Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited September 2009

Warrior! I am sooo jealous that you have lost a drain!!! I called the office today and they want me to wait until Monday and then check back with them. This right hip drain has been nothing but trouble for the last 2 weeks... now I have 5 more days with it! UGH! I just have to keep reminding myself that it is for the better good... Laughing

I just want to clarify that in my last post I mistakenly wrote that you could not sleep on your stomach or back! Oops, I meant you cannot sleep on your stomach or side! You must sleep on your back only. I edited it up there, but if anyone read it before just now, they must be wondering if I have gotten my wires crossed! Sorry!

Tricia - so good to hear you are doing well and home!!! Hurray!

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited September 2009

LOL- Funny Nordy.

I was going to ask if we were supposed to sleep standing up Wink

I hope that drain gives you no more problems & Comes out Monday!

Trishia- Thanks for the Good write up on stage 2.  I hope your 1 nip hangs on & turns out ok for you.

Spring glad your color is good again.

Pam

• happy29
    happy29 Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2009

Hi -

I am almost three weeks post op- and my legs drains are becoming irritating and annoying. I measured 60 cc and 50 ccs on the other leg today. SO the numbers are decreasing. I was so agitated just now that I had to calm myself down in my head to not panic and pull them out myself. I know this sounds crazy but they are starting to freak me out.

Anyone out there that can relate? 

I am hoping that maybe just maybe I only have less than a week left with them in???

I am tired of being out of comission and being at home.

Ayoen with tug or Gap flaps know howlong I should expect these drains to be in?

Happy (Joy)

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited September 2009

hey girls  i have been at the hotel since sunday have final follow tomorrow.  This kicked my butt more than I thought it would   I know i havent walked as mch as they would like me to.  breast drains arent putting out much all  we' ll see tomorrow when they see me.

Did get good news on path reports.  all the nodes were clear and there were precancerous cells in the left breast, so i def made the correct choice with the bi-lat  Ok sweeties....got to get my tatas to bed,lol will post after dr tomorrow

• plainjane64
    plainjane64 Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2009

Gosh, waay too much to comment on.

Trishia, nice to hear from you, glad you're ok and YES, thank you for the glimpse.......

Bev,Nordy, Warrior you all sound good.

Ginnie, I wanted to ask about your path but was waiting for you to bring up the topic.  Rest, relax, heal- all the badness is out!

Joy, hang in there!  I've been so tuned into DIEP/GAP, but your flap is VERY interesting and I bet your result will be great.  Please continue to keep us up. 

Ok, I'm officially on leave from work now.............very tired, going to bed, but thrilled!  Tons to do but Oh so much easier when off work!

goodnight!xoxo,

jennifer 

• plainjane64
    edited September 2009

Oh yeah Nordy.............graduation....yes, let's do!  How much fun would that be!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited September 2009

Trisha, thanks --- so much info! Yes, don't worry, I will sure ask a lot of Q's about lipo! 

I am happy to report that my "color" has remained good, and warm, and soft... so I think all is well. I did 4 "laps" around our back yard yesterday!

Has anyone heard from Melanie?  Jennifer, how are you feeling.... you're next on the list girl!!!  Surprised  No longer working!!! Woot!

Ginnie! Great news on the path reports!!!

Spring. 

• anniese
    anniese Member Posts: 69
    edited September 2009

Spring & Warrior - I noticed on the list above that Warrior is listed for Stage 2 on December 8th in Chicago w/Dr. Massey........I'm scheduled for Stage 2 on December 8th in New Orleans with Dr. Massey.  Unless she's cloned herself (and, if so, please tell me how to do this!!!!) there is no way this can be possible.  I did double check with Ashely (Dr. Massey's coordinator) and my date and location is indeed accurate..... 

Trisha - thanks so much for your detailed post on the Stage 2 surgery.  I've been wondering about this surgery so much while sitting here recouping from Stage 1!  The idea of being swollen up for 1 to 2 months is NOT appealing, but having things look really good afterwards IS!

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited September 2009

Well, I caught my sister's head/chest cold.  CRAP!  I called the Center last night and spoke with Dr. Trahan.  He called in a script for Tamiflu.  I hope it keeps it to a minimum. 

