MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

PauldingMom - Hope the docs can figure out what is wrong with you quickly and get you back on the road to recovery.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{{{{PM}}}}}}}} Missed you and Happy Holidays to you! Sending up more prayers for peace and healing for you!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lisa}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I was worried about Christmas Day.

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495

Lisa - great to hear from you. Hope they sort out the problem soon. Ladies on the July chemo thread ask about you and send good wishes and hugs.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

It's good to hear from you Lisa.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.  Happy New Year to you.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    PMom, soooo good to see a post from you.  Hugs and prayers for the healing to begin in earnest now.  Happy New Year hon.
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

((((P Mom)))) Hugs and prayers

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Lisa!! Praying that the doctors get their ass in gear!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

(((((((((((((((((♥LISA♥))))))))))))))))

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Glad to hear from you PM!  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.  Its about time you got some answers!

• jo1955

(((((((((((((((((LISA))))))))))))))))))))))

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hi P-Mom!  We'll definitely have some positive Mid-Age vibes coming your way this Thursday, when you have your two procedures done.  Hoping the doctors can figure you out quick so you can...

Feel Better Soon

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

((((((((((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))))))))))

It's just absolutely wonderful to hear from you. I'm joining the others with prayers, encouragement, vibes of all sort for the healing to be genuine & the answers to be forthcoming. Sending prayers to your doctoring team for their insight & clarification -- that they have brilliant ideas for your road to strength.

Lisa, know that we are all here gathered together, wishing you well, wishing you courage, wishing you joy -- even in the midst of the heartache and set-backs. We are surrounding you with our middie 'bounce-back' attitude......... in the face of it all.

xx00xx00xx00xx

Strength and courage.

Strength and courage.

Strength and courage.

And yet more for anyone in need: the newly treatment completed, in the transition to the 'new normal' and those just beginning the crazy tilt-o-whirl ride -- remaining and gaining our unique personalities in the face of a foe.

To all those who hang around to keep one another company & offer support to the newbies, may you have an astounding New Year celebration and an awesome year ahead.

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

• jo1955

Okay! Got a question.  I am almost 4 weeks post rads and still have extreme fatigue.  Not on any hormonal therapy right now.  Should I still feel really exhausted?  It is driving me crazy, tired all the time.  Don't know what to do.  Naps help some but I am working a full time job and can't do them during the week.

Anybody else experience this after rads? 

Any advice? 

• cmf
    cmf Member Posts: 4

Paula,

It is YOUR cancer and YOUR decision.  ANd your family and friends should support your decision.

• cmf
    cmf Member Posts: 4

JO1955,

Maybe you could ask your doc if you could take vitamins, maybe you are worn down physically and they would help.

• jo1955

cmf - I already take a "senior" multi vitamin along with a slew of other pills.  Maybe an iron deficiency?  Who knows.  But will definitely ask my onc about it.  I do feel worn down physically - can't be worn done mentally - my brain went on vacation a long time ago and has even written.  LOL

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Well all tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for.  I am a bit nervous, but I know I will be fine.  I have a family who is very supportive and a sister who has been through this as well.  Thanks all!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo I read somewhere on BCO that your fatigue can last up to 6 wks after ending rads.  Also when you talk to your onc maybe they need to check your white count.  If that is low I think that can cause fatigue as well.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I think it would be low red blood cells, moreso than white, that would cause fatigue BUT depending on how healthy and vigorous you were before beginning rads, it can take 4 weeks OR MORE to bounce all the way back.  The first week or two AFTER rads, many women experience worse fatigue because the rads have reached their maximum dosage and have built up in the tissues.

Anyway, hang in there, jo1955, it will get better.  I can't remember if I have already mentioned getting some extra protien, but the body needs that to rebuild all the healthy tissue that was damaged.  You need some extra fuel for repair right now, and if you aren't getting it that could cause a tired feeling too.

Paula66, Will be thinking of you tomorrow too, undergoing your BiMx, and hoping it all goes smoothly.  Please let us know how it goes for you.  So many on here have gone through it, so if you are feeling something (or not feeling something) or have questions about the healing process, there area good number of knowledgeable ladies here to help.  Good Luck tomorrow!

