Thank you ladies for answering my "what if" question. I feel better, and know my family will feel better knowing this. I really like my breast surgeon here in town so I really don't think she'd have a problem with helping me if she could afterwards. I appreciate the honesty from everyone, rather have all the facts than be surprised IF something comes up!

• happy29
    happy29 Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2009

Thanks Nordy for clarifying my post about flaps being fine after they are successful first three days. It is rare but we always do need to follow the instructions of the Doctor. We are our best advocates!

You sound great, Nordy!!! BEst to all of us post op and all coming up!!!

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited September 2009

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for all the well wishes and posts checking up on me!  I'm so glad everyone is doing so well and healing up!!!  Sorry I didn't post from the hotel, every time I went to log on to type, I would end up falling asleep...LOL! I am home now.  I got home yesterday afternoon and have been recouping from the flight.

Before I get into the details of my stage 2 experience, let me say, the results are amazing!  Dr. Sullivan is an artist and how he has shaped my body is so fantastic!  So keep this in mind when I type out all the details, because some of them aren't' pretty!  Also, I was a lot heavier than many of you, so your stage 2's will differ than mine I am sure.

Thursday I went to register at Southern Surgical in Slidell.  The hospital and staff were very nice.  It is a small, specialty hospital, so it was very clean. However, it felt like a hospital.  St. Charles doesn't.  I just kept reminding myself that Dr. Sullivan would create the best results no matter where the surgery was at.

Then I headed to the Center for my pre-op.  We were way early, so we went to Zea's for lunch.  Their corn grits are to die for...and I hate grits!!  Then I went to St. Charles to visit my nurses from Stage 1.  It was SO awesome to see them!!!  Jaime and Alicia especially.  I spent about an hour visiting and then went down to my pre-op.

The clinic was busier than I had ever seen it!  I recognized Beverly right off the get go!!!  She looked AMAZING!!!   I also was able to meet Dani.  It is such a special treat to get to meet these ladies in person.

I had ordered silicone stick on nipples back in May getting ready for stage 2.  I haven't had nipples in 17 years, and I wanted to make sure that I would be happy with the placement and size, since I really had nothing to go on.  I wore those to my pre op.  Dr. Sullivan LOVED them!!!  He had Dr. D, Liz, and Jeanine all come look at them.  I emailed the company I got them form to Liz.  He even had me wear them to surgery.  I wouldn't be surprised if they start offering them to their patients who need them.

After that Dr. Sullivan started marking me like CRAZY with his blue marker.  My sister said he looked like an artist!  I agree with her 100%...he takes one look at your body and knows just what to do to make it look superb, but still like you.  My dog ears on my hips were pretty big, so he asked me if he could excise them surgically instead of lipo them to get the best result.  He told me I'd have additional scarring.  Same thing for the fat under my arms.  Of course, I said yes.  I trust him completely.   He circled all the areas that he would lipo and really focused on my upper abdomen.  I was pretty uneven from stage 1.  He was going to inject a lot of fat into the hallow area above my left breast (the radiated side). He also injected something to flatten out my scars that are starting to cord and keloid.  We talked about my ab scar widening and decided to inject there too and not re-open it.  So no ab drains!  Wooohooo!  Only breast drains.

Liz came in (the first time I met her!) and explained the lipo procedure and that I would be extremely swollen afterwards.  I guess they inject the lipo sites with a mixture of saline, lidocaine, and heparin to help prevent complications and clotting.  So between that, the bruising and the IV fluid, you are pretty swollen up!  She said it takes a good month or two for you to see results and most ladies can't even fit into their pants right at first.  It was a good heads up. 

After that my sister and I spent the evening walking the Quarter.  Had to have an iced coffee and beignets at Café Du Monde, of course!  Had a tarot card reading.  And then had the most fabulous dinner and Bayonna!  It was amazing!!!

I had a WAY harder time with the actual surgery for stage 2.   I had extreme nausea for the first 16 hours or so.  They had to give me IV nausea meds every 4 hours, and I still felt wacked out.  This didn't happen with stage 1.  I only had 1 bout of nausea and that was it.   I had the nurse take the catheter out and got up about midnight.  I am one of those patients who HATES lying in the bed.  I need to get out as soon as I can.  I don't think the nurse agreed with me, but oh well!  Another difference in the two facilities for me. 

My girdle was twisted, so we had to undo it and fix it.  This was HELL!!!  I have a really high pain tolerance, but when she was clasping it up and digging her knuckles into my sides, I about threw up and started crying.  The next day, my new nurse showed us how to do it so that didn't happen.  Thank goodness!!!!!! 

I was finally hungry and able to keep something down at about 8 am.  Almost a full 24 hours from surgery.  I felt much better after that and walked up and down the hall a couple of times.  The pain, to me, was worse than stage 1.  I felt tight and worn out after stage 1, but I didn't hurt or ache.  I actually hurt with stage 2.  The pain pump was my friend!

