MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

As for hot flashes and night sweats, I haven't turned the furnace on in THREE years! And I live in Canada!!!

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495

Yes Kathi, it CAN stand for what you think it does - depends on your frame of mind!!!! Or "final" if you prefer.

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Gina, hang in ther hope you are feeling better soon. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    I'll have to see if my hot flashes return when the humidity arrives.  That seems to be a factor for some.  That might be a personal thing too, otherwise the Florida people would be flashing away and the Arizona people would be thinking, "What are those other ladies talking about?"  Also, Canada has some dry Winter air, right?  Yet, Barbe has heated her home with body heat alone for three years.  Barbe, the silver lining is when your utility bill arrives.
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

After the first winter the Gas Company actually came and replaced our meter! ehhehehe, joke's on them!

We use a gas fireplace in our livingroom to heat the entire house. Means the bedrooms are gloriously cold for sleeping.

We had over 11 feet of snow last winter...not so dry!

•  Elimar,   I know you told me a long time ago there was no carding and that I wouldn't be kicked off when I hit 60, but I have started posting on the "older women" forum.  I will stop in from time to time just to see how you younger ladies are doing.  I still have a head full of middle aged memories so I will be on there when I have a flashback.  Stay healthy all you lovely ladies and let me know how that man you were putting together holds up.  Marybe

PS Never did get the hang of posting pics in spite of great instructions and advice, but the avatar now showing is me with my post chemo hair and my silky, Harley in his chemobrain tshirt. 

• elimar

Marybe, Happy belated wishes to you!  If you were not inclined to tell your age, that new picture certainly would not give you away.  You have a healthy glow and a dazzling smile!  (Good hygiene, right?)   I got you a cake...I grated some lemon zest into the batter and there's fresh squeezed lemon in the frosting.  I know it's going to be tasty.

60 birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

Since "ish" is a pretty loose term, you are certainly welcome to stop back as often as you'd like. I don't know whether I'll ever join the "older" group.  Maybe I'll just start a new thread for those of us in our "second childhoods" when the time comes.

• carollynn79

Hi Marybe, looking good!!!  Come on in and visit anytime.

Not sure if it is because I am recovering but have not had any hot flashes in a couple of days, I also am not taking the ambien and am sleeping pretty good all things considered!!  going to dream gardening today and go thru my seeds!!!

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Hello,Just want to tell everyone , I really appreciate Your  Concern & Prayers! When Life get challenging & really difficult it helps to have people like you to lean on for Support  & Thank you for making a hard time easier for me with your Gentle Hugs & Concerns & esp your Prayers.  They are working , I have a much better day today, I am still very tired, But Physically  & emotionally  is improving  & I felt stronger today, It probally the beautiful  weather! Hope you all having a great weekend!

A pink pal  Posted this on My Jan Mastectomy Group & it Beauitiful & I wanted to share with all of you! Please click & watch ! Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGqETd6oxk

{{{hugs}}}Gina
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Very nice, Gina.  I like the brush strokes comment.  Along with many of the others.

• Hannahbearsmom
    Hannahbearsmom Member Posts: 266

Gina, thanks for sharing that link. Glad things are looking up for you.

TCK

• carollynn79

Hi Gina,  glad to hear you are having a better day and gaining strength, thanks for sharing a very nice video. As I wait for the patholgy reports to see if this bump in the road is cancer also I keep telling myself it will be ok. 

• elimar

Thanks for the video inspiration, Gina.  How are you doing with your drain out?  Is the fluid staying out of the area?  That's a good feeling when you feel your strength returning.  Glad you are doing better.

Yesterday a magazine came from my Health Center, listing a bunch of community events.  One was a "Cancer Survivor's Sundae" (on a Sunday, get it?)   While I haven't yet made it to a local support group, I bet I could "force myself" to go to this event.  Tee-hee.  (Now just keep that quiet, I don't want to get in trouble with the E-LAB group.  I'm already on probation there.  I guess baked Cheetos aren't a diet food.  My bad!)

• carollynn79

Elimar, I missed that I thought baked ones were ok, LOL oh well we can't give up all our bad habits.

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Gina, thanks for the link to the video, however I started watching a few of the breast cancer ones and was particularly moved by one that could probably be our threads theme song "You are not alone" it was sung by the Pink Choir.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, it must be the nice weather that is making our thread slow down a bit eh?

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I think your right about the weather OmahaGirl.  I know I'm trying to read each day, but it's so late I'm not usually posting!

• jrp
    jrp Member Posts: 6

Hi,

Ridges on fingernails can also be caused by a thyroid imbalance.

Jan

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

I can't wade through all the pages in the other thread but speaking of thyroid are any of you taking iodine tabs? My supplement guru in Omaha had me buy sea vegetables and OMG they smell and taste just like stinky stink fish food and I just cannot gag them down. If you do, how much and what kind?

Go to fullsize image

• carollynn79

Omahagirl, I was not before having mine removed, have yout tried the natural girls thyroid thread?

Jan, will ask my Endo about it when I see her  on Wednesday. 

• elimar

Meece, Since I just got a belated cake for Marybe, I got some cupcakes for you.  They are just mini-cupcakes and if you scrape off most the frosting I don't think they'll wreck your diet too badly.  I brought enough for everybody here, 'cause your Mid-Age buddies want to celebrate with you.

birthday cupcakes Pictures, Images and Photos

HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Thanks for the cupcakes Elimar - they are so yummy!  Thanks for having birthdays Marybe and Meece.

• elimar

Carolinachick, I had to get right back into the cyber-kitchen and cyber-bake a birthday treat for you since yours was this past weekend.  Hope it was "all that and a bag of Cheetos!"  Made you a nice angelfood cake (not too high in calories) but then a devilish voice in my head said, "Go on, drizzle some yummy icing on there AND put some sprinkles!  (And who among us has not heard that little voice before?)  Enjoy!

Angelfood cake Pictures, Images and Photos

• elimar
    Whew!  All that cyber-baking has made me hungry.  I'll just go and have some celery sticks.  (Anyone believing that one?)
  • suzwes

Ya, I believe it, just like I believe I had carrot sticks for lunch.

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

Thanks for the cyber-cake, Elimar!  It was delicious!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I'm stuffed!  What's for dinner?

• carollynn79

Cake was really good, went well with my jelly beans, they are fat free right????

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Jelly beans are definitely fat free, cake CAN be fat free, depending on the recipe and the rules in force at the time.  My favorite rule is that cake that celebrates something has no calories. 

• carollynn79

Since I  am home this week with too much time on my hands cooking is especially in.  Yesterday made homemade pasta sauce which we had with whole grain pasta, homemade bread and rhubarb crunch.  Today I think it will be mushroom sauce swiss steak with mash potato and green beans.Tommorrow my DH and I will go out for lunch when we go back to the doctor, plus the doctor is right next to Lowe's so have to make a Lowe's run of course.

• suzwes

Oh Carol, Can you please send some of that yummy sounding food over to Williamston??  It sounds so good and I absolutely HATE to cook (plus I'm too tuckered after a day at the office).

Hope the doctor's visit goes well tomorrow.  Enjoy Lowe's????? (DH would enjoy, I sure wouldn't)