MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi, am very low tech., so ask a lot of questions..if u dont mind,  how do you get ples names in bold print? ive been laid up from some surgery, so if you would pm it to me, id appreciate it.then, it wont get lost on me if i dont get right back to this thread. thanks ahead, light and love,    3jaysmom

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    3jays, we actually make the names in bold ourselves.  Just write what you want ant then highlight the name with your mouse.  once the word or name in highlighted, click the big "B" in the toolbar at the top of the message you are typing.  That should do it.
  • 3jaysmom
    thank you, ladies ! apparently, were all hwere, 2day all at once..so lets see,,chrissy b,native mainer,elimar, and meece.. thank you. now, i figured out to get out of it, but its italics. i like it,but where on the tool bar do i hit to return to block? thanks so much..im learning so much from you guys, and youre always willing to help.. light and love,  3jaysmom
  • PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322
    Right next to the B for bold is an I for italics.  Just click on the box around the I to toggle the italics on and off.
  • smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

YIPPEE! I have a second interview tomorrow morning! All of your good juju is helping. Now I have to go try on my "professional attire" and see if anything still fits after 19 months. I'm thinking.....no. Please keep the good thoughts coming! You ladies rock!!!

I use both of the dates of my diagnosis as my cancerversary dates. I am a 3 year 4 month survivor (insert a$$ kicker) of TN breast cancer and a 2 year 4 months survivor (again insert a$$ kicker) of ER+/PR- breast cancer. Two different primaries. I want people to know that it wasn't a recurrence and that you can have totally different breast cancers and SURVIVE.

My surgeon did my first biopsy and took it into the lab to check it out before I even left. He came out, sat in front of me and said, "This is bad. Really bad and we need to get it out." I said, "It's cancer?" He looked at me like I was an alien with three heads and said, "Yes."

Hmmmmm...thinking back over 3 years ago it's still so fresh in my mind. If it wasn't for my son being born in March I'd rip that month out of every calendar...

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Elimar, this is the same surgeon that doesn't "belive" in LE. He was wiling to do a second incision revision because he swore he took a ton of extra flesh out the first incision revision. Turns out it was LE!!!!

• 3jaysmom

smithime..congrats on the call back job thingy..fingers crossed, or ..prayers being said.. light and love, 3jaysmom

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

smithlme!  tralalaboomdeyah! Congrats on the 2nd interview.  I knew you'd wow 'em!

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Cookie - if the guy in the contraption comes with the process, that might not be bad. He looks cooperative, conservative and helpful. I swear a lot of these "ideas" are rehashes of medieval methods. I totally felt like I was in an old-fashioned science fiction movie when I had radiation...

I'm not in your picture above, Elimar. I am inside, making hot chocolate and possibly some snacks so that when the fun is over and everyone comes inside, everything's ready. I tend to get everyone ready for the fun, and then I clean up after the fun. It's occuring to me that I need to HAVE the fun more.

Yay smithlme on the second interview!

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Top Choice for Breast CA Is Aromatase Inhibitor

Am I crazy or did this headline remind you of Consumer Reports?

"Top Choice for Compact Sedan is the Honda Civic"

In other news, I should probably take myself over to the LE boards at some point, I am a little down about the whole thing, and hoping against hope it is something else. (Which my MD and LE therapist think it could be.) Last night I was at my husbands place of work (a tv network) and I am shy of meeting people with the tape, I feel like it's the first thing they look at. I worry I will now be scared to travel to far away lands, lest my bubble spread to the whole arm.

Home today waiting for round 3 with the cable installer, and round 2 with the organizer, who I like.

My mom is home from the hospital. I have to squeeze in a trip to see her before my retreat and new job, I feel really guilty, and not up to the job of caregiver.

But the weather is better today than is has been in weeks!!! I went to my last OT yesterday and my last support group, and then my husbands job for their last show, so it is a life passage in every way!!!!

Hugs( and magic calorie free cookies) to all!

• cookiegal

Smithleme...how did your interview go? That's great that you survived 2 bc's and interesting that you had different types. I know 2 people who were her2+ on the first, but not on the second.

I have app with LE today, good thing because "arm bubble 2" popped up last night.

• smithlme

Cookie, I am sitting at home waiting for the dang phone to ring. I feel like I am back in high school, waiting for a boy to call! I have a cell phone but I only get service in town, so I didn't give them that number to call. Oh, well. It's foggy and cold outside so I have a fire going and a hot cup of tea.

The interview went well...I hope! I interviewed with 4 of the people I'd be working with, then with the owner/boss. I am over qualified, but I really need a job and this one has benefits after 3 months. They want the new person to start on Monday so if I haven't heard from them by 4:00 I'll call them. I hate this waiting game.....ARGH!!!

