Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• Maggiemoo63
    Maggiemoo63 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Good morning everyone new to this site and slowly figuring it out. Mom of two teenagers. Finished chemo about 6 weeks ago

• Maggiemoo63
    Maggiemoo63 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Good morning everyone new to this site and slowly figuring it out. Mom of two teenagers. Finished chemo about 6 weeks ago

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    Options

Welcome maggie

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,817
    Options

Welcome, Maggie!

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    Options

Hello, Maggie.  Welcome aboard.  

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,106
    Options

OK Cheeto fiends. I was checking out at the store and saw a 2fer a dollar barrel. One of the offerings was trial size bags of Cheeto Snowflakes. Looked like crackers in 4 different shapes. Oh they are delicious, puffy, shapped, white cheddar delights. One little bag wasn't enough.

• nativemainer
    Options

Did they look like this?

Image result for cheetos snowflakes

Image result for cheetos snowflakes

Gotta find me some!

• minustwo
    Options

That's the one. Very tasty. But probably very bad for you. I got them at a Wal-Mart. I'm going to try to find a bigger bag.

• minustwo
    Options

I know there are many 'originals' & 'regulars' who kept this thread in their favorites - so just dropping by to say Happy Holidays to all of you.

• NicolaSue
    NicolaSue Member Posts: 18
    Options

Hi new here too - from London, Mum of 6, too many jobs and LCIS.

Sue

• minustwo
    Options

NicolaSue - Glad you found BCO. This particular thread isn't really active, but there are lots of topics from LCIS to chemo side effects to surgery to bras to exercise & food. Please do check under 'all topics' for areas that might interest you.

• nativemainer
    Options

Image result for 4 calling birds drink recipe

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
    Options

SmileYummy Native!!! Hi ladies hope things are well with all of you...Anyone hear from Diana???

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Healthy 2018 to all....Heart

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    Options

Merry Christmas to all and happy new year!!

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

Welcome Sue, sorry you have to be here. You are one busy lady! Keep positive and take some time for you!

• loral
    Options

Image result for merry christmas

• nativemainer
    Options

• kkuziel
    kkuziel Member Posts: 77
    Options

Lurk in the shadows most of the time on these boards, but wanted to wish all of you a Happy New Year, filled with stress free days. Had mammogram yesterday and have now been moved to a once a year visit to my radiologist. Guess five years is the golden standard for less monitoring. I go to my oncologist in January and wonder if I'll receive similar news from him. I know it's a good thing, but it's weirdly unsettling to be put on a "longer leash." It certainly doesn't seem like five years have passed. Hopefully the next five will be uneventful, healthwise,for us all. Happy 2018.

• loral
    Options

Kkuziel...Congrats on 5 years my 5 was in October...I still see my Oncologist every 6 months for blood work...Take care.

Happy New Year to all the ladies!!!!

• oceanbum
    oceanbum Member Posts: 3,644
    Options

Hi Ladies! I'm in this age group. So I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Becky and I am 55. I was one month shy of my 54th birthday when I was diagnosed. Today is the one year anniversary of my first diagnosis. Of my right breast. Which is +/+/-. March 21 is the one year anniversary of the diagnosis of my left breast. Which is +/+/+. But today I am celebrating the fact that I am here, I am cancer-free and I am waiting on the birth of my first grandchild in April!!

• minustwo
    Options

Oceanbum - congratulations on your two 'one year' celebration markers. And on the impending birth of your grandchild. So are you done with Herceptin? Looks like you'll be on Tamox for awhile since you're hormone positive.

This thread isn't very active any more, but I expect one or two ladies still have it pinned on their 'favorites'. Take a look at the 'active threads', or in 'all threads' to see if there's something under - moving ahead/making new friends/ etc. where people post regularly. The BCO discussion groups & people experiencing things at the same time I did have been my best support.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

I pinned it as a favorite because I am in the age group, but you are right....it seems to be a quiet bunch.

• minustwo
    Options

So maybe a new batch of you can get it going again!!!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

i'm stage 4, so i pretty much hang out over there, but this thread is still pinned to my favorites.

L

• Annie-B-7-14
    Annie-B-7-14 Member Posts: 37
    Options

hi guys!

I'm mid-forties with a 5 year old and a 7 year old. I only lurk quietly here in this thread now, but would love to liven things up here!

• nativemainer
    Options

Oceanbum--congrats on the dual cancerversaries! And a special congratulations on the April Grandchild!

Annie-B--your two must keep you pretty busy!

• Cpeachymom
    Cpeachymom Member Posts: 249
    Options

ok, just had a birthday, so I guess I should move here from the “Ladies in their 30’s” thread. Funny how cancer gives you a different perspective on birthdays. Especially a big one like turning 40. I have a toddler who’s going to be 2 soon, so I think my cancer journey will be based on Her birthdays, because I want to be around until she’s grown. My older kids are mostly grown now (I started young)! I’m STILL recovering from rads- I ended up with pneumonitis and just finally finishing steroids this month- hooray! Tamoxifen And Lupron are tolerable, just massive hot/cold flashes mostly. I hope you ladies are doing well!

• nativemainer
    Options

Cpeachymom--birthdays do have a different feel after bc, don't they. I cannot imagine hwo anyone can think of rads as "easy" treatment--I still feel the effects in my muscles and with the asthma issues it made so much worse. I also remember the Lupron/arimidex hot flashes. Was so glad when that part of treatment was over and that stopped. I was very much less pleased with going into natural menopause a year later and starting over with them! Fortunately, the natural menopause hot flashes were no where near as intense as the chemically induced ones. Also, I don't see why you can't stay with the ladies you've met and know in the 30's thread AND join us here in the middle's thread. We're not jealous here!

• minustwo
    Options

Good idea Native. I've moved on to the 'older' threads, but as you can see - I still have this on my favorites. Age is relative.

• nativemainer
    Options

Age is relative, indeed. Relationships are important, no matter where they started. And Favorites remain favorites!