For lunch I walked down to their little dining area and sat to eat.  I was nice to move around.  After lunch I had my first shower.  Now, I was scared to see myself!  I wasn't expecting much difference after Liz's talk.  The first time I saw myself naked, I was like "Holy Sh*t!!!  I look AMAZING!!!!"  LOL!!!  I seriously did.  Yes, I have about 4 feet of new incision and the bruising on my hips and under my arms was ugly....but my mid section and upper stomach were transformed!!!!!  I have no rolls or bulges and a beautiful hour glass shape!  I said right there that it was worth the pain and nausea!!!  And I had nipples!!!  For the first time in 17 years!!!  

I got out of the hospital about 2.  My IV had infiltrated into my muscle.  So my left hand and forearm was twice the size of my right arm.  My nurse assured me it would go down, but it freaked me out.  In all of my surgeries (this was number 13 I think); I have never had that happen!  They asked if I wanted to stay another night, but I was ready to get out of there!!!  

They gave me percocet for pain.  The nurse gave me one right when I was discharged.  I took one more 4 hours later.  I have had percocet before, but it had been years since I took it.  Well, it totally wigged me out!  I was shaky and easily startled and couldn't sleep!   I decided to quit the pain meds and switch to 2 tylenol every 3-4 hours.  I know, I am crazy right?!?!  Lipo is one of the most painful things.  But like I said, I have a really high pain tolerance and that is what I did for my first mastectomy, since I was pregnant at the time.

I was finally able to sleep the next day and night.  That's why I didn't post much!  Sunday morning I walked to Café Beignet for breakfast, walked the hall of the hotel and about 10 minutes on the treadmill for lunch, and then spent an hour an a half shopping in the Quarter in the evening.  I was exhausted!!  But it feels really good to move around.  So make sure you do some walking every few hours after your surgery.  I also drank a TON of water!  It helped to flush all the crap out of my system quickly and keep my swelling down.

My sister unfortunately got sick.  So I learned to do up my own girdle pretty quick.  I took a natural laxative that kicked it on Monday morning!  It was a prune and senna one.  I had forgotten to bring my Smooth Move tea.  You can urinate with the girdle on, but not have a BM.  I am PRAYING I don't catch her cold!  And I hope it's not the Swine Flu!  

The rooms at the hotel were REALLY small!  So even though I washed my hands and didn't touch or use anything she had, I was SO exposed!  ACK!

My post op was on Monday.  One of my nipples isn't doing so well.  Dr. Sullivan said it is extremely rare to have necrosis of a nipple made from your own flesh, but it appears it is happening on the left side.  We will have to wait and see.  There is nothing I can do to prevent it.  I am wearing the nipple protectors and keeping it dry.  They look pretty freaky right at first!  Then the left one is half purplish/black.  I am hoping for the best.  One of my hip incisions was a little red and inflamed, so they have me a shot of antibiotics...which hurt like hell!  LOL!!  He also removed my breast drains.  YIPEEE!!!

The flight home was uneventful, but hard on me.  I was in more pain that I had been.  Sitting for long periods is hard on me! 

My hubby couldn't believe how good I looked, even with the new incisions and the bruising.  He was SO impressed!  I will post pics on Tim Tam's site in my thread soon.  I have a pretty good photo journal going, and want to keep it up.  

Hope everyone is continuing to heal nicely!!!!  My sister finally got to understand the experience we all have when we go to the Center for Restorative Breast Surgery.  It is like nothing else.  The sense of calm and the way they make you feel is amazing.  The quality of care and their genuine concern for you goes beyond any other medical experience.  It's so hard to explain unless you are there.  I'm glad she gets it now.

Everyday I am thankful that I was able to be healed by Dr. Sullivan and his colleagues and staff.  It was worth the 17 year wait.

• Dragonfly1976
    edited September 2009

Trishia, I am so glad to read your post and see you're on the road to recovery. I can't believe you were up and around so much after stage 2. Course what do I know, I haven't even had my mastectomy yet :) Almost a week away!! I love how you were so detailed in your post and it really just reafirms my decision that this will be the place I have my reconstruction at! What is Tim Tam's site?

• HopeForBest
    HopeForBest Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2009

Dear Trisha,

Congratulations for going through Stage II successfully. I was following up this link with inerest. Thanks for the detailed description too.

Congratualations to Spring, Warrior and all brave survivors! We are brave, we are strong, we can resist anything and live. Let's keep on what we doing, winning.

Am also NOLA girl. had stage I in July and planning to go in October for Stage II.

