Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited October 2009

Nordy that would work great!!  We are planning on going over Snoqualimie and through North Bend, unless they still have it down to one lane and then we are going over Stevens.  Yep, Wendy Raskin at the UW.  My appointment in 11/19 in the am, so we are going over Wednesday after my hubby gets off work. 

Linda, of course we are still friends.  It's just a big pet peeve of mine....the term 'selling sex'.  And lets not forget that there are LOTS of women (most that I know) that enjoy making love with their spouses, but have no desire to be naked in front of other women.  

Sandy, that does NOT sound fun at all!

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited October 2009

Sandy, whatever enticed you to run on the treadmill with bare feet?!!! OUCH!!!! l hope they heal up fast!

Tricia - I am supposed to have my follow up CT scan on the 19th... but I have not heard back from my oncologist's office yet. I will let you know. If I do not have it that day, or depending on what time it is scheduled, I am going to see what I can do. Are you driving home on the 19th or will you drive home on the 20th? Which way is Steven's pass? Is it further north than I-90? Do they have a lane closed because of all of the flooding from last year? 

Anybody heard from Marcia? I miss her! Maybe I need to make a call!

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited October 2009

Wow, Im with Minnesota- You ladies have been busy filling up pages this weekend!

Sandy- I keep missing your Bikini!

Love all the new Avatars- Nordy- You really do not look that bad right after surgery- Is that the Tank sleeves of the Dominatrix?

Warrior- Wow- Great Clevage!  You look wonderful!

Trishis- I love the New Picture of you!  I cant read what your shirt says though.

I do understand the feeling of ashamed with ones body...Though I only had to endure it for a year.

Wow Melanie- You Golfed!

Gin- Good to hear you are back & doing ok!

Nordy-How is the Drain Dance working?

Margit- This is a great Group of Ladies to join- I love the Butterfly Story

Stephanie- Im glad your Son is home!  I hope his recovery is going good.

Hope I did not miss anyone....I know I did.

So my count down is on...10 days! ( I had to go count)

I hope I do better this week ..This weekend I spilled 2 drinks- havent done that in a million years (Not alchoholic drinks)  And I fell walking in a parking lot- LOL - And no Alchohol was involved this time either!

I was just a nervous wreck.

Pam

• plainjane64
    plainjane64 Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2009

Warrior and all Dec girls....we get a rate of 95/night at Marriott and I'm w/ Sandy....I LOVED it...but I like to collect the points for free nights...they have a rewards program....the rate changes like the night I get there I think and actually goes up again around Christmas.  ACTUALLY...I am nervous so BRB...going to go reserve ...you can do w/ a credit card and still cancel....I have a neighbor who may be able to get me an even better rate......OK...yeah  lots here...OH you all will be happy to know the Cafe du Monde Coffee makes espresso a-ok...I broke my carafe at 530 this am and had to improvise...It was good!

• melaniew1
    melaniew1 Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2009

DEJABOO -YES. I, DID. GOLF!  9 holes on Saturday and I was so energized about it, I golfed 18 on Sunday. Needless to say, I was worn out and took a 3 HOUR power nap Sunday evening, didnt get up till 7, thought there was noway I would be able to sleep Sunday night.  Low and behold....off to dreamland by 11:30, and then over slept this AM......WOW!  How much sleep does one girl need!  have a great day girls.  xxoo Mel

• Dejaboo
    edited October 2009

You Still need lots of Sleep Mel!

I couldnt golf 2 days in a row right now ;o

Pam

• plainjane64
    edited October 2009

OK, I'm booked at Marriott....If you guys do it...the rate changes to 95 w/ center rate I swear I think 12/8?......Make sure you put in QBK on the first page to get the rate...I had trouble locating.  I asked for king/ 2 doubles....they said no 2 doubles...grrr...but they said that last time too....they also told me before that they could always bring in a roll away if I had 2 people and a king......but they were able to come thru w/ 2 doubles for me before.....

Pam...sniff, sniff, you forgot me....Kidding!  10 days...IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT!

