MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

cookiegal - I'm sending a virtual case of Thin Mints your way...

Keep up whatever skin product you used during radiation for at least a month after, drink lots of water, rest, be nice to yourself. 

Happy page 100! And to anyone facing the daunting task of trying to read all 100 pages - sorry about that!

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Happy page 100 to all, I will eat a cheeto to that, broke down and bought a bag, and a glass of homemade concord wine, oh yes.  Will try the whiskey shake but may use irish cream instead!!  Thanks Elimar but cannot take the melatonin due to thyroid.  Hope all have a good weekend.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

We can have a "Super-Page Party", pass the Cheetos, please.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    I've got a 1/2 hr before I'm off work.  Don't eat everything before I can get thereWink 
  • one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

We have had to do some serious writing to get to 100, but it has been a fun experience.  You ladies are great companions.

Juannelle

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

cookiegal, sorry you are feeling poorly with the "rads hangover."  It takes some weeks to come out of that.  Just do what Kleenex said.  In the meantime, you need a butler to help out. I mean Gerard Butler.  Oh look, he can do your laundry too.

Gerard Butler Pictures, Images and Photos

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

elimar you made me smile...hoo hoo!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

OMG !!!!

Congrats on making it to 100 pages everyone!

Trish

• Ezscriiibe
    Ezscriiibe Member Posts: 139

I did not KNOW that a sleeve of Thin Mints = 1 serving!

Awesome!

• Meece

I thought a box of Thin Mints was a serving.

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Ohhhhhhh it would be a hard choice thin mint whiskey shake or that man!!!!!! Oh, hell why not both. He would be a really good looking cyber man dontcha think?

Meece,  thats what I was thinking no one to argue with but myself, and a sleigh ride in the Alps a concert Christmas Eve in Mozarts music hall.

Maybe the room comes with thin mints and Gerard but I am kicking him out right after (:

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Right after what? EmbarassedSurprised
  • Meece

Oh, after he delivers the Thin Mints, Barbe.  What were YOU thinking?

• barbe1958

And just HOW does he delivery them??? Hhhmmmmm?

• OG56
    Oh your bad girls, I just wanted him to do my laundry Embarassed
  • barbe1958

Yah, I've heard it called THAT before....and if it's a small load, you do it by hand, right?

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!  Thanks Barbe, that was a good one!

• OG56

Thats why we love you Barbe because you have dirty little mind and a wonderfully developed sense of humor!  In this case I would not being doing any work because he is the hired man (:

Sex is the # 1 topic of conversation amongst humans, and since Arimidex thats all I really want to do is talk about it LOL !!

• Meece

Does Arimidex make you "interested"?

• OG56

Nope, I wish! When they take away all the Estrogen it can leave you without much of a Libido. Thank the goddess that I still have good memories...

• Meece

I am ignorant about the Rx stuff, being TN none of it is in my Tx.

Mine never left even during chemo, rads or now.  Poor Dh can't keep up.

• OG56

That is great Meece at least you didn't loose that too! my husband wonders where the women he married went, and now all thats left is a tired, not very interested old lady (sigh) I miss me too!  I tried to tell the Dr. that I went from 60 to 0 in no time flat but all they can say is sorry thats what happens...No Mojo

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Cookiegal - sorry for the rads hangover, it sucks!  I remember it took me a couple of weeks before my skin felt better.  I lived for the Rx cream I had!

Elimar, I think that Gerard has a laundry basket in the way!  Hmmm, he needs to put that down! 

I'm with OmahaGirl, since being on Femara, that's all I really want to do is "talk about it" - my poor, tolerant DH. - - [edited to add] I just read your last post and you said exactly how I feel.  I'm sorry we feel that way but I'm glad you could put it into words and that I'm not the only one who feels exactly the same way.  I'd really like the old me back.

Good Night Ladies, I'm going to bed now, and I mean SLEEP!  LOL.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

OK-time to start the party.  Why is Gerard carrying that basket?  Put it down!

Femara hasn't done a thing to my sex life!  I'm just as I was before I started it!  Nada, zilch, nothing, no how, no where for over SIX (count them) SIX years!!!!  I wouldn't know what to do with one, if I had one! And don't say 1 what.....

And Thin Mints are 1 box=1 serving in my world!

Joni 

Woot woot-I get to start page 101

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Barbe....Thats the south of Turkey. I have never been there but I know its beautiful down there.
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

3000 posts Pictures, Images and Photos

I've posted a few times before when we have hit a milestone...and now here is another:  3,000 Posts!  (Coinciding with the 100 Pages.)  That's pretty awesome!

I'm not going to make this a lengthy post, but wanted to say thanks to the "regulars" for establishing a nice community feel on here and setting such a high standard of decorum (aha-ha-ha, snort, snort.)   Special shout-out to FaithandFifty and Barbe1958, two "charter members" from page one.  (Where's NebraskaGrandma these days?)

Welcome to new posters just joining in.  Don;t worry about going back to page one unless you feel like it.  There's lots of past hilarity, but we're cranking out new stuff all the time.  We are always happy to answer serious questions too, and almost always with serious answers.  On this thread we share the laughs and the tears.

Keep on keepin' on, my Sister Survivors!

• Meece

Elimar, you have done a wonderful job on this thread.  Thanks for being such a great hostess.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

WTG Elimar!  Nothing like having a milestone to celebrate! 

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Sex, oh for the memories!!  My mind says yes but mine and DH body as a rule says yea right.  Cuddling is still great though.  I have never been to Europe we have been traveling the US.  I am cruisisng with my sisters soon to the Caribean, anyone with any have to see's on Grand Cayman, Belize or Cozemel?  So far we are planning on snorkling and seeing the ruins in Cozemel.

What kind of Calcium and Vit D does anyone take?  My DH picked up Caltrate W D, think I took citrocal last time, just wondering which is best.  With having my thyroid out next month am supposed to make sure I take it and try to boost my intake.  I am adding powdered milk to some items to boost it too.   Tamoxifien been casing some anxiety lately but try to destress when I get unnerved!!  Oh what joys, life with chemistry!!

• OG56

Good morning,

Carollynn, do you eat yogurt? I just increased my calcium and protein by adding greek yogurt to my diet. even Yoplait has gotten on this band wagon. Why don't you see if the ladies on the Natural thread can guide you to "best practice" I find them to be very educated on these issues.

Arimidex causes anxiety too, it sux's so I take drugs to sleep every night and I don't care because I love to sleep and I need it. (:

Elimar, I love the all the picture headers, they make me smile everytime I come to this thread. I really love the little mouse today, thanks.

Have some fun this weekend ladies,

Gerard is stoping by later to return my laundry basket