I feel really worn out now and it sucks not being able to breathe!  I had to go into work for a couple of hours to do payroll.   The drive was rough on my backside.  I think I am more sore because of this dang cold.  

Okay...going to lie and the couch and recoup. 

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Anise & Warrior:  uh oh!!! Anise I will add you to the list, and Warrior, maybe I put your stage 2 date incorrectly? 

Trisha, yikes, the flu???  Glad you got the Tamiflu! I can't imagine working right now.

Today I took a shower around 11AM, we went out for lunch, Wal-Mart for a newer looser bra, and then home for a nap. A very *low energy* day to mark 2 weeks post op!

Today we took out the last "doppler wire" that  would not come out for Dr. D last week. He told us to wait a week and try again. Luckily, it popped out this time. The undersides of my breasts are so so so tender and sore....  This is my sorest spot!

Spring.  

• happy29
    edited September 2009

Hi Spring

You sound good! a Shower and lunch! 

The undersides of my breasts were also soo sore and tender. I think teh past few days they have been better. last week -I kept having DH look under there for an infection but all was clear.

Get some good rest!

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Happy, how many weeks out are you? I need a target for "starting to feel better" under the breasts!!!

• happy29
    edited September 2009

Spring thanks for the PM

I am three weeks post op tomorrow. I have not thought about the under the breast pain in about 4 days.

• anniese
    anniese Member Posts: 69
    edited September 2009

Spring - I had horrible under the breast pain on my left side until I hit 3 1/2 weeks.  Then one day (3 days after my 3 week mark) I woke up and realized that pain was better and that I had some extra energy.  That was a week ago.  I've had down days since then - espeically yesterday with the period returning after so long - but overall that seems to have been a turning point for me.  Hoping that in another week I'll feel almost back to normal.  Have to get back to work soon!

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

OKay, I have another week or two with this horrible "under the breast" pain, it sounds like! good to know, I do better knowing there is an "end in sight"....  I have tried a million different bras, nothing helps. even no bra, though that is the closest to feeling better. 

It will all be worth it in the end!!! I know this, I know this, I know this.... (repeat!)

Spring. 

• happy29
    edited September 2009

Spring I so understand the only relief was unhooking the bra . But only give it air open for a short time- I know someone that slept without the bra and her incisions opened up. This caused many complications.

It will get better!

• Nordy
    edited September 2009

That is funny that you say that happy - I had a dream about a week ago that I opened up my bra and the flaps fell off! OMG... what a nightmare! In reality, I think they are on there good, but you know what effect dreams can have on you sometimes! I am still sleeping in my surgical bra and wearing it pretty much 24/7. I know they said it could come off after 2 weeks, but I just want to be on the safe side with everything, so am waiting for the 6 week mark to just go nuts and not wear a bra at all... LOL. I am 4 weeks out as of today, so 2 more to go... chug chug chug... I think I can,  I think I can

(Obviously I hang out with my kids too much... )

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Nordy, flaps falling off! LOL!!! Dreams are so insane! But I don't blame you at all!!! 

When will we start having dreams that we're standing on beaches in bikini's with sunset behind us, our hair whipping in the breeze??? 

• Dejaboo
    edited September 2009

I have my Date!

Nov 5th in NOLA with Dr Massey & Dr Sullivan Assisting.

I am very excited!

So what causes this under the breast pain?

Hope it gets better soon Spring

Trishia- Sorry to hear you are sick.  I sure hope you feel better soon.

So last night I rolled over to my side to go to sleep...Dh rubs my butt & I said. "Oh I get a Butt rub...I mean a Boob Rub? Surprised "

yes I do have a sick sense of humor.

Pam

• LindaG47
    LindaG47 Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2009

Pam

I am scheduled for Nov.12 with Dr. Massey in SC.  You will be heading to the hotel while I am just starting out. Stop in to see me.  I know someone else that is scheduled on the 17th.  She must book these just days apart and probably goes to NOLA in between.  I don't know who my assisting doc is.  I will contact Jenny tomorrow. 

Spring -   How you doing girlfriend?  Is is all worth it.  Hope that breast pain goes away soon.  It takes pains to be beautiful.....lol!

Warrior- What's your post op days like?  Hope you are feeling better.

