Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited April 2010
    Holtbolt...I asked Dr S to remove a mole on my butt at stage 2 (I figured since he was 'there" already) and he was more than happy to do so. All you have to do is ask Dr D, I don't see why he would say no?
  • Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited April 2010

Thank you ladies for the well wishes :). BTW, I am not responsible for the typo's. I can't see the keys yet. I am feeling okay. Ikay honestly I feel like I got ran over BUT I know it is worth every ounce of pain. I have seen my new nipps and they look silly but I think thay are going to be fabulois in.a couple of weeks.

I will check back in as soon as I can see again...lol

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited April 2010

Soooo... here is a thought. I am going to get one of Sandy's tanks... since I had stage 1 in 2009 and stage 2 in 2010 - which year is most appropriate for the date? Considering that I already felt restored by stage 1, I almost think it should be 09.. What is your thought???

PS - LouAnn - I saw your pic on Sandy's website! CUTE!!!

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited April 2010

Jaimie, congratulations on being out and on the road to recovery...great to hear from you!  Take care of yourself and check back soon to let us know how it's going! 

• Nordy
    edited April 2010

Okay... never mind... I used 2009... don't know if 2010 would have been better...

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited April 2010

I'm in on a calendar!!  And Nordy, 2009..for sure.  That was when you got the new breats!  They are just getting fine tuned in 2010!

Jamieh, glad you are on the road to recovery! 

• trainertam
    trainertam Member Posts: 114
    edited April 2010

I just re-read my earlier post and noticed a major typo....I had said that Oschner forgave my bill of 4800. and it should have read $800. The missing $ sign made it look like they are very generous, which they aren't!

Okay, here's info on the scrapbooking pages: Go to Michaels (or any scrapbook store) and buy the 12 X 12  scrapbooking (papers). They have tons of beautiful, acid free, inexpensive pages. You can do a single page or a 2 page spread, just make sure you use the same paper for both pages if you choose the double page spread. Do NOT use both sides of the page, only one side shows through the sleeve! Make sure you add pictures, words of thanks, descriptions, and of course both your name and your screen name! That way future ladies will recognize us from this blogWink

When you send it to me if you can afford to include $3 or $4 that would help offset the cost of the album I bought. If not, don't worry, just send the page (s). I need the book to have lots of your pages of gratitude so it will make an impact! This book is a little more expensive than the average book because it has acid free "sleeves" that the 12 X 12 pages slide in to. I got it because it was the best way for women from all over to create a book together! Not to mention the future NOLA gals will be able to add their pages too.

I need your pages by May 15. I'll be putting the album together that weekend. I work full time and I'll be getting ready to leave  for my own stage 2 at NOLA the following weekend.

I have an idea for the front  (intro) page of the book, I'll post it later. But, I am open to any ideas you have too!

• trainertam
    edited April 2010

Just to clarify: 2 page spread requires 2 pieces of paper that look the same, not 1 paper!

• Nordy
    edited April 2010

OR 2 pieces of paper that compliment each other... LOL

Trishia - Thank you! That is kind of what I thought too. Are you coming here to meet w/the gyn/onc we talked about??? Would love to have you!

• Jinger
    Jinger Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2010

Tammy,

I would love to do a page.  Can you send me an address to send it to?

Thx!

Jen/Jinger

jen at jenboswell dot com 

• sheridangirl
    sheridangirl Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2010

Hi Gals,

Does anyone know how long it will take for Liz to get back to me? I called a few days ago and they said that they are reviewing my information....I know it has only been a week but I am anxious...

Sally, Since you took so many AB's maybe you have thrush and that is why your mouth hurts so bad. Check with your doctor.... I take acidophillus capsules and they are supposed to help stop yeast infections and thrush from forming. So far I have had a lot of success with them.

Tammy, What hospital did you go to? Does the center still use that facility?

• trainertam
    edited May 2010
    Lynn: I had to go to Oschner Baptist (because it was In-Network) with Blue Shield. It was a horrible experience with an Evil nurse. When I left there I had a secondary  lung infection. Dr. D was like a night in shining armor when he stepped in to save me. He was LIVID when he found out about all that had happened, and swore none of his patients would have to go there ever again. He was so disturbed I can't imagine he would ever use them again. It was not just the nurse, the whole hospital was negligent, so I think he's DONE with them.
  • Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2010

Sheri, call again ... :)   I know, the waiting is the worst. !!

Minn, I added you above on July 30.  

Tomorrow is my Birthday! I am so happy to be getting OLDER and still here and kicking! :) 

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited May 2010

Happy Birthday, Springtime!!  You deserve the happiest day!!

• laughlines
    laughlines Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2010

Yeah - Happy Birthday to our thread guru! Have a great one!

Jamieh - Glad you got through the surgery and hope you heal well.

Brenda - Sending you the good vibes now!

• trainertam
    edited May 2010

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to the one who started this fun, bonding thread.Springtime we hope you have a great "new" year!!!

• bennetts1
    bennetts1 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2010

Springtime,

Happy Birthday!  I want to say thank-you for starting this thread!  When I first came to this community, I was considering reconstruction.  The more I read on this thread, the more I learned.  I found out I had to  do my research and that I did.  I set my mind that I wanted DIEP and it took many months to get to where I am today, but on Monday, I will be leaving to go to Charleston to have my reconstruction by Dr. Massey.  I want to thank all the ladies on this thread for all the helpful information they have provided about the journey on breast reconstruction.  I am extremely nervous and anxious, but I know by this time next week, it will all be over with. 

