Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

{{{{{Diana}}}}}}

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Up most of the night with the worst acid reflux that burned my throat and roof of my mouth along with vomit. I pray that the chemo works and works quickly. Stomach hurts and just feel like a pile of poop 💩. This is no way to live

• nativemainer

Oh, Diana. Praying for you.

• Dianarose

my uncle passed away today. His wife committed suiside just a week and a half ago. Feel so bad for my cousins.

Did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Got 8 people done 😁

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh Diana!! You have more energy than me and I only have radiation pneumonitis!!! How do you do it??????

• nativemainer

{{{{Diana}}}}

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Dianarose, you are the Energizer Bunny's human relative, in my opinion. So sorry about your uncle; that whole dynamic is so sad. Prayers for your cousins and of course you!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Eph, You must be working the night shift now?

Barbe, Sorry to learn about your radiation pneumonitis. It's a SE that is not uncommon but I don't remember anyone saying a word about it before I underwent rads. Another "dirty little secret" they don't tell us. Are you one steroids for that now?

Dianarose, Sympathy to you and your extended family. You did say he had been ill a long time. Did he know his wife was gone? I wonder if she knew he was near the end and was feeling depressed about that? I wonder if he knew she was gone and "decided" it was his time as well? People say that kind of stuff all the time so it makes me curious. As for you, good job on the Xmas shopping and if you meant actual shopping (rather than online) than I have to think you have a little strength returning. Even if you did mean online, you are still amazing to be thinking of others while going thru' all that aggravation yourself. Chemo Weds. sounds exhausting, boring, and the least fun anyone can have in an eight hour period. Is your DH going to keep you company? Of course, we WILL all be weighing down your pockets and if you don't get the total V.I.P. treatment, watch out...we are ready to march!

• elimar

Feeling quite good lately, myself. So good that I kind of hate to be facing a surgery. Trying not to think about the ugly little scar that I will be sporting on my neck by the end of the week. It's scar #12, but all my other ones are hidden under clothing. This will be the first one that will be saying "hiya" every time I look into a mirror. This will be the kind of scar strangers stare at. Besides that little souvenir, my actual worries, in order of importance, are: managing to wake up from anesthesia, not having two paralyzed vocal nerves, and getting a decent entubation where I don't have a sore throat for days afterward. (I've had gentle before and I have had rough so I will definitely be stating my preference on that.)

I wonder if my surgeon will actually look at my thyroid nodule while he is in there...hope no surprises about that. I had to fight so hard to get them to leave my thyroid alone, that nodule better just be in there keeping to itself and not making any trouble. Other than all that, I say good riddance to a bad parathyroid. I've spent too much time in the last year on that stupid thing and want to move on now.

Just don't have a lot to say about BC anymore, but I will post to let you know how boring THIS surgery is. HOPING for BORING!

• Dianarose

I did actual shopping. Toy isle is easy. I have done some online with the canvas people. Had one done in black and white and it's beautiful ❤️ I felt good Saturday but think I over did it a bit. Resting today. Well doing laundry. Making the rest of my Christmas list so I don't forget anyone 😜.

El-when is your surgery?

I called and no results yet on my Her2. Has anyone have this change on them. Still praying for negative.

I am sure the note my aunt left explained her reasons but I don't know the contents.

Hope everyone has a great day and get some cute trick or treaters

• Dianarose

mimage

• Dianarose

• barbe1958

What an usually beautiful picture!!

El, I always challenge the anesthetist when we have the pre-surgery consult. Now I never feel sick when I wake up and don't even have a bad throat. When you mention stuff, it makes them aware. Hope it all works out for you. What will be the implication of taking out your parathyroid?

