MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

I am going to be a Grandma at last, thank goodness because if my DD waited any longer I would be to old to hold the baby LOL! Aimee is 33 and her DH is 35, they have been trying for 3 years...

I was always okay with the no grandbabies because it allowed me to do all my traveling with my daughter and we have had so many great adventures together, and secretly I will miss that, but this will be another wonderful adventure I am sure, we just won't be leaving the country anytime soon (:  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they both stay healthy and the little bundle of joy should be here at Christmas time.

Now I just need to find a damn job in Omaha so I don't miss out on everything.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Congratulations Omahagirl!  How wonderful for your daugher and her husband.  Grandbabies are wonderful.  What a terrific Christmas present - I'm so happy for you.

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

Oh Omahagirl,  you will have so much fun.  Grandbabies are the best.  I had both of mine on Friday, they wore me out, but it was a good tired.

Juannelle

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Congratulations OmahaGirl!  A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on!

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Yeah to you OmahaGirl!!! How wonderful for both you and your daughter. Your adventures with your daughter have just begun. Just think of all the fun you will have picking out things for the baby, baby showers, and just general baby stuff. I don't know how I would have managed with outmy close relationship with my Mother during those child bearing years. Besides 33 is the new 23 for baby making.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

AH.... that new baby smell!

• OG56

Thanks ladies, you know I have secretly been buying baby stuff for years, I have outfits, blankets, a music box and books hee hee!

Oh and Barbe you are so right that "baby smell" !  I can hardly wait.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842

Congrats to OmahaGirl! I can feel your excitement.  My first grandchild is scheduled to arrive on May7th.  I already have plane tx to get to Jacksonville, Fl.  Can't wait to see him!

Navy

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

Congratulations to the grandmas-to-be!!!  That is such exciting news! 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Hooray for Omahagirl and NavyMom!  Gotta love fuzzy baby heads!

• OG56
    Congratulation to you also NavyMom, I hope I can get home for the 20 week ultrasound. The first one is April 12th because it might be twins...Surprised
  • LauraM
    LauraM Member Posts: 41

Gina - How was your first day at work?  I hope it didn't exhaust you too much!

Congrats to all the new Grandma's to be!  

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Babies are way cool, but I like puppy breath too!  Let's hear it for baby smells (the good ones, not the bad ones!) 

Congrats Omahagirl & Navymom!

• PauldingMom

Now ya all got me itching for grandbabies!

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

That's the problem with having kids a bit late - my own children are only 13 and almost 15, but my body and brain would do MUCH better with being a grandmother at this point. Have small kids around for a while, then give them back. In real life, I'm working hard to scare the crap out of my girls and effectively put off any grandmotherly possibilities for at least ten more years. Congrats to our grandmas!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I have one old enough (and married) to have children, but I'm not ready yet!!!!  Maybe thats because I also have a 12 year old....I guess it doesnn't matter when I'm ready, but when DD and SIL are ready....congrats to all the grandmas to be...

• PauldingMom

Three kids, all legally adults. None ready to be parents, although oldest is doing great with his new puppy.

• Diane509
    Diane509 Member Posts: 42

50 + Engaged to be married.  Still waiting for final diagnosis.  Right now DCIS in 2 spots and 1 area getting MR biopsied today to see if it's invasive or not.  Wedding plans:  May 1.  Unbelievable.

My honeymoon will be a 3 night 4 day stay at my local hospital for a bi-lat mastectomy.  24 hour room service, meals included.  Maybe they will put an umbrella in my apple juice. Cool  Hopefully area 3 will not be invasive and I won't need chemo.  

ES+, BRCA1/2 NEG, Pre-menopausal, 1cm each DCIS

Diane 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Good Lord Diane! They COULD hold back on the surgery you know....the cancer's been growing for 6-8 years already...sheesh. Put a harness on your doc! Yell
  •   Hello Ladies,   Just stopped in to wish you all a Happy Easter.  Hope you get lots of Reese's eggs, and malted milk ball eggs or whatever Easter treats you like in your baskets.  Me, I am still trying to stick with the WW, but think the Megace is keeping it from working.  Weather is beautiful in my part of OH....hope it is nice wherever you are also. 

• Meece

Do you think Cheetos makes Easter Eggs?

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

I bet they don't, but maybe someone will come up with a trick to make them here.  All you women are so clever, I am sure there will be a solution.  A chocolate egg, with a cheeto inside, I may have to work on that myself.

Happy Easter, enjoy the egg hunting.

Juannelle

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Diane so sorry to hear of your news but I agree they could hold off a few weeks!  I held my treatment up a few weeks to figure out what I needed!!!

Happy Easter to all a pretty quiet one here, church, nice meal we decided with this wonderful warm weather to grill out steak, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus, pickles, jello ribbon salad and low fat cheesecake on the menu.  Garden has begun, we planted peas and onions yesterday, went to town and bought seed potatoes and pizza last night.  Once DH has the oats sowed we hope to plant potatoes this afternoon!!  A littel early but worth the gamble if the weather does not get too bad. We had our first daffodils open yesterday, we have crocus, daffodils and pansy's blooming in the garden right now.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

My (2) crocuses have gone by, but the daffodils are getting ready to open!  I'm so excited!

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Hello Middle age Girls! Thanks for the sweet post!, Think of  each you all so much. I pray for  you to get strenght  for Doc appt & treatments. I hope all are feeling stronger each day! I been busy this week,& Iam sorry I havn't post but I been checking in & reading . I want to give all my Pink Sisters{{hugs}} for all the Healing !Kiss Prayers to all!

Well after 3 months  1 week & 5 surgery most I started Back at American Red Cross this week. Was very Excited,But I am exhausted ,Taking it slow to get back in my routine again! But was a great week getting back to friends & Donors. I appreciate my warm welcome back!,  I am very Tired & will be so glad to rest today!  I am taking Vitamins & Iron & Just finsh up 2 week of Antibotics , I am still taking a mini Vac from Tamoxinfen,But will see My onococgist again April 22 for labs  & check up etc~!  I am frustrated with my energy Level, but I know I will get stronger every day! I appreciate all your Prayers ,Fianlly staring feel like me again, just want more energy!  Hope all  of you are well! Thanks again & Love ya all!  Hope you have A wonderful Easter weekend!! {{hugs}} Gina

All I need to know I learned from the Easter Bunny! Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Everyone needs a friend who is all ears. There's no such thing as too much candy. All work and no play can make you a basket case. A cute tail attracts a lot of attention. Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day. Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits. Somebody parts should be floppy. Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans. Good things come in small, sugar coated packages. The grass is always greener in someone else's basket. To show your true colors, you have to come out of the shell. The best things in life are still sweet and gooey. May the joy of the season fill your heart. AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!  Happy Easter!!

Love Ya Pink Pals ! xoxx Gina

--

• Meece

Very cute, Gina!

• Lynbob
    Lynbob Member Posts: 27

HOPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

( ) ( )
    (='.'=)
    (") (")

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

I got a kick out of this...it's a "whale" of a story.

Happy Easter and Passover to all!

http://bit.ly/cEL96n

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Carollyn, Can you actually get Pizza to grow in a garden??Wink

Elimar, love the choc. bunny pic today!

Happy Easter Everyone!

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

fmajk sure you can get a pizza to grow, tomatoes, peppers, onions, you know a veggie one!!Innocentwe also planted spinach, bok choy, lettuce, beets and carrots!!