Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Thinking of you today Diana rose.....

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Almost didn't have chemo today because my counts are so low but went ahead with it. Getting a blood transfusion tomorrow. Also found out my scan showed mets t to my spine😢. Chemo went as good as it goes. Out of sorts right mo

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Dianarose, I hope that you are able to withstand and get beyond this treatment regimen! I have high hopes! You are a true warrior!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338

Prayers that those damn SEs aren't too bad for you since your counts are down.

I just had a measly Zometa bone infusion on Monday afternoon, and now I'm feeling like shiz. This seems to be the typical pattern for me a couple days after, no matter how I prepare or how much bland food I eat. Not too much bone/joint pain this time, but lots of nausea, and diarrhea is on the way....I can feel the rumblings already :-(. Hopefully it will dissipate by Friday because I'm going to the big, all day Bay Area Cancer Connections conference. I'm just gonna take a couple of swigs of Imodium before I leave, put on a pair of Depends, and hope for the best ;o).

Lita

• Dianarose

lita- zometa made me feel like poop 💩 too. Aches and pains with nausea. I got a prolia shot today. It will be once a month. Hope the side effects for you go quic

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Dianarose, Happy for your good Her2 negative news!

MinusTwo, It was yesterday and harder than I thought. My whole neck hurts. Every muscle in it. I think they had me assume some unnatural neck position for two hours, while the front of it got the full manhandling treatment. Right now my scar looks crooked. I hope it isn't after the swelling goes down because I don't know how my OCD is gonna live with that. The anesthesia hangover was terrible, and normally I would have probably encamped on the couch for the rest of the day but in this case it was a long car ride home and I could not sit upright because that was too nauseating. I had to have the seat all the way down and just lay there, not sleeping either. Because I was nauseated, and throat so sore, it was hard to eat something. With nothing on my stomach, there was no way I was going to be able take the percocet they gave me. Finally, I did eat some soup and got on the percocet and that helped. For some stupid reason, they gave me large tabs of percocet too. I had to bust it up into about 8 pieces to get it down. What were they thinking to give me those horse pills?

I feel a little better today, but still foggy. I am going to try to walk it off.

• barbe1958

Gentle hugs to you e. My hysterectomy scar was crooked and on my follow up I gave the surgeon a snide comment. His response? "I went to med school, not art school." We laughed and laughed....

• elimar

It hurts to laugh...

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,307

Eli - thanks for the report. I hope today & tonight will be more comfortable.

I had a hysterectomy 25 years ago and the scar is a crooked smile - higher on one end. Strange coincidence, the PS who did my breast reconstruction is the son of my original OB/Gyn. I doubt he passed along my jibe about symetery to his dad, who retired many years ago, but the son's stitch lines are gorgeous. You can barely see the scars.

• Dianarose

Have a serious situation. My red blood cells are killing them selves. Got two different chemos today to see if it helps stop what is going on. Will go back to cancer center on Sunday. She said there have only been 8 other cases like this. She told me to get my affairs in order. Didn't see this coming. Thanks for all the love and support I have gotten from all my friends here. I love you all. I will try to keep you updated or I will have my friend post. Keep fighting and praying.

Diana

• minustwo

Diana - so sorry to hear this new development. We will be with you.

• barbe1958

Oh rear God, you are on my prayers sweetie! I pray they get a handle on how to turn this all around. I cannot imagine your angst.

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Diana....I pray that they are wrong and your body keeps fighting, take care I'm thinking of you always!

• loral

Eli- I hope you are doing well this morning and feeling better! I have a few scars and none of them are pretty, I heard they have trainees closing us up after surgery and pretty isn't there 1st concern....Loopy

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908

Elimar--hope you are feeling better today!Sounds like no one was really thinking to do all that to you and then give you horse pills for pain.

Diana--Oh my goodness.Praying for you.

• elimar

Dianarose, my blue ribbon pie baking queen, I have to hope that some good will come from those two chemos. Keeping you close in my mind and heart.

