MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• kadeeb
    kadeeb Member Posts: 16

Maureene,

I did the AC then Taxol.  They were my last 3 treatments. Any hair that wasn't gone left with taxol but by the time it was over there was fuzz growing in several places. SE are about the same, numbness in hands and feet, but not so much tired as with AC. No real digestive problems. Just keep an eye on the numbness. I'm 3 years out and still feel a little numb in the tips of my fingers.  After AC, it's not much to write home about.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Maureen, welcome.  We love and hate to get new buddies in here, you understand!  I had A/C and Taxol.  I don't want to talk about side effects though because we're all so totally different, truly.  I will say that most people thought Taxol was easier to tolerate than A/C.  If I'm going to be honest, that wasn't the case for me.  Just know that whatever you experience, probably one of us did too, so don't hesitate to talk about it.  Not sure if you checked the home page of the boards, but there's probably a thread for "starting chemo Dec 2010" in there, so you might find more answers to instant concerns of yours.  Which is in NO way to say we won't help here too, I just want you to have all the answers you can possibly find.  I was doing tx during Christmas 2005 and my hub and 2 grown single daughters cut me no slack, which was good for that day.  I had my pity party later :)

Jo, support is what we do ... it's what we got when we needed it (us old timers) and it's what we can and want to give back, so no thanks ever needed.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Hi Maureen....i also had 4X A/C   and Taxol every 2 weeks 4X

You are not whiney A/C kicked everything in me mouth sores, nausea lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks.

Now Taxol was so pleasant after that red devil.

Just mild discomfort like heartburn or this heavy feeling in the stomach.

We are all different. I wish you a no SE Taxol treatment.

If you survived A/C.....Taxol will be like a breeze.

Hugs

Sheila

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

We have 2 new Sisters under 50 posts. This information is for you.

ALL NEWCOMERS ARE ALLOWED  5 POSTS IN 24 HOUR PERIOD UNTIL THEY REACH 50 POSTS.

YOU HAVE UNLIMITED PRIVATE MESSAGE POSTINGS BY CLICKING ON THE PERSON'S NAME YOU WANT TO COMMUNICATE.

JUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WHEN THE NEW PAGE OPENS UP.

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP ALL THE NEWBIES.

SHEILA

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Thanks Seyla for posting that public service announcement for Newbies.  You are so good at remembering to mention it and I always forget about that.  :-)
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Welcome newcomers.

This is a wonderful resource for information and chuckles now and again.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

(NOT) BREAKING NEWS

The crazy glued hope ornament is safely up!!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    welcome Maureen813
  • 3jaysmom
    wow! barbe i would love a rant and rave retreat!! im getting good at it at home, by myself.. so, i should be good "to go" !!      3jays
  • faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

I nominate Utah for our first rant and rave retreat.

I was there for over 36 hours, spent nearly 5 hours in Zion National Park and suggest we meet there.

Welcome newbies.

Welcome grandson.

Welcome whining.

Welcome supporters.

Welcome information.

Welcome progress thru treatment.

Welcome good news for our PM/Lisa.

Welcome holidays ahead.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

Can't wait to get a slide show together of this afternoon's pictures.

Spending a day is the BRISK fresh air, seeing the marvels & wonders of our creation has left me too euphoric to sleep on my Red Eye flight.

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Yes. I am posting on BCO from above planet Earth, mid-flight.

Boggles my mind, which many of you know is very easy to do, but still................

So awesome.

Seriously big things must be comin'

cuz who'd a thunk such a possibility as this?

xx00xx00xx00xx

Hope that you're all sleeping well, while I tend the fire.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

maureen818! A big welcome ! You are lucky to be here amongst  the most experience and brave ladies. With their support  you will definitely  be able to forget about  your BC. If you want to get  healed faster, this is the only thread  through which you will get  all the answers  to your  queries from time to time. Lucky to be here. Well done.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!  You will find lots of support and real good information here. Ask lots of questions and feel free to vent.  We are all in this together.

Welcome Comments and Graphics for MySpace, Tagged, Facebook

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71
    faith and fifty, Zion National Park is a wonderful place. I haven't been there since a backpacking trip over spring break when I was going to college in California. We hiked in under beautiful sunny skies on a warm March day, woke to snow bending down our tents, hiked out faster than we hiked in because those empty gullies we crossed on the way in were turning into raging torrents. It was quite an experience! But the place itself is beautiful. I would love to visit it again--but no backpacking this time! I'd love to rant and rave with you ladies.  Yell (That's what I look like when I rant and rave.)
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Zion Lodge has group rates. And they give one free room for every 20 booked.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I'll be the 21st then please!!! Is that like calling shotgun?

Edited because I failed the IQ test and said 20th....doi!~

• barbaraa

Barbe you crack me up.

• barbe1958

Yah, I crack ME up too! ehehehehehehhe

• 3jaysmom
    this how I look ranting, and sceaming... 3jays
  • TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

Maureen--sent you a PM (Private Message--click on tab at top of page)

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Hi all....just an update on my friend. His cancer is now in his liver, so it is "treatable" not "curable". Does this mean he is now Stage 4? They feel they can control it for a number of years...I'm not sure how many. The odds for pancreatic cancer make bc look good.

It's odd...unlike BC gals he wants to talk about it as little as possible. We are going to my Packer bar tomorrow to watch football. He starts chemo Thursday.

He seems to have a really relaxed attitude about it all. It's funny because my instinct is to chat about it, but he would rather I talk about ANYTHING else.

I still think it's odd...just a few years ago we would go to a beach, not a care in the world, now we are both cancer patients.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

OG...congrats on your grandbaby :)

• barbe1958

Cookie, he's a guy............he internalizes everything. Give him a hug and stop talking Kiss

• jo1955

cookiegal - My hubby has had two bouts with cancer and he does not talk about it.  Face it - it's a guy thing like barbe said.  Give him a hug and be there for him - he will talk  when he is ready.

• elimar

Anyone in chemo and rads right now (or just finished up)...IT'S PERFECTLY O.K. NOT TO BUST YOUR BUTT trying to put up a whole houseful of decorations.  I'm just sayin'

God Rest Ye B/C Gentlewomen!

• barbaraa

Hey Eli, I am not in active tx now but I am not busting my butt this year. Life is too short.

• jo1955

elimar - Just finished rads 9 days ago and it is all I can do to get the Christmas cards done.  Have about 50 to mail and and that many more to give to friends.  Was feeling a bit guilty about not wanting to decorate the house and get the tree up.  Not enough energy.  After reading your post, I want to say thank you.  Now I feel better and will take it easy.  There is always next year and it will be better than this year.

You really inspire me. 

• Meece

Can I qualify as "just finished up" if it's been 6 years, cuz I still don't have the stamina I had pre-BC.

• elimar
    Meece, that's not the B/C, that's the middle age.  I also want to add that, before B/C, you must have been a regular whirlwind of energy, 'cause I saw the pic you posted of your outdoor decorations and that was a lot of work.  Real pretty, you should post it here too.
  • Meece

Yes, before BC I worked phisically6-8 hours every day and raised a famliy the other 16-18 hours.  I had to slow down during chemo.