Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

Midwest_Laura, My friend is tolerating the Ibrance well also. While estrogen is "food" for BC, the estrogen receptive tumors generally are not fast growers, so I hope that thought will override your feeling that the BC is running rampant while you wait for the surgery. You don't have long to wait now...Good Luck!

Dianarose,

Bawling

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    Options

Had to hook up a bag. Believe I have stent failure again.

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    Options

Dianarose ((hugs))

• Dianarose
    Options

Bag filled with blood. Thinking that's probably not good. Wtf So tired of cancer!!!!!!!! I have no fight left.

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    Options

{{{{{{ Dianarose }}}}}

I wish I could tag-team in and fight for you.  Do your best to keep fighting.  Just one foot in front of the other.  That's all you have to do today.  Nothing more.  Just one step.  Just one breath.  That's all that's needed for now.  Just one.  No more.  We'll deal with the next moment when it comes.  Let's conquer this moment for now, and leave it at that.

{{{{{{ Dianarose }}}}}

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

DR-did you get into the hospital?

• Dianarose
    Options

I was told they are not staffed on the weekends to do the procedure and to call Monday. I am in so much pain!!!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,107
    Options

DianaRose - so, so sorry. I know tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

DR...MAJOR prayers for pain mgmt. If it gets too bad, go to the ER. Don't try to tough it out.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,817
    Options

{{{{{Diana}}}}}}

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

Thank you all so much for "walking" beside me as I endured my BC ordeal, and a few other sagas along the way. I learned from your info., I stood tall with your support, and writing every single word I wrote on here was therapeutic for me. Never let BC destroy your sense of humor because, as we all know, sometimes ya just have to laugh to keep from crying.

• nativemainer
    Options

💞💞

• eph3_12
    Options

Love you all! PS-I am going to see Neil Diamond in concert Friday! I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited!

• Dianarose
    Options

This was the first thread I was ever on. I got so much support and love here. I was educated about things I had never heard of but always felt love and compassion. Some have since moved on to be safe in the arms of Jesus while others have been ever so fortunate to move beyond breast cancer and living life to its fullest. Some of us are still with sword in hand fighting the endless battle. I thank all the ladies who drew their swords and have been by my side and in their prayers. As my time comes closer to put down my sword I wouldn't have won so many battles without such a beautiful army. Thank you with all my heart ❤️.

• LettyF
    LettyF Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hello Bermuda77,

Like you/your Doctor, we were surprised too. On Sept. 2016 I got a clean report on my mammogram and then the last week of Dec. I noticed a hard knot on my right breast that I thought may have been a result of firing my gun while deer hunting (no pain or anything though). When the knot didn't go away after a week I went to the my gyno and she said it's probably nothing but sent me for a 3-D mammogram and still nothing. I was referred to a surgeon in the Breast Center because he could get me in that day for an ultrasound and then the mass was detected. I was scheduled for a biopsy the next week and sure enough it was cancer. Finding the knot was the surprise the diagnosis was not. I just wanted the process started so it could be finished. I've been told for years that I have (had) very dense breast so I don't understand why in cases like this ultrasounds are recommended instead of mammograms. I'm thankful though and hope that after my dbl mastectomy, negative BRCA results, and Tamoxifen that with the undergoing reconstruction that this will soon just be a stepping stone in my life. I wish you the best!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    Options

Eli, what are you saying? Are you actually retiring as "thread mommy"?

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    Options

please no! if so, Thank you so much for everything,el?!?

• Dianarose
    Options

Native Mainer - stay in touch

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
    Options

SmileLadies, let's keep talking every once in a while....I'll miss all of you,,,Eli, Diana, Eph, Native, Momine, Tomboy...you are like family.... Come on, I promise to say "Hey" at least once a week, lets keep the thread going, we need this!!!!Heart

Love you guys!

Loral

Image result for Never say goodbye

Related image

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
    Options

Image result for we will help you through this cancer

• eph3_12
    Options

image My sister and I getting ready for Neil Diamond Friday night!

• eph3_12
    Options

I have snippets of video but I can't figure out how to post it!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,107
    Options

In honor of our founder - I broke down and bought my first bag of Cheetos in over two years last week. I promptly ate half a bag that first night. Lots of good memories from this thread.

• nativemainer
    Options

I think of this thread every time I see Cheetos in the stores!

• Tomboy
    Options

And has anyone seen that funny cheetos commercial where the guy has a special light where you can see who has been eating cheetos even if they washed up after? Cracked me up!

I don't post here a lot, but I have sure enjoyed getting to know every one here, and am happy when everyone else posts. I keep meaning to read it from the beginning someday, just to see!

Eph, you and your sister are very handsome ladies. How is his voice, still good? That venue looks huge!

I've just been having a lot of tests done to find out why my calcium was creeping up, and I was really hoping almost, that it was a parathyroid adenoma. It would have explained a lot of my symptoms I had been having since the first of the year. Sigh. Apparently not. I am tired of feeling awful, and had stopped A.I.'s over six months ago, because the cumulative Ick from those I know were causing problems, including hardly being able to walk for almost a year. On inauguration day, I had shots in my foot that did help, but hip and knees are jacked, maybe from walking funny...

I plan on eating my bag of cheetos on Aug 22. Maybe we could post pictures of ourselves in the aftermath of cheetos eating then? That would be funny, eat a bag together!

• eph3_12
    Options

His voice was incredibly good. He fudged a few notes here and there but that was cause he was saving them for songs that really mattered like "Holly Holy"!

• nativemainer
    Options

Yes, and the light shines on the Kitty and the kitty pawprints, too! Very funny!

I love the idea of posting pics of a Cheeto eating binge!

• eph3_12
    Options

August 22! Cheeto bingeing?!?!?! I am down for that. Putting it on my calendar!

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

Hi, I am 56 and have been reading here, ya all sound like a fun group, I wish I checked it out earlier.

• Tomboy
    Options

Hey, Mistyeyes, welcome. Like elimar said as she was leaving, (SAD!), it is up to us to keep it going, so I do hope you come back here and let us know how things are with you.

Yeah! That cat! He said, 'When did we even GET a cat?!?' , Hah!

So, I put it on my calendar, August 22 is when el started this camp, so it's been almost 10 years. That's a long time! I am hoping on the 10 year bag-o-cheetos-o-rama, melee, whatever, that we can tempt her out of hiding for that.