Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• motherandchild5
    motherandchild5 Member Posts: 111
    edited May 2013

Lovenox kind of sucks... just a shot of anticoagulant... kind of like heparin.  I noticed some nurses are more skilled then others. You get a shot each evening...

Pam44... I wish I had kept my pics limited to a precious 4 or 5.  I saw that I emailed them to girlfriends....new and old... One in particular was so excited to show her husband... and now he has a sly smile when I do my neighborhood walk.  I asked her to please keep them from her 3 teenage boys.  If every person shows the pic to another one or two... I have about fifty people who've seen my necked body.  WTF was I thinking?  and it's not like I'm built like Twiggy or anything....

Chelle congrats on moving up the surgery... I'm happy for you.... and Cherrie damn it... if croquet and bbq's sent me to bed the next day... I'm worried about you... Staining the deck? What the heck.

• amym159
    amym159 Member Posts: 173
    edited May 2013

Hi ladies

Just catching up and checking in for the first time in quite awhile. It's been almost a year since my last surgery in NOLA. I am so grateful for finding this thread when I did and for the courage I got from all the women sharing their stories here. Healing thoughts to everyone recovering from recent surgeries.

Hugs

Amy

• Downey30
    Downey30 Member Posts: 199
    edited May 2013

Hi Amy,  It's so good to hear from one of my surgery buddies.  So glad you are doing well.  Hugs, jamie

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited May 2013

Hey Amy!!!!

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited May 2013

Mother- I hope my body is ok tomorrow Ha ha. But the deck looks great.💪

Chelle- I am sorry you are going through this, and am happy something is happening sooner rather than later.

Amy- hope to see you again this summer.

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited May 2013

The naked pics stories are too funny! I have so many of them on my iPhone from before and after my surgeries for myself. I have also sent pics to family and friends because I was so excited to have boobs again!

Cherrie so glad it worked for you!

I have had a rash on my right upper torso for a couple days and it is hurting so went to dr today and yep I have shingles!!! Drains, painful rash & slow healing holes on my left breast! A walking mess! Spent the whole day resting and just took a Vicodin for the pain. I have to take an antiviral for 7 days. I know I got this from stressing about the hole on my incision line! I've been in touch with Laura and she even said I just can't catch a break! Lol

• m1970
    m1970 Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2013

Jennifer, you are cracking me up. It never occurred to me to send naked photos to anyone but I must say that my new boobs are beautiful. I can see that even with the thread and bruises. I did have full frontal photos taken on my phone and I am so afraid they will accidentally get uploaded somewhere.

I'm on more than dulladid. I'm on fiorecet that has some kind of narcotic, vallium and I was on torodol but they cut me off. The ear patch was making me see double and hallucinating. I could close my eyes and it was like watching an indie film.

I. Am. So. Sore.

I walked a bunch in city park today. I will miss the handicap shower. All I have are claw foot tubs with crappy showers.

I'm heading home tomorrow

My belly is so swollen and distended. I wish they could drain it. It hurts so much but they say it is normal.

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

Shingles!! I can't believe what you must be going through. My husband had this.

Marsha- have a safe trip home. It will be so nice to recover there. Hope you have help. I missed those handicap showers too. They were perfect, even a place to sit down.

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

Did anyone have lipo of butt when having your thighs done too? I can't remember anyone mentioning this. I hear this will be painful. How many days are you in pain?? How long did you wear compression and what kind of compression?

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited May 2013

Cherrie - are you thinking ahead to the fall already?  With our doc, compression will be for lifeWink.  

Thanks all for the wonderful photo stories.  Between having all of mine on my iPhone and photo stream, I keep freaking out that I will turn on the TV and the Apple TV will be broadcasting my boobs instead of playing music during a dinner party.  Terrifying the guests is not being the hostess with the mostess.

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

Yes Marty, just trying to wrap my mind around it so I can have a great summer. Also, I never had sleep last night so my mind was wondering to many places.

• MartyJ
    edited May 2013

I will be doing the same thing in August with a family wedding 2 weeks after.  All I know is that the dress will work with compression.  Don't think dancing will be on my program.  Sorry you didn't sleep last night.

• Russell1
    edited May 2013

MartyJ...funny!!!

Cherrie..I hear the lipo makes you really sore..not looking forward to that, but of course the "end" results!!! lol

• cascader
    cascader Member Posts: 152
    edited May 2013

Cherrie, I had lipo to one side of my butt to add to the other side. I had a uni Sgap so the fat was used to even me out and now you can't even tell! Amazing actually. Lipo in general is painful, more of a run over by a truck feeling, but it does not last for long, less than a week for me. I don't think lipo to the butt is any more/less painful than anywhere else. The bruising lasts longer than the pain but arnica gel or tablets supposedly can help with that. I wore compression for 8 weeks last time, I liked the support but it was winter and also kept me warm. I am almost 2 weeks past my last lipo which was pretty minimal and don't think I will last much longer in compression. I like the Mareena garment best but switch it out for spanx when laundering.

• m1970
    m1970 Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2013

Marty, you are killing me. It hurts to laugh!

I'm in the airport. In 4 hours I'll be home. I shopped for the most direct flight but a little nervousness about my 40 min connection in Dulles.

I meant to mention that the hope lodge would NOT give my mom extra washcloths. They said I needed an extra cloth for each incision and they only gave us 4. I needed 8 then some for my mom. They said to ask again when I was back from the hospital (I asked her tomdomit the day before so it was ready). We didn't t mind washing the cloths but needed enogh for one shower. We finally said screw it and bout some from the dollar store. Just a note for those who like to plan. Also the one room key was a pain. I wanted to hang in the sunroom and my mom was climbing the walls because she felt like she couldn't even go to the store. I think she was being a bit dramatic but it was unnecessarily in convienient. I am sure there are reasons for this policy but it really made things uncomfortable for us.

