MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Bon voyage - BarbA!! We want to see pics when you get back.

Welcome - NotAfraid - This is a good bunch to hang around with.  Sorry to hear this is the second go around for you - how frustrating!

leisaparis - You go girl!  I'm with you - you can't take the money with you when you go - might as well go out and have a good time.  We went to Branson last summer before my BC dx and had a great time.  It was the first time there - interesting place.  This year in April - for my birthday - we are going on a 7 day cruise.  Been saving money for a year.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

The trouble with cruses is that my DH doen't want to go.  My goal is Alaska, maybe I'll start saving now and surpise him next year.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I plan to get to Alaska (cruise) someday also, after I visit two other states in the continental U.S.  Besides that cruise to complete my mission to visit all 50 states, I would like a warm, sunny Caribbean cruise even more.  

• walker2222

My DH is not a sun person, he would rather go hike in the mountains than lay on or be near water or the beach.

• elimar

Mine likes both, but not in cruise format.  Hopefully he'll get over it!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    mjbmiller- if I ever have 2 nickels to rub together again, I'll go with you.  I LOVE cruising!
  • jo1955

I am fortunate - my DH loves cruising as much as I do.  Heck, I think he likes it more.  When I find a good deal he does not hesitate to let me book it.  Our next one is scheduled for April 17, 2011.  Looking forward to it.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I would love to go on a cruise but my DH does not think he would like it.  He loves to travel.  I would really like to go on an Alaskan cruise.  Kids live in Seattle so would be fun to meet up with them and go.  But oh forgot I got medical bills to pay off.  Oh well one of these days if I can just talk DH into it.

• walker2222

Sherryc - maybe we should go on a cruse together with our DH's.  If they get bored, they can hang out together while we are at the spa.

• Sherryc

mjbmiller that sounds like great fun!!!

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

DH and I did the cruise to Alaska for our honeymoon 7 yrs ago.  It was wonderful but will be a long time before we can afford that again!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

Ditto that, we wanted to go on an Alaska cruise for our 25th this year, but instead I had a mastectomy! I guess I'm ok with that.

• jo1955

Here is a suggestion - maybe we should leave all the DHs at home and do an all girls cruise? 

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Hi everyone,

We took the Alaska Cruise last summer, still surprised because my Dh booked it last minute when other plans did not work out and I had him on the no cruise list. I still would not call cruising his favorite but it is probably the best way to do Alaska for the first time since it is so big and not easily done by car, our typical mode. Try and add on the trip to Denali if possible. Even in fog it was worth it. It definitely takes some saving to do it, there are so many amazing excursions to do. Elimar what a great way to cap off your accomplishment of seeing all 50 states. We are trying for all the National Parks and have many more to go!

Leisaparis you rock!

Notafraid welcome and keep us posted, hope you get your news fast and that you can add on that tummy tuck...love your attitude,

Hugs to all.

Jean

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Morning gals! Having brunch with our Faithie and 3 others today. Should be a laugh riot. I will post pics upon return.

Two more nights of starving myself and OFF I GO! Maybe I should have bought dresses one size bigger?

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Enjoy your brunch I wish I was there.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Have fun, but friends and brunch usually mean you lose track of how much you are eating.  Do you have a corsette packed? Wink
  • suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Have a nice time at the brunch ladies.  Barbara - enjoy that cruise.  Sounds wonderful. 

DH and I and another couple are off to an all inclusive, adults only resort in the Dominican Republic on Monday.  Need sunshine desparately and warmth!  We can't afford it easily either (like some have mentioned) but after the BC diagnosis and treatment, we decided life is too short so our goal is to fanagle a way to go to a warm climate every January.

One year we'll do that Alaska cruise!

Can't wait for the pictures of the brunch.

• Sherryc

Jo I love the all girls cruise idea

Barbara-have a great time on your cruise

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Thanks, gals. Can't wait until Saturday! Here is a pic that came out pretty blurry but Faith has good ones and will post them.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    Looks like sooo much fun, wish I was there Cool
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

You girls look like your having a blast.  Finding new friendships thru this cancer is one of the few positives that come thru it.  ENJOY!!!!!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

An alaskan cruise sounds fun. Looks like you all had a good time at lunch. Have a good day everyone.

• walker2222

Met a BC sister at my RO office this week and found out we live in the same town.  Exchanging numbers.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    (I'm eating Cheetos at my desk!)Cool
  • jo1955

Eph - Sounds good - I'm hungry

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Here's another view of the quintet.

This one outside -- following our eating fest. What delightful fun:

From left Middies BarbaraA, then choca (from the BCO chat line) Silka (also BCO chatter) then moi/Faithie and then TerryCarolyn (another BCO chatter.) The three chatters and I go way-back in chat-land years -- nearly four years now..... though this is the first I've ever met Silka, she lives in Indianapolis area, but is staying with Choca for a couple months of sun.

Barbara is of course psyched about her cruise and I feel so fortunate that we were all able to get together before her departure.

****Yes, new friends, across the country is the one benefit of being a card carrying member.

• Sherryc

faithandfifty what a great picture.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Great pic, Faithie.  One day...

I thought I would let you know that I spoke with PM today.  She is on the trial drug and will be starting on Tuesday!  Whoppee!!!!

• elimar

Faith & BarbA, Wow!  That is one sunny pic, and I am NOT talking about the weather.  Looks like you had a fun visit for lunch   Paula66 is so right...who'd a thunk that you could make so many new friends from getting dumb ol' B/C?

Meece, what is the name of P-Mom's trial drug (in case I want to look it up?)  Good for her!!!  Be sure to keep us updated on how she does on that.