MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I ate anything and everything. Some stuff had a metalic taste but I started using plastic silverware and that seemed to help some. Good luck.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    phew, about what to eat ... when you watch tv shows, does anything the characters eat look good to you?  think out of your normal comfort zone of eating ... i ate lots of chicken caesar salad, which i never ate before tgreatment ... but it tasted good to me, so i ate a lot of it.  one day, i was driving home and called hub ... asked him to go get ham and make me a ham, lettuce and mayo sandwich on white toast - it just came to me out of blue.  bottom line, forget what you used to like - if something comes into your head and you think you might like, buy it and eat it! above all, don't forget to drink more water than you ever thought possible, then drink another glass.  this flushes chemo through and gets your body back to its natural balance sooner.  hugs and good luck
  • phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

meece  nope no chemo, just no desire anything that anybody else can thing of  ....BUT!  i love your method of eat no food during the bad time, so as to not assocuate

every dieters dreamh!  lotsa stuff sounds good till it is in front of me and i hae to put inside.   my gf has prepared oh so many options, cut them into single portions, left them user ready and in order and she woud color code them if that would make me eat.  oy!  a girl needs more than ensure.  poor pitiful meCry

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    phew - Perhaps it is time to talk to your onc and see what is going  on.  You gotta eat to keep the  strength up.  Having to drink Ensure really sucks.
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

phew-how good old-fashioned Campbell's chicken noodle or tomato soup with crushed up saltines? HMMM!  Sounds good----BRB!

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

eph   tried it:  another yuck   even  hommade!   tried the salty thing....nope      all the things i DID like are thrown to the curb    yeah, JO guess its the md route     wanted a majivc answer here, that many have been yhru that part adn then......well, as our heroine rides off into the sunset, her trusty cats eating what she didnt kl opety klop   kl opety klop        kl opety klop  kl opety klop

~ ~Nancy Carol 

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    good to hear all you ladies again. got a bandaid on my computer. hope new ones' up 2 morrow..REGINA WHAT.. a bootiful angel! {{{{paula}}} for your surgery..     3jays
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

phew--talk to the social worker at the center where you get treatment.  The staff there is supposed to be monitoring for things like this and can connect you with a lot of resources and help. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Rice pudding got me through some weird times.... has to be canned in tin not plastic! The more expensive stuff, but it's worth it. Easy to eat and digest and not too long in the mouth.

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Wishing all My  Pink pals!  A Healthy & Happy 2011!

Thinking of all of you & prayers for a Healthy Year for all of us!

{{{hugs}} Gina

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Happy and Healthy New Year

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    phew, if nothing you can think of has worked to get your appetite back, nor the tips from the gals here...it pains me to say it but ask the doc for some drugs.  Nausea and lack of appetite are both something that is chemically manageable, that there is a wealth of drugs for, so there is no need to suffer or waste away.  Besides, you don't want obese kitties, do you?
  • Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

As I was occupied with some urgent work I was unable to join with you all since 4/5 days. I wish you all the best and prosperous Happy New Year. Well! I will be going tomoro for my folow up treatment. Again I will miss u all for about a period of 5 days. Anyways  how everyone celebrating  for the New Year?  We have a farewill party  now. My daughter is cooking and I am waiting  to let her finish up all the preparation  in a nice  way.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Raj, we have missed you! And will miss you again. 

We are staying home, but will have lot's of treats to eat, and leftovers for days.  DS is working so he will stop by if he gets off work early enough.

Anyone make a traditional New Year's meal on New Year's Day?  I make Corned Beef, Cabbage, Red Potatoes, and Black Eyed Peas.  Although I am not superstitous  I love the idea of the tradition of "good luck" foods.

• Raj20

Meece you are right! this time  my check up and  year is collided. However, I will cook my favorite dishes when I come back and will definitely share with you all.

• jo1955

Raj - Missed you!  Can't wait till you get back.