Linda

• LindaG47
    edited September 2009

Warrior- OK, do you have to wear Spanx because you had a GAPflap?  Man or man, I can't even imagine.  I have a hard time with those when I've got no pain.......they are the pain.LOL!  Hope you're healing well.......Linda

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited September 2009

Hi girls...I've got my date too--January 5!  Very happy to finally have a date.  Now it's waiting for the insurance approval, then just getting necessary screenings, etc. 

Trishia, you are the first person I've seen who has mentioned Dr. Trahan.  Does he assist the primary physicians at NOLA or does he do the procedures too?  I see him on the website, but I've never read anything about him here.  (Sorry to hear you caught the cold!)

All of you who have just had DIEP/GAP procedures...congratulations on your surgeries!  I wish you all well.  I'll be a few months behind you, Lord willing!

• Nordy
    edited September 2009

Dejaboo, you are SO in good hands!!! Hurray! AND Linda and HellofromCT!!!

• plainjane64
    edited September 2009

Hey Hello!  Congrats!  so you finally got your insurance approval !  ?  I remember you....I had ADH too and it bought me the surveillance that found my IDC...Good for you for following your gut!

Spring...I wonder if you and Happy have some fluid down there that's causing discomfort.......and so you are or are not wearing a bra?

And Nordy...bra or no bra........Me confused...I know about the dominatrix outfit...is there a bra too?  for DIEP?

I am happy I'm off work but I can't get things done fast enough.  Sally called me again today....I DO have to have a CTA but it will be done w/ preop stuff...apparently DellaCroce is doing them on all now, not just GAPs.  She thinks I'm dumb too because truly I had no clue when any appt was.  I could  tell her nothing except my flight right this minute, and until I get things wrapped up and I'm in the air on Sunday I have no time/energy to do more. Don't laugh when I say I'm going on auto pilot Sunday am.  I am worn out. When I get home I do have to renew a credential during October....I sure hope I can manage that?...It just means doing a lot of continuing ed most of which is articles w/ tests.  That and checking the mailbox every day will be the only responsible things I do for 6 wks.  I have naps, the Twilight series, lunch and dinner w/ friends, and some movies on the agenda.

Bev, Mel's BFF posted (under her Mel) on the packing for NOLA thread.

Oh!  Today I had my legs, armpits and bikini line(no I don't wear one) waxed........supposed to give me 3 weeks...I love the thought of that!  Tommorow is whip the house and yard into shape and mani pedi, saturday packing, Hair and the symphony. Sunday mass, annointing and airport.

Goodnight!

xoxo,

jennifer

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited September 2009

Hey ladies,

not being getting anything from right breast drain.  very swollen and miserable! Dr Della Croce had to use a needle to drain it...but better now.  Have to go by center at 8ish to let him look at it, and he wil decide if I need to stay any longer, or it is ok to go on home.  Hopefully it will sart draining now...Puts so much pressure on, that it is hard to breath!!  Tummy is all healing nicely, Hopefully this is small temporary setback.

• Dejaboo
    edited September 2009

Sure hope you start draining Ginnie!

And get to go home as scheduled.

Linda I will be in NOLA on Nov 5th.  We can still 'recover' together.

Thanks Nordy!

Jennifer- Good Luck getting everything wrapped up this wekend before you leave.  Sounds like some nice pampering going on.

Pam

• LindaG47
    edited September 2009

Oh, Now I get it.  You in NOLA me in SC.....yep we  can recover together....good luck.

Linda

• LindaG47
    edited September 2009

Anyone have any suggestions for accommodations while in Charleston?  Did you stay at Hope Lodge or somewhere else?  What is convenient to Roper Hosp?

Thax, Linda

• Springtime
    edited September 2009

Ginnie, Yikes about the breast filling up and not draining. Sounds uncomfortable. 

About "under the breasts" pain. I have incisions under there, and the skin all around is super super sensitive! I think it is just a phase.

Spring. 

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited September 2009

Ginnie!  Hope you get the okay to go home and that your breast drains correctly.  I had abdominal seromas that had to be drained twice when I got home.  It does cause a lot of pressure. 

Dr. Trahan assists the other docs and doesn't see patients on his own except for some post op's.He also does rounds sometimes.  He assisted Dr. Sullivan with my Stage 1.  He is very nice.