• Dianarose

The side effects from yesterday's chemo are far more tolerable then the taxol. It really is ironic that they are giving me chemo that lowers my platelets to try to help my platelet problem.

My daughter the RN is flying in today from California ❤️.

El- I glad your surgery is behind you and that every day gets better

• elimar

Yes, feeling better today, but I'm sporting a new recovery look.

You all know how purple the areas around any incision can get, so imagine a purple blob at the base of my neck and then imagine it mingling and seeping down in front in a v-neck pattern. Like I am wearing a bruisy bib. Very silly looking. If you all saw me in a tank top, you would point and laugh.

• elimar

Dianarose, I don't think I ever told you what my favorite pie is...it's raisin pie, served warm. Just as good as mincemeat pie, but only half as snobby. Only as I think about one now am I realizing that it has been YEARS since I have had one. I should make one this Thanksgiving.

• barbe1958

That is a weird pattern. I had Frankenstein stitches in black (the Monster really). How is your voice? I still can't yell and it's been more than a dozen years from the first half of my thyroid coming out. Did they go in at the base of your throat for the parathyroid?

• elimar

Barbe, I was extremely hoarse on day one, better yesterday and today sounding almost normal. Could I yell? Not so much yet because all the neck muscles needed to really project are sore, but I think I could get there in a few more days. (Gee, no sons at home to holler at...how ever will I test it out? On my husband? Oh, if you insist!)

Yep, incision is at the base of my neck, allegedly midline (but looks off-center to me.) I got surgical glue and a steri-strip holding me together.

• elimar

Well, you all practically asked for it, so here's a "before" and a "now" and if you are good, I will grace this thread with an "after" picture once I heal up real nice. Now call me vain if you want to, but my "before" neck looks a good 7-8 years younger than my age. I'm not saying I have no wattle (not pictured,) but I don't have multiple creases. My incision was not "hidden in a crease," it will make me have a new one. Whatever. As long as they closed me properly, I'm pretty good at healing them down next to invisible. Let's wait a few mos. and see if I can live up to that boast.

imageimage

(The second pic is yesterday, so the purplish "bib" is hanging down lower today.)

• minustwo

Yes, thanks for the pictures. Good heaven's Eli - picture number one looks like a 25 year old neck. Makes me feel REALLY old. I hope you'll heal as well as I do. I have had 5 basal cell cancers removed from my face, neck & nose and the scars are hard to see if you don't know they are there. And that's without make up!

By all means - if you can't yell at the paper boy, give it a try with your DH.

• minustwo

Oh wait - can I have a giraffe? That header is great.

• elimar

Thanks MT! That is actual unretouched neck, three days apart. Anyway, I will tell my neck what you said and if that doesn't make it heal up real nice, then I don't know what will!!!!!!!

p.s. Those giraffes...you know my photos this week have to be all about necks, of course.

• barbe1958

My incision was supposed to be in my neck crease but I don't have one either! But I did have horrid black stitches with long threads hanging out. Grossed everyone out...

Your bruising is unusual. I don't recall bruising...

• barbe1958

Looking at your pics again it seems the incision is pretty high. Mine is much lower and a short necklace covers it nicely. Of course I had to get a new white gold one to look good.

• loral

ELI- Thanks for the pics...Your neck is no turkey neck...lucky! I'm sure your scar won't even show.

Diana- glad you are feeling better today!

• elimar

Hahaha, Loral!!!! This is a dangerous month to have a turkey neck! My "bib" looks yellowish today.

I can't be the only weird one who kind of marvels at all the color changes a bruise goes thru', or am I?

Where's Dianarose? Daughter arrive safely? What's the word from the Cancer Center??? Platelets responding????????

• barbe1958

I met with some buds from high school 45 years ago. Here's a pic that shows my thyroid scat a bit.

Just an FYI. The gal in the middle weighs about 98 pounds and has already had a face-lift!!! We are all 58 and I think my extra weight plumes out wrinkles!