MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

He'll be late Omaha.....trust me.

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Omahagirl, thanks for the suggestions, I do eat yogurt several days a week.  I eat Stoneyfield and add it to lots of dishes.  Maybe I am good already!!  Can I borrow the clothesbasket when you are done?  Just ask Gerard to stop in!!!  I am sure my DH won't mind.

• hmm
    hmm Member Posts: 957

Carollyn,

It is fun to swim with the sting rays while in Grand Cayman. What cruise line are you taking? Have fun.....

Pat

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Hey everyone-question-a friend of my mom's has been diagnosed with what she was told is "crystals" in her breast.  She is having a lumpectomy on Monday and has been told she will have to have 6wks of radiation.  Have you heard the term "crystals" before in reference to breast cancer?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

carolyn79, the Mayan ruins on Cozumel are pretty interesting.  I enjoyed them more than going down to Tulum on the mainland.  If you want to get out of the sun for an hour (or if it's bad weather) I will recommend the little museum on the main street in the town.  It has Caribbean pirate history displays, artifacts and such; also there is a courtyard with a Mayan village with many old implements and housewares of that time.  There were some re-enacters doing their thing when I was there. If you like stuff like that.

• elimar
    Eph3_12, Could it mean "microcalcifications," like what is found along with atypical hyperplasia? 
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Thanks Elimar!  I think that's what it is, but this gal is a relatively new friend of my mom's & I've not met her so I don't know how savvy of a woman she is.  I sent my mom a bunch of stuff off Google to send to her friend.

Carolyn-I am so jealous!  I was a on cruise in 89 that hit those places.  Honestly I don't remember much but the Mayan ruins that Elimar mentioned and that I told myself if I ever had the chance I'd return to Grand Cayman just because it is so beautiful!  Have fun! 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

My family is also going on a cruise on the 21st, so any recommendations are greatly welcomed!  We are stopping in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cosumel.  I would like to see the Mayan ruins (Cozumel??) , do some snokelling (Grand Cayman??)  and my kids want to swim with dolphins!!  I wanted to do the Dunn's Falls, but it would waste too much time to travel there!!  Any other suggestions???  Really looking forward to this vacation (my grab life by the horns trip!!). 

Thanks everyone, this thread always puts a smile on my face!!

• fmakj

My family is also going on a cruise on the 21st, so any recommendations are greatly welcomed!  We are stopping in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cosumel.  I would like to see the Mayan ruins (Cozumel??) , do some snokelling (Grand Cayman??)  and my kids want to swim with dolphins!!  I wanted to do the Dunn's Falls, but it would waste too much time to travel there!!  Any other suggestions???  Really looking forward to this vacation (my grab life by the horns trip!!). 

Thanks everyone, this thread always puts a smile on my face!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Well, ladies, in this cold weather we need to protect our lips.  So look what I found to help us do that.

Photobucket

• hmm
    hmm Member Posts: 957

Thank you Meece...................... hmmmm..................I like it.

Pat

• elimar

That would make me lick my lips all the more, I'm afraid.   Tongue out

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
  • suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

LOL - I told DH about the lip balm and he wondered if one gets orange lips when applying that yummy cheetos lip balm??  I wonder if we could write the company and ask for lasagne, thin mint cookie and whiskey milk shake flavors to go along with the cheetos flavor??

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I miss the "old me" too.....I wasn't looking to change....there really wasn't anything wrong with me till this darn BC Dx...4 years later, I am still wondering what happened to me..and waiting for her to come back!!

• carollynn79

Thamks all for the cruise advice, we definitly want to go to the ruins so thanks for the other tips Elimar.  We are going on Carnival the ship Glory.  We will stop at Grand Caymen, Isla Roatan, Belize and Cozemel.  I love snorkling so we are going to go at least once.  Looking forward to no computer, no doctor appontments, no worries just enjoying my family.  Once back, doctors, tests, surgery and work oh well, a escape form reality will be nice!!!

Mary Louise what cruiseline are you taking?  What day will you be on Grand CAyman and Cozemel?  I wil be on Grand Caymen, Tuesday and Cozemel on Friday.

• fmakj

We are going on Carnival Conquest.  We'll be in Gr. Cayman on the 25th (Thurs) and Cozumel 26th (Friday).  Are you going this same week???  We could run into each other in Cozumel at the ruinsl!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Enjoy your cruises carollynn and Mary Louise.  How fun.  DH and I just returned from a week in Cancun/Playa Del Carmen and it was so wonderful to not have dr. appointments and to just enjoy each other and the warm sunshine.  I hope you both have a terrific time.  Sounds like Tulum isn't has nice as the ruins on Cozumel but we really enjoyed our tour of the Tulum ruins!

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

I really liked the Tulum ruins, bring a suit, you can go down the hill and swim!!!!

• carollynn79

Mary Louise I think we are going to be at Cozemel on the same day!!!!  I will IM you too.  We are going to the ruins but don't know what time yet.  We are leaving from Miami where are you sailing from?

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Caribbean Bound Ladies, I will ask my DD about Grand Caymans, her in-laws take all the kids there every year on vacation (to bad they don't include me)..

It's just another Monday ):

• desdemona222b
    desdemona222b Member Posts: 90

Meece -

If you're really economical, you could probably make that lip balm from a crushed cheeto or two, then add a little shea butter and parafin wax.  Should work like a charm.

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

Swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman is definitely a highlight!  Also, renting a jeep on Cozumel and driving yourself around the island is a lot of fun.  There are several beaches that you can stop at and rent snorkel equipment on your own, and it's much cheaper than going through the cruise line.

• Meece

Is orange the new shade of lips this season?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!  I missed the call from the PS office today!  Now I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon when I get off work to call them back!   Dear Lord, please let it be the recon date and not a message about some problem that's come up. . . .

I NEED CHEETOS!!!!!  I NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!   Is there such a thing as chocolate covered Cheetos?  

• elimar

NativeMainer, Good news, bad news...There ARE chocolate covered Cheetos BUT you have to go to Japan to get them.  (Or maybe a West Coast import store???)

p.s.  That other flavor is strawberry...gaaaaaak!  That's just not right.

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322

You could melt some chocolate and dip the cheetos....chocolate cheetos fondue.

• Meece

My son lives in Japan, should I have his send US a care package?

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

holy sh-t!!!!! Choco cheetos!!!!!!!!

I might even like the strawberry!!

What a find.

Still suffering with nasty blister, will have to somehow deal and get out of the house tomorrow.

Onc app and hubby birthday (boy toy is 39)

I will also get bone density results...so please cross fingers for me.

Having trouble with hand so sorry for short sentences.

o's to all

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Cookie, hope you are feeling less crispy this morning and can have some fun tonight....

Gerard was at my house for a couple of hours last night! Okay, okay he was on the T.V. but I certainly was looking at him in a whole new light.

Have a wonderful morning Middies,

Linda