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143
    JO   maybe i should till other speak, but myi can tell you my experience.  not w/breast but i did have a cupla surgeries for cancer in my brain.  i had 6 wk, 5 days a wkand did have ognozious weakness.  in my case i did regain strength BUT after 25 years i still get recurrent bout of WOOPS! where;d my legs go?  probly everybody will suggest excercis...like 20 uninterrupted ata time.....helps witg getting blood to circulate more regulary, and encorphins for mental health.  silly me, didnt knowi was sick, and walek the 2 miles up and down the hill to my house, took buses to the hosp.  i think that denial was a great gift.  so, my story is that excercise...especially when you feel like you cant ecen lift a piece of paper is very helpful.  again, i cant speak for others and certainly a rads for BC, but this what i know
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Jo, I clearly remember after rads ended I was still working from home and one day - weeks later - I had to email my coworkers and say I was taking the rest of the day - I just had to go up to bed and crawl under the covers because I was just so exhausted.  So yes, the effects of rads can last weeks after you finish.  But you will slowly feel stronger, a little at a time.  Exercise is great if you can talk yourself into it ... personally, that didn't work for me until much later, but I can't say I really tried either.  Hugs sweetie ... you'll be okay soon :)
  • phew
    phew Member Posts: 143
    oh! marlegal---you just reminded me.....another moment of arrogance!! my how we love to forget thigs!  just befor my surgery a pt  suggested i exercise to lesson the effect of radiation.  i kinda took it to extremes...i started w/a aerobic circuit and then moved myself to wieght lifting.  altho that is treat for the hear and bone density and muscle strenght, it is hard and requires way alot of commitment.  i was blessed with supportive friens who worked out with me. so, yeah, exxercise is the best way.  after one of my other cancers, i was physically and emotionally inahialted.  so, a workout was so far out the question that jupiter is closer.  not for my own strength but because i didnt wasnt others to think less of me...totally ego driven.  i guess the bottom line tho is the best measure.  i was only able to walk past three houses and hope that i copuld make it back home (didnt at first   had to stop and rest) TRULY i tleft the house and walked the distance of 1 house each week ...the end of the block till several miles now.  this may sound trite but it worked so well for....hm wonder if i could bottle it?   again, funny how we choose to forget things we know.
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

just catchin up, you gals.. welcome back RAIN missed ya

3jays

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{{{{3JAYS}}}}}} Missed you! Jo, you may have a vitamin B deficiency. I did and once I cleared that up, I was good to go. Paula, best wishes for you today!

• Meece

I think I was in denial during tx, too.  I played tennis some and did my regular scedule including work,  I missed 2 days of work.  One for surgery and one for a bout of nausea.  I had too much responisibility to let it get me.  Some of the time after chemo I would come home from work after an hour commute, crawl into bed and stay there til morning.  It could have been during and after rads, too.   It all blurs together.

• jo1955

Paula66 - Will be thinking of you today.  Wishing for a speedy recovery.

Thanks ladies for all the tips.  I am supposed to see me onc next week and will ask him what he thinks.  I am glad to know I am not going crazy and that the fatigue could linger for awhile.  I can work with that.  My job is so hectic right now. I am a manager in a "snowbird" RV resort and when everyone gets here, I have about 700 people to deal with.  They keep me so busy, I consider that my exercise program.

I do have a great boss and have the luxury of taking time for naps if I need them.  He is still amazed that I have worked through this whole process.  Took one week off after surgery but have been at it ever since.   I think I just want to stick to my regular schedule as much as possible - it kept my mind off BC.

Thanks everyone for your support. 

• Meece
    Paula66, best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
  • Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826

Good luck Paula

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Just read post! Thinking of all of you!  {{{HUGS}}}

Hope you all had a Blessed Christmas!

{{{{Paula}}}} Thinking of you & Praying for a fast recovery!

{{{Lisa}}} Good hearing form you, keep us posted when you can!