Melanie......I am requiring a nap daily like after lunch...had a really rough go in church yesterday for 11 am service....But I've been getting up at 5 or 530....then after 1-2 hr nap feel Soo much better then to bed at 9 or 10.  I am just accepting it for now.  I'm still less than 5 weeks out...rest is a GOOD thing for us....for me at least!

Ok, so yesterday I wore a dress to mass that wrapped around, vneck and I have to say I looked pretty good.  Flat stomach, a bit of cleavage, but I've always had,...no drains...Actually the dress was too big...Darn!  Fortunately I have some smaller sizes in the closet.  Actually forgot the abd binder yesterday for that hour...I had control top panty hose on tho?  Why?  because I always wore them before!

Re; The spanx....never had the REAL Spanx brand.  BUT as a girl who has always had  a bit extra junk in the trunk even when I'm in good shape I bought last feb something similar at kohl's made by jockey.....Actually forgot about those and they weren't terribly expensive or impossible to get on.  I had DIEP......However my LE therapist wants me in Bikeshorts as well because initially....I had a lot of edema top of front thighs....remember you have a HUGE lymphatic network in the groin and w/ abd incision it drains there....add in the abd binder and it gets pushed there.......So when I have all the garb on it is quite the mega compress....One more day I think w/ abd binder....whew!

Trishia, thanks for posting all that....I am going to check it out.  You and Nordy will have fun when you make your pilgrimage for genetic stuff....you are in everyone's thoughts prayers in regards to that sentence.....you will KICK ass too!  But hopefully your reprieve will REMAIN and you won't NEED to!

Sandy...I HATE blisters on the feet bottoms or toes...try the Dr. Scholl's or another brand blister pads...I get them w/ certain sandals.

Nordy do call Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! 

Oh and about the coffee...last pm I was in Kroger and was thinking about buying more CDM coffee......9 bucks!.....I paid 5 and a little change in NO.....I'll be bringing home more.

OK, better go for now.....CCRN credential renewal and AACN membership here I come....Sheesh that dep better come in today from Hartford so I can pay these bills!

Have a great Monday all! xoxo, jennifer

• Dejaboo
    edited October 2009

Jennifer!

Glad you got your Hotel Booked.

Im not a 'spell Checker'  I should be I ALWAYS have Typos!

Pam

• iamc
    iamc Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2009

Thanks MomsDaughter!

I just booked the Marriott New Orleans on Canal Street. The Center rate is $99 for the time I am there in December.

Stage one I stayed at the Clarion Boutique Hotel on St Charles and although I liked it, it was too dark for me. I had every lamp on and it still felt like there was no lighting. It's $89, so for $10 more I know I'll be in a hotel more to my personal taste. I have to say, though..the staff at the Clarion was AMAZING. The ONLY reason I'm not staying again is the lighting. If you like the cozier, lamplit environment, it's great. And the streetcar stop is right in front of the hotel.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited October 2009

Patty,
    I am sure lowering the belly incision is NOT done without general anesthesia! Not on me anyway! I am not sure what is involved. I know the looser the skin is the more they an lower it. Perhaps it is a smaller version of what was done initially, removing skin under the incision and pulling the upper down? Guessing.

I added your phase 2 specs above! If you find out more about the lowering of the Ab
    incision, please LET ME KNOW!!

Warrior,
    Love the cleavage, still!!! My spanx felt aweful tight, and were half the price being in the hosiery dept (you buy in a box, vs. hanging up on a hanger). I don't think I could go any tighter and breathe!!!

I got Homewood for $99 a night after Nov30th. Not bad, given you get all that food. ha.  booked last week and they were filling up fast!

Stephanie, I like the Hilton Homewood Suites b/c you can walk to the French Qtr, ou have a full kitchen, bedroom, can close door to "family room" area (2 TVs). ull breakfast free each morning (eggs bacon, fruit, etc) and "light supper" Monday to Thurs nights. Saves a lot of dough and is convienient after surgery. However, they may be all booked up already.

Nordy, I cannot figure out how to "rename" this thread, though I tried! We've now move well
    beyond Sept, oh well.....

Trisha, besides lubricant, I need other help, but I don't want to go into it ere, or we'll need to rename this the Libido thread!!!!. I will look at your site! Do you have an email? PM it to me... OH golly,
    What a site Trisha!!! LOL....

