Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

surgery was over an hour late. Took 3 people and 6 try's to get the IV in. Doc said it went wel. Took abuout an hour. I do have pain and the feeling like I have to pee all the time. When I do pee it feels like I am Peeing fire😖. Thanks for the pocketparty🤗 I did cheat this morning. My sugar was only 61 so had a third of a cup of coffee with 6 sugars

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Like this, Dianarose, but peeing? Yow!

Glad the procedure is over and that you will have relief soon. Can you use anything like AZO-Standard (that usually provides some relief for your garden variety fiery pee situations?)

• Dianarose

THAT'S it Eli!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh no!! I was hoping you would have had the gentle experience I had....let us know how you feel tomorrow.....

• Dianarose

so much groin and low back pain. Passing a lot of blood too. I am just wanting a pain free day. It's been over 2 months

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Aw Diana Gentle Hugs this morning. Hoping today is a better day for you. Coffee and tea are just not negeotiable items in my book.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

{{{{{Diana}}}}}

• Dianarose

Having a tough time. Pain was so bad yesterday hubby called doc and then went to ER. Did blood work, X-ray, and ultra sound. Stent appears to be working but there is an infection. Not doing well with pain Meds. Didn't make it to the bathroom and threw up violently. My poor hubby

• barbe1958

So glad you got checked out! An infection certainly doesn't help! How quick it developed too. Shame on your team.

Gentle hugs sweetie. You should start to feel better on antibiotics.

• elimar

Sorry to hear that, Dianarose. Pain, vomiting, and and ER visit are not restful at all and here I was hoping you could rest up this weekend and begin to feel better. How is the pain today?

• Dianarose

The pain is better. Just feeling weak. Trying to eat a bit.

• elimar

Hey all, this is totally unrelated to both cancer and even middle-age but I don't feel like conducting a phone survey of friends right now so I'm just going to throw this out (and it's not like my lowbrow-ness is a big secret either): WHAT should I start to binge watch on Netflix now? I am stressed with not being able to get out from under persistent doctoring and I need something either really absorbing or humorous to take my mind away to a better place.

If you have a suggestion for me, don't just tell me WHAT, but tell me why I should go with your recommendation; and then, don't anyone get pouty if I don't pick your fave, o.k.? I'm hoping someone will steer me to something I may have overlooked. Appreciate the input. No spoilers!

• MameMe
    MameMe Member Posts: 215

Hulu has three seasons of Line of Duty, from Great Britain. Top award winner there, and the smartest, best cast crime and police procedural EVER! I am picky. Sorry its not on Netflix .

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887

Elimar, I don't know if it's on Netflix but I loved "Arrested Development." It's humorous in a wry, off-kilter way, filled with the kind of characters that put the fun in dysfunctional and set in sunny California to boot. I think it's one that people either love or just don't connect with, however.

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

If you didn't watch 'House,MD, then maybe it can help you to see drs in a different light. Plus, with all the research that i KNOW you do, (you are prolly one like me, who clicks on ALL the links), then its really fun to try and guess the particular ailment of the week. Plus, again, there's LOTS of them. I guessed right twice. Did you already watch Orphan Black? That lady deserves some kind of medal, for her thoroughness and ability to change are remarkably believable. Gosh, that's a lot of words I really don't know how to spell.

• stellamaris
    stellamaris Member Posts: 313

Lost, American Detective, Sherlock (Benjamin Cumberbatch), True Crime, Carnavale, American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad......

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Broen (The Bridge), the original Scandi production, which is totally addictive, or else Fawlty Towers. Those things still make me laugh, no matter what.

• elimar

Seen about half of what is mentioned so far, but I'll have to look into a few of those other suggestions: Carnivale, The Bridge, maybe American Detective. I don't know if I would have thought of those myself, so thanks. I kind of like how they just have a few seasons each so they won't be eternal commitments.

Turnabout is fair play, so in return allow me to suggest a Netflix offering with just a few seasons (but plans for more) and it was creepy and good: The Fall. The only thing is that if you cannot stand a slow moving pace, you will rip your head off while watching this one...maybe wait til Winter to watch it.

MameMe, I say Netflix and you throw some Hulu at me? Come on now.

• barbe1958

We JUST got Netflix and have already finished all the seasons of Last Man Standing! HILARIOUS!!! And I'm a pretty picky TV watcher. It's the guy from Home Improvement but this time he has 3 girls. There are references to his old show which is very funny and his older girls are just hoots!!

We finished it all last night and I'm depressed now......

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

barbe - I hear ya. There is a sense of "what do we do now?" once you have watched the series in it's entirety (spelling looks weird but I googled it so it's gotta be right).

I'm with Tomboy on Orphan Black. Lots of action with a bit of humour mixed in. It is amazing how Tatiana pulls off her portrayal of so many characters! Perhaps I am biased due to her being Canadian?!

• Dianarose

Does anyone watch Once Upon a Time

• barbe1958

My cousin Helen Shaver became the director of Orphan Black for some time. I just watched it all this year on DVDs and loved it!

What is Once Upon A time about?

• Dianarose

Barbe- it's all fairytale and magic. It's a great distraction from the real world.

• MameMe
    MameMe Member Posts: 215

Elimar, I am so excited about that show, I couldn't NOT suggest it! Its supposed to get on BBC 1 this season, I read. Does that help? No, I thought not! Oh well...

Isn't The Fall creepy?! I keep hoping they do a season 3, but no dice so far. The guy who plays the villain in The Fall is also in The Killing (on Netflix, btw), which is dark as heck but we keep watching . He plays a detective with some shady behaviors.

Life, about a guy who gets outta jail after a long time, and launches into his former work as a cop.... older but excllent. Blue Murder, British, best female cop lead ever.

• hopeful82014
    hopeful82014 Member Posts: 887

There are some series that I think are best watched with a spouse/partner (As Time Goes By, Fresh Fields, for two). If you were a fan of Downton Abbey you might enjoy Upstairs, Downstairs, The Forsyte Saga or Brideshead Revisited. I also loved Paradise Postponed and its sequels. Those are all BBC productions and widely available through libraries. If you're into history and haven't seen some of the early Masterpiece Theatre productions, such as The Six Wives of Henry the 8th or The First Churchills you may enjoy them and they're all enjoyable watched on one's own, I think.

MameMe - "Life" sounds intrguing; I'll have to look for it. Thanks.

• stellamaris
    stellamaris Member Posts: 313

absolutely fabulous, too. Those two gals are my idols lol

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

The Closer (I scored all 7 seasons DVDs at a yard sale this spring for $14!!!) Good characters, good stories, good writing, just plain good. Even if you watched it when it was on, it's fun to go back to the beginning and watch all the way through. You've probably already done Dexter, but that's one of my favs. Currently working my way thru Game of Thrones. Loved Vikings. Blood and guts, I am sensing a theme!

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Last Man Standing great show, with political jokes and sarcasm thrown in.......Winking

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Eph, yes! Love The Closer, especially since I am slightly autistic blonde.

• elimar

I hate to say it (not really...) but you all threw a bunch of suggestions out there and then I mentioned three of those that I was interested to at least check out but NONE of those three are on Netflix. Not Netflix Streaming anyway.

Sad

??????