MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

My Med onc won't order the cholesterol test either for the same reason as E's dr.  I was told the PCP has to order it. 

So much for keeping medical costs under control - if you're having labs drawn then the ordering dr. needs to order EVERYTHING and send the results to appropriate docs for follow up.  No one, including the insurance company, should be paying for an unnecessary lab draw.  Sorry, that's my nursing soap box.  I'm done now.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

HnS, welcome to the Cheeto thread!! Well, we do have other stuff going on like hot flashes, neuropathy, you name it we got it.

My friend Melissa has a friend David who has too mush time on his hands. Check out his Dog Nativity. Adorable.

Edited to say that the MUSH was a Freudian slip.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

HnS, Funny vid., but OMG! did those church people just say, "But if you lose, Santa is your ho'?"  Did I hear right???  That's some holiday blaspheming, right there!

suz, That's exactly what i was thinking too.  What a waste of money, not to mention I get punctured  twice.  Grrrrr!.

BarbA, ROFSMHO (That's ROF Shrieking My Head Off!) over the Dog Nativity.  Love it!!!  A big...

Smiley Santa - 11 HO HO Pictures, Images and Photos

Had to copy that on for posterity!

• barbaraa

Glad you liked it Eli. I ROTFLMAOUIGH.

ROTFLMAO until  I got hiccups.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Barbara that picture is hysterical. hahahahahahahahaha

Can I copy and send it to my DD?

• barbaraa

Sure, SV won't mind. It is hysterical.

• sheila888

Thanks Barbara and SV. How is she doing did she recover from that terrible experience?

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

OMG, Elimar! I'm sure they're not saying THAT, but I can't tell what they're saying! My son thinks they're saying "Santa is your OWN". Haha - I think they're a pretty good church, not a bunch of weirdos.

That reminds me of the time my son's lit class was reading Shakespeare out loud. He wasn't paying attention (of course), so when it was his turn someone nudged him and he just blurted out:

Give me a light there, HO!

The class burst out laughing and the teacher said, "It's ho, not HO!" 

• barbaraa

HnS, kids crack me up. Sheila, she is coming around. What a terrible experience.

• elimar

snowman throwing Pictures, Images and Photos

SNOWBALL FIGHT!  This is especially for everyone who hasn't had any snow yet.  Hohoho!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898
    Elimar-here's at tip for you, when you have to have blood work done for one doc, call your others and find out if they want any tests done or will want any done soon and have them send you a prescription or lab order for those tests. Then the lab can take enough blood to do all the tests at once. Another thing that's important to do is make sure a copy of all the lab tests (and every other test for that matter) are being sent to your PCP. And your Med Onc is an a$$h0[e IMHO. The tube of blood that he/she had drawn to check your chemistry (blood sugar, sodium, magnesium, kidney function, etc) has enough blood for a cholesterol test, too, In fact, your PCP could have called the lab that took the MedOnc's blood and asked them to run a cholesterol test on the sample they already had. Make sure you get a copy of each result, too. You'd be surprised how many times the same blood test is being done by different docs just because they don't all get the results.

Jo1955-your doc is correct, any doc can order a blood test and then refer if needed. Any doc can also instruct the lab to report the results of any test to your PCP in addition. For that matter, so can the patient. I routinely make the lab send copies of the test results to my Med Onc, BS, and PCP, regardless of who ordered it and why. I get a copy, too, and keep them all in a 3 ring binder that I carry to all appointments. I would get twice as many sticks for blood tests if I didn't do that.

Seyla888-make sure your doc is testing your liver enzymes at least yearly. One of Zocor's most common side effects is liver damage.

BarbaraA-That pic is GREAT!!!!!! I love it!

• sheila888

native...yes liver enzymes are checked every 3 months with my cholesterol by my Medical DR.

I don't think its necessary I'm on this Zocor over 10 years now and never had a elevated LE except during chemo. In my opinion once a year or even every 6 months should be enough.

Thanks

• elimar
    NMainer, with a little advance work, I will do better on my next blood draw circus event.  (I have the CBC & liver enzymes every six mos., and trying to do cholesterol yearly.)  Oh yeah, forgot this twist:  Did asked my MedOnc for the thyroid test this time around and he did that one, no prob.  Something is not adding up right is it, 'cause he sure doesn't treat thyroid disorders, so that contradicts his cholesterol excuse.  Methinks you might be right about him!
  • catbill
    catbill Member Posts: 102

I know this sounds crazy, but some years ago when I was in the hospital having a hysterectomy, I was put on the maternity floor.  (Go figure!)  Anyway, my roommate was there for severe nausea & vomiting because she was pregnant.  She was sucking on lemons (I kid you not) and found that it was helping quite a bit.  I have never tried this, and I don't know if it works, but I thought I'd mention it because who knows????  Sometimes crazy things happen.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Did someone say snowball fight?

Snowball Fight! Pictures, Images and Photos"

• Meece
  • Meece
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Meece - You crack me up - love the snowball fights.  I am in deep south Texas - we don't get snow.  Although we did 5 years ago on Christmas day - had two inches.  First time it snowed in 109 years.

I take Zetia for the cholesterol.  Can't take stains - give me a severe case of insomnia after about 3 months.  I don't care who does the testing for liver, etc just as long as it gets done. 

• elimar

Actual footage of Elimar and Meece battling it out.  She said I throw like a girl.

snowball fight!!

• Meece

Well...look at that draw back.  Doesn't look like a guy, does it?

Why didn't you show the video of me beaning you in your scarf covered face?

• elimar

Because that's the "lost footage" only available on  "Director's Cut."

• sheila888

Im having fun watching you.  LOL

• Meece

Well, at least you are admitting it happened.

• elimar

snowball fight

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Too funny - keep it up

• Meece
  • Meece
    Snowman Throwing Snowball Animation Animated Animations gif Pictures, Images and Photos
  • elimar

Tht SPLAT snowman was on my team...he was the instigator from the last page.

Snow ball fight Pictures, Images and Photos

• elimar

Snowman Snowball Fight

My vision is getting blurry.  I must have some snow crystals in my eyes.  I'm getting tired, my feet are wet, and my fingers are frozen...Let's go in for a big mug of hot chocolate.

hot chocolate Pictures, Images and Photos

• Meece

I brought in the big guns...