I've read that the pneumonitis can be cured WITH treatment. I had even told my onc that I was so breathless one day we almost called an ambulance. He didn't offer anything and didn't even mention it! I got a copy of my CT scan from my regular doc and saw it on that. Also the fact that I have a new 1.3 cm node in my lung which has appeared since my last CT in February! He didn't say anything about that either, just asked if I had a cough. No. I'm dealing with some brain issues right now but will certainly address the lung when I'm happy with what's going on in my head. I'm going to be getting a special cerebral angiography CT. I'm also trying to get my pacemaker switched out for one that is MRI compliant. That's going to take a while but I really need an MRI. I could get a PET but it won't help for my brain as the brain is too active to show anything specific.

Wow, I just told y'all a lot more than anyone else knows except my DH!

• Dianarose

Barbe- you have a ton on your plate 😢. Are there any chemos you can try or trials?

• barbe1958

There's a lot of chemos I can do if and when they figure out what is wrong. It's driving my sister nuts. She lives in Portland, Oregon and thinks our Canadian doctors move too slow.

• Dianarose

Barbe- can you come here

• elimar

Barbe (and Dianarose,) although somewhat different, you both seem to be in the same boat. Trying to get at the root of the problem to determine the correct course of action. I know "the wheels of justice turn very slowly." There should be a saying like that about disease treatment...sometimes it takes a loooong time to get things rolling. It takes an awful lot of patience. I'm bad at patience, so I hope they get the lead out and get you both feeling better without further ado, a.s.a.p., immediately, right now!

Well, Barbe, only one of my four parathyroid glands is coming out. Too lazy to type it all again, but Google either "parathyroid disease" or "hyperparathyroidism" (same thing) and, while I am pretty much symptom-free at this point, you can see what harm not getting the little bugger out can do.

• barbe1958

El, I know you've been getting it all tested and the work-up on your thyroid as well. I just don't recall when the dust settled and they decided to take that piece out....was it when you changed docs?

• elimar

Yes, Barbe, my local surgeon wanted to remove my entire thyroid, based on one nodule suspected to be (and likely to be) thyroid cancer during the time he would be removing the parathyroid that is malfunctioning (putting out too much PTH.) Thyroid cancer is unusual as far as cancer goes, and often will just sit there for a person's entire life. I have scans over a 3 1/2 year period which lead me to believe that mine is following that course of being indolent. Since my thyroid is 100% working, I was not o.k. with losing it. Fortunately, I found a doc that was of the same opinion. Might I need thyroid surgery in the future? Statistically, the odds are I my favor that I will not, so we shall see.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,308

El - I agree with Barbe. Do meet with the anesthesiologist first - or at least let them know you want to talk before the put you out. The last two times I got a scop patch and they switched the gas & no Versed. It made all the difference.

• elimar

MT, That's all part of the pre-surgical consult . Don't forget, this isn't my first surgery. I have my checklist all ready.

• nativemainer

What a wonderful pic!

Barbe--I didn't know they made MRI compliant pacemakers.I get so angry about the stuff they don't tell us about radiation.

• Dianarose

I am not sure just what my MO is testing for. I know the chemo sensitivity and Her2. They must all be very expensive because last week I had to fill out some sort of financial aid from the lab that does the testing. I got an email yesterday that I won't be charged for anything the insurance won't cover. Hurray😍.

• barbe1958

Happy that you don't have to pay for the tests, Dianarose! Enough is enough! We'll all be with you tomorrow, will you nap? Tell us when to shut up if we get too noisy...

• Dianarose

Just got the call that my Her2 is negative 💕. Doing the happy dance 💃. Only one chemo, Taxol.

• barbe1958

Great news!!

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Diana... good news, happy for you, hoping for the best for you tomorrow!Heart

• nativemainer

YEAH!!!!

• minustwo

Eli - I checked back but am not sure if your surgery is this week. If so, hope all goes well. Please let us know.

Dianarose - good luck with the chemo "of choice".

• minustwo

Eli - I agree about BC often moving into the rear view mirror many days. Then just when I think things have settled down, 'up jumps the devil'. I just found out my cousin had a BMX and is now struggling through chemo-land.