Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited May 2010

Christy ~ I had blond Jamie yesterday, and 2 Jaime's today. 

Thank you ladies for the encouragement.  I hope lipo just keeps getting things smaller and smaller.  I know I have not been able to eat as much as I had in the past. 

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited May 2010

Give Jamie G. big huge hugs for me!!! 

You are looking great already!  Are you taking percocet?  Because it make me shaky like you are describing. 

• Melonda
    Melonda Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2010

Jaimieh- I love hearing from you when you're in the hospital! I'm glad you get to stay another day if you're in pain. Thanks for posting all those pics on the other site, I added recent ones to mine there too. I'm planning on updating periodically just like you :) to help others, because it helped me sooo much to look at the pics there before

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited May 2010

HELP!!

SandyinParidise - the Sandy on May 21 is another Sandy - from CA..

There is a Sandy2009 in early May, is that you, or also another Sandy?? I don't want to remove the wrong Sandy in May! 

Jamie, hang in there. The ab muscles take a while to recover from plication. I am 5 months out now and things are much better. Today at the GYM I really crunched those Ab muscles! It will take a while, but you will get better. Just remember, you will get better. Sometimes it is hard to wait!!! Mine are finally not so "pooched out". Yesterday I wore the tiniest capris that I could never fit in before, and they didn't even bad on my butt! Your day will come girlie!

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes! Being here for you ladies is a joy in my life. You BEAUTIES!!!

xoxoxoxo Spring.

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited May 2010

Pain in Stage 2 - I remember trying to sort that out on the day after, which is hard when you're on pain meds.  I think the difference is that they don't give you IV pain med for Stage 2, just the pills, knowing that you'll not be staying long.  However, this can be tricky, because they'll hold out the pain meds for 6 hours unless you request them sooner.  Once I started tracking on a 4 hour schedule, I did far better.  I kept the meds dosed at 4 hours, then just decreased the amount over time, staying at a 4 hour dose.  I was fairly comfortable once we got that figured out.

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

Trishis~ I am taking duladid but I have been only taking them after I eat and if I get shakey.  Thanks for the compliment.

Spring~ I have been using your experience as the guidelines.  Thank you!!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited May 2010

Happy Birthday Spring! May you continue to have many things to velebrate, and many years in which to celebrate them!

Jaimie, best wishes for easing of your pain.

Bennets, good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well and smoothly, with nothing unexpected happening.

Leah

• bennetts1
    bennetts1 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2010

Spring...

I am the Sandy (bennetts1) having my surgery on May 5...there are soooo many Sandys!!!!! LOL!

• sallym
    sallym Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2010

I went to MIchaels today and did my scrapbook page tonight so I just need to know where to send it. Even my son said it was not bad. LOL Jaime hope all is well and dont leave until you are ready. You are getting the best care there. Hope  your sister is enjoying NOLA. Prayers are coming your way

• Jinger
    Jinger Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2010

TrainerTam:

I would like to be able to see the photo page if possible.  I return to NOLA on 6/24, and it sounds like Jamie's photos, especially, would be helpful.

Thanks so much!

• sandy2009
    sandy2009 Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2010

Hi Springtime,

I'm Sandy2009 (from Ohio) and will be doing my Stage II revision with Dr. D.

Thanks for keeping me listed, there are a number of us Sandy's especially for the month of May.

Go Sandys and everyone heading down to NOLA this month, wish me luck I'll be there next week.

Sandy2009

• HelloFromCT
    HelloFromCT Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2010

Jinger, may I suggest you send a private message to TimTam for access to the photo forum.  TrainerTam is a different person, plus TimTam probably won't see your request here.

I'm surprised to hear that stage 2 is more painful than stage 1.  I thought everyone said previously that stage 2 was a 'piece of cake' compared with stage 1.  I am only off from work for a week after stage 2.  I hope that's enough!  Yikes...

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited May 2010

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday Dear Spring

Happy Birthday to you!!! 

