Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

loral- I don't feel so alone anymore lol

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Having a significant part of the colon removed keep things flowing; however, I cannot recommend this to anyone. ThumbsDown

I think the ladies have come up with better solutions for you, D-rose. ThumbsUp

barsco1963, how the heck are ya? Have you had recent scans? What about TMs, do you get those? What maintenance drug are you on? Just nosy and requesting an update, since you only check in every now and then.

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Elimar...No kidding, too many of us have pooper problems...

• loral

Diana...the constipation group is too large!!! ScaredNow I see ads for a prescription constipation pill...Loopy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338

I have the opposite problem.

I have delicate bowels, or as Eddie Huang's father (Louis Huang) says on the TV comedy, "Fresh Off the Boat," "[She] has gentle bowels." I nearly fell over when I heard that. It means the same thing: prone to major diarrhea. Even when I was on Norco, I still went 2 or 3X a day. Now that I'm off Norco and on Xeloda, it's bad news - up to 6X per day, and that's with Imodium. Like I said in another post on another thread, when it gets really bad, I have to wear Depends because I can't always hobble to the loo in time with my back being the way it is.

Fun times.

• Dianarose

Lita- we need a happy medium 😎

Pocket party tomorrow at 1:30 so they can remove this dam stent. Ex-lax brownies are a must lol

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Dianarose, they map for radiation with a CT machine. Twilight drugs require an IV as well, so that's not going to make a difference for you.

Where are the lymph nodes? Are we still talking kidney here or somewhere else? I might have forgotten your "story".....

• loral

Diana: Best Wishes for a quick procedure!

Cheers!

• Dianarose

Barbe- one is on the outside of the right ureter and crushing it and there are more in different areas of the abdomen. General makes me wake up dizzy with double vision

Local- looks yummy

• barbe1958

What is that brown drink with those brown balls?

• Dianarose

Success 👍👍👍👍 I think Lorals post scared the crap out of me 😜

• elimar

Appropriate beverage, Loral!

Barbe, Don't you recognize Prune Juice? And those are stewed prunes in the bowl. It's an acquired taste.

• elimar

Did anyone see this last Wednesday on the NBC Nightly News? That's what I'm talkin' about.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/report-doctors-overdiagnose-thyroid-cancer-80-percent-of-time-746148419736

Sorry, there's an ad you are forced to watched, but check out the report. Now, I wonder if my fear-mongering endocrinologist, or my scalpel-happy endocrine surgeon happened to see it? Of course "active surveillance" doesn't net the $$$ that surgery and Synthroid for life does, so I am sure it will take a good long while for this approach to gain wide acceptance. Sometimes the pendulum just does not swing fast enough.

• loral

Barbe: Yummy Prune Juice with a side of Prunes!!!!Smile

• loral

Elimar: I saw that and thought about you...over treatment??? I'm glad you're giving it a lot of thought.

• barbe1958

never in my life have I ever

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

It's just too bad it takes so long to change practice. My commercial was after!

Ola, Barbe, your hair is looking great!

• Dianarose

Stent and fire breathing dragon are gone🤗 Got there at 12:45 got in at 3:15 😖

Next they are going thru my back to do a needle biopsy of that one node on the ureter. Fun never ends😱

El- I agree with Loral. You have so much to think about. Mind boggling

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

Diana--it never seems to end for you. They couldn't do the biopsy and remove the stent at the same time? Maybe it's time to ask how many more procedures they have planned for you--you know, get the list written out and look at it all at once rather than one at a time. See how many can be done with just one trip under anesthesia.

• Dianarose

Native Maine- the urologist does the stent and the radiologist does the biopsy. The stent is done in the OR and the biopsy will be done in the CT scanner through my back. Usually awake. I need a break to get my strength back. Has taken a toll on me the past few months. The hospital that did the scans wants no part of the biopsy because of the location. Have a feeling the bag on my leg is going to be a long term companion 😖

• Dianarose

imagelast minute I decided to make a cake for the cake contest I do each year. Only had 4 hours so it's not my best and was happy I finished and got it there on time. Take that breast cancer 👍

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338

Wow! That's great!

• loral

Beautiful, You're very creative!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

I'm amazed at your energy and talent Diana! Good luck with the contest. You've got my vote. :)

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Eli - watched the video - 80% over diagnosis is a big number. I think maybe over the years while new technology has been able to detect cancer earlier, over dx has risen for a lot of cancers.  Research is key to helping one make a decision on tx.

Quick update on me. I still on an even keel with my health (cancer wise) and tx. Tamoxifen is keeping everything at a standstill which I am grateful for each and every day. I have graduated to onc visits/scans every 6 mos unless something comes up. DH and I are finally able to enjoy our home/property that we purchased last year (the first yr was a lot of digging and construction = not so much fun). I am gearing up for the yearly fundraiser that I organize for mbc research and local cancer unit upgrades. Really just enjoying summer, friends and family!

• Dianarose

Barsco- I am happy you are doing well🤗. Even keel is good. I don't enjoy having to pee in a bag but so thankful for being pain free right now. Not sure what the plan is going to be as no be wants to do the biopsy because of location. MO is on vacation until next month so will wait and see.

• Dianarose

Got first place on my cake and second on a photo I entered 🤗

• elimar

Barsco, That is fantastic that you only have to go to doc/scans every six months!!!

D-rose, You still got it, girl! All the kidney drama and you still take home the cake prize. No stopping you Mighty Baker Queen.

• Dianarose

Thanks everyone! Tomorrow we have the King Arthur competition. It's a family affair. Me, hubby, teenager, and granddaughter. The kids have to make muffins and the adults cookies. I am making carrot cake sandwich cookies with a cream cheese frosting filling and hubby is making cheese cake filled snicker doodles. Son is making Huckleberry Finn muffins and granddaughter is making zucchini oat muffins. It's all about what the judges like. There are some Menonite ladies that enter who can really bake. Hubby beat them last year and was just glowing

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

WTG, Diana! And good luck to the rest of the family on the next one!