MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Your turkey needs a dance partner for the Happy Dance!

Whoopee! 

Congrats on Seven Years, Meece!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Thank you so much!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Nativemainer, this thread is the best link for all of us to express our feelings and the way how we are sharing..it is really an amaging moment in my life. I learnt so many things which I never expect in my life. I am absolutely reborn with a new life, I feel, I can easily passed the agonies in my life . This is really un-imaginative.

Today I am feeling so good on 7th cancervarsary celebration of meece by all the members and feel so proud of being amongst you , so supportive to each and everyone. I once again thanks to all my colleques in this thread for being  part & parcel of my life.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Yay for Meece!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

VANILLA.....most definately

WHOOOO HOOOOO   7 years...what a celebration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't do the Black Friday shopping thing, but my girlfriend and I are going to go see BIRLESQUE today and try to do a little. Hope the crowds have settled down a little. Looks like a good movie and I like Cher. Have a good day ladies.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

CONGRATULATIONS MEECE

• elimar

I put on a pound just reading about the whipped cream!  Joined my hubby for a walk at a nearby nature trail.  He said a lot of people were out "guilt walking" yesterday.  Hee-hee.  I really tried hard not to over eat this weekend (which is not over yet!!!)   I'm going to have to be more vigilant this year with my holiday eating, since I'm starting out with five extra Tamoxi-pounds going into the season.

Very happy to say that the hot flashes from hell have tapered off quite a bit.  Going to say that I agree with the humidity theory.  Once November rolled around and the air got pretty dry, the flashes became a lot more tolerable. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

leisaparis: DD & I are going to Burlesque in about an hour.  I hope that it's good-I hate anticipating a movie for a while and then have it be a DUD!

Meece-congrats on your 7 year mark-you are a blessing to me!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842

meese-congrats on 7 years!  I am a TN also and seeing you 7 years out is just marvelous!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday.  I am in FL  visiting my Navyson , DIL and grandson.  A much better Thanksgiving this year.  And so very much to be thankful for.

Navy 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

AND????? WELL????

How was Burlesque???? I think that's one movie I'd LOVE to see. Adore Cher and love the music. Was it worth it??? I just heard it bashed on the radio (by a guy of course)....

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97
  • ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

The wine Glass Represents our celebration! Go Meece! Happy 7th Birthday!

Let all toast! 

Hope all of you are having a awesome Weekend.!

Here's to all of you!  {{{hugs}}} to all my Middle aged Pals!

Love ya! Gina

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

ReginaR - Love the Pink Wine glass and the recipe.  Will have to give it a try.

Jo 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,899

Hooray for Meece!!!!!!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Barbe, DD & I loved it-Burlesque!  Cher was great altho I think the poor thing has done too much botox-her face doesn't move much, but she's still gorgeous & the blond bombshell-Christina Aguillarea (or however her name is spelled) was great! I wasn't aware of how good a voice she had.

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490

I saw Due Date tonight. If you want to laugh, go see it. I found it extremely funny and so did my DH.

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553

Ladies - my mouth is still watering reading the yummy recipes from either side of USA and India.  I stuff chicken (bread, onion, suet and herbs) for Christmas but quite regularly buy a precooked hot stuffed chicken from the supermarket for a meal.  We roast a leg of lamb and the chicken in our BBQ - gas with a hood so it is just like roasting in the oven really - (remember Christmas is summer for us) as well as the potatoes and veges ie pumpkin, parsnip, carrot.  In summer it is just awful trying to cook inside so when we got the nice big BBQ about 8 years ago we moved the cooking outside.  Gives my DH something to do all morning and saves a lot of cleaning after the meal.  I am going to try a pumpkin pie - I had a piece at a restaurant once and loved it but have never got round to it myself but it does sound easy if you buy the prepared crust.  I'm not sure if we can get canned pumpkin pie mix or even canned pumpkin so I may be back for a recipe if I can't find it.  Do you use this kind of pumpkin if you make it - we call it a Crown pumpkin?nukiwikitchen.blogspot.com

Oops sorry, bit big but can't find a smaller one to work. 

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748

Congrats on 7 years Meece!!!

Tori 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

If anyone is looking for a good movie with lots of action - just got back from see Unstoppable with Denzel Washington.  Not a long movie but worth watching.

Now really tired and off to bed

Have A Restful Night Everyone

Jo 

• elimar

rae, I'm sure that pumpkin will work.  We have the rounder, oranger kind, you know, like you've seen when people have posted pics of those carved jack-o-lanterns at Halloween time.

All about grilling outdoors in the summer.  Refuse to turn the oven on for about three mos. of the year.  We moved into a house with a gas grill in the yard and never looked back.  We use that thing year round.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Burlesque was a great movie. Anyone who likes Cher will love it. And yes, a little to much botox. She still looks as skinny as ever. Christina Agulaira(sp) was wonderful as well. What a great voice. I want to see Due Date as well. I hear it is really funny. Want to see Unstoppable & The Sorcer's Apprentice too. I'm a BIG movie nut. Must have @ 600 movies,DVD's & VHS.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Meece,  wooooo hooooo sweetie!!!!!!!!!! Happy Cancerversary :)
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    congratulations, MEECE!!!   3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    thanks, ladies.. i wanted to see the movie before. am definitely seeing it now..!! congrats, again, meecie
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Thank you all for your congratulations.  I do appreciate each and every one of you.

DH is not a movie goer, so I don't get out to see any movies.  We don't watch them at home either.  I'd love to, but DH doesn't like them so much.  DS3 is an avid movie fan, so maybe I could get him to go with me.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Meece.....happy 7 years!!!  thata is a milestone to celebrate!!!! and one for those behind you to look forward to!!!

My 2kids at home, hubby and my folks saw Unstoppalbe on turkey day....they all loved it,,,,I stayed home in peace and quiet to finish cooking and then a walk with the dog!!! :)

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Yea Meece!!! 

• LEisenbarth
    LEisenbarth Member Posts: 4
    Funny I never thought I was middle aged.  Just thought my kids were getting to old for birthdays.  I will soon be 45 and quit possibly get to have my 1st chemo treatment on my birthday.  Glad to have some women to share my feelings with.   My husband has been great, but he's not much on showing emotion.  Any ideas on making chemo easier.  Smile God Bless you all.
  • elimar

LEisenbarth, welcome to your middle-agedness and to this thread.  What surgery did you have?  One suggestion I have for you is to first celebrate your birthday and then have the chemo a day or so later.  Waiting a couple days to start shouldn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  This suggestion is just because you never know how you will react to the chemo the first time.  Then again, I skipped the chemo, so I'm sure some others will have better suggestions.

There is also a whole forum here (look above in that pull-down menu) for "Chemo--before, during & after," with a zillion topics and you can join the Dec. 2010 Chemo thread too...then you get in with women going thru' it at the same time as you.  (Plus, read Oct. & Nov. groups to get some info. from the ladies just a bit further along.) 

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Meeeeeecie!!! Are ya still dancin' today? I would think so.

We are all packed up and head out around dawn tomorrow for da biggest of my crazy adventures to date, or at least the wildest ride to date. We start for DC and spend the night w DD2&hubby and then it's off  to the races & into the BIG apple.

Three schools over the remaining 4 days. Upper east Manhatten, then Long Island and then 14th Street on Friday. Serious fun or serious nuts.... who actually drives in da big city?????

This is such a big thrill. Send travel mercies in our direction. Hopefully we'll have connectivity here & there -- from time to time.

Everybody take good care of each other.

xx00xx00xx00xx

Five days till I'm squeezing our Cookiest in person!!! What a reward for a week of excitement!!!