• Gin52
    Gin52 Member Posts: 272
    edited October 2009

PlainJane,  I can sympathize on the "hard spot" too.  The whole bottom half of my right breast that was irradiated in 2001 is pretty much rock hard, not just a "spot", but Dr. D was not worried and is hoping that by the time I get thru Chemo and can schedule stage 2, a lot of it will be gone.  I am like you - keep massaging and hoping!!  And, drains are working, so now just gotta find out when I go back to work, and when I start chemo...... I* want pics of EVERYONE after Stage 2 in Dec, since I have to miss it!!!

Ginnie

• Dejaboo
    edited October 2009

Spring I hope they can lower your belly Incision.

We cant change the title of threads  Frown...Only a Moderator can do that.

Maybe start a new one to cintinue this one?

Gin- Glad the drains are workign good!

Pam

• Nordy
    edited October 2009

Gin and Jenn - I have a large hard area too, but surprisingly not on my radiated side! I have a really small one on that side, but nothing compared to the other. I have started massaging it and have noticed a difference already. I hope that it breaks up before my stage 2 because if they want to remove it, there won't be anything left of my boob!!!

I was thinking the next time we head to NOLA, we would stay at either the Marriot or one of the Hilton chain. Not that I can offer any input there because I haven't stayed with either in NOLA, but have never had a bad stay at either chain. Iamc - I did not stay at the Clarion, but ate there... for some reason I thought it might be dark, maybe for the ambience??? Anyway, I am with you, I like it BRIGHT!!!! 

Gin, glad to hear you are draining! My right side has really slowed down, my left one quit draining out the drain altogether, now it just drains out the drain site!!! Which doesn't make it very easy for me to keep track of. I have to call my doc and see what she wants to do. Obviously the drain isn't working properly! I just figure, its draining... better than seroma making... but probably not such a good thing infection related... I will call tomorrow! 

• Nordy
    edited October 2009

Pam - I sent you a PM...

• plainjane64
    edited October 2009

Nordy,heck everyone! wish I could blow up that pic!  The avatars!

Ok, so yeah, I continue the Le therapy and things are improving.....Now I really need to pick brains because I do have a theory....I was/am 36DD so I do believe more breats tissue=more recovery time to get back soft ones....Things ARE softening up, but yeah I gotta be patient...I am a tru believer in LE therapy, but I am juicy too...and I still look good!...Or I guess I'm just REALLY needy....but WTH! guess theres a time and place and I've decided it's NOW!  Plus I'm still relatively fresh postop...and my LE girl has been on the money w/ her previous predictions....I have another week per her first (post op swelling) prediction!  AND there IS MAJOR progress!  One thing I will be doing myself...she(my LE therapist told me A-OK to massage the abd incision to make it softer- up and down and the other way and that would make it softer...sounds good to me!  I'm still THRILLED and have abslutely NO regrets!

• plainjane64
    edited October 2009

I vote we just keep it the sept NOLA thread.....everyone who needs to know does...but I'm one person.  Spring...Nice to hear from you I was wondering what happened to you...are you back at work?

Gin, you just keep going ...get that chemo behind you and keep us up to snuff.....me or some of us may have to come down and celebrate when it's time for your stage 2 girl!  It'll happen when it's time!  Until then you do your deed, be VERY careful and KILL that nasty/potentially nasty stuff away!  You are SO DONE w/ this after this chemo girl!

iamc/carolynn.  That Clarion does look pretty nice and great price but I hear ya, tho I may stay there in the future....reminds me of euro hotel!...but if you get the river view at Marriott natural light is NO problem(during the day)...really something...Katie(from the center) has a contact at Marriott too...I know since I stayed at the hospital longer than expected(due to caretaker issues/fallout) in sept and she helped me out Wink...so there ya go!  It will work out!  Know it will!

