MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Sorry I have a short memory.  I'll give you that one, Elimar.

• Meece
  • suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Ok, this is all too much snow for me!  Snow inside, snow outside, I can't take it anymore.  I need some cheetos!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Bed time for me

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
  • Meece
    G'Nite Pictures, Images and Photos
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Big smiles before bedtime!  Thanks girls!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

WOW! That was some snowball fight! I'm glad I was ducking for cover!

Catbill - thanks for the lemon tip for nausea. I'll try ANYTHING for nausea! I hear they're good for your liver, too, so why not give it a shot?

Good night, ladies!  

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143
    cat--- i forgot about that     i figgered i was in ob-gyn dept in general,   then again i am in a small town, 80 bed hsop for all ailments.....but i do remember feeling like this was a cruel joke.  they were shooting out abiews and i was haveing all my parts taken away.   guess that was only the beg of llosing parts eh?  whatcha ganna do?  i am on countdown hee hee...lets see what part comes out or off next!  Wink
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    i remember, years ago, i lost a baby, and they put me in a room with a woman who just had an abortion, and they were celebrating!! i asked to be put in another room, and they said none were available. so, i had someone move a recliner out near the nurses station.. they found one, alright, on another floor... no brains, eh?     3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    Elimar: i hadn't noticed till yousaid it, that the ribbon is cheetos orange! yeah!! that was some snowball fight, ladies. thoroughly enjoyed it, like i do all things snow...from far away  LOLi know what you mean about the freezer section, Barbre; between my neuropathy, and phantom feelings, i just let husband get ice creaM ETC.. Heartn soul; the video was great.. must be a big church, eh?      3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    DD_CIJ07_Snowballfight.gif image by nanny610nite ladies
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Meece and Eli, you crack me up. I was hiding behind the curtains in my nice warm house.

• Meece

3jays.  When I lost my daughter during selivery they also put me in the ob ward.  Small town hospital, but so cruel to hear the babies crying and people getting visitors oohing and awing over the babies and my arms were empty.  I was at least put in a private room.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826

Love the snowball fight.  How do you do that?  I'm not really computer savy but willing to learn.  I'm sorry you had to endure the thoughtless behavior of hospitals.  Unfortunately, it's a job and a business to most people.  As patients that is difficult to understand.  I believe we do the best we can with what we have. 

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year dear friends.

Maureen

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Have to do some preliminary baking for the Christmas meal today.  Stopping in to put some packages under the tree first.  Got a little something for each of you...

Presents

And, as promised, something special for Meece ('cause she is so shameless in her flattery and so deadly in her snowball aim!!!)

Lighted Christmas Package

NO PEEKING, Meece!  You can open it on Christmas and show everyone what I got you.

• Meece

I wouldn't dare open it because it looks "rigged"  Will the electricity be disconnected on Christmas?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

When I was in for a week with my newly diagnosed kidney disease last year I was on the maternity ward too. It's the floor where they have to have extra beds and staff on call as they can't anticipate the numbers. I mentioned that the crying bothered me cause I wanted to pick up the babies and calm them. A nurse gave me a whole different viewpoint. She absolutely glowed when she told me that she loved to hear them "talking" and announcing themselves, ready to be heard. Put a different spin on it....

{{{{{{{{{{{ Meece }}}}}}}}}}}}}

• jo1955
  • faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

LOVED coming in to see the snowball fight that I missed.

It reminded me of the ol' BCO Friday night food-fights in the chatroom function here. Don't think anyone on this thread goes that far back. They were so hilarious. I'll never forget the first time I 'experienced' one as a newbie. It took me completely by surprise. Then I really began looking forward to them.

Marlegal will remember..... and testify to the hilarity factor.

Speaking of hilarious, where are you Kleenex? Seems like I'm distinctly behind on chapters of the holidays as viewed from your vantage point.

Isn't it a joy to find kindred hearts here amongst folks, the vast majority of whom you've never met, offering you support thru your challenging times?

A snowball fight. A Friday night foodfight. There are times when it's just so delightful to have an original distraction from all things BC related. I think it was the food-fight concept when I knew that I'd found-a-home.

To all the newbies just joining, hang in there. It does get better. Know that you are in good company here. Whatever you're experiencing is spot on...... and others here have tred the experience & the emotions you now know. One day you'll be holding the hand of someone new who is in the vice grip that you are experiencing now.

Snowball on................

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

We are officially on our first day of being non-Ohio residents. Today is the first day of our move to FL as snowbirds for the winter-half(s) ahead. Heading to GA first for a four generation Christmas with all of the trimmings: Martha Stewart competition, sibbling rivalry, and all the other mayhem of bringing six family groups together..... for three days.

I just hope and pray that the grand-children don't crash into their great grand parents. The 2.5 year old twinzie-fellow thinks he's a football player & without the slightest warning runs full speed at ya and attempts to tackle -- even his six foot four father has been blind sighted. I will be assigned to monitor his antics...... so I will be exhausted. LOL.

Family fun. So thrilled to have the opportunity to create such mayhem.

PauldingMom, know that we are all cheering for you, sending all sorts of prayers for your strength and recovery from your recent treatments.

****Oh and a happy dance for you E......over the delightful bone news. So happy for you.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Girls, Had a brief PM with Kleenex-she's had computer troubles, etc., but will be back on soon, if I remember correctly.

Also had a brief real-time live chat with Lisa (PauldingMom) yesterday.  She sounds weak, but she's home and ready for Christmas to come to her. Yeah!

I don't have to work the 2nd job anymore.......until Sunday night....they haven't laid me off yet! Sheesh!  I know I'm a good worker, but heck fire, this was supposed to be a seasonal job!  The Good Lord is looking out for me I guess; he knows I need the extra $$, but I need the extra sleep too! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!   

I plan to come in tomorrow sometime so will hold onto my Christmas wishes till then.

Have a good Eve of Christmas Eve day! 

• barbaraa

Hey gals, it's Christmas Eve down under so here's a big MERRY CHRISTMAS to Chrissy, Rae and all our down under gals!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826

Meece and all CA girls:  Watching weather and hoping you are far away from the mudslides and flooding.  Keeping you in my prayers you are safe. 

M

• jo1955

This is my idea of Christmas - anyone interested in joining me?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

jo--I'm with you!  I would much rather be swimming than shoveling snow! 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

That looks good right about now!

• barbaraa

I could go for that, too. It is around 68 now, not beach weather unless you are a polar bear. (Or someone from north of the Mason/Dixon line).

• jo1955

It is slow at work - can't you tell?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Barbara--is the air temp 68 or the water temp?  As long as the water is at least 60, I'm for swimming! And yes, I am a bit north of the Mason/Dixon line--this is the kind of swimming we get up here (and no, I don't!)

• barbaraa

OMG, NM, NFW!! Hope you get those acronyms but I do NOT go in the water unless it is warmer than 85. Period.