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

Happy Birthday Spring !!  I am still here in St. Charles because I am fine in the bed and walking but I am not making smooth transitions out of the bed or chairs :(  So I am hoping that tomorrow I can get a shower, and get out of here.  The only place that I have a ton of pain is in the belly and I think it is the plication.  I have been able to see the girls since I am allergic to the black bra but I have not seen anything under the dom. outfit.  I know that I have 4 drains but I am interested in seeing how I look below.  I posted my front picture on TimTam's site. 

Now while I hurt I have not had any moments that I regret doing anything that I had done.  I was in the OR about the same amount of time that it took for my stage 1.  I just hope that I can get out of here tomorrow, rest and then go to dinner. 

I have not seen Brenda yet but I am going to try before we leave here.  I did friend a lady (Donna) at the lodge who was scared so I showed her my girls and it helped ease her.  She was excited after seeing a flap in person.  I am now becoming a flasher...lol....  Gotta get off here because I will be getting some pain meds in a little bit :)

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited May 2010

Nordy, we are on the same page about a calendar, but I left a message last week for the Center's PR person about doing a BIKINI calendar!!!!    Are you game for that?   I think it would be so encouraging to potential patients to see us wearing bikinis again after our surgeries.  I certainly had no idea after three big babies that I would ever be caught dead in one ever again, especially after 50, but sure enough! 

Spring, I need to ask you to take me off the calendar for 5/21.  I've been working very hard to lose weight, and one of the things that I intend to ask for or beg for is a touch up of my ab incision.  My first surgeon told me after I woke up, "You can stand up straight right away because I didn't pull you very tight" and he wasn't lying (about that, at least).   I can pinch at least 1.5" of skin above and below my scar now, and figure that as I lose more weight, the looseness will only increase.  I want to maximize the benefit of having a little tucking done, so I am going to wait until October or November for my final revisions.  Work is crazy, crazy busy right now (Yay, the recession is over for us!) and it's not a good time for me to leave, plus I don't want to give up swimming for six weeks just as summer starts.  My trainer was very happy to hear this news today and is glad that we will have more time to work together before I have to take a break from the workouts. Holtbolt and HelloFromCT I really wanted to meet you, so I am sad about that! 

I apologize for not checking in here more often and for the delay in answering PMs.  This is the time of year when I get really overwhelmed at work and don't get to socialize as much.  We stay busy until late September usually, so if I'm not around much in the coming months, it's just that I have my hands full with the business!   

Lynn, don't worry.  There is a lot to do before Liz can get back to you, and she will get back to you!  I think I waited about two weeks.

Jaimie, glad to hear that everything went well for you!  I'll go check out your photo, and then I need to get to bed--bootcamp in the morning!  Happy birthday, Spring!

Sandy

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited May 2010

Yes! I like the idea of a swimsuit calendar! And then, even if my rear end isn't done yet, I could wear booty pops under the suit! And right now, I could pad the smaller side and look like a real calendar girl! Put me on the list!

Jaimie - Welcome to the flasher club! It was great you were able to use your girls to ease that gal's fears! That's what it's all about! Re the plication, the results will just keep getting better over time! I LOVE my abdomen! 

Spring - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May DAy - what a great birth day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

Okay so my belly rocks already and Jaime & Jaime said that it will just continue to get better.  I am not sure if I will be going home today or not because whenever I get up I get shaking from the pain.  I did not experience pain like this last time.  Dr Sullivan told me just to stay another day since I looked so bad this morning.  I know that this will eventually stop and I will be rocking a smaller body. 

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2010

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Jaimie.  You have a great attitude and I'm sure that will help a lot with the healing process.  I hope it goes fast!  Just saw your latest photo and you look fantastic!!! 

Spring...HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thanks for this great thread!!!!

Suzanne

• Cat1
    Cat1 Member Posts: 128
    edited May 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRING!

Jaimieh - sorry your in so much pain.  Hang in there as we all know it gets better!

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

BTW even though I am in pain I would it again in a heart beat. 

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited May 2010

Jaimie, the lipo is painful for a week to 10 days, but then it becomes the gift that just keeps on giving, for six months to a year!  If you think your belly looks great now, just wait....by Christmas you will be so delighted.  The swelling takes many months to subside and one day you look in the mirror and get that ah-ha moment.  Keep moving and keep drinking water!

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited May 2010

Jamie...You have both Jamie's as nurses?? Tell then Hi from me. Jamie with the dark hair will know me, but I only met the Jamie with the short blonde hair in the waiting room at the Center right before stage 2. She had breast cancer too and had her surgeries there and then started working for them soon after.  I am glad you are doing well. I was in a lot of pain after stage 2 too. Much more than with stage 1. I think it is because of all of the lipo. Also, I will check out your pic on the site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRING!! Celebrate big!!

• sallym
    sallym Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2010

Happy Birthday Spring . Jaime hope you are feeling better just keep thinking about the end result. Marcia could you PM your address to me so I can send you my "page" I am not artistic at all but just the same am very thankful for  all the people at the center.Minnesota Let me know when your stage 2 is Jeanine is suppost to call me on Monday regarding my stage 2. I would absolutely love to be there when you are

• sallym
    sallym Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2010

Sorry I meant to ask Trainertam for address to send "page" I must have just been thinking about

ya, Marcia.

• laughlines
    laughlines Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2010

Yeah - Jamieh. You do look awesome!  And you definitely win the award for fastest posting of post-surgery photos!! The only way you can outdo yourself now is to set up a live webcast of your Stage 3 tattooing!

I hope you get some good pain control and keep getting better.

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

laughlines~ Don't tempt me...lol....  I add more pictures so you can all get the full picture..lol..  I am fine while I am in bed it is after I get up that I have issues.  Gonna go for a walk....