• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Meece

Have you picked names yet? 

• jo1955

Meece - I could not resist.  I really needed the laugh today.  Thanks for being such a good sport

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

The middle-aged thread...where you can expect the unexpected. 

Meece, does that mean one of each, then?

(Strangely opposite, years ago I had to see a doctor I was not familiar with as part of a whiplash claim thru' my auto ins.  His nurse asked if there was any chance I could be pregnant at the time?  I stood up, with a large protruding pregnant belly and told her, "Why, yes, there is a seven month probability that I AM!")

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Doesn't anyone understand common sense anymore?  Congratulations on the twins Meece and E - when's your due date?

• jo1955

Gotta try and maintain a sense of humor - we all need a laugh every now and then.

Meece & E - Here is the first toy for the toy box 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Dang it-I was at ToysRUs @ lunch time, but didn't get to read the threads till after!  This 2nd job @ night is definitely killing my social scene (hobnobbing on the BCO threads).  I find out things WAAAAAAAAAAY too late to add my 2 cents worth!

Anyway-here's a hug for all my middies, pregnant or not!

• Meece

It means that I am having a boy or girl.

• Meece

When I was in labor with #1 I called my dr's service since it was 1:30 am.  My dr was not on call so they patched me in to her back-up.  He answered the phone and I told him how fast I was progressing.  He asked if this was my first baby and I told him yes.  He then asked how long were my labors with the others. It gave me such confidence in him, but by the time he arrived at the hospital I didn't care who was at the other end of the bed.

• elimar

What a knucklehead!

• jo1955

Meece - What a moron. Sounds like he needed hearing aids.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Thanks for the laugh guys I needed it.Laughing
  • jo1955

Really tired tonight and got a queasy tummy from the Femara - going to call it a night.

• Meece

The dr. probably did wear hearing aids.  He ws as old as the hills.  MIL said he delivered her first and that was 48 years before mine!  This guy wore a blue and white searsucker suit (like Matlock) every single day.  I only hoped he had more than one.  The nurses actually disappeared when he was on the ward because he treated them like dirt.  He wasn't thrilled having the dad in the delivery room, and I think if he had his choice he wouldn't have the mother there either!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I heard a women speak a while back about a clinical trial she was in for lymphoma/leukemia....she was past 60, has a full hysterectomy and still had to have a pregnancy test every time she went in for labs to be sure she wasn't pregnant!!! It was part of the protocol....everyone in the room had a good laugh when she was telling about it....

• eph3_12

karen-that's a riot.  I had a full hysterectomy 14 yrs ago.  I seriously don't remember having to do a pg test during the cancer ordeal (altho who knows what they did with all my blood).

Had a visit with onc today.  Now mind you, I've been busy working these 2 jobs but I've lost 13 lbs since Sept & I haven't even been trying!  I was "flab"bergasted but extremely happy!  Now, if I can just keep it up.  And I've been on Femara for a year-I know I have more tummy, but must be losing it from somewhere else.  Yeah!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    good God, Elimar, they just need their pound of flesh, eh? glad the bone scan looked good, and was easy enough. i have to go for one soon, so its always good to hear you guys before i do ahve to do it.. love the kitty!!!       3jays   welcome; JMG
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Since Eli makes this thread so full of holiday cheer, here is some cheer.

Here is the Archer/Horne Hanukah bush.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Joni, good for you!!!! I am VERY impressed. At least something good came out of working 24/7....you done good! Laughing
  • elimar

Yeah, Eph, I guess you are on the Two-job Weight Loss Program.  You need to go onto that E-Lab thread and tell them your secret...to make the pounds disappear they all need to get two jobs!  (The extra money doesn't hurt either.)  So, is one of your jobs seasonal (holiday help?)

BarbaraA,  The Hanukkah bush looks very festive and nice.

• eph3_12
    Yes, Christmas season Order entry for a large mail-order fruit/gift company in business since 1934.  Tongue out I worked for this company from '72-'78, never thought I'd be back!
  • susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

Ah, Eph3_12. I know what company that is, too! (My brother lives in Ashland.)

• Meece

We have just checked in to our hotel. I have several things to say but we are heading out in minutes and I wanted to let you know something important. I spoke with our sister PauldingMom on our drive. She didn't answer immediately which had me worried. Not too long after she called me from her hospital room. She is back in for another transfusion and has had to be getting fluids this week. She wanted me to pass on that she is okay and is trying to get healthy enough to be home for Christmas.

Copied from the "Garden" thread

• elimar

Thinking of P-Mom, that she can be ...

Home For the Holidays

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Eli once again I love the top of screen pic - you've found really good ones this season :)  The bits about preg tests are too funny!  I had to sign some papers saying I couldn't be preggers, but no one ever made me actually take a test.  And I was pre-men when dx'd too!!  

Eph, careful with losing so much so quickly though .. hope you're getting enough to eat somewhere during the day!!

Barb, your bush/tree is gorgeous!  I gasped at the angel topper - here's a pic of two creations I made years ago when I did crafts and they are still two of my favorite ornaments.  I put them on the wall right over the drywall patches!!!

• eph3_12

no worries Mary-I have at least 60 more to go before I hit the danger zone! And I am eating, but I'm not doing as much crud food cause I don't have time to hit fast food joints, etc.

• barbaraa

WOW Marlegal! Your angel looks just like my angel! 

Joni, I am with you. I don't go to clients as much as I used to but when I did, I would hit a drive through and eat in the car on the way from one to another. I am either out of town (which means I eat well in hotels or restaurants) or working from home, where I have all my 'good' food.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
     Mery Christmas !
  • barbaraa

Thanks for the lovely bells Raj!

Hope everyone has a great holiday week!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
    Yeah! everyone  should have a great holiday  keeping in mind ....