MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I will have to ask her.  She was pretty tired, and we didn't talk long.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Love the picture Faith and Barbara!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

We had a blast.

(((HUGS)))) for PM.

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

great pic!!  It's so nice that some of you could get together.  And it's hard to believe it's warm enough anywhere in this country to go without a jacket!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

TMarina - I hate to tell you I did not have a jacket on today. Had perfect weather.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

looks like it was fun, sunny and worm.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

jo....Burasi soguk ve kar gelecekWink

(((HUGS)))

• Meece

How long do they expect that to continue, Seyla?

• sheila888

Yarin sabaha kadar Meece.

Wink

• jo1955

Sheila - cok soguk yarin buradaSurprised

(((HUGS))) 

• sheila888
    jo...Kac derece olacak?
  • Meece

Seyla & Jo, umarım o zaman güzel bir hafta sonu olacak

• sheila888

I hope so Meece but Monday night will be 6 degree. The weekend Im not sure.

You are becoming a very fancy writerLaughing

• jo1955

sheila -  iceride elli  (hope that is right)

• Meece

50 degrees is cold?

• sheila888

50 inside?

Why so low?

• jo1955

sheila - dis

• sheila888

OOH outside

• jo1955

Sheila - I will be in multiple layers.  I have lived in deep South Texas for so long that anything below 70 is cold plus I stay much colder since finishing rads.  Bummer.

• Meece

I have found that if I am cold during the day, if I start exercising, I warm up really quick.

• sheila888

I always lived in NY but anything under 70 is chilly for me too.

I like to be warm, Inside is almost 74 degree now.

• Meece

I have found that if I am cold during the day, if I start exercising, I warm up really quick.

• sheila888
    SORRY ElimarWink
  • Meece

Ooh, we talked about weather!!! I'm telling!!!

• sheila888

Sealed

• jo1955
    Tongue out
  • sheila888
    GOOD NIGHT♥
  • jo1955

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Lightning

Oh Jo, Meece and Seyla are so devious!  They sucked you into the weather talk and now are just sitting back waiting for the fun to begin.  Unbeknowst to you, and most newbies of the last year, I tried my best to direct people AWAY from what I call "weather reports."  Why?

One theory is that I am jealous.  That I live in a place that doesn't even HAVE weather, but let me assure you that I do.  The kind that knocks out the power in a house for 8 days.  The kind where straight line winds and hail get you a new roof paid for by insurance money (thank you very much!)  If those type things happen again, you might see me bring it up.  However, if it's pleasant and 75 degrees, I won't go there.

The thing is, all it takes is one person mentioning their snowstorm, and we're off to the races.  Everyone else wants to chime in and jump on the weather bandwagon.  Well, let me guess, it's going to be sunny and warm somewhere; cold and frosty elsewhere, etc.  Pretty soon I am wondering why I even need the weather channel in my cable package.  You don't want me to feel like I am squandering my hard earned money, do you?  Not in today's economy.

Oh, I get it.  Since weather is something everyone has, it is the perfect vehicle for small talk.  Well, I'm stupid enough to have thought that we already had several other conversational common denominators, like say B/C, or our Middle Age, or woman stuff, or family members that are cute/funny/wayward/canine, and so on.  So, do we really need weather?  I don't think so.

BC.org history buffs might remember that the initial weather talk on this thread generated a spin off over a year ago when Meece basically said, "Fine, I'll just take my weather elsewhere!"  Thus was born the Baby, It's Cold Outside thread.  She is so impulsive that way.  I can say that because I chuckled at that title every day during June, July and Aug., knowing we get stuck with whatever titles we choose in the moment.  (Oh, how I know that!)   

So is there an official BAN on weather hereNo, of course not.  That would be ridiculous.  Let's just say that I would welcome and encourage so, so many other topics over the subject of weather.  If a little weather is sprinkled in (like by an unassuming Newbie, or say, a mudslide takes out your house, or a sudden downpour leaves you with soggy Cheetos) it's no big deal.  But as for the daily weather reports around the nation...I just think we have plenty else to write about.

(BTW, this is not directed at Jo55.  She was just a springboard for me to reinforce my dogma about the weather.  Also, Meece, you owe me for plugging your weather thread.  Also, this is not a bona-fide rant...just my two cents worth.  I think I might have wrote a nickel's worth; keep the change.)

• jo1955
    elimar - That was a dollar's worth but that is okay.  I just can't help myself throwing in the fact that we have warm weather compared to a lot of other parts of the country this time of year - OPS! I said that word again  - sorry.  Don't even remember how I got started on the topic.