Oh, and I need to learn to type a LOT better so I purchased Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. OMG! I feel like a doofus! This is gonna be a painful process!

Hope you LE appointment goes well. I need to check in with mine. My LE is pretty much under control, as long as I don't lift anything heavy, pull weeds with that arm, do down-dog in Yoga....you get the picture.

• Meece
    Fingers crossed for you, smithlme.
  • barbe1958

I think YOU should call them smithlme....I got my best jobs by ME following up with THEM! Good luck!

• Meece

That might be a great idea.  It would show them you aren't just making appearances for the UI board.

• eph3_12

E-is that the perfect man, floating underwater in the light green patch? He needs to come up for air!  And if we haven't gotten that perfect man completely assembled, he could contain some characteristics of Max Ryan, Samantha's love interest in the most recent "Sex in the City" movie! 

• barbe1958

Eph, step away from the monitor! There's no one in that there water....

• smithlme

I'm thinking I didn't get the job. They want the person to start on Monday and it's 3:35pm here. I think they would have called by now. I did call them but got voice mail so I left a message. This just SUCKS. Yesterday I got an email from one of the places I applied to that the "position was filled" and a letter from another place that the "position was filled."

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322

The good news from those "the position was filled messages" is that businesses are starting to hire again in your area, not just "window shopping" to see who is available.  It doesn't matter how many jobs you don't get, as long as you do get the one that is the right fit for you, and you will. 

• barbe1958

smithlme, it's their loss. Any company hiring on a Friday to start on a Monday must think people are desperate! I've changed my opinion of them and are GLAD you didn't get the job! You are not desperate and even you said you're over-qualified. Maybe they'll call back with a better position that starts in 2 weeks. After all, how many people can drop a job to start a new one in a day? They must know they're hiring unemployed people....but I heard on the radio last week that in the US some job postings are asking for only people who are currently employed to apply! They figure if you're still working you must be good. How stupid is that!?!?!?!

• eph3_12

Sorry Barbe-guess I went through withdrawal there momentarily!

Smithlme, it's 6:22 & you haven't posted.  I hope that you don't get too discouraged,  I like what PatMom wrote!

• Meece

Just because someone else might get the chance on Monday, doesn't mean they will work out.  They may think twice about having someone who is over qualified.  You aren't out yet!!!

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129

Faith- hope things are well

Cookie- Geesh! That contraption is wild, but whatever works.  I'm still barred from sitting too long so I'm not on the computer a lot.  Only a few more weeks....

• cookiegal

Faith, so close but yet so far...48 hours till Wisconsin!! It will be very interesting to go on the retreat. I must admit until my recent bubble troubles I felt like BC was becoming a smaller part of my life, and wasn't sure how the whole thing would feel.

I am so excited, but I must admit I hate these black tape splotches, and I am still a bit intimidated by the sleeve and lack of glove. (In an emergency I can pull it down my hand I guess.) 

That being said I went to the opening of the Manhattan Target today...that was fun. Also a brief family reunion.

(I can't remember did Wats love Target or Wal-Mart?) 

I am once again trying to cut down on the cookies, bought a one portion blender and made a smoothie tonight. Kind of proud of it. 

Hugs and magic cookies to all.

Here is my new tag line...My arm may be bubbly but so is my personality.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

cookie--a one portion blender?  That sounds like something that would be really useful for me, can you tell us more about it?

• barbe1958
    I caught on that too! I know they make baby-food blenders and stuff, but a one-person smoothie without having to clean out the huge regular container.....hmmmm Undecided do tell!
  • PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    Just returned from Wisconsin/Illinois. I come on here and see the new pic. Very nice, but then I hear there is a man in the picture so now I'm suffering from intense eye strain! Thanks a ton ladies!Tongue out
  • barbe1958

I can't see him, not to worry...

• cookiegal

NM..it's a small, inexpensive blender with one setting, and if you want to you can drink out of the cup. Got it at target, but I've seen things like it before. Really designed for beverages more than hard core  food processing I think.

Ironically there is a juice bar in my building, but I like being able to control the portion and ingredients. Hopefully I can sub out the cookies with some smoothies. I hope losing weight can help stop the lymphedema progression.

• smithlme

Nope, no call from anyone from the place I interviewed with. Someone told me that in a lot of small towns businesses usually hire someone they already know or a friend of a friend. Great. Thanks for the pep talks. My DH took me out to dinner on Friday to get away and I spent all weekend doing yard work. I took my frustrations out on the weeds, plus planted some new flowers to lift my spirits. This weekend is our End-of-the-Month party so getting together with friends will help.

I also made my 6 month appointment with my Onc for August 23. I truly hate those appointments...