OK, took my nap again today...sigh...it's ok...work in 3 weeks? we'll see....all is well. Did my K. Steligo review on amazon today but not finding it posted yet. Trishia, may be inviting myself to Commander's Palace w/ you but will NOT interupt a romantic eve w/ your husband...so just say so...I'm there almost a week anyways, and can go another night!

ok girlies...I'm ready for my bed....again!

nighty night!

xoxo,

jennifer

• Nordy
    edited October 2009

Jennifer - I really do agree with keeping it the Sept thread - I had just said that because, truly, soon we are all going to just have the best tata's everrrrrrrrrrr....

K.... going to BED sometime tonight - I have one hectic day tomorrow! Sandy - I have been trying to change my delivery options on the ups website, but I don't have an account, so can't. My husband picked up a shift at work tomorrow (WITHOUT checking with me) and screwed up my entire day. So, I don't know if I will be home or not to sign for the package!!!! GRRRRRR.... I was trying to have them ship to one of the stores that I will be near as I run children everywhere (to/from swimming, to/from preschool, to/from sitters) and then to my gyn/onc appt. in the afternoon. Yes, I had to make that appt. 6 weeks in advance, and my husband was to watch the girls... I had to scramble today to get one sitter for that appt., and have to run to pick up my dtr. from preschool early to get her there, then back home after that appt and pick up another sitter for the BC group session. I am going to be SO ticked if I miss the UPS guy!!!! If you can change things from your end, can you just have him leave it behind the pumpkin or the brick column near the door? It really is okay, I think - I mean we live in a pretty good neighborhood... knock wood!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!! Embarassed  If it really needs a signature, I will be out by the ups store on one hundred thirty something on SE Mill Plain... don't know the exact address. Let me just tell you that I am currently not speaking to DH - so funny how such a small decision can wreak havock on my entire day!!!!!

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited October 2009

Sandy,

Who would ever even think of running on a treadmill in barefeet? Does this mean that when the ghouls are chasing us at House of Shock, your feet will be too sore to run, and I'll have to stay back and protect you from them?! If so, you will owe me a big Hurricane or two at Pat O'Brien's!

Dejaboo,

Try not to worry so much that it throws you off balance! BTW, what day and time is your pre-op appt?

• plainjane64
    edited October 2009

Nordy......Your daughters are very sweet....but can I just say...there is a reason God did not give me children.  I would lose my mind, seriously. Thank God I can just borrow and enjoy other peoples children and nieces and nephews. Well at least your hubby will bring home some extra bacon.....but I get ya.....UPS usually leaves my stuff on the doorstep.  However, they do have a great customer service...I let 'er rip when they did walk ALL my blinds to the backyard while I was HOME a couple yrs ago...nobody even knocked and w/ no blinds I was totally creeped out to find 'em on my back driveway-next to the car! As I left for work!

• Jaimieh
    Jaimieh Member Posts: 925
    edited October 2009

Not to butt in but Nordy you can leave a note signed to leave the package.  I do it all the time and my UPS guy will leave the package. 

• iamc
    edited October 2009

Ok, I lost it somewhere....which member has the bridal site that sells the b/c shirts, ladies?

• iamc
    edited October 2009

It's my four week post-op 'anniversary' today after hip (four weeks friday for stacked diep)! I have to say, the last few days I seem to  be recovering much quicker.

Except for those pesky hip drains....but I can't say much, Nordy will get me! How long have you had them now??

• melaniew1
    melaniew1 Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2009
    IAMC - week 5 was like MAGIC for me!  Still get a little tired, but physically, can do pretty much anything, golf etc.  I still do not lift anything of ANY weight.  For some reason, picking any kind of weight up, causes me to still feel it.  And for the record, I will NEVER be able to vaccum again.  Its the LAW!  LOL!  Congrats on your anniversary!  xxoo Mel
  • Nordy
    edited October 2009

Hurray for no vacuuming!!! Unfortunately I had to do it yesterday....

Jamieh - thank you for the advice. I will indeed leave a signed note on the door!!! I think the package is second day air, hence the need for a signature, but I am going to go sign a note right now.

Iamc - I am 10 weeks out as of this coming Thursday... I had about 2 weeks with no drains and we all know how that turned out. SO, I think they are going to come out today or tomorrow. One of them is not even draining into the tube. When I looked back there this morning one of my stitches has come out... so no wonder! The other has been less than 20 for 5 days now... never less than 15, but really staying nice and low. Fingers crossed!!!!

