MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

I have a few lightbulbs that need to be changed...

• CherylQ
    CherylQ Member Posts: 42

Eye candy is always good!  If they clean, so the better!

Peace and laughter to all!

Cheryl

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I think my heart rate tripled at the sight of our new cleaning crew.  Hubba, hubba!

Congrats Smith on the clean xray and on the new grandson.  13 days seem so far but he'll be here before you know it.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Now THAT woke me up!

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Seriously, AWESOME eye candy!!!!!

Native, you found an awesome pic. Please continue searching.

We all need to check our blood pressure periodically.

xx00xx00xx00xx

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

NICE

smithlme: congrats!

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

I am deeply curious about the fried beer.

I went to thunder down under for my bachelorette.

Well today is my Cancerversary....and my husband totally forgot becase....drumroll...he got laid off last night. HA! 

I don' t know it's odd this day falls inbetween the Katrina and 9-11 anniversaries, the jewish high holy days when the book of life is open, and Labor Day. 

Anyhow I am mostly tired. I asked him to send me flowers at work, even gave him the card of a flower shop near my office, but I am sure he won't remember. He was actually a little upset because I am working out of town this week and not there to comfort him.

Sigh!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

They clean pools as well as house:

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Digging my pool as I post! 

• gingersfavorite1
    gingersfavorite1 Member Posts: 134

well that sounds naughty!   - ROFL -

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Wow - leave the thread for a little while and it takes a turn down a completely new path!

I think those were pork rinds that someone posted - I didn't post any images of this "fried beer" treat. Do you think that if I mention that I am doing research, they might let me into the fair for free? I hear it's quite expensive to go... 

• robbiedrums
    robbiedrums Member Posts: 14

Okay, granted I have not logged into the Board for quite some time, but did you ladies have to go all Fully Monty on me?  The fried beer got my attention, the man with the vaccuum made me a little nauseated, the naked men I'm kind of scarred from, plus the IT department at work is going to be wondering just what the hell it is that I have been doign with my time lately.  You all are too much.  :)  Keep laughing yall, it's what's keeps other people wondering just what we are up to.

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

Happy Cancerversary Cookie! So sorry to hear about your hubby's lay off. This economy sucks, but today is your day to celebrate YOU!!! HUGS!!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

*********HAPPY CANCERVERSARY !!!!!!********Way to go cookiegal!!!!!!   enjoy your day.

Love n hugs. chrissyb

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Happy Cancerversary, cookie, wherever you are.  Even tho' your huband has a simultaneous bad employment situation going on, I hope you guys can focus on the goodness of your survivorship.  Cheers to you!

------------------------------------

I wrote about this some months back, that I am having second-hand B/C, as my oldest friend goes thru' it with ILC this summer.  (I was hoping she would show up on this thread, but she has not.)  She has now had four rounds each of AC/T, is virtually hairless and back working in a school wearing a baseball cap, waiting for a surgery date.  

I am more worried about her because she had a couple nodes that were positive. That and the ILC may be multi-focal, her images were inconclusive. 

Once again, I was reminded how we all have to "learn" the B/C-speak, learn the lingo and abbreviations when we join the club.  I remember when my friend and I used only normal words.  Before all this stupid B/C business.  Cry

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

You ladies are the only ones I can use the lingo with.  No one in my world understands.

• eph3_12

Cookie-so glad you are here to have a cancerversary. The dawning of Sept. doesn't appear to be a good date for your family.  Perhaps next  year you can just cut from 8-31 to 9-2 by being someplace you're normally not-the 1st is a Thursday so just take a day off on Thursday & Friday and have an extra long Labor Day weekend & party like it's 1999 (oh sorry, got carried away, we are a bit past that now aren't we!)

The house cleaning pool boys needs to come here, AFTER Paulding comes to Oregon & digs my pool too!  

• Meece

I need help digging our pond, it is on ly 30 inches deep so far.  Could the crew shoot over here? 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

Any crew in particular you want, Meece?

• PauldingMom

Thanks a lot Joni! Well at least digging holes will keep my mind off things. Anyone else want a swimming pool? Meece you will be up early Friday any hoot. Surely you can finish your pond then.Wink

Happy Cancerversary MS. Cookie! So very happy for you! Kiss

• eph3_12

Paulding, I was just giving you a reason to travel to the west coast!  Come see Meece's koi & drive on up the Interstate to beautiful Southern Oregon!

• PauldingMom

You tease! I've traveled all over the US except far north east and far north west.  I see a vacation in my future. Heck if son moves to LA like he wants to I would be in the area......well sorta.  Give Gilly and Hug for me and take one from Gilly for you.  ((((HUGS))))

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    P-Mom, I have been to 46 U.S. states, but Georgia was not one of them.  Technically, I had a flight connection at ATL, but I don't count that.  My other missing states are S. Carolina, Texas & Alaska.  Anybody been to all 50?
  • Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490

Nice goal! I've only been to 14.

• eph3_12

20, but about 6 of those were when I was very little & I don't remember them.

• eph3_12

claire82-your avatar picture is precious!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

claire82 ~ Yes, I agree with Joni, the little sweetie-pie in your avatar is precious!

cookiegal ~ Happy cancerversary !!!!!!

• Meece

Happy Cancerversary, Cookie.  Ditto on the adorableness of your avatar, Clair82.

I think I've been to 17, and several places outside the US (and a couple of US islands, not states).  

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Thanks for all the good wishes. Since my husband was so wrapped up in his stuff, it meant a lot to me. I even stopped and bought a single daisy to put on my desk.

Last night one of my co workers said, if cancer was a guy standing right here I'd punch him in the face.

It kind of almost made me tear up.

I am glad to have the day done with, it was more of a solemn feeling than a party feeling. All year long I had this feeling, remember this time last year I was still innocent. Now the calender has flipped.

I also finished my 21 days of antibiotics for my cellulitis infection today. I am so glad to have a break from the tummy troubles. Just eating salad for dinner was great!

Hugs to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

i LOVE gerard Butler, you guys!! love both your pics, elimar.. the one with the supermodel, and the one at the beg. of the thread..i always check to see if its changed. the only thread i dont start at the bottom, and go up. MEECE, i told your love story to someone today. she had luekemia, and some really good looking, available, single man we know was so hitting on her at breakfasrt today.. later, she hit me with why should i drag him thru my chemo, hip replacement, etc..told her how you met DH while you were dealing with BC..I told her, too..you dont have major parts missing, (like i do)  you take oral, so no port, no ivs..why not..after lunch, she went back, met him and made a swimming date with him this wkend. so, thanks for helping me fix up my girl!!   light and love, 3jays