Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• QuinnCat
    QuinnCat Member Posts: 408

Eph3 - as I recall, you and I go to the same MO in Medford, and have very similar dx (my oncoscore is 39, ER+). I am brca2+, though first in my generation to get cancer at age 58. Mother and 3 aunts with BC. My mother's youngest half sister has had BC twice (not until age 79 and 84, and at 85, kidney cancer and still kicking at 86). Her son, early 50's, was just dx'd with Melanoma. Yes, this cancer is also brca2 related. So glad you found it early! Now I'm wondering if you and I go to the same Dermatologist LOL (Mendelssohn)? So glad you caught it early. Is the melanoma why they are finally testing you for brca?

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,306

Eph - so glad to here you have clean margins for the melanoma excision. Hooray!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Dianarose congrats on the win!!! At least you were playing with their money until you left.

Joni FAB news on your end too!!!!

Mac sorry you had to feel that fear again. Horrible isn't it???

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907

Macatacmv--I'd've had a total meltdown if I'd been told to get dressed and then suddenly was told there were suspicious spots.It would be a lot easier to just be able to take a shirt off in the exam room, wouldn't it?So glad it was just tissue overlap.

Eph--Hooray for large, clean margins!Filling up the spit tube twice, what a thing to have to do.Wish they had that option when I did the BRCA testing.

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

eph, great news on your margins!!! Doesn't it feel like a big ol' Christmas gift? ho, ho, spitting into a tube 2x! I've never heard of a salvia test! This is the second time for me, they settled for a 32 gene panel. I opted outta the 64 gene one. Too many genes that they have limited info about. It does the ovarian and endo. cancers too. More will be revealed as they say.

d-rose, please post some more virtual baked goods. I hope you are baking up a storm surrounded by family and other loved ones.

I got a fortune cookie the other day (which tells you right off the bat that my diet is sliding) that said "some of the best pleasures in life, is doing things other's say you can't". I showed it to my nutritionist...... she wasn't quite as amused as I was!

Native, I was in such shock, that I didn't even think to be angry. I was being the "good girl" and doing what they said.

barbe, I am grateful that they are so through, but gosh they're bedside matter could improve to consider how scary that is for a "survivor"

Merry, Happy Holidays to every one!!!!!!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Glad to read the good news, very, very. Now I can really be merry, merry...

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Merry Christmas Middies! Good advice for today!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Image result for merry christmas friends

Congrats Ladies, Good news brings good cheer....

Merry Christmas enjoy the day!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Momine how timely and hilarious!!!! Loopy

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

imagesorry the dessert platters are a little late ladies

• Dianarose

imagemy two boys are catching up to their mama in the bald department. Can't wait to have hair again.

• loral

Diana...cute pic!!! You look very happy, stay that way...Heart

• eph3_12

where's the LIKE button, BCO?

Dianarose, so good to see you especially with that smile!

• nativemainer

LOVE the PIC!!!!!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338

One of the rare times DD allowed her pic to be taken with me (she's home for Winter Break from college). This was Christmas Eve, after we returned from the Nutcracker. We raised a glass of champagne to all of you.

Enjoy the rest of the week, and try to take it easy when you can.

Lita

• elimar

Dianarose, Thanks for sharing your two sweet dishes with us (and your dessert plates ain't bad either.) Hnuk, hnuk, hnuk! Seriously, your boys make very happy & lovely bookends for you in that pic, AND you look GREAT considering your past few months...how do you do it?

Lita57, Thanks for the toast, you gals. That bulldoggy has had a few as well.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Diana, how do you have sons that old? Were you a teen mom? ;)

• Dianarose

Eph- hurray for clean margins!!!!!!!

My two sons in the photo with me are 34 and 35. My daughter is 38 and the youngest son is 17.

I have had the past week off from chemo and my stomach has been much better. Gaining weight has been difficult even though I am eating. Just a few pounds. Hubby got me some hand weights so I can try to get some muscle back in my arms and upper body.

Back to chemo tomorrow. She is doing the tumor marker test which will tell the true story. I am a bit nervous about it.

Glad Christmas is done. Tree is down and house back to normal. The step kids came over with gifts for everyone but the 17 year old and he got gifts for them. I know he was really hurt and not about the gifts but they excluded him. Next year will be different as I have had my fill of them and done being nice. Hubby can do a Christmas with them at their house but I am over it. They are just rude and don't care.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and my we all have a healthier 2017 !!

• macatacmv

yummy dessert plates, d. my kinda food! wow you really look so happy. what great "kids" again you amaze me with your energy. tree already down etc....

i can't even count the amount of candy, cookies, and sweet stuff i have regifted. I have to admit my diet has slipped a bit, but my DD really looks out for me at the big dinners. She made me green beans with lemon and dill, instead of the mac and cheese or scalluped potatoes. Then everyone else got the red velvet cheese cake. I got some healthy apple crisp with cocowhip.

I am exhausted. Gotta get some rest. I said good by to my DD today at noon. So finally back to just me and the dog!

I too wish everyone good health in the new year! out with 2016 and in with a fresh start.

still having trouble posting pics! my brain .......

• Lita57

2016 has been such a shitty year...too many wonderful people in our circle have passed from this awful disease....and let's not even talk about all the celebrities who passed.

RIP Carrie Fisher, George Michael, David Bowie, Prince, John Glenn, Gene Wilder, and everyone else.

Lita

• macatacmv

oh man, I know what you mean, Lita. It can be depressing. Now poor Debbie Reynolds followed her DD.

And my aunt is in her last days. I've been really sad. She is 102. She lives right next door or usually she is there. But her caretaker took her to VA for Christmas with her family (the care giver's). She started really failing the day after Christmas. So I feel cheated that I can't be there with her. But her sons flew up from FL and her closest granddaughter is getting there tonight. It's happening the way it's suppose to happen, I guess.

• Lita57

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Mac. It amazes me how many people go down hill around the holidays.

• elimar

I can now understand that life, although required, is very poor preparation for death.

No I am not quoting anyone, that aphorism is mine.

• Dianarose

Mac- sorry about your aunt.

Native Mainer- have you dug your way out yet? We got twenty inches of that dreadful snowman poop!

Had chemo Wednesday. Stomach is really bothering me today

• nativemainer

11.6 inches on my back deck, 1.75 inches water. Still shoveling out some places, but plowed out well. You take it easy with the shovel!

• macatacmv

my aunt passed last night. Her sons were with her. I've been a sobbing mess most of the day. It hit me really hard. I think it was a lot of different things just snowballing over me.

I took a walk on the beach with my dog and my tissues.

like your aphorism, eli.

Healthy New Year, everyone!!

• eph3_12

May 2017 be WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 2016, in oh so many ways.

Sorry about your aunt Mac. Still grieving hard for my brother. Life is not fun sometimes.

• loral

Mac...sorry for the loss of your Aunt, sounds like she had a long wonderful life, 102 is quite amazing...

Image result for happy new year quotes

• elimar

mac, she was there for so many years, I bet it just seems unreal with her gone. My condolences to you and your family.

------------------------

Happy New Year, everyone. Those not in a happy place now...you can see my theme at the top is "Moving Forward" so as we start a new year, I hope you can move toward a happier set of circumstances and a happier you. For reals.