Thanks Meece.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

You are welcome.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Good Morning Ladies. Healthy 2011 for all of us.♥

((((LISA))))

If someone can give me directions how to get to PM Carepage I appreciate it.

Thank You

• Meece

I have sent a friend request to her daughter, I suppose I will have to be accepted to get to that page, Seyla.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Thanks Meece. I did the same just now.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

P-Mom, Nice to hear from you in the New Year!   I should let you know that I am still resisting Facebook.  Never say never, but I am saying not now to it and maybe not later either.  So, it's not for lack of concern that I won't be checking in there.  Maybe some other Middies will share your updates on here, but hopefully you will pop in now and then yourself.

Right now I am waiting for brazos to check in, 'cause I wanna hear about her rockin' New Year's Eve.

New Year's Baby Pictures, Images and Photos

It's been interesting reading about regional meals prepared on this day (or just family traditions.)  Our family always makes a turkey, because it has been a long enough interval from having it on Thanksgiving.  (Christmas would be too soon again...that's why we never roast a bird on that day.)   I'll just roast some winter veggies to go along with it.  My husband is baking an apple pie.  That's a big enough production, because I am always busy on Jan. 1 taking down the Xmas tree.   I, for one, will not be watching any football, but I am aware a lot of that goes on  Hope we get to find out about what the New Year's Day tradition is in NZ, and also Canada. 

• Meece

Elimar, I only went on FaceBook because it was THE ONLY way to sign up for something locally.  I keep the account open jsut for these instances where I am directed to see someone's pictures or in this case to follow up with someone.  I am still resisting it.

• JMW
    JMW Member Posts: 33

I had one reply to my question about the implants. The woman told me that yes she got capsular contracture  from the radiation. Waited 3 years to get it replace but medical payed for a large amount of it.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Meece - Been spending the day working on the new quilt pattern.  Loving how fast it is going together.  Have two complete rows together and getting ready to start a 3rd. This is exciting.
  • Meece

Jo, so glad for you.  Yesterday I ventured to put my log cabin under machine quilting, but after three rows, I didn't like it, and will take the seams out and rethink it.

I am plotting how to make the monkey wrench quilt using a strip method for cutting.

• jo1955

Meece - I have done that - sewn some rows and then ripped them out because I did not like it.  That is one good thing about doing your own designs - you can change your mind and do something different.

I am already trying to decide what design I am going to hand quilt on the big and small squares.  Have several stencils I could use and if I don't like any of those, I can always to buy some more or order them online.  I have plenty of time before I get to that step. 

• Meece

I need to make some more wall quilts so I can practice.  Smaller is much easier than a queen sized quilt.

• jo1955

I have a quilt wall I ordered out of one of my quilt magazines.  It is so great.  As I am doing this quilt, I am putting the pieces there so I can look at it as I go.  I can't remember how much it was but I know it was less than $50 and well worth the money.

• Meece

Oh, that sounds interesting.  I have a few magazines and will look through them.

• Meece
    My Log Cabin in progress.PhotobucketDiagnosis: 11/27/2003, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-
  • Meece

Sorry, on my computer the ad to the right takes over thepic.

• jo1955

Meece - That is beautiful - you do such amazing work.  If you can't find the quilt wall, let me know and I will send you the info.  You may be able to get it locally.  I had to order my on the internet.

• Meece

I have a quilt shop about 10 miles from here but they are expensive!

• jo1955

Meece - If they have one, check the price and let me know.  I most likely can find you a less expensive one that will work just as well - or maybe the same thing and they are charging too much for it.

• elimar

Meece, your quilts are just lovely. 

I had an idea, long ago, to cut pieces from my boys toddler wear (like where the knees were out and no one else would want them) and make a memory quite of their little outfits.  I think the pieces might still be in the closet.  That's how I found out I was not a quilter.  Tongue out

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Meece - what a beautiful quilt! I could never, never do that! A friend of mine quilts, and she has material all over the place. I may not sew, but I do love material!

elimar - I had a similar plan with my boy's toddler clothes. They were such cute outfits! So I saved my favorites - somewhere - and I planned to use them to frame photos or some such idea.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Meece I second all the compliments on your quilt, just beautiful! I am talentless when it comes to anything involving thread. I can crochet (badly but no one can really tell unless they are a pro).

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Hey Everyone!!  The last time I "lurked" this thread was on page 215 (will go back and read to see what has been happening!).  Just wanted to wish Everyone a Very Happy, Healthy 2011!!! 

Now I have to go back and see what has been happening!!  I have missed so many parties and discussions!!!  Cry  However, I will now try to catch up.......I will Lurk On!!

• elimar
    Nice of you to make your presence known on New Year's Day, fmakj!  :-)   Another appropriate holiday would be Groundhog's Day (Feb. 2) when, personally, I feel all Lurkers should come out of their burrows and we could see if they had shadows and whether Winter would be another six weeks or not.  Mark your calendars NOW, Lurkers!!!
  • Meece

Do we each post ourselve at the opening of a burrow and call out when we see one?

I too thought how great it would be to make a quilt of the kid's tee shirts.  I have a lot cut out, but never did anything with them.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Okay! Okay! I'll admit it! I used to OWN a quilt store!!!! But I normally only did wall art quilts. I have won from Best of Show to Viewers Favourite. I LOVE ribbons!!! I had to prove to my customers that I could do a normal quilt so I did a king size that fell to the floor on all three sides. I made up the pattern. It was done out of flannel in rich purples, golds and creams. There, now I've outed myself. I have a craft room that looks like a store!

• Meece

Ooh, now we know your dirty little secret, Barbe!

• Meece

Jo1955 is the quilt wall made of something like "Wonder-Under"?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

You can make a quilt wall from batting. Not the fluffy stuff, the firm stuff. Fabric sticks to it beautiful and you can pin into it as well.

My store was called Sewin' Love and was in Aurora Ontario. I had it from 1998 until 2003.

• Meece

That's what I was wondering.  I have 10' high ceiling in my sewing room, and could cover a large area with the batting.

After I finish the quilt for Baby-Boo, my next project is a cathedral window quilt, no batting necessary.