MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

Happy Holidays, everyone!! i can't believe its snuck up on us so quickly.. since im still in bed alot, when im up; im trying to get it done.. still getting tree done. my liv. rm looks like " who did it and ran"   oldest Jay told me today, we won't see any of them for Christmas, and if we want to, we must come to his house early xmas day.. so, i'll skip my 2 pain pills, so i wont be able to sleep; just to see dear beloved Grand kids that morning.. a real hard trade off... my 3 jays are incredibly selfish boys.. i shouls be used to it, by now.. they're all in their thirtys now, or older.. so, it dosn't matter about our house. noone will be here to see it finished. no hurry. my DH and i will enjoy it whenever we're done..

i thought of Isabella, and got grateful for even an hour or two to see beloveds' i'll be grateful for the crumbs i get, when others get none..   happy holidays, ladies.. dont let the turkeys get ya down  (me, too) and meece. im praying you and DH enjoy each other, and other kids at Christmas, putting the sadness away for HIS Birthday.. im sure, you will....       3jays

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Raj - What lovely bells. Thanks

elimar - Such a beautiful tree at the top of the thread 

Well, I have finished the Christmas cards and the shopping, just got to get everything wrapped.  Really surprised myself.  Don't have to do much cooking so I am relieved.  The stores are a mess and people are wall to wall.  Not going out again except for groceries until after the holidays. 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

A quick note to say that PM is getting out of the hospital this afternoon.  May she stay healthy enough to be home with her family at Christmas.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Praise God!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

That's great news about P-Mom!  One day soon she'll look on here and see we were missing her.  P-Mom, I sincerely hope you have a relaxing, stress-free, joyful holiday with your family including your B/C survivor mom.

(I'm repeating the pic at the top, in case you didn't get to see it while it was up there.)

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

LOvely picture Eli and great news about PM. HAPPY HOLIDAYS PM!!! Miss You!!

• Meece

When PM goes to chemo, she opens this forum in a lot of tabs at home, so she can read through them since there is not wi-fi there.  Computer work is not easy right now, and she rests often.  I told her if she'd like I would read some of the posts to her (about her).  At this point she says she is still catching up on them, just not posting much.

• elimar

That is pretty nice handiwork on creating those angel decorations marlegal!  I'm not too crafty myself, but every now and then I got pressed into service to make something with kids, either in school or in Scouts.  One year, we made Santa ornaments made from the most common kind of seashell you can find in N. Carolina.  That's my kind of craft, where the raw materials are free,  We just colored them with markers, leaving the natural white for the beard.  Have to credit my SIL for that suggestion.  (I'll never forget one boy made "beatnik Santa."  Hohoho!)

Photobucket

• jo1955

Great news P-Mom - wishing you a relaxing, stress - free holiday season

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I ordered collage pics to send with my cards this year and they finally arrived today....so now I just need to get busy and write a few personal notes and address the cards...don't have an excuse now for not doing them...I figure as long as they arrive by the 1st of the year, I'm okay....

• jo1955

Had a symptom free day with the Femara - looks like it is gonna work.  Like taking it at night - gives me good sleep.  Hope this trend continues.

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495

Lisa - on behalf of all the other July Jedis who don't post here, you are in our thoughts. Have a Happy Christmas. You are our strong brave leader who has helped so many jedis get through treatment. We are here for you. (I've put this thread in my favs)

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Here's to sleeping well!  I actually sleep through the night about twice a week now, for the first time in 3 years.  I'm hoping the trend continues! 

Merry Christmas, PM!  Enjoy the family, post if you have time.  

• Meece

Congratulations on your sleep, NM.  Amazing how when things go rough in our lives, sleep seems to be the first thing to be affected.

• 3jaysmom
    sleep? was that?     3jays
  • elimar

Legend has it that people once got eight hours of sleep a night.  Hard to believe.

• 3jaysmom
    hasn't happened to me for many moons, but am enjoying 5-6 hrs.. they're unfortunately preceded with a whole nite of sleplessness, and come from exhaustion and a pain pill at 6-7 AM. w/out all night wandering, the pill doesn't put me to sleep, alas.... {{{sigh}}}} 3jays
  • jo1955

What is 8 hours of sleep?  I remember in my much younger days I could sleep for 10 -12 hours at a time.

Go to bed at 10:00 lay there until midnight sometimes. Sleep 2 -21/2, up to go to the bathroom , hot flash. Back to bed. Toss & turn for up to 30 mins, sleep for 2 hours, bathroom, hot flash and the cycle goes on. Up at 6:00

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I dream of a solid 6 hours sleep without waking up!!!  Most nights I have trouble falling asleep and wake up 2 - 3 times and that is with sleep aids!!!  jo1955...my sleep looks alot like yours!!!

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

My husband will tell me how he slept 6 hours straight, and I just want to hit him. I think I have slept 6 hours straight once in the past 5 years, and that was when I was getting over the flu. I'm always up at least once a night for the bathroom--twice a night now that I'm drinking all that water for rads--and wake up to roll over a few other times. Fortunately, I do fall asleep quickly at bedtime and usually get back to sleep fairly quickly after waking. But a solid night's sleep? Nope, don't know what that is like. Not even before cancer.

• elimar

Somewhere in the many pages, we have had this topic before...and I am sure we will have it again.  I took sleep for granted the first 25-30 years of my life, but by the time you reach Mid-Age, it becomes a real commodity.  I do think sleep is the foundation of wellness (or at least one of the main supporting pillars.)  

Sweet Dreams

• jo1955

elimar - I couldn't agree with you more.  We do need the sleep.  If sleep is not in the cards, at least rest time.  Sometimes when I try and nap in the afternoon, I don't fall asleep but lay on the bed with the eyes closes sometimes for an hour.  I do feel better when I get up.

Cute picture.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Some day I will sleep like I did when in my twenties.(I hope).  I was an Olympic class sleeper. I could sleep 23 hours in a day. Now, if I am lucky, maybe 5 hours. Sheesh.

• jo1955

BarbaraA - I am relieved to know I am not the only one who gets little sleep.  Some days it makes it hard to work a full time job and get all the other things done that need to get done.

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490

I'm using larazapan

i hate using it but 2 hours a night were not enough to survive

the doc said he hoped it would kick start what was ruined by chemo and i wouldnt need it for long

hoping

• jo1955

Wishing everyone a good night's sleep

• Meece

I can sleep from say 9 to midnight after that  how much and for what  lengths is questionable.  I sure get tired of being tired!

• barbe1958

You guys need better drugs!!! My DH has to wake me up! I would sleep 14 hours a day if I didn't have to work. But, having said that, too much sleep is a sign of depression. Mine is drug induced. Sorry, I can't help it!

I do still get up to pee but I'm glad I do. The alternative is peeing the bed!

• Meece

Luckily I can make it through the night without having to make a bathroom run.  I slept pretty well last night, but I stayed up until after 10, and woke up now and again.  If I take a couple of Tylenol PM it helps.  I can usually get 4 hours of uninurrupted sleep in.

• barbe1958

I stay up reading once we go to bed. We go early 8-9 by habit. But the problem right now is a mark on my glasses that I can't get off, so I have to squint my eyes. From squinting to just shutting is soooooo much easier! I usually read with only one eye and that tires me prett quickly.

I can't read anywhere else as I get too sleepy. I've really trained my body for the treat of reading in bed. When we go away and I'm reading on the beach or poolside I get incredibly tired! hehehehehehehehehe