Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Audrella
    Audrella Member Posts: 153
    edited July 2013

Thinking of you Chelle!  

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited July 2013

Chelle....Sweet dreams.

• Downey30
    Downey30 Member Posts: 199
    edited July 2013

Chelle,  we are all with you with positive energy for you to have an uneventful recovery and the best outcome.  Hugs

• gmp300
    gmp300 Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2013

Chelle- ((HUGS and Prayers))

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited July 2013

Chelle - my thoughts are with you today!  

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited July 2013

Chelle-((((hugs)))

Marty I often have burning sensations in my flanks. I can't massage the area as it hurts with that kind of touching. Hope it goes away. I am leaving for a Lake Michigan camp out for 10 days with no electricity or phone service. I hope to be back in time to send you in Marty. If not know that I am thinking of you. You will do great.

My daughter still has a swollen lymph node and is 7 weeks pregnant. I have to believe that all is well.

Take care everyone and "see" you in 11 days.

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Cherrie - Have a wonderful trip!  Wow, I wanna join you.  Sounds great.  My burning is only on certain movements, massage is fine.  Been working out hard - 8 mile bike rides and 2 x a week with a great trainer.  Trying to get ready for the next step. Thanks for your kind thoughts!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2013

How's Chelle?? 

• ssla01
    ssla01 Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2013

Five weeks out and the drains are still draining....sigh.

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited July 2013

gap drains are so juicy...sorry Sharon...the only mine would slow down was inactivity and compression.  I hope your will slow down soon

Maggie

• ssla01
    edited July 2013

Me too Maggie. I don't want to break your record. Lol

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited July 2013

Chelle...Can't wait to hear from you! Hope all is well:)

• chellehump
    chellehump Member Posts: 374
    edited July 2013

Hey ladies, thank you for all the well wishes. I'm doing ok just really sore. I had a hard time with nausea this time, but they worked hard with me to get it under control. I went about 48 without eating and what I did eat didn't stay down.

I'm at my friends house tonight and we have my pre-op appointment tomorrow at 9:30. I have two breasts drains and hope they will be gone tomorrow.

I'm typing from my phone and its kinda of blurry so I will update more later.

Thank you for all your support ladies!!

Chelle

• ssla01
    edited July 2013

(((hugs))) Chelle! Glad to hear an update. Get better soon.

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

Michelle..so happy to hear from you.  May the next few days be kind to you so you can put this pain behind you (no pun intended)  huggies

Maggie

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2013

Chelle, glad to hear from you. That doesn't sound like a pleasant time. Hopefully you are feeling better. Sounds like maybe you lost wieght from 2 days of "fasting" !!! 

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Chelle, so good to hear from you. Hoping Dr D got your backside fixed and pain free!

• Audrella
    edited July 2013

Great to see your update, Chelle!

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Chelle..sorry about the nausea...How's the backside doing? What did he do?

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

How long does it take for any swelling to go down after lipo to the thighs? My butt looks so much smoother from the lift:) but I don't notice any leg difference yet. My hubby says looks much smaller but jeans don't fit any different.

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Ok..I just googled my above question. I'm looking at 3-6 months for final result. Compression is so important to keep swelling at bay. I'v been so so wearing it 24/7 because it has been so freakin hot here!

• Audrella
    edited July 2013

It takes a good long while Melanie.  I've been told could be up to 12 months.  Definitely keep the compression going if you can stand it.  The longer the better.

I noticed a big difference on my inner thighs quickly, but it seems like everywhere else is taking time.  I've still got visible bruising on my flanks and it's been 5 months!  My guess is if there's bruising there's still likely swelling as well, so trying to be patient. 

Have a safe trip home, Chelle!

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

Here is a really dumb question.....what exactly are the flanks! Not sure if mine will be lipo-ed out but curious what to expect

Maggie---blonde and ignorant ;)

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Maggie - Flanks = back of waist.  

Blonde, but learned after they had been lipoed.

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

Thanks marty....cant wait to lose the love handles!

Maggie

• Barbmal5
    Barbmal5 Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013

Michelle, so glad to hear from you. Try to take things easy & let time, pain medication & God do the rest.

Question for all of you post stage 2ers, what kinds of things can I expect?

I'm heading into stage 2, Aug 14th, after my prophylactic DIEP on May 21st (12 weeks between). I don't get it, I was so obsessed with stage 1 - researching, planning, packing, worrying, wondering, talking.....

Now stage 2 is less than 2 weeks away & I've hardly given it a thought. I need to get prepared!! What should I be looking at (on myself)? Asking for (from doc)? Whats realistic? Do I just leave it totally up to Dr D? I know he's the expert but I also know there are things I should be thinking about & looking at before I get in there. Any thoughts?

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Barbma..that's exactly how I was before Stage 2. Write down anything that concerns you so you don't forget at preop. I had him remove a tumor from my shoulder that was the size of a walnut, revise my chemo port scar, shape breasts, nipples done , lipo to thighs for fat grafting to breasts and to fill in shark bites & butt lift . I should of had him lower my hysterectomy scar but I chickened out! Didn't want any more incisions. So ask for anything you want! Lol they work miracles!!!

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Melanie - how many days did it take you to recover from the thigh lipo?  My surgery is next Tuesday and we just learned that my DH needs major back surgery - like next week.

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Marty you will be sore for the 1st week but will be able to be up and about just no lifting more than 10lbs. I'm a little over 2 wks and almost all my bruising is gone and I'm riding my exercise bike as we speak! I was in more pain with Stage 1 and more sore with stage 2 if that makes any sense! You should be fine.

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

Marty...sorry to bear about the hubs...maybe you can share a room? Just kidding...hope all goes smooth.

Chelle--how are you. I think I have the same issue you did only mine is just one cheek. There is no sign of fluid building up but man it just hurts, burns ,pulls and is lumpy along the scar. Hoping you are finally getting relief from the months if pain.

I already got a tentative date for stage 2b Dec 4. Of course it depends on how well 2a goes...3wks and counting. At least the arm wrap comes off the week before so I will only have to wear my sleeve and glove...gonna feel like heaven

Maggie