Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• ssla01
    ssla01 Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2013

Yea Maggie! I know you mst feel free! No seromas!

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited July 2013

Maggie - a month of freedom before the next surgery!!!!!

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Cherrie - I think Dr. M may be there on occasion as she was there for Melanie's Stage 2.

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited July 2013

Cherrie..I wonder why the nurse told me she was there that day. I was all drugged up though! Lol

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited July 2013

Does this make my butt look big? There is so much padding in there it is hysterical.

No no no no seroma ( sung to my sharona)

Maggie

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Hahaha Mags!! Laughing so out loud at that!!! Seriously though NO SEROMAS!!!!!

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

Dang...I really thought that when the drain was gone the pain would go too...sadly it did not. It is not worse than before and is always worse when I am sitting which I of course am doing to keep that seroma away. The sharkbite butt still shows no signs of fluid build up so thats awesome. It sure is a lot easier without the drain and we are moving in the right direction

Maggie

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2013

SRoberts, I added your Sept. 5 Stage 1 SGAP surgery with Dr. Massey to the listing above.

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

I have a post-lipo question.  We did my flanks in April.  Sometimes on movement, I have a strong burning sensation in that area.  Anyone else experience this?  Any remedies?

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited July 2013

Marty, I never experienced that. Does it happen when you stretch? or just random? I would try stretching out the area and see if it helps? or not?

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

I don't feel it when I work out.  Just randomly.  When I roll out of bed.  When I stand up from the couch.  Very strange.

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

I have been getting that. I think it is nerves regenerating. It's a burning, stabbing pain with me, but it is getting better now.

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

As far as remedies, I believe moving and stretching is the best thing to break up scar tissue that may be forming.

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

Still no sign of seroma!!! Wootwoot

Marty sorry no advice..not had lipo yet...guessing Melanie is right that its nerves as that is the feeling I have had in my butt around the side of thigh since my gap surgery. You could text dr m and ask if it gets too bothersome

Maggie

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Thanks Melanie & Maggie - it isn't bothersome, just sometimes painful (only sometimes and fleetingly).  I will see Dr. M in 2 weeks for my pre-op to learn her plans.  She is already in Charleston.

• chellehump
    chellehump Member Posts: 374
    edited July 2013

YAY for being drain free ladies!!! Mags I am sure you are compressed to the gills and your comment about making your butt look big made me laugh :)

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. My stomach is doing summersaults. I met a friend yesterday to get a pedicure and some frozen yogurt and I confided in her how scared I am. I also told my hubby, but of course he knows me all to well and this wasn't/isn't a surprise to him cause it's written all over my face. I need this to work....
    We had a great night together Friday as a family and we took my son to the airport early Saturday morning and he is safely in Florida. It's rained since he got there, but I hope it'll clear up for them.

But, I am at work today and I have a smile on my face and I am laughing and joking with the people here like I always do.

I can't express how much the prayers & encouraging words mean to me ladies!! Thank you!!!

Chelle

• chellehump
    edited July 2013

Marty, I get that pain in my breasts where the fat grafting was done I think... I want to say it's nerves regenerating, but I honestly can't say for sure. I find myself massaging when it happens and it helps at times, so maybe stretching might help. Sorry I don't have more helpful advice.

• Barbmal5
    Barbmal5 Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013

Chelle, hang in there girl, you'll make it, you're a strong woman & you are blessed with a fighting spirit & a great support system - including us! God was just testing you the first time & you've been handling it with grace. Stay strong.

Doesn't it seem like we get more anxious each time we have another surgery? You think it'd get easier.

I'm praying for you every night. I even have my kids praying for each person on our list when their surgeries are up. They think some of the names are pretty funny even though I explain they are just computer names.

• mags20487
    edited July 2013

This is gonna be a fabulous week. Just got back from my Onc ck up and time to celebrate! My ctc was 0 and ca 27-29 was 16...lowest since dx! Almost at the 2yr mark which is huge for tn! So excited and wanted to share

Maggie

• MartyJ
    edited July 2013

Happy Days!!!!  Yeah Maggie.

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 553
    edited July 2013

Congratulations, Maggie!  I hope you are enjoying your drain-free and great-prognosis summer!

Sending good thoughts your way, Michelle!  I hope this one is a piece of cake!

• ssla01
    edited July 2013

Yea for Maggie! I think we should all celebrate every little thing.

• lastar
    edited July 2013

I agree!  After 4 surgeries last year, my spring and summer has been a big party.  Even getting work done feels like a party.  Putting the "fun" in "functional!"

• ssla01
    edited July 2013

As I sit here with two drains, it seems unreal that we are starting to discuss stage 2. I'd love to hear from the GAP girls. What did you have done at stage 2?

• lastar
    edited July 2013

My Stage 2 involved a bottom lift, thigh lipo, fat grafting in breasts, reduction in breasts (my Stage 1's were F cups!), & nipple reconstruction.  While it is hard to imagine another surgery, having the shark bite closed up is GREAT and recovery is WAY easier. 

• ssla01
    edited July 2013

I get that LAStar. I have a huge shark bite :-)

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Yes Stage 2 is easier ssla!! Shark bites gone..butt lift, shaping, lipo, contouring, nipples..whatever you need and want done! Sweet:)

Yay Mags.....happy dance!!!!!

• Russell1
    edited July 2013

Thinking of you Chelle!!! We are all thinking of you and know it's going to be great!!!

• chellehump
    edited July 2013

Yay Magie, that's awesome news!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Barb, what sweet words!!! I've read your post over & over :-) thank you so much!!! I am strong and ill get through this bump in the road.

Thank you all so much!!!!

You ladies are all amazing with such love and support!!!!

Hugs to you all!!!!

Chelle

• ssla01
    edited July 2013

Good luck Chelle!