MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Yay, zogo!!!  So glad you stopped by to share your good news, and hopefully the last two drains will be out well before Xmas.  No chocolate at the holidays?  Better buy an extra bag o' Cheetos.  (Has anyone seen the giant snowball Cheetos this year?) 

• jrnld28
    jrnld28 Member Posts: 7

That was so funny Elimar! I was very down and you made me laugh.Thank you.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

No, haven't seen them yet.  I was sooooo craving Cheetos yesterday, I would have had a whole bag.

• elimar

jrnld28, Not sure what you found funny...If it waa the giant Cheetos snowballs, they actually had them last year, in a limited edition.  A few wound up as ornaments on my tree.  Why not?

That is the nice thing about having so many B/C sisters here.  They will hug you when you cry, but at the same time try to make you laugh again.  Here, you don't have to feel alone with anything you are feeling, and you don't even have to hold it in.  We do understand.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

zogo congrats on getting some of your drains out.  What a relief. Hopefully fixing the necrosis wont be all that bad.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

nativemainer .. Gulap jamoon and kheer are traditional sweet dishes of India.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,605

Thanks Sherry, as long as it's just the skin, and not the flap, that has the necrosis, I'm good.  I'm sure I can find plenty of extra skin to donate for a graft!  I can't believe how good it is to have this "bonus" tummy tuck with the diep flap.  Now for my thighs and hips catch up with my svelt tummy.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I haven't seen the giant white one...but I did find a bag of them the size of marshmellows at Wal-Mart. I had to look twice, but there they were white round cheetos.

• Meece

Those are the ones.

• jmgneco
    jmgneco Member Posts: 1

i am one of the those 40-60 hot-flashing active breast cancer survivor. I am still treating but I am cancer free since the suregry. read my story in facebook. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=136003639748507

• Meece

Welcome jmgneco. Sorry we have to meet under these circumstances.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome jmgneco.  Sorry you have to be here.  There is lots of support here

• elimar

The BONE SCAN was fairly simple like everyone had said.  The check in and initial ONE HOUR wait to get the ONE MINUTE injection was annoying.  The mandatory pregnancy test was even more annoying.  I asked if I could sign off on that, but after talking to a supervisor I could tell they had "penalties" in place for the uncooperative types...like lots more additional waiting...it was dumb.  How many lab. claims they must file on women who KNOW they are not pregnant, but who don't have the time of day to mount a full scale rebellion against peeing in the cup.  Are these forced procedures going to get us lower ins. premiums?  I don't think so.  Anyway, then when he went to give me the injection I told him he had to use my left side, BUT then I noticed that arm had a big bruise from a blood draw three days before, so I said, "Go ahead, use my treatment side.  What the heck!"   I was feeling devil-may-care at that point.  

When I returned three hours later to get the scan, I had the same tech. so he was laughing (rather than shocked) when I told him, "Wow, what was in that shot?  My baby's been kicking all morning!"  Hohoho!  Forty-five minutes and two aching hip joints later, I was done.  I could see the last part of the scan on the monitor, because i was sitting up as he did another view of the pelvis, and it looked good.  Nice dark bones.  I should know the rest by Xmas.

• jo1955

elimar - What a rebellious thing you are.  Good for you.  Some of the stuff we have to go through is ridiculous and sent to our insurance companies for payment.  I would laugh too if I was told I had to take a pregnancy test.  I am 55 and went through menopause almost years ago.  I just wouldn't have it done and if they still made me, I would call my insurance company and tell them to not pay it.

Hope for good results on the bone scan 

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

I'm fairly certain that I posted this image last year from our tree. This year EVERYthing is in boxes, so I have to appreciate thru Photobucket.

With so many new members, I hope it adds some cheer to those newly in our middie club.

PM/Lisa. I dedicate this ornament's message to your journey this season. Sending prayers for your story. Know that we are all cheering for you, along with all of our middies in treatment currently. 

Elimar, I'm glad to hear that you've gone forward with the test. Now you can enjoy the season in full-tilt. May there always be upbeat news in Middie-land.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
    This is for all members.
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Faith what a beautiful Ornament.

My Dh took this shot in Mexico thought I should share it.

• elimar
    mumayan, the colors in that pic are awesome!  Think it is about time we all migrate to a nice sunny beach.
  • jo1955

Sheila - gunaydin arkadasim

All the pictures are beautiful.  Really puts a bright spot in the day.  Thanks to everyone for sharing them. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

elimar glad you got the bone scan and love your sence of humor.  I love when they ask me if I may be pregnant and I tell them no way they always look at me funny and I tell them I had a hysterectomy 16 years ago, it would be a miracle conception.  They still want me to sign waivers!

faithand fity what a beautiful ornamant.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Jo...Soguk havayi hic sevmiyorum.

Elimar... I was LOL for your SOH. Glad its over.

I always say if I was pregnant I would be on Eyewitness News.

Now they don't bother me anymore since Im considered a very mature woman by age.Wink

Good Morning to you all.

• brazos58
    brazos58 Member Posts: 109

elimar.... you were in my thots yesterday re: yer bone scan.

Heya to Everyone Here and all Newbies.

((PMom))

(( Blessings))

• Meece

Gosh, Elimar, do we put on a baby shower for you?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Or do we just call Faux News?

• elimar

Christmas

• jo1955

elimar - Do I need to go shopping at Baby's R US?

• Meece

Check the registry there.

• Meece

I remember going in for surgery five years ago.  I had to go in and have all the pre-admission labs done, but when I came in the morning of surgery, they said someone had forgotten the Pregnancy test.  I told them DH is fixed, and I'm fixed, and they postposted my surgery an hour until they got the results of the test back.  Amazingly, it was negative!

• jo1955

Meece - Are you expecting a boy or girl?  

• Meece

Yes