Other than that the hope lodge was very comfortable. The adjustable bed was fantastic. I will miss that at home. Also the handicap shower. The big kitchen was awesome too, but I hate blaring Tvs. The sun room was so awesome and I lived out there until some chatty people came out and ruined my peace and quiet.

The center was awesome. I wish I could see dr, Sullivan again so I could hug him.

My belly is really uncomfortable. I hope that does not last long. Also I can't see out of one of my eyes, no doubt a drug side effect.

I hope everyone else recently in surgery is on the mend. I am so clouded I can't remember who is who. I know Cherie was 2 days after me.

Is stage 2 as bad as stage 1? I want to plan for jan10

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

No Marsha. It isn't a walk in the park, but it was a much easier recovery. I've now had a 2a and a 2b. (6 days out and stained our deck yesterday.) One more in the Fall.

Safe return and heal well my friend.

• willy5js5
    willy5js5 Member Posts: 122
    edited May 2013

Dr Massey did my areolar tattoos today at Magna. I have to wait for call tonight before I can peek. It sure feels wonderful to be finished. Aghhhh, sigh is the only way to describe the euphoria. I am 10 days shy of my stage 1 a year ago. So very happy.

• Sewaneegirl
    Sewaneegirl Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013

Mother,

I have to admit I was LOL too. We all have the pics and it is just luck and lack of access to our phones that saves us from havoc.

Like bdavis I also did something silly while sober - tho thankfully not with photos. Never use "contacts" to try to find one person to invite to FB. Don't even try. I did and ended up inviting my entire contacts list. Don't know which was worse - my former boss who accepted (along with his wife and several other people I sometimes contact but didn't want to friend) or the random strangers FB thought were my contacts ... who accepted and whom I then had to un-friend. :(

• Pamela44
    Pamela44 Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2013

Marty, that did happen to me! I was visiting my brother who lives out of state. He was showing me how his new "apple tv" works and we wanted to view some of my previous vacations. Well you guessed it, my naked pictures appeared on his big screen tv! I gasped and told him to hide his eyes and not look. He did, what a gentleman, and I learned to get them off of photo stream. Lol

• Russell1
    edited May 2013

oh my Pamela!!! I need to get mine off the photo stream!

Willy..how wonderful for you!!!!

Sewanee girl....Yikes..!!!

Cherrie...So you have done your nipples then? I'm hoping I won't have to have any 2b.

• MartyJ
    edited May 2013

Oy! I really have to clean up my photostream. Y'all are really scaring me. No more company til the nekkid shots are sequestered.

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

Oh my my pictures are all on this iPad. Could be funny! Not!

Melanie- skin and nipple sparing. Nice outcome.

Willy-I can't wait for that same feeling. In September!! Then........CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!!

Marty how long did you keep your drains after scar revision......oh forgot you had more than that done. I have had 5 days less than 20 for both. Sending in more pics tomorrow and stats on my drains.

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited May 2013

Cherrie...staining a deck....wow..what are you wonder woman??

Marsha...safe travels...horray your own bed

Getting all my house chores done before we leave Monday.  Making lunch dates with family and such too...so much to do!  My son is on vaca in Mexico and get back home the day of surgery so already said my 3 week goodbye to him.  Always miss my kids the most. 

Pinkheart...did you wear sleeve or wrap to travel to your surgery?  I know on the way home I will be wrapped like a mummy...hate those wraps.  Last bad flare it was on for 8 weeks in the summer.  This time Dr M has you wrapped for 12 weeks...there goes this summer...ah well worth it if it works!

Maggie-2

• MartyJ
    edited May 2013

Cherrie - hip drains were in for 10 days.  If you are down to 20 each, I bet Dr. M lets you pull on Sunday.  Happiness!

Mags - I think that Dr. M wants us to wear our sleeve anytime we fly, no matter what, along with the gloves.  So, you probably want to pull it out for your flight.  So glad this is working out for you.  

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

Thinking of you Maggie. You are a trooper!! Where did you end up staying? It is so expensive in Chicago.

Yes, Marty I am way less than 20 with both drains. I am ready to pull them. They are visible with clothes. One of my drains I tucked into the waistband of my shorts today and it slipped. It was poking out the bottom of my shorts as I was talking to a employee at Menards. I was soooo embarrassed. I don't think anyone saw. I got out of there.

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited May 2013

We are at the embassy suites downtown. My hubby cannot wait for the free cocktail hour..haha. We justified the expense by making it a combo medical / anniversary trip as that will be in June. First windy city trip so hoping to feel good enough and avoid complications so we can enjoy it!

Maggie-2

• MartyJ
    edited May 2013

Cherrie - send a text to Dr M with your output records for the last 5 days, asking if you can pull. Bet she texts back quickly!

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited May 2013

About photo stream... the other day I wanted to print a picture someone mailed me, and went to CVS to use their photo unit... well, you plug it in and it pull up ALL pictures, not just the one you want to print. I have deleted all photos of my nakedness except my cellulitis picture (mostly because my iphone syncs to my facebook page) and sometimes, my kids grab my phone to look at pics... anyway I was getting help with my picture printing, and chose to abandon project, thinking what if the store clerk see my naked butt.

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

Marty- just did. Cross your fingers!

• Cherrie
    edited May 2013

I was able to pull one drain and I just did it. Yowch!! I didn't even care. Halfway to freedom!