I think how much pain you have at stage 2 is dependent on how much work you have done! My pain wasn't too bad, but I certainly knew every place that lipo wand had been... before I even opened my eyes in recovery! It is all do-able! I was home taking care of my kids the next week... but if I had had the plication like Jaimie and Spring had, I would not have been able to lift them for 6 weeks... or something like that... ! Since I did not - I only had to hold off on any high intensity aerobic activity for 4 weeks... well today is week number 5 and this morning I did a 34 mile bike ride w/some women from my bike club... And it was awesome!!! It felt so great to be back out there. I am one happy camper! 

Bennetts and Sandy2009 - good luck to you this week!

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited May 2010

Spring, you wrote something a few days that made me think you realized that I am the Sandy you know of from California (also referred to as "Paradise").    I'm so sorry for the confusion.  I was having major trouble logging in, so it was suggested that I choose a new screen name, which I did.  I kept the avatar the same, but maybe I should just change it to a photo of myself so that if this happens again, it won't be so confusing.  You have me down for a tweak with Dr. D on 5/21 and I tried to reach Celeste yesterday to postpone it, but she was on the phone.  I'll probably just email her this weekend because I want to give them as much notice as possible. 

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

Okay so don't let my stage 2 scare you...  I had a lot of work done.  Dr S offered and I went with it.  I am only still at St. Charles because my Rx for pain meds was messed up and there isn't any doctor's here to fix it.  So as soon as it is fixed I am out of here :).  BTW, the plication was well worth it for me so far.  My tummy if swollen but my buldge is flat.  I will deal with the discomfort from it for the end results :)  I am feeling better today and I can't wait to get out tomorrow and go see some things    I posted more pictures on timtam's site and I barely have any bruising but I do have 4 drains.  So I am looking forward to getting rid of them ASAP. 

I will be working on my scrapbook page when I go home but I am not sure if I will be able to complete it in time because my pictures will not be completed. 

• kcshreve
    edited May 2010

I didn't think the pain was worse, it was just more noticeable, since I was only on pills.  Once that got on a schedule, it was not a huge deal.  Very do-able and controlled.

• kcshreve
    edited May 2010

My dh and I were chuckling over Eve's pants-dropping story.   Today, we were at a restaurant and I went to the restroom, pulled up my jeans, and spent a few minutes adjusting the black dominatrix outfit, tugging and pulling a bit.  As I walked back to my table, it felt like my jeans were sliding down my rear, so remembering Eve's story, I quickly grabbed back there as they were going down.  I had forgotten to button them since I was distracted by fiddling with the dom outfit.  My top was a long one, so I kept a good hold on the jeans till I got back to the table, then buttoned up.  My dh was horrified for me, and has been very concerned that I may drop my pants, too.  You can't feel your real pants over the girdle, so you have to be doubly diligent in checking.  Eve, thanks for the warning!  :)

• HelloFromCT
    edited May 2010

I hadn't been planning on the plication, but now I'm not sure.  Do they always recommend it?  

Jaimie your photos look great--I don't see any bruising! 

Just a general question to those who had had lipo--is there a lot of swelling in the lipo areas?

• kcshreve
    edited May 2010

There is both swelling and reduction.  Reduced bulk due to lipo, but the area is injected with fluids so it is a bit swollen at first.  It goes down noticeably in 7-10 days, but I hear there is more reduction to come.  I'm 10 days out and seeing the waist I requested. :)

• HelloFromCT
    edited May 2010

Thanks kc.  10 days isn't bad...   :-)

• trainertam
    trainertam Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2010
    I can't tell you how exciting it is to hear you guys talk about the stage 2!!! I'm up in 3 weeks, can't wait! I have a question for you Jaime; do you think you would have been able to have tattoos the next day? I am NOT have nipples rebuilt, and am scheduled to have just the 3D tattoos with Donn the very next day. Sound too ambitious? if it seems so, then I have already talked to Dan (from L. A. Ink) and he is really excited to do my nipples. I should come clean right now andd say " I'm having Sea Shells" instead of circles! Dr. D. just laughed when he heard me tell him. I will schedule the tattoos later if it is too painful the very next day. I am supposed to have quite a bit of lipo from dr. D. your thoughts...anyone?
  • Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited May 2010

kc - LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad my experience spared you your pants falling down - and at a restaurant, too!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: the plication - I don't think they routinely recommend this. I had expressed to Dr. D. that my stomach wasn't quite flat - it came to kind of like a little peak. He said that without the fat I was literally seeing the muscle fascia basically and the peak was where it came together and had been stretched, so he suggested the tightening and said it would make my stomach "flat as a board." But he also warned that afterwards it would feel like by abdomen had been "struck by lightening." So I had mixed feelings! I decided to go for the flat-as-a-board stomach and, so, was surprised that the pain wasn't as bad as I expected. But this was when they were first using the OnQ balls, and he gave me one of those. That really helped, I think. I'm wondering if they're not using them for this anymore or if it differs by doc...