Hugs,

Hope

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Nordy, Thanks for the clarification.... here's to hoping all these flaps stay healthy and pink and soft and warm!! Good advice to follow the instructions carefully....  I need to keep this in mind. I tend to go too far too fast after surgery. I think your warning was meant for me to hear!!! HEARD!!

Trisha!!! My goodness what a GREAT UPDATE!!! I just loved loved loved all that detail!! Thank you!!!

I had no idea that lipo-suction would hurt so much afterwards OR that we'd be all blown up for 1-2 months after. This is good to know going in. I had to die thinking about all the Dr's and office folk coming in to see your "fake" nipples! LOL!!! And to think I saw them in the "flesh" -- ar ar ar.  So, it sounds like your results will just keep getting better and better! I think the walking you are doing and lots of fluids will "de puff" you as quickly as is possible.  If you have 2 months of "deflating" do to, imagine how you will feel and look after 1-2 more months!!! 

So, he took fat from under your arms. Did you get an incision there then too? I am *really* hoping for liposuction an the insides of my knees. I know this sounds nuts, but I have this fat there that I would *love* to be rid of. Sounds like they may just "go for the fat" wherever they can find it??

So Trisha, do you know what is involved in lowering of the AB incision line? Would they need to "open it up" again? I had not thought that would be on the table, but hearing your description above about what they were weighing for you, seems like it might be....

Here's to healthy ta-ta's for all and hour glass figures, like our Trisha!!!  :)

Spring. 

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Hope,

Would you report back in after your stage 2? You can see several of us are doing stage 2 in December. Trisha's update was fantastic. Hearing from you as well would be so helpful!!

• HopeForBest
    HopeForBest Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2009

Spring,

I will. It is nice of you to report your progress on this site. I wish you and all in the same journey quick recovery.

By the way you look cute on the picture.

Regards,

Hope

• Trishia
    edited September 2009

Spring,

It was hilarious seeing the doc's reaction to the nipples!  I do have new incisions under my arms.  But, again, that is because I am on the heavier side.  Most women I have talked to have lipo in that area.  As far as the lowering, from speaking with my friend, yes, they opened the incision back up.  She had one ab drain in for about 10 days.  I really don't know too much more about it. As far as the lipo goes...ask!!!!  You are pretty thin, so it's not like they will have a lot of work to do...LOL! 

Hope,

I'm glad that was helpful to you!  I know I was always searching for anything that would prepare me for each stage!  You will do great!! 

Dragonfly~

TimTam's site is a photo site for BC sisters.  Search for her username and send her a request for access.  It is protected, so all the photos are safe! 

• Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited September 2009

Hi Girls! Ginnie..I hope you are feeling well! When do you get discharged? We are praying for you!

Mel- Go get em tiger

Soccermom-TY for the great idea.

Jennifer- Glad to hear you are taking some time...go get a pedi on Friday :)

I had to see my Plastic Surgeon today because my left hip drain was very uncomfortable..red and irritated. The good news is that is was not infected  but irritated. He went ahead and removed it, but I still have one on the right that will pick up the slack for the removed one. So..down to one hip drain! Yeah!! I need to go put my spanx on now. I had it off for a good part of the day because I knew I would be seeing the dr....

Spring- hope you are feeling well and all is warm! lol

• Dragonfly1976
    edited September 2009

Trishia - Sorry to be a pest, not sure what I'm doing wrong but I did a search for "TimTam" under the member list but it's not pulling up her profile? I tried it as Tim Tam, TimTam, and TimTams?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,897
    edited September 2009

I just want to chime in with another option for removing drains--a visiting nurse.  I am a visiting nurse (when I'm not teaching) and I routinely pull drains, remove staplles and stitches, change dressings, take blood samples, take cultures, call detailed reports to doctors both locally and out of state.  Most insurances have some level of home health or visiting nursing benefits.  You can have a nurse come just once, say to remove a drain, or a few times to help keep an eye on things.  When a patient has commercial insurance (like Blue Cross, not Medicare or Medicaid) doctors often don't think about home care services unless the patient asks. 

• Trishia
    edited September 2009

Dragonfly~I just checked my PM's...it's Timtam .  Sorry!

• Dragonfly1976
    edited September 2009

Ok, thanks! I just pm'ed her!

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited September 2009

Tishia,

Thanks SO MUCH for your Stage 2 report!! I just haven't heard too much about Stage 2. Mine is Nov 16, for my SGAP, in Charleston. I am expecting just one night's stay, and don't think I'll do nipples yet. I HATE getting sick post-op. I think there's only been one time that I didn't puke at least once!

I can't wait to get the love handles gone! Every time I put on one of my clingy workout tops, I tell myself that the roll will be gone soon, and I will fight to keep it off! If I'm going through that much pain, I don't want the fat to come back!! I see some lifestyle/diet changes in my near future. I've gooten a bit sedentary since Stage 1...

Thanks again!

Anne