MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

Valjean, yes, I enjoy taking photos, and I think they make a blog more fun to read--and write. Thanks for visiting!

Susan

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

NM...I would have gone with you if I still lived in Maine.

My only suggestion if it's not too late might be to take a journalist along with you. I'll be honest, we don't love this type of story in general, but we do love rights to records stories, breast cancer is common, and you seem sane.

Good Luck!!!

Hope the advice is not too late.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    dawney - We always go on Carnival out of Galveston.  Our next trip is in mid April for 7 days.  We drive to Galveston which is 7 hours away.  We usually leave here the day before and get a hotel overnight.  We like to get to the terminal early and get checked in that way we get our luggage earlier.  I like to be unpacked before the ship sails.  That way I don't have to worry about it and the fun can really start.
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

All the prayers and good vibes, worked, ladies! The hearing has been postponed, to be rescheduled so I can attend.  I'm waiting for the consumer rep to call me back with the details.  I dug out the old letter and I can't take a lawyer to a Medical Board hearing, only the doc being investigated can do that.  I did call Lasagna Man, he was in the middle of a double shift nights/days and already at work but he let me rant and rave for a while, then reminded me of several other freinds that would drop everything to go with me if at all possible.  I am going to get my say after all, AND I ruined idiot Rad Onc doc's day, since he had to take the day off to go and then it didn't happen! (Am I sounding just a bit pleased/smug about that little bit of inconvenience?)  I am going to look into the journalist/media option, too.  Its time this wonderful, state-of-the-art center built at significant cost to the taxpayers is outed.  

Thank you for the support, ladies, and all the good ideas and the push to keep moving ahead.  I was just so blindsided by having this pop up after more than 6 months of silence, that I didn't cope very effectively as far as getting my needs met. I'm also hoping this little contretemp will earn me some sympathy from the Medical Board.   I definately keep you all up to date on developments!  

• jo1955

NativeMmainer - Great news on the hearing being postponed and you will be able to attend after all.  Now you will get your day in court - so to speak.  So what if the RO had to take a day off.  Serves him right - if he had cooperated in the beginning this would not be happening.  Keep us posted.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,601

NM, That's fantastic news!  Keep us posted for the official meeting and I'll send good karma along with you!

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

NM--good news!  Glad you will still be able to have your say!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

NM, GREAT news!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

NM-what great news that you will be able to attend after all.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Good deal, NM!  Now you can line up someone to go with you to the reschedule, and be well prepared.  I am so glad they did not have a chance to get the drop on you with the last-minute meeting.
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Ah, the power of collective pi$$ing!!! You got what we wanted for you!!

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189

Barbe, We all love you for posting what we are thinking!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Just got the call from the rep.  The Medical Board Hearing has been rescheduled to September 13th.  That's the first day the doc could make it.  Im betting he thinks he's going to out wait or wear me down, but now that I know I get to answer questions and also make a final statement, he's just handed me MONTHS to prepare.  I'm gonna cream him, finally. 

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

NM yey you!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

NM-This so ROCKS!!!!  Congratulations!

• jo1955

NM - You rock!  Go with both guns loaded.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Good for you NM!  I know your prep will be better than anything he brings to the table.

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189

Yeah NM, you go girl!!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

NM-You go girl, give it to him

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

NM - DITTO.  At least you have time to get everything together and have some support to go with you.  So sorry you are having to deal with this.

• jo1955

elimar - Love the new picture at the top.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

way to go NM....glad it was post poned,,,now you have a date and plenty of time to line up someone to take with you...you go girl

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Yahoo news alert...

Pass this along to women who have a lumpectomy planned...they might want to see where their surgeon stands on this, maybe spare themselves from losing a bunch of nodes...

Some breast cancer patients can skip node surgery

• jo1955

elimar - I saw a similar report this morning on the news.  From what I got out of it, they were saying that at least the 1 - 2 nodes closest to the tumor would need to be removed - not the massive amounts that were previously done.  

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I saw the same thing also.  This would be a good thing!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Nativemainer...September 13th gives you plenty of time to prepare and plan.....you have waited this long, you can wait some more. Congratulations on taking back your power!!! YOu rock my dear! you really do!

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

elimar:  i heard that article on the radio.  confirms my thought that i am at state of the art hospital!  i am very grateful for that.   they insert a dye that show inflamed or ar risk and only remove inflamed or at risk nodes.  reduces risk of infection, limited mvet, better rehab.  stuff like that.   gues thats why ui use the handle "phew"?

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

NM so happy everything worked out for you, now you can prepare to kick butt.

That study saved my nodes! the first BS I saw said since I had a positive node found during the initial biopsy they would not even do SNB and go straight for the dissection. When I saw the BS at MSKCC she said they would do SNB and see what they find. less than 3 no need to take out the rest with lumpectomy and radiation. i decided to go with less invasive version. Since I have only 2 positive node I got to keep the rest of them....night all.

thanks for the hugs, feeling much better tonight.

Jean

• jo1955

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
     NM..   3jays