MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Our skies were way too cloudy for eclipse watching.  Bummer because I like that stuff.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

elimar - Love the picture at the top of the thread

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

the lunar eclipse was amazing.....sky was clear in Denver so a great view out of my backyard....the red moon at the end was beautiful....sure wish I took pictures, but I have a point and shoot and didn't think it would do a good job....I guess I should have at least tried!!  It was 11:30 - 1:30 here in the Rocky mountains....I was up reading so went outside 3 or 4 times, the last time around 1:30...Good Morning America is going to show some pictures....I guess I will have to keep watching then get a shower....boy have I been lazy the past 2 mornings, but going to bed at 2:40 and having trouble falling asleep makes one tired the next day!!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Hi! raeinnz, gingerbrew ,nativemainer.. I had posted that flower as my morning wishes to you all. It is actually "Morning Glory " flower. There are different colors and shape in this species. I have the blue one. It is  creeper. I feel good as you all liked the same.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I never got back outside to see the eclipse...I fell asleep around midnight.  Then when I woke at 5:00 a.m., of course it was over.  So no eclipse and only five hours of sleep.  I'm a two time loser!

On a more positive note, my bone scan came back clear.  You might remember that the tech did give me a little hint, but now it is official.  I'll be keeping my hair til further notice (unless Xmas drama makes me tug it out!)  The bone scan did not, however, reveal what IS at the root of my back pain, but at least no mets were seen.  Probably my terrible posture in the computer chair!!!  

SNOWMAN

Had to get a little happy dancing in!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

YEAH E!  I'm so happy for you.

See full size image

Also, I missed the eclipse too, not because I was sleeping though.  It was too cloudy.  I did sleep for a total of four hours last night, just not in a row!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

elimar congrats on the bonescan being clear!!!!!!!!!!!!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{{ELI}}}} happy dance on your scan!  Raj love the morning glory!

• elimar

Thanks!   With a small, slow growing ER/PR+ tumor like I had, I really did not expect that a scan would find something only one year out, but it's still GOOD news.  Now let's see if I can keep dancin' for a couple more decades.

dancing elf Pictures, Images and Photos

• jo1955

elimar - Doing the happy dance with you.  Congrats on the bone scan

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 27

Lunasta did not work well for me.  I would only sleep 5 hours or so and wake up every time I tried it.

If you want to give it a try - their website is offering coupons and good discounts.

Ambien is the best for me

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 27

OH, that was first post here.  But I have been reading a bit.  off of work today to get ready for Christmas and visitors.  SO, here I am !!!  not doing either.

But I am 54. 3 kids and suffering badly with my "EMPTY NEST"   Anyone else coping with this ??

Diagnosed 2 years ago

• elimar
    Welcome erica31!  What surgery & treatments did you have?  Are you on a hormonal maintenance drug now?  Just this Fall, I got an empty nest and I mostly like it, tho' the house seems almost too quiet at times.  My babies have only flown off down the road to two different colleges in my city, so they come back quite a bit to "dirty the nest" so to speak.
  • elimar

Hey PauldingMom, I did some virtual baking for you.  Hope you will have many holiday treats and a good appetite to enjoy them. 

Christmas Poinsettia Cookie Bouquet Pictures, Images and Photos

• barbaraa

Here are some Christmas flowers also!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-I'm eating Cheetos at my desk! I'll save you some Lisa....shhhhhhhh
  • phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

hi kids...just joined in.   i know some havehad success with valerian roor as well.  the natural genesis of valim but not a benzo. cuz it is natural. another successful one for many is mirtazapine(remeron®) in tiny doses.  in reg it is an antidepressant, but in small amounts it has been proven to be a good sleep aid (per mayo clinic, apa)  worked for my mother, myself, and other friends and their friends.  for what it is woreth.    my pleasure is depression. t'all got that one?

• elimar
    phew, welcome, I like your screen name...because I read your profile and Phew! really sums it up pretty well!  Girl, you are a major cancer ass-kicker! 
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

WOW phew!  I'll share some Cheetos with you any day...you rock!

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

nice to meetcha'll   but i prefer chhezitzTongue out

~nc 

• jo1955

Welcome phew - All this food and pretty pics.  Just as lunch too.

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Well girls I am back in Omaha and I am loving on my new grandson "Sam" every minute! Today I showed my DD how to give him a bath in his little tub and I sent her out to do a little shopping because she has been in the house for 11 days! I think if they gave us babies in our 50's we would all be skinny and sleeping..I usually take neurontin and a small vicodin every night and I sleep through the night usually. Arimidex gives me such bone pain that I cannot sleep, and then the hot flashes whew! I hate that I am taking it but I don't know how I would travel all the time for work if I didn't get 6 hours of sleep.

I hope you all have a wonderful christmas and happy holidays and that Santa brings you everything you wished for!

Hugs and Love,

Linda

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I was on a larger does of Remeron years ago (long story). The way I describe it is I fell asleep as I put my hand up to turn out the light! It's a doozie and I couldn't remember the name until someone posted it above.

• barbaraa

Aw Linda, Jo, Barbe and all my sleepless sisters! I am doing serious talking to the HP about allowing us all some good sleep this holiday.

Just and update about my iPhone withdrawal. The AT&T store guy, Curt, is my hero. He asked if I was out of battery. DUH! But he plugged it in and BAM the sucker booted up. Apparently it was not the battery, had plenty, but sometimes the stupid phone will go back to normal if you plug it in. Sheesh. But I have my phone back! SIGH!!!!

• jo1955

elimar - What happened to the picture at the top?  I can't see it.

Must have been a glitch in my computer - I see it now. 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

I like the snowman!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Love the snowman...

El...congrats on the clean bone scan

Who was it who asked about empty nest?  I too am 54 and have 3 kids....oldest is married and lives in Toronto....middle is leaving for U of Hawaii in 13 days....and luckily I still have my 12 year old at home for 5 1/2 years......she was just commenting the other day about her brother leaving...I know she will miss as will I and his dad....I'm not ready to be empty nest!!!!

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

We were empty nesters--both boys graduated college and found work far from home--one in Japan, the other Pittsburgh. (We are in Oregon.) We had finally adjusted well to the empty nest and were starting to really enjoy it when out-of-work sister-in-law moved in last March. Now we miss our empty nest! At least our boys--and new daughter-in-law--will be in town for Christmas, just not staying at our house, sadly. No room at the inn... (Sister-in-law is applying for lowcost housing, so we are hopeful that she will be out before next Christmas, at least.)

• barbaraa

Bless you for your charity Susan. Hugs for you!

• jo1955

Hello Ladies - You know, I just can't figure out what is wrong with me today.  I have finished rads, had to stop taking Femara yesterday, couldn't deal with the nausea and dizzyness.  Slept pretty good last night.  Today I find myself in an absolute funk.  No ambition, don't want to do anything.  Had to force myself to get through work today and still have presents to wrap that I really don't care about. 

I have been trying to keep a positive attitude about this BC thing.  Have gotten lots and lots of support  from this thread and others. Have tried to help others through their journey with this beast.  Just can't figure it out.,  Don't know what it happening.  Never felt like this before.

Sorry to bring everyone down this close to Christmas.