Jaimie - Sorry you've had so much pain. The shaking sounds miserable! They need to give you stronger pain meds!!!!  Don't be stoic!

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited May 2010

Oh, and I remember he said that not everyone benefits from the plication - it depends on your fat layer and other things. I know that some women he has told it would not be of any benefit.

Sally - my stage 2 is on July 30th. It would be great if u could be there then!

• Jaimieh
    edited May 2010

So I am finally leaving St. Charles this afternoon :)  While this is the best place to be I am more than ready to leave.  My pain is MUCH better and under control.  I am still waddling and honestly I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  All of the stuff I have had done will last a life time now I just need to get moving and make sure I keep it up the work that Dr. S has done. 

Trainer~ I would have been able to get the tatoo's done if my stomach didn't hurt like it was. 

My right nipple is dark at the tip but Dr. S thinks that it is a blood blister so I have ointment along with the cones on.  I am loving my nipples so far and hope they stay.

• sallym
    sallym Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2010

Eve sounds like you may have taken 1 for the team, with the dropping drawers. Jaime glad you are getting out. Are you going back to Hope Lodge? Keep us updated

• sandy2009
    edited May 2010

Nordy ~  Thanks for the well wishes for Thursday!  I'm nervous but feel I have a wonderful place at NOLA to correct the first surgery, and a great experienced Dr. D.

Minnesota ~ Ouch, I'll be having my fascia tightened on Thurs., a lightening bolt?  Well I'll expect some pain, maybe it won't be too bad.  He never mentioned plication to me, so maybe fascia tightening is what I need because of the tram.

SandyInParadise ~ I need to also put my picture on, I have to figure out how to do that - I'm sure it's simple.   You used to have your picture up, it was easy to follow you.  Thanks for the PMs you're in incredibly helpful!

Spring... - Hope your birthday was a happy one!

Bennetts1 ~ Wish you all the best this Wednesday, you'll do fine.  I rented a "lift chair" from Rent A Center ($25/week), this was well worth it!  That's my best advice to you.

Sandy (in Ohio)

• sandy2009
    edited May 2010

Bennetts1 ~ You don't have to rent a lift chair, just keep it in mind if you struggle recuperating, some don't need it, I did as well as my sister-in-law.  It helped with sleeping and just resting during the day.  Best to you Sandy.

Sandy2009

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited May 2010

Happy Birthday Spring!! Thanks for bringing us all together here.

• macksix6
    macksix6 Member Posts: 125
    edited May 2010

I agree with Nordy about the extent of pain after stage 2. I didn't have much lipo and passed on the plication so I was not in much pain. I passed on the plication since Dr D said that he could only stitch from the navel down and my tummy was pretty flat from stage 1. I think that the pain from your core area is the most painful but you know that old saying " no pain no gain" I am sure those having the procedure will be very pleased a few months down the road with those flat abs.

Nordy you go girl! Sheeesh 34 miles.

Wishing the 2 Sandy's good luck this week.

I

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited May 2010

Sandy, I put a photo from NOLA on, so hopefully I will be less confusing!  Eve took this photo on Canal Street in front of pansies and stock that were blooming and gorgeous.  If you go to your Home, and to Add Photo, you can upload a picture of yourself.

I had muscle plication and lots of lipo the first time I went to NOLA, and although it was fairly painful, it was very much worth it.  My babies were large (middle one was 8 lbs 9 oz), so my rectus muscles had a lot of separation.   Now my trainer says she could bounce coins off my abdomen, the muscles are that tight.  When I get the rest of this weight off and can see the result fully, I'm sure I'll appreciate it much, much more.