Okay, gotta run - I have a note to leave and then the chaos starts for the day!!!

Everyone - have a WONDERFUL day! Pam- no worries, k? Iamc - yes, you should be starting to turn the "feel good" corner any minute now. Jennifer - yes, thank you on the compliment for my girls, they are sweet... 80% of the time!!!! LOL I think you usually are on the phone with me during that other 20%!!!

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited October 2009

iamc,

It's MomDaughter who sells the bridal/bc stuff. The webstore is Advantage Bridal.

all,

I agree that the 4 week mark is definitely the point where you start to feel better and with more energy. I had told that to a gal across the street who had DIEP. Knowing the timeline, she was able to stave off getting too down while she recovered. She just told me the 4-week point was spot-on!

And who was it? Nordy? (I know I could look it up but I'm too lazy) - who was going to  take on the P.S. about his disparaging remarks about DIEP last year? I want to hear what happens!

• iamc
    edited October 2009

Nordy-hip drains at ten weeks!!!! I'm scheduled for Stage 2 at ten weeks!

Minnesota, thanks for the info!

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited October 2009

Okay...the shirt in my profile pic says 'Yes! They are fake.  The real ones tried to kill me."  LOL!  I freaking LOVE that shirt!!!

I need help with sizing on Sandsy's site!!  I don't want a woman's Tshirt, they are boxy and I don't like them for anything but PJ's and working out, now that I have these fabulous girls to show off!  But I am a very curvy girl!  So should I do a 1x or a 2x in Jr's?  

• Springtime
    edited October 2009

Totally agree with Minnesota about the 4 week / 1 month mark. My first month was rough, my second month I was feeling better and better! In week 5 I started gentle yoga, which has really helped my range of motion! 

Announcement: I AM NOW WEARING A BRA AGAIN!!!! Several days now, ALL DAY!!! It's a very light 'barely there' bra, but my boobs look like DY-NO-MITE in a bra!!! My husband declared, Hey, why is it all of a sudden your boobs look different?. I'm like, "I'm wearing a bra!!!" Still a little sore and sensitive, but I can deal....

I also have a "hard spot" on the radiated side. I did NOT KNOW I was SUPPOSED to be Massaging it!!! ahhhck!!!! I better get a move on!!!!

Trisha, I have decided to PM you my "personal" issue as I could not bring myself to type it all out on my work email!!! LOL!!! Trisha, my intimacy consultant!!! LOL!!! 

Honestly, I am so glad we all have each other. AMEN!!!

Spring... 

• Springtime
    edited October 2009
    MargitN - I added your Jan 4 phase 1 above!!!
  • plainjane64
    edited October 2009

ahhhhh.  I have my credential renewed....but I still have a lot to do...actually need to organize all my ce's in case I get audited BUT...I'm DONE for 3 more years.  I have been taking breaks today....started following this 25 yr old kid's blog...he's an artist in NYC...actually he stayed in my room at the Marriott(after we checked out) where my journal was left...he was decent enough to open it up find a phone number and call my housekeepers number. Her husband called me, I called the kid in NYC... and the journal found it's way back to me!  After a bunch of other BS...at any rate...I also started looking at a bunch of pics from a trip to Paris in 2007...It was sooo much fun!  I can't wait to go to Italy....actually I want to go next Feb(2011) to Sicily....for the feast of St. Agatha...she is the patron saint of Breast disease...I figure perhaps I can find somewhere in the mediterranean to go topless sunbathing on the same trip...anybody wanna go?  For now still looking forward to EVERYTHING else and going back to Nola for stage 2 in Dec.  Nordy hope all came together today.  Trishia, wanna hear about the sizes.  Spring, glad to see you're back.

On the 4-5 week thing.......I think I was so wired/ on adrenaline the first 2 weeks that that time line doesn't apply to me...but it's OK, because I CAN take the time off.  I am walking 30-45 minutes daily...I just have to take a nap!  I need another 2 weeks to relax before I go back to work now!

ok, later chicas!