MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Our family dog also had BC with MXs.  WE eventually had to put her down, but she was nearly 18 years old.  She had been spayed and never had any puppies.

My friend is a photographer and is a 20 yr BC survivor.  Her dog had cancer, I don't remember if it was BC, but she did the whole chemo thing.  It must have been bone cancer because I recall the dog having to have it's leg amputated.

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Ooops, I assumed Eph's surgery was this morning. My bad. I feel so badly for her.Hope all went well for her.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

One of my dogs, Brandy, had breast cancer.  She got it after she was spayed.  She had a couple of surgeries to remove the tumors, no chemo, and eventually I had to have her euthanized, but that was because of hip dysplasia and age, although the cancer had probably spread, too.  Funny, I haven't thought about her and her bc until just now.  That was more than 10 years ago. 

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

EPH- keeping you in my prayers that you recover quickly.

Cheryl- my prayers are with you and your family. Cancer Sux's

Sleep Mask called Blinkies are awesome because they are made so that the area over the eyes are rounded out so that you can blink. I find them to be wonderful especially when I travel and there is too much light coming into the room.

I am off to Omaha tonight to see my DD who has 8 weeks left in her pregnancy and we are having a Baby Shower for her on Sunday. Have to check up on all the elderly too, as they are all stage iv now but living alone and with no care, uggg.

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748

Have fun in Omaha!  I was born and raised there!

Tori

DE COLORES!

• PauldingMom

I love baby showers! Have fun. My mother and father are both from Omaha and my entire family is from there. Spent many Christmases and Thanksgivings there. Love Boys Town. One time we were there and saw 20 cows giving birth. It was crazy, no more than one got done and another one would drop her calf. My sisters were grossed out, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

• Meece

My DS was stationed at Offutt in Omaha.  Made one trip there to see him.  I thought it was beautiful.  The smell wafting from the dog food factory was not so nice, but lovely scenery.

Paulding, you and I have another thing in common.  I am a farmy type girl myself.  I have actually help deliver a breech birth llama.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

elimor, seeing diiferent colors & shape of baloons in the  sky , I can feel that,  we all the members in the discussion boards are united colors from  various  section sharing our  feelings . I like it  and appreciate all the members for sharing  new ideas. It  boost  the middle-aged groups.You  know we have to go long way as part of the  forum.

• Raj20

elimor, seeing diiferent colors & shape of baloons in the  sky , I can feel that,  we all the members in the discussion boards are united colors from  various  section sharing our  feelings . I like it  and appreciate all the members for sharing  new ideas. It  boost  the middle-aged groups.You  know we have to go long way as part of the  forum.

• Raj20

• Raj20

• Meece

Snehlata, sometimes the BC.Org website goes so slow, that we hit the submit button more than once.  We all do it.  That's why we get duplicates of our posts.

• Raj20

Meece ! thanks for clarifying my confusion. I was wondering how come  my post appear repeatedly. I even deleted one post of the same. Its happening from my country surfing.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome Maya2 and rajkumari, newbies from international lands!   If you have any questions about your treatment stage or after-effects, we will try to help with answers.  Or just share your Mid-Age thoughts and concerns with us...we are all just trying to go about our lives despite the intrusion of breast cancer.

And raj, thanks for noticing the symbolism.  I was thinking of how, like the hot air balloons, there are so many of us women at different stages with B/C.  The "grounded" balloons are like women struggling or having their treatments, and the high flying balloons are the ones able to pick themselves up, float off, and leave B/C behind them.

Everyone else seems to be from Omaha, Nebraska today, or something like that.  You all have six degrees of Cornhusker separation!

• bluegems
    bluegems Member Posts: 507

Go Big Red! Count me in that 6 degrees.

We spent 4 years at Offutt (1996-2000), living in Bellevue. Our son graduated from UNL in 2008. I really miss the Henry Doorly Zoo! Many fond memories - including seeing Mannheim Steamroller in their last concert at the Orpheum - awesome!

• PauldingMom

Meece, this is getting freaky. I was actually a professional groom at a horse stable during my early high school years. Training, exercising, brushing, grooming and regular stable work. I also rode in a drill team and showed.I also took 5 years of private lessons. I had to quit to get something that paid better and regret it everyday. I would love to get back into it. Now I would love two mini donkeys and train them to pull a cart. I think that would be so much fun.

Oh yes the Henry Doorly Zoo is awesome and they have a beautiful Humane Society in Omaha. My aunt who still lives there volunteers and does some foster work for them.  

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

We lived in Cornhuskerland - Lincoln - for four years. Made some awesome friends, and the weather gave us something to discuss with friendly strangers almost every day! "Wow - how about that thundersleet, huh? And we still can't find our patio furniture, but the dogs are out of the tree and there's not a scratch on them..."

• Meece

Paulding, no horses, but I ran an outfitting business in the 90s with our llamas.  I was a 4-H leader and my kids got lambs, goats, chickens, ducks, geese....and on we go.  I miss the fresh eggs!

Whew, you make it all seem so romantic, Kleenex!

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748

And how about the College World Series in Omaha?  Always a good time! 

Yes, the weather leaves a bit to be desired, (especially when it gets waaaay below zero in the winter) but it is a great place...

Go Big Red!

Tori

DE COLORES!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hey, Eph!  How are you and your shoulder doing???  Hollah back!

Kleenex, that's how I got my patio furniture.  And my dog too.

Pinktober is also "high season" for garage sales.  My neighborhood had one and I went shopping on my bike this afternoon.  Hope everyone has a fun Fall weekend planned.

• Meece

It's gonna be Christmas before we know it.  I have a busy Autumn already!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Eph, thinking of you.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Hi Middies-went to the hospital Tues @ 3:30PM for 5:30 PM surgery.  I had gone into the doctor's office @ 8:30AM that day & was told not to eat or drink anything from that point on.  At 9PM Tues night the doctor called & said he was sorry, but surgery would have to wait till Wed around 5PM.  Stayed in hospital & finally got eat Tues night. Extremely long frustrating story ( which I will write another day) I ended up having surgery around 10PM Wed night
    ( after being cut off food & drink @ 8:30am that day!) Got to go home yesterday @ 3PM & had my 1st physical therapy @10:30 this AM.  I am here to tell you---It's a very painful thing to do to oneself! Avoid it at all costs!  Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers-I felt them-I'm sure it's what kept me from exploding into a bazillion pieces!
  • Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

I will be so glad this new years chemo will be over. My last cycle ends dec 28th. Hopefully I wont be too sick.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

HEEEEY Joni is back.♥

You take care of yourself maybe a small bird in the cage can keep you company for a while until you resume your normal activities.♥Wink

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Eph., sorry you have had such a bad time.  Hope things get better for you!

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Hope you are feeling better Eph.

Hi again long time no drop in been a busy summer and fall.  

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Joni))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I was in my final PT session of the year today -- while you were having your first. My insurance has cut me off & I'll just continue to do the best I can with the exercises I've been given.

Yes, I get the pain-concept & mine isn't broken. I hope that you have some great meds.

xx00xx00xx00xx

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

((((Joni)))))) big hugs and lots of prayers.

• Meece

((((((Joni))))))) so glad to have you back.  Don't worry about typing slowly with one hand, I will read your posts slowly.