We will be going to a party in the RV park where we live and work.  Will stay off the roads and enjoy ourselves.  Don't know if I will make to midnight - still battling the rad fatigue but I am gonna try my best. 

• racemom
    racemom Member Posts: 2

This looks like a great thread - cause I really do not want to be called a "Senior" yet!  Had my mastectomy 3 weeks ago, no chemo and have an appointment witht the radiation onocologist on 1/10.  My tumor was large - so that's why the radiation.  I also will be starting the hormone therapy and I'm a little concerned about that after reading the article about it raising the risk of heart problems.  Geez - we don't need any more to be concerned about.  But I am very thankful that the surgery is over - still a little sore and I have a little fluid still sloshing around above the incision, but all in all, feel fine.  Hope everyone has a HEALTHY New Year - I'm just going to relax tonite!

Diagnosis: 10/19/2010, ILC, 5+cm, Grade 2, 0/1 node, ER+PR+, HER2-, Onco 19

• Raj20

My new year time  is  two  hours countdown  from now onwards. Everyone  is screaminig and making lot of noice waiting for the time of new year. My grandaughter is dancing but  I am anxoius  to  eport to my doctor on 3rd Jan,2011.

• Meece

Welcome to the "Middies", racemom.  Definitely a good idea for you to take it easy tonight.  Thanks for joining our group.

• jo1955
    Racemom - Welcome!  Glad you decided to join us but hate to have to see you here.  Wishes for a speedy recovery.  Do you know which 5 year pill you will be taking?
  • Raj20

racemom! you are most welcome in this  thread. Take rest  now. We will pray for your fast recovery. If you feel okay, then try to be  here atleast  for some time then, you will be able to get lot of relief amongst the group members as they are so  supportive and friendly. Whenever, you have a  question about your treatment.. you see  each and everyone  will come out  with  valuable ideas  which will enhance your life to great extend.

• jo1955
  • Raj20

Yeah! jo1955!  it was really hectic for me as I was  totally confined in the office. That was  great achievement for me.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

To All the Middies.

• Raj20
     seaon,s greeting to you all.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Meece we are staying home but my traditional New Years Day meal is ham, fried cabbage and black eyed peas.  DH has recovered from sinus infectin and today came down with a 24 hour (i hope) virus.  Sure hope I don't get it. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Years!!!

• Meece

That's a bummer.  DH is jsut being grouchy today.  I am going in to sew.  he won't venture there.

• racemom
    racemom Member Posts: 2

Jo1955:  I don't know what pill I will take yet - but 13 years ago I had a lumpectomy on my other breast (totally different kind of cancer - IDC - microcalcifications) and then I had a lumpectomy and tamoxifen.  I had been taking it for 3 years and my uterine lining got pretty thick, so my Dr at the time took me off - so I won't take tamoxifen again, and I'm post menopausal now so I guess that makes a difference. Strange, isn't it - the tamoxifen worked great for a reoccurrence of the IDC but evidently had no effect on preventing the ILC in the other breast 13 years later!  This disease is so unpredictable.

Diagnosis: 10/19/2010, ILC, 5+cm, Grade 2, 0/1 node, ER+PR+, Her2-, Onco 19

• Meece

My Onc's NP, says that once you get past a certain point post BC, you are back in the running for any BC as 1 in 8 women.  I hate to think about that.  Not that I think I am better than anyone, but I don't want to be a hog, it's someone else's turn.

• jo1955

racemom- My next pill is Tamoxifen. And I say that because I have already tried Arimidex and Femara.  Those for me are some nasty pills.  The nausea was so bad I thought I was gonna die.  Have an appt with my onc on Wed to get the script.  Went off Femara two weeks ago and decided after four straight months of some kind of treatment and numerous drs appts, I would give my body an much needed rest - then start the Tamox.

Yes, BC is so unpredictable and it is the gift that keeps on giving.  Have asked for a refund but can't get one. LOL

Meece